Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe (12219 Views)

Abubakar Malami Denies NDDC Bribe Allegation, Calls For Exposure Of Culprits / Half Of CBN Looting: Gowon Denies Allegation Says 'It Is Rubbish' / COZA: Buhari Reacts To The Allegation, Calls For Calm In National Interest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by nairalandkachy1: 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2023
Former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Boss Mustapha, has vehemently denied a report alleging his involvement in the alleged illegal withdrawal of $6.3 million from the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) during Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

The report, published by an online newspaper, claimed that a special investigator appointed by President Bola Tinubu uncovered the alleged theft, which supposedly occurred on February 8, 2023 — weeks before the presidential election.

The report further alleged that Mustapha, along with the embattled former CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, authorised the removal of the cash from the bank’s vault under the guise of funding foreign election observer missions.

The investigator’s report, as quoted by the publication, claimed CCTV footage captured how the money was moved out of the apex bank.

However, Mustapha, in a strongly worded statement made available to journalists on Saturday, categorically refuted the accusations, calling them “outrageous and unsubstantiated.”

He described the article as a “malicious fabrication” and an “orchestrated” attempt to assassinate my character and besmirch my reputation.”

The former SGF stressed that he lacked knowledge of the purported “Presidential Directive” cited in the report as justification for the withdrawal.

He also stated that he was never involved in discussions or transactions related to any payments for foreign election observers.

Furthermore, Mustapha questioned the timing of the allegations, pointing to the sensitive pre-Christmas period as a deliberate attempt to exploit public sentiment and sow seeds of doubt.

The former SGF demanded a thorough and transparent investigation into the matter, urging the authorities to probe the source of the fabricated documents and expose those behind the “smear” campaign.”

Mustapha also appealed to the public and media to exercise critical thinking and not succumb to misinformation.

Part of his response reads: “The article hinges on the dubious premise of forged documents and a misleading narrative. It claims that $6.3 million was withdrawn from the CBN vaults based on a purported “Presidential Directive” bearing the signature of President Buhari. This document, unsurprisingly, has not been presented for public scrutiny. In fact, I have no knowledge of such a directive, nor was I ever involved in any discussions or transactions regarding the alleged payment to foreign election observers.

“I demand a thorough and transparent investigation into this matter. Let the relevant authorities probe the source of these fabricated documents and expose those responsible for this malicious attempt to damage my reputation. I have nothing to hide and welcome any legitimate investigation that sheds light on the truth.

“Throughout my career in public service, I have always upheld the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct. I have served with dedication and transparency, and my record speaks for itself. I will not allow this baseless and defamatory attack to go unchallenged. I will defend my reputation vigorously and ensure that the truth prevails.

“This is not just about me; it is about upholding the integrity of public service and safeguarding the reputation of those who have served this country with honour. I trust that the Nigerian people will see through this orchestrated attack and recognize it for what it truly is: a desperate attempt to silence a voice of reason and integrity.”

https://dailytrust.com/malicious-fabrication-boss-mustapha-refutes-6-3m-cbn-looting-allegation-calls-for-probe/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0vMOotjxNdkmfh6WR_B6ECIGsQJ4TJrvcfXG8OV115XhQ2Zezeyr0NFPA#Echobox=1703417380

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7947889/cctv-shows-boss-mustapha-godwin#127595126

3 Likes

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Chicagograduate(m): 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2023
All Buhari's appointees stole money.When Buhari was globetrotting around the continent for more than a month without handing over to osinbade who was running the government?
Buhari took 77 trillion Naira loan with nothing to show for the loan he took at nigerians expenses.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by GOFRONT(m): 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2023
Sadiya, Emefiele and now Mustapha..........No wonder Folorunsho would say Buhari left a messy govt for Tinubu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Segun91: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ok,
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by morikee: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hmm
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Skillsnigeria: 6:16pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by BluntCrazeMan: 6:17pm On Dec 24, 2023
Wahalla Ooohh.!!
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by olatade(m): 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2023
God will surely judge all of you that put Nigeria in this situation.

1 Like

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by taiwotimitt: 6:18pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hmm

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Naijanascam: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by broadman20: 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
Who is Tinubu' to start with?

Can a THEIF probe a THEIF?

This is just wasting of time and money.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Zico5(m): 6:19pm On Dec 24, 2023
Why will he not refute it, Buhari is so weak that he was not even aware of gross misconduct going on under his nose. Tinubu has a lot to do on these looters that have pillaged our scarce resources. I think he needs to investigate all Buhari ministers and head of parastatals and agencies. They really dealt with this country.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by iwaeda: 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
nairalandkachy1:

https://dailytrust.com/malicious-fabrication-boss-mustapha-refutes-6-3m-cbn-looting-allegation-calls-for-probe/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0vMOotjxNdkmfh6WR_B6ECIGsQJ4TJrvcfXG8OV115XhQ2Zezeyr0NFPA#Echobox=1703417380

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7947889/cctv-shows-boss-mustapha-godwin#127595126

Anyone that believes all these lies from special investigator Obazee, needs medulla rewiring. How can Tunde approved Naira redesign, when Buhari took all the responsibilities in national broadcast. I am not saying Emefiele is a Saint o. grin grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Hezzyluv: 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
Normal normal, Buhari supoz go jail.

3 Likes

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by tsephanyah(f): 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
Money on he did that sh!t
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Nargiie: 6:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ok
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by easyfem(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2023
any news about that buari regime , i believe die ...... nothing good comes from that man

1 Like

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Obakoolex(m): 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2023
undecided we'll only be surprised as it's possible that Buhari regime was the most corrupt in history of Nigeria.
Once all the head of parastatals noticed bubu is a vegetable riding on past glory they all swung into looting galore

6 Likes

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by seborrhic: 6:28pm On Dec 24, 2023
Don't mind obazee.
A criminal probing a criminal what do u expect?
Just wait,when the loopholes, inconsistencies and outright falsehoods in the report are gradually exposed,the office of Obazee will then come and deny the published reports are what he submitted to Tinubu.
A man that conducted a financial forensics report in 5months that would take even the most reputable of accounting firms like PWC,at least 18months-2 years to conduct,can only have achieved that if he worked to a predetermined answer.
Mustapha,a man with such government powers with the CBN chairman,would be so daft that they would allow their moving cash to be captured on CCTV.
If this report is not the figment of Obazee imagination,he should secretly leak the CCTV coverage to the press.
Never seen where a dismissed criminal would be put in charge of am investigation of such magnitude if not that he maybe known to come out with any wild imagination of indictment his masters bid him to,at the right price or with the promise that his own fraud case would be dropped and he would be given substantial share if not control of one of the banks the goverment wants to confiscate.

4 Likes

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Felabrity: 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2023
Mustache supposed dey jail by now supposed dey serve 200 years with all assets seized

1. This is Nigeria, apc useless
2. Na northerner
3. Even if EFCC arrested him, they will release him one week later after collecting their share.

1 Like

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by flexyrule(m): 6:30pm On Dec 24, 2023
Lol
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by money121(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
Ojelu
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Obakoolex(m): 6:32pm On Dec 24, 2023
seborrhic:
Don't mind obazee.
A criminal probing a criminal what do u expect?
The best person to catch a thief is a thief if you don't know
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by kabius(m): 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2023
Chicagograduate:
All Buhari's appointees stole money.When Buhari was globetrotting around the continent for more than a month without handing over to osinbade who is running the government?

That's right.

Plus how do I post something on nairaland. Like on frontpage
Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Justiceleague1: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
Coneheaded structures are less kwoncerned, Emefiele is the password to their bank accounts and pots of ewedu

2 Likes

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by phransix2: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
Don't be surprised if the looting in the last administration exceeds that of GEJ, then this administration would exceed that of the previous. gradually they would finish Nigeria...

2 Likes

Re: Ex-SGF Boss Mustapha Refutes $6.3m CBN Looting Allegation, Calls For Probe by Roboto11: 6:34pm On Dec 24, 2023
I sort of believe him.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa Speaker Refuses To Vacate Seat After A'court Sacking / Fayose Distributes N10Million Grant To Artisans In Ekiti / NBA Damaturu branch Yobe State Shuns The Boycott Demand. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.