Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta (948 Views)

Nobody Safe In Nigeria – Lamido Says After Meeting Obasanjo / I Am Still COVID-19 Positive, El-Rufai Speaks From Isolation / Atiku Speaks On Meeting Obasanjo, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Icartaway: 8:56pm On Dec 24, 2023
Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, shared his thoughts after meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo. As previously reported by News Verified, El-Rufai visited Obasanjo at his residence in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on Sunday.

Following the meeting, the ex-Governor took to his X platform account to express that it was a visit to his former boss. El-Rufai expressed gratitude to the former President for hosting him, mentioning that he and his friends enjoyed a delightful meal courtesy of Mrs. Obasanjo.

He further revealed that he has since returned to Kaduna.

“Earlier today, I visited my boss, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, (who) welcomed me and my friends (in) his Abeokuta home. We were hosted to a sumptuous lunch by Mrs. Obasanjo for which we are very grateful. Back to base for Christmas in sha Allah,” El-Rufai wrote along with pictures from the meeting.

It would be recalled that recently, the former Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai was installed as the Gbobaniyi of Ijebuland by the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona.

News Verified understands that El-Rufai is the first Nigerian outside the South West to receive a chieftaincy title from the Awujale of Ijebuland in his nearly 64-year reign.

El-Rufai in a post on his X account wrote, “I am pleased to announce that on Saturday, the 16th of December 2023, His Royal Majesty Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona the Paramount Ruler and Awujale of Ijebuland will honour my brother and confidant Otunba Jimi Lawal with two chieftaincy titles for his contributions to the Ijebu Kingdom and Nigeria, along with his wife Maryam Lawal.

“I also am privileged to be the first Nigerian outside of South-West of Nigeria to be conferred with a chieftaincy title by the Awujale in his nearly 64-year reign.

“I am to be recognised as the Gbobaniyi of Ijebuland. I am grateful to Kabiyesi Awujale for the recognition and thank all those who have wished me well for this.”

https://thisweekng.com/el-rufai-speaks-after-meeting-obasanjo-in-abeokuta/

Re: El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Jostoman: 9:04pm On Dec 24, 2023
Good one from El-rufai and our peace loving daddy OBASANJO.
Re: El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by tballeyy(m): 9:12pm On Dec 24, 2023
El- rufai started his presidential campaign very early

3 Likes

Re: El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by BabaO2: 9:20pm On Dec 24, 2023
Icartaway:
Former Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, shared his thoughts after meeting with former President Olusegun Obasanjo. As previously reported by News Verified, El-Rufai visited Obasanjo at his residence in Abeokuta, Ogun State, on Sunday.

Following the meeting, the ex-Governor took to his X platform account to express that it was a visit to his former boss. El-Rufai expressed gratitude to the former President for hosting him, mentioning that he and his friends enjoyed a delightful meal courtesy of Mrs. Obasanjo.

He further revealed that he has since returned to Kaduna.

“Earlier today, I visited my boss, former President Olusegun Obasanjo, (who) welcomed me and my friends (in) his Abeokuta home. We were hosted to a sumptuous lunch by Mrs. Obasanjo for which we are very grateful. Back to base for Christmas in sha Allah,” El-Rufai wrote along with pictures from the meeting.

It would be recalled that recently, the former Governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai was installed as the Gbobaniyi of Ijebuland by the Awujale of Ijebuland, Oba Sikiru Adetona.

News Verified understands that El-Rufai is the first Nigerian outside the South West to receive a chieftaincy title from the Awujale of Ijebuland in his nearly 64-year reign.

El-Rufai in a post on his X account wrote, “I am pleased to announce that on Saturday, the 16th of December 2023, His Royal Majesty Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona the Paramount Ruler and Awujale of Ijebuland will honour my brother and confidant Otunba Jimi Lawal with two chieftaincy titles for his contributions to the Ijebu Kingdom and Nigeria, along with his wife Maryam Lawal.

“I also am privileged to be the first Nigerian outside of South-West of Nigeria to be conferred with a chieftaincy title by the Awujale in his nearly 64-year reign.

“I am to be recognised as the Gbobaniyi of Ijebuland. I am grateful to Kabiyesi Awujale for the recognition and thank all those who have wished me well for this.”

https://thisweekng.com/el-rufai-speaks-after-meeting-obasanjo-in-abeokuta/
It is a makeup visit for slihgting obasanjo for not counting him worthy of a visit during his chieftancy installation just at a close neighbouring town a week ago.
We understand better now, no one is capable of single handedly installing anyone as Nigerian president or governor in democracy
Re: El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by SharingIsLife(m): 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2023
Which 'Mrs Obasanjo' is this? Looks like Obj has a young wife massaging him.
Re: El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Kukutenla: 7:16am On Dec 25, 2023
If you see hell fire in ur front yard and see a snake in your backyard
My brother hug that snake tight and but you see the terrorist midget blow am up straight.
People of SK can explain better
Re: El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by YorubaDemonswag: 8:33am On Dec 25, 2023
God bless mallam el rufai and ebora owu
Re: El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by NairalandGossip: 11:05am On Dec 25, 2023
El rufai already setting up for 2031
Re: El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by richiemcgold: 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2023
Oba
Re: El-rufai Speaks After Meeting Obasanjo In Abeokuta by Melagros(m): 2:02pm On Dec 25, 2023
I don't understand what this Islamic jihadist is saying. He set the precedence for Tinubu to hate Nigerian Christians like tomorrow no dey

(1) (Reply)

Unity Of Yoruba And Igbo / Picture: Can You Guess The Nigerian City This Is? / Why Was Abacha's Govt Better at Handling The economy than Tinubu And Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.