Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,713 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts (19088 Views)

Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator / Emefiele Speaks Tough On February 10th Deadline, Reveals Next Line Of Action / Church Of Satan Replies Fani-kayode's Accusation Of Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by thisweekng: 12:25am On Dec 25, 2023
The former Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Godwin Emefiele, has refuted claims that he opened 593 foreign bank accounts.
Emefiele stated this in a statement on Sunday titled, “Re; Emefiele, other stole billions, illegally kept Nigeria’s funds in foreign banks” in response to the publication of the report of the Private Investigator into the affairs of the CBN, Jim Obazee.

In the leaked report, Obazee claimed that Emefiele opened 593 accounts in different parts of the world and bought three commercial banks in the country.

But according to the statement, Emefiele said he is not involved in the opening of the foreign accounts and he does not have knowledge of their openings.

The former CBN Governor asserted that fixed deposits in those foreign accounts are definitely outside his knowledge, adding that the relevant departments of the CBN have the authority to carry out such activities in line with their lawful mandate within the apex bank.

Emefiele, therefore, demanded a thorough and transparent investigation of the alleged frauds and has asked lawyers to immediately commence a legal process to clear my name from the defamatory statements contained in the report.

He said: “The final issue that I will like to respond to is the issue of the 593 accounts which were purportedly opened in different parts of the world. I state categorically that I am not involved in the opening of these accounts and I do not have knowledge of their openings. The fixed deposits in those foreign accounts are definitely outside my knowledge.

“However, let me state clearly, that the relevant departments of the CBN have the authority to carry out such activities in line with their lawful mandate within the CBN.

“I therefore join well-meaning Nigerians who have spoken on this matter and have demanded a thorough and transparent investigation of all these alleged frauds.

“Meanwhile, I have instructed my lawyers to immediately commence the legal process to clear my name from the defamatory statements contained in the report and by extension the publications.”
https://thisweekng.com/emefiele-breaks-silence-on-opening-593-foreign-bank-accounts/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 12:31am On Dec 25, 2023
Bollocks!

Rumours of secret bank accounts opened by the CBN were floating around in mid 2022.

How can he as CBN governor claim ignorance of such massive cash flows from the treasury to over 500 offshore accounts?

Tomorrow the liar will carry big Bible enter court.

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DonFreshmoney(m): 12:39am On Dec 25, 2023
This man never talk through... I have and know the insider dealings that happened in CBN especially during the last 3 years of Emiefele regime. There is no way he doesn't have a hand and doesn't know about the account opened. From my screenshot I even said there is no top director in any of the departments in CBN that's not a Billionaire.. apart from opening foreign accounts, he opened shell companies with each Department Director of CBN as Directors of the company. For instance, NESI Stabilization strategy company ltd that is meant to provide funds and support to our electricity in the country was opened, he is the chairman and one Dr Olaitan (Ex director of Development Finance Department in CBN is the only Director)
Just both of them handle billions of Naira worth of contract for NESI ltd..

Emiefele is a fraudster...

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 1:01am On Dec 25, 2023
DonFreshmoney:
This man never talk through... I have and know the insider dealings that happened in CBN especially during the last 3 years of Emiefele regime. There is no way he doesn't have a hand and doesn't know about the account opened. From my screenshot I even said there is no top director in any of the departments in CBN that's not a Billionaire.. apart from opening foreign accounts, he opened shell companies with each Department Director of CBN as Directors of the company. For instance, NESI Stabilization strategy company ltd that is meant to provide funds and support to our electricity in the country was opened, he is the chairman and one Dr Olaitan (Ex director of Development Finance Department in CBN is the only Director)
Just both of them handle billions of Naira worth of contract for NESI ltd..

Emiefele is a fraudster...

I also remember the Form -M scandal which an independent journalist exposed how Emefile was doling FX at 1979 rates to cronies and the cabal .

This was how he secured further investigation from being carried out by the newly sworn Buhari govt and from there endeared himself to the cabal.

All Banksters deserve the rope but Emefile deserves to be drawn and quartered.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by Validated: 1:11am On Dec 25, 2023
DomPerignon:
Bollocks!

Rumours of secret bank accounts opened by the CBN were floating around in mid 2022.

How can he as CBN governor claim ignorance of such massive cash flows from the treasury to over 500 offshore accounts?

Tomorrow the liar will carry big Bible enter court.
Propaganda did not save Buhari. We are witnesses to his monumental failure. Tinubu has followed the same evil part of media frenzy and unfounded Propaganda. His failure will drive Nigerians into a bloody revolution. This I have seen.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 1:14am On Dec 25, 2023
Validated:

Propaganda did not save Buhari. We are witnesses to his monumental failure. Tinubu has followed the same evil part of media frenzy and unfounded Propaganda. His failure will drive Nigerians into a bloody revolution. This I have seen.

So the Obaze led Special investigative report is propaganda as well?

Pls , whatever you guys do, don't stop supporting IPOB, Kanu, Ukraine, Pissrael and Emefile .

Your badluck is a potent weapon against the enemies of humanity.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by GoodofNaija: 1:21am On Dec 25, 2023
DomPerignon:

So the Obaze led Special investigative report is propaganda as well?

Pls , whatever you guys do, don't stop supporting IPOB, Kanu, Ukraine, Pissrael and Emefile .

Your badluck is a potent weapon against the enemies of humanity.
That is the fact he has told you.

The path of propaganda you have embatked upon will do your druglord and drug team no good .

Nigerians know your party is a gang of shameless looters.

Look what you have turned Nigeria into in just 8 years. Is it IPOB that made your govt useless?

Criminal yoruba muslims!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 1:25am On Dec 25, 2023
GoodofNaija:

That is the fact he has told you.

The path of propaganda you have embatked upon will do your druglord and drug team no good .

Nigerians know your party is a gang of shameless looters.

Look what you have turned Nigeria into in just 8 years. Is it IPOB that made your govt useless?

Criminal yoruba muslims!

Just keep supporting Emefile .

I am sure he will appreciate the badluck

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by Didijiji: 1:25am On Dec 25, 2023
APC script Playing out well

They played Dasuki corrupt script during Buhari’s regime to keep the masses busy while they trying to figure out what governance means

Now they are more confused and the script is Emefiele

Nigerians watch as dollar hits 1.5k

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by Creamypie(m): 1:27am On Dec 25, 2023
Sanusi was the last and the best and only CBN governor we ever had. No charges for ATM, even interbank

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 1:27am On Dec 25, 2023
hammerFC:

TINUBU ONLINE RANTING ANIMAL.

NOBODY TAKES DIRTY AF0NJA SERIOUSLY ANYMORE.

NOBODY!

You are still in pains.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by GoodofNaija: 1:29am On Dec 25, 2023
DomPerignon:

Just keep supporting Emefile .

I am sure he will appreciate the badluck
You should even be ashamed of the pissful religion you represent. It is nothing but a cancer to the world as it is to Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 1:31am On Dec 25, 2023
Didijiji:
APC script Playing out well

They played Dasuki corrupt script during Buhari’s regime to keep the masses busy while they trying to figure out what governance means

Now they are more confused and the script is Emefiele

Nigerians watch as dollar hits 1.5k

Emefile remains a card carrying member of the APC.

He even bought their presidential form and was looking for a crooked court ruling to allow him participate in the primaries while still retaining his position as CBN governor.

Why are you fools ignoring this fact ?

If anything you should be happy that it's APC dog eat APC dog.

You guys will never get sense until you stop whining like some immature teenage girls.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 1:34am On Dec 25, 2023
GoodofNaija:

You should even be ashamed of the pissful religion you represent. It is nothing but a cancer to the world as it is to Nigeria.

Your frustration is killing you.

I understand that you have invested so much in your fake Jewry only for you to wake up and see your chosen masters being demystified by a half starving militia with rusty AKs.

Whatever you do, pls do not stop supporting the enemies of humanity .

Your support is kryptonite to whomever you lend it to.

6 Likes

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by jkpbestseries: 1:34am On Dec 25, 2023
abacha younger brother

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by Enugurangers: 1:35am On Dec 25, 2023
Igbos love Emefiele because he is Igbo. We can see some posters up there defending him. They hate APC but they llove Emefiele.

8 Likes

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 1:37am On Dec 25, 2023
Enugurangers:
Igbos love Emefiele because he is Igbo.

They love him because they are attracted to shit like flies.

IPOB/Kanu
Obi
Ukraine
Emefile
Pissrael

Anything they support , know it's shit.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 1:56am On Dec 25, 2023
hammerFC:

TINUBU ONLINE RANTING ANIMAL.

NOBODY TAKES DIRTY AF0NJA SERIOUSLY ANYMORE.

NOBODY!

When next you complain about the exchange rate, remember to ask Tinubu to use Emefile's loot stashed in over 500 foreign accounts to prop the naira.

The level of stupidity from you guys is only matched with your duplicity and hypocrisy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by Emperormartin(m): 2:04am On Dec 25, 2023
And ganduje that was caught on live camera collecting bribe is walking free...

This is our country Nigeria is very very dubious that's why some EU nations don't take us serious especially in matters concerning international politics

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by DomPerignon: 2:08am On Dec 25, 2023
Emperormartin:

This is our country Nigeria is very very dubious that's why some EU nations don't take us serious especially in matters concerning international politics

You are complaining about what exactly ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by ican2020: 2:54am On Dec 25, 2023
Very unserious people
Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by Chibuzoripob: 3:28am On Dec 25, 2023
sad A THIEF is a THIEF any day sad.The THIEVES like this should be drag b4 the gods shrine cool,NOT the FAKE shrine,a confam OGUN,AYELALA ,AMADIOHA cool to swear sad

1 Like

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by Didijiji: 3:59am On Dec 25, 2023
DomPerignon:

Emefile remains a card carrying member of the APC.

He even bought their presidential form and was looking for a crooked court ruling to allow him participate in the primaries while still retaining his position as CBN governor.

Why are you fools ignoring this fact ?

If anything you should be happy that it's APC dog eat APC dog.

You guys will never get sense until you stop whining like some immature teenage girls.
You be mumu oooo

Now have a look at all the things i wrote up there, go under a tree and think about each. He is a member of APC and so what? only cowards will ignore the Buhari that approved Naira swap and go after Emefiele. As per getting sense, who is the foolish one here? How much is 50kg rice, fuel and dollar today? You that have maintained your sense since 2015 should answer that

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele Speaks On Accusation Of Opening 593 Foreign Bank Accounts by ElohimShenRa(m): 4:41am On Dec 25, 2023
Emperormartin:

Whataboutism is in your DNA and is killing you nonentities. That was how you and your people were defending “Evans The Kidnapper”.

3 Likes

(1)

“What Has Saraki Done In Kwara Sef?” / Nigerian Government Moves To Sell Power Generating Companies, Invites Bids / Triumph Of The ‘yahoo-yahoo’ Governors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.