Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. (308 Views)

Man Compares Magician Who 'Walks In The Air' To Jesus (Photos) / Benson Idahosa: The Man Who Vividly Described His Death - Leke Beecroft / The Wonderful Characters Of The Man, Jesus By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2023
There is a lot of Misconception about our Lord Jesus, His Origin, His Birth, His Mission and His Death.

I will Try my best to clear such Mis conceptions as Christians, especially Nigerian Christians are the people who know the least about Jesus, because The English interpretation is the most inaccurate in respect to translation, due to cultural difference loss in translation and various sects.

This is in No means to Ridicule the Christian faith of Which I am a Beliver in, but for People to see the Light and stop being Sheep's to their Pastors or Religious Leader.

That being said am a no denominational Beliver. Note I used the word Beliver, as I believe in Christ, but not Christian as I believe that Word should only be used by those who are Christlike in Nature, follow his teachings and obey his commandments, not those who go to Church.
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2023
1.The Man Jesus was never at the Beginning of Craeation.

When God said let us Create Man in our image, he was talking to the Angels not Jesus Christ.
There was no Jesus or Thought about Jesus in the Beginning.
The thought of a savior for Mankind came after the fall of Adam.
In the Garden of Eden, there were two trees, the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and The Tree of Life.
Had Adam and Eve not eaten from the tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil when they were supposed to Eat it, the would have attained the Tree of Life, but Adam failed as the first Son of God and the process for the Second Adam began.

1 Corinthians 15:45-58 GNT
For the scripture says, “The first man, Adam, was created a living being”; but the last Adam is the life-giving Spirit.
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:05am On Dec 25, 2023
There was no Mention of Son of God Jesus as we take it, anywhere in the Old Testament, there was only mentions of Hope of a redeemer.
This is because we are all meant to be sons of God after his image, but the fall of Adam made us children of the Serpant., That is why a purgative process over time was needed to be achieved for his birth to take place.
All the prophets over time talked of a redeemer to come from the line of David. No one mentioned a Son of God coming from Heaven, that is New Testament doctrine, taken far out of context.

The first Son of God was Adam because, he was created Sinless but he fell into Sin dragging Mankind into sin with him, The second Son of God was Jesus because he was born Sinless and he attained a God like status which Adam failed to attain.
I. E The Tree Of Life

Genesis 6 :1- 4
John 8: 44 - 45

His birth was between a man and a woman, unfortunately the bible does not talk about who his earthly father is, it only said his birth was Holy spirit led.
We all know Bible Genology is male linage, He was said to be of the linage of David, linage does not end with a woman, it ends with a man, so he certainly had an earthly father.
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2023
The Mission of Israel of Old was to be a City on the Hill, through which Salvation was to come to the world

The Mission of Jesus Christ was to redeem theunite the Isrealites, Redeem them and start a true family, through which sin can be eliminated from the world.
In this he failed,

He was not accepted in Israel he came to unite,
He did not unite Isreal
He could not raise a true family
There is still sin in the world.

In fact he cursed Isreal and till today, the still feel the effects of the curse
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:06am On Dec 25, 2023
Jesus Of Nazareth is not coming Back.

The aim of Jesus was to save Isreal and then save the world,

He failed in that,

The process of raising another sinless man would be orchestrated by the father at the right time, hopefully he will reach perfection, raise a family free of sin , and from there earth will be reformed.

Anyone expecting Jesus to come back from the sky as he went is wasting his time, all those are wishful thinking imbibed into scripture to give hope to the early Christians.

Anyone also expecting a rapture of floating people is just being deluded.

The aim of God's Creation of Man, is to have people in his image, pure and perfect.
And no matter how long he will achieve it,

You can all continue with the white washing your religious leaders give you, or read the scriptures yourself and ask the Holy Spirit for Understanding.

Jesus was and is not God, He is a Man who attained God's Status by being born sinless and Leaving a righteous life.

Happy Christmas 🎄🎄🎄
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Westerhoffe(m): 8:40am On Dec 25, 2023
Most of you have no understanding of the personality of JESUS CHRIST, but yet you keep displaying your ignorance in explaining the things of the Spirit.

You quoted:

1 Corinthians 15 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴⁵ And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
⁴⁶ Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
⁴⁷ The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
⁴⁸ As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

⁴⁹ And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
⁵⁰ Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
⁵¹ Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
⁵² In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
⁵³ For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

⁵⁴ So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
⁵⁵ O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
⁵⁶ The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
⁵⁷ But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
⁵⁸ Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Now can you explain these:

EVIDENCES FROM THE BIBLE THAT JESUS CHRIST THE SON AND WORD OF GOD IS GOD.

John 3 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁶ That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

¹¹ Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

“Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.”
— John 8:19 (KJV)

“It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.”
— John 6:63 (KJV)

Just as a human will always be a human;
And just as a spirit will always be a spirit;
So will the sons of humans be human.
And the Son of GOD be GOD.
For just as a prince in the palace of a king is a future King, so JESUS CHRIST the Prince of Peace is the Mighty GOD.

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”
— Isaiah 9:6 (KJV)

JESUS CHRIST possesses all the characteristics of GOD, which are undeniable by these facts, which were recorded in the Holy Bible, the Book of Truth. And to this end has JESUS CHRIST spoken, that:

John 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³⁸ And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
³⁹ Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
⁴⁰ And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

And also, He said:

Luke 24 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁴⁴ And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.
⁴⁵ Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,
⁴⁶ And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
⁴⁷ And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
⁴⁸ And ye are witnesses of these things.
⁴⁹ And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

Now, since He knew the multitudes of people following Him only followed Him, for the great works, miracles, signs and wonders, but do not know exactly who He is, He asked them a question, and this is what happened:

Matthew 16 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?
¹⁴ And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.
¹⁵ He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?
¹⁶ And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
¹⁷ And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
¹⁸ And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
¹⁹ And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
²⁰ Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ.
Now, give your heart to know Wisdom, that His Truth may be revealed unto you this day:

Question: Who is He that is from above?
Answer: GOD.
JESUS CHRIST said He is from above and not of this world.

John 3:13, John 3:31, John 8:23, John 17:14

Question: Who has the power to save one from sins?
JESUS CHRIST say if you don't believe 'He' is the 'One' you will die in your sins.

Isaiah 45:22, Matthew 1:21-23, John 8:23-24, Luke 1:30-32,

Question: Who has the power to forgive sins?
JESUS CHRIST declares He has the power to forgive sins, and He exercised it even on earth before the people more than once.

Isaiah 43:25, Luke 5:17-24, Luke 7:36-50, Mark 2:1-11, Matthew 9:1-8.

Question: Who has and owns angels and also have the power and authority to send angels on errand?
JESUS CHRIST said, I JESUS sent my angel to testify unto you these things.

Exodus 32:34, Revelation 22:16, Matthew 13:41, Matthew 24:29-31, Acts 10:22, Acts 11:13

Question: Who do angels report to?
And Angels came to minister unto JESUS CHRIST after the temptation of the devil.

Daniel 7:10, Matthew 4:11.

Question: Who is He that cannot sin?
JESUS CHRIST said, who can impute sin unto Him?

Numbers 23:19, Isaiah 55:9, Jeremiah 2:5, John 8:46,

Question: Who sent prophets unto people?
JESUS CHRIST said they killed the prophets He sent to them.

Matthew 23:37, Matthew 5:12.

Question: Who has the power to gather people together as one?
JESUS CHRIST say how long will I gather you together?

Isaiah 41:4, Matthew 23:37.

Question: Who has the power to give life, raise the dead back to life?
JESUS CHRIST say I will give you life. And during His time, He raise up several dead to mention but a few.

Deuteronomy 32:39, I Samuel 2:6, Matthew 9:18-25, John 4:14, John 5:21,24, John 6:27, John 11:11-44, Luke 7:11-15.

Question: Who has such power to heal?
Bible said, GOD sent His Word and His Word heals them. JESUS CHRIST healed them all.

Psalm 107:20, Matthew 4:23-25.

Question: Who has the power to give eternal life?
JESUS CHRIST said He will give eternal life to whoever believes on Him.

John 10:28, John 17:2-3, I John 5:11, I John 5:20, John 3:15-16, Romans 2:7, Romans 5:21, Romans 6:23, Jude 1:21, John 3:36,

Question: Who has the power to give spiritual gifts to living immortal souls?
JESUS CHRIST said He will give the following:

Revelation 2:7, Revelation 2:17, Revelation 2:26-28, Revelation 3:5, Revelation 3:12, Revelation 3:21,

Question: Who has the power of resurrection?
JESUS CHRIST said He is the resurrection and He also resurrected.

Daniel 12:2, John 5:28-29, John 11:25, John 6:39.

Question: Who has the power to raise the dead on the day of resurrection?
JESUS CHRIST said the dead shall hear His voice and some shall be raised to life and others to damnation.

Daniel 12:1-3, John 5:28-29, John 6:39,

Question: Who has the power to judge on the day of judgment?
JESUS CHRIST declared He has the power to execute judgment and will do it.

Genesis 18:25, Job 21:22, Psalms 7:8, Psalms 9:7-8, Psalms 50:6, Psalms 75:7, Matthew 25:31-42, John 5:19, John 8:16, John 5:22, John 5:26-27, Act 10:42, John 9:39, John 5:28-30, II Timothy 4:1, Hebrews 12:23, Revelation 20:11-15.

Question: Who has power to declare the end from the beginning?
JESUS CHRIST was able to explain the future of this world since His own time.

Isaiah 46:9-10, Isaiah 45:21, Matthew 24:3-51, Revelation 4:1-11

Question: Who is He that feeds all flesh?
JESUS CHRIST able to defy the law of diminish in feeding thousands with few fishes and bread.

Psalm 136:25, Matthew 14:13-21, Matthew 15:32-38.

Question: Who has it been written about that he rides from heaven to heaven?
JESUS CHRIST able to ascend back to heaven without wings or planes.

Psalm 68:4, Psalm 68:33, Acts 1:9-10.

Question: Who was it written about that He rides upon the waves?
JESUS CHRIST walked upon the sea.

Job 9:8, Psalm 93:4, Matthew 14:25-27.

Question: Who is able to search the heart of men and try their reins?
JESUS CHRIST said the whole church will know that He is He that searches the heart and tries the reins.

Jeremiah 17:10, Revelation 2:23

Question: Who is He that shall reward every man according to their works?
JESUS CHRIST said He is coming with His reward to reward every man according to their works.

Ecclesiastes 12:14, Revelation 22:11-12.

Question: Who is the Almighty?
JESUS CHRIST said He is the Almighty.

Genesis 17:1, Genesis 35:11, Exodus 6:3, Ezekiel 1:24, Revelation 1:8, Revelation 4:8.

Question: Who is the first and last?
JESUS CHRIST said He is the first and last.

Isaiah 41:4, Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah 45:21, Revelation 1:11, Revelation 1:17, Revelation 22:13

Question: Who is the beginning and the ending?
JESUS CHRIST saith He is the beginning and the ending.

Revelation 1:8, Revelation 21:6, Revelation 22:13.

Question: Who Himself is the Saviour?
Angels of GOD who do not lie called JESUS CHRIST the Saviour born.

Isaiah 45:21, Isaiah 43:3, Isaiah 43:11, Isaiah 45:15, Luke 1:47, Luke 2:11,
John 4:42, Acts 5:31, Acts 13:23, I Timothy 2:3, I Timothy 4:10, Titus 1:4, II Peter 3:18.

Question: Who is Wisdom?
JESUS CHRIST said He is the Wisdom that has been from the beginning with GOD and justified by His children.

Proverbs 8, Matthew 11:19

Question: Who is the King of kings and the LORD of lords?

Psalms 47:2, Psalms 95:3, Malachi 1:14, I Timothy 6:14-15, Revelation 17:14, Revelation 19:16

Question: Who is the Word of GOD by which GOD created all things?
JESUS CHRIST was the only One written of as the Word of GOD.

Psalm 107:20, Isaiah 55:11, John 1:1-14, Revelation 19:13.

Question: Who is the Creator of all things?
Answer: GOD
JESUS CHRIST was the same Word by which all things were made.

Genesis 1, Proverbs 8, John 1:1-3,10, Colossians 1:15-16,

Question: Who is the Light of the world?
JESUS CHRIST said He is the Light of the world.

John 8:12, John 1:4, John 12:46

Question: Who is this that demons fear and tremble before Him?
Demons fear and tremble before JESUS CHRIST.

Mark 1:24, James 2:19

Question: Who did GOD give to the world to serve and worship?
JESUS CHRIST said of any man serve Him, such man should follow Him.

Daniel 7:9,13-14, John 5:23, John 12:26

Question: Who is He that rules over the raging sea and calms the storm?
JESUS CHRIST calmed the storm.

Psalms 65:7, Psalms 89:9, Mark 4:39.

Question: In whose name are we to pray?
Answer: GOD'S name.
JESUS CHRIST taught that prayers and requests be made in His name.

Matthew 21:22, John 14:13-14, Matthew 7:7, John 15:7, John 15:16.

Question: Who owns all powers?
JESUS CHRIST said all powers belongs to Him.

Mathew 28:18, Luke 10:22, John 3:35, Ephesians 1:20-22,

Question: Who can have glory with GOD the FATHER from the beginning before the world was created?
JESUS CHRIST said He has glory with the FATHER from the beginning before the world was created.

John 17:1,4-6

Question: Who is He that it is written concerning that you should not tempt?
JESUS CHRIST commanded and reminded Satan that it is written that he must not tempt the LORD his GOD.

Deuteronomy 6:16, Matthew 4:7

Question: Who is it written that Him only you shall worship?
JESUS CHRIST told Satan that Satan ought to worship the LORD his GOD alone.

Exodus 20:3,5, Exodus 34:14, Matthew 4:10.

By the HOLY SPIRIT, it was revealed that JESUS CHRIST was called 'GOD' by the FATHER:
But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Daniel 7:9,13-14, Hebrews:1:8, John 14:9

JESUS CHRIST accepted worship of those who bowed down to worship Him without refraining nor stopping them because of who He is:
John 13 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹³ Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

²⁰ Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

“Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”
— Matthew 4:10 (KJV)

Now, who could David had called LORD in the Spirit? When the LORD said to the LORD which David called LORD in the Spirit that this LORD that David called LORD in the Spirit should 'sit' on His right hand till He makes His enemies His footstool?
They called JESUS CHRIST the son of David; yet David saw Him in the Spirit and called Him, "My LORD."
(The revealing of JESUS CHRIST to David before He [JESUS CHRIST] came to the world)[

Psalm 110:1, Matthew 22:42-46

And JESUS CHRIST said:

John 5 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
³⁷ And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.
³⁸ And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.
³⁹ Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
⁴⁰ And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
⁴¹ I receive not honour from men.
⁴² But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
⁴³ I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
⁴⁴ How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?
⁴⁵ Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust.
⁴⁶ For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
⁴⁷ But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Philippians 2 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁵ Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
⁶ Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
⁷ But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
⁸ And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
⁹ Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
¹⁰ That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
¹¹ And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

1 Like

Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:55am On Dec 25, 2023
Westerhoffe:
Most of you have no understanding of the personality of JESUS CHRIST, but yet you keep displaying your ignorance in explaining the things of the Spirit.

Please stop quoting irrelevant verses to Spam
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Westerhoffe(m): 9:01am On Dec 25, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

Please stop quoting irrelevant verses to Spam

The Expository Counters to your misleading and deceptive thread/post are in those irrelevant verses.

Good morning.
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:04am On Dec 25, 2023
Westerhoffe:

The Expository Counters to your misleading and deceptive thread/post are in those irrelevant verses.

Good morning.
take the counters individually, not quoting the whole bible, moreover you saw I was still typing when u started quoting
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Westerhoffe(m): 9:06am On Dec 25, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

take the counters individually, not quoting the whole bible, moreover you saw I was still typing when u started quoting

Nothing to take individually when it has to be responded to at once.

Stop the misleading post.
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Maximus692(m): 9:21am On Dec 25, 2023
The title "CHRIST" is about a man born to be called:
WONDERFUL COUNSELOR
MIGHTY GOD
EVERLASTING FATHER
PRINCE of PEACE. Isaiah 9:6

In all of these we need to know that those who are followers or subjects of this title holder must be ORGANIZED {1Corinthians 14:33,40} as a unique group {John 17:22} to be identified by some activities {Act 11:26} which has to do with the command he gave them. Matthew 28:19-20

So it's a lie to assume that the word CHRISTIANS refer to individuals found in different religions claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines! 1Corinthians 1:10 compare to Ephesians 4:3
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:40am On Dec 25, 2023
Maximus692:
The title "CHRIST" is about a man born to be called:
WONDERFUL COUNSELOR
MIGHTY GOD
EVERLASTING FATHER
PRINCE of PEACE. Isaiah 9:6

In all of these we need to know that those who are followers or subjects of this title holder must be ORGANIZED {1Corinthians 14:33,40} as a unique group {John 17:22} to be identified by some activities {Act 11:26} which has to do with the command he gave them. Matthew 28:19-20

So it's a lie to assume that the word CHRISTIANS refer to individuals found in different religions claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines! 1Corinthians 1:10 compare to Ephesians 4:3

The term Christ means Saviour
Christian means followers of the Saviour

Most people believe , that Jesus is the Saviour, and that is where it ends.
If you are a follower of Christ it will be evident in your life.
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Maximus692(m): 10:30am On Dec 25, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

The term Christ means Saviour
Christian means followers of the Saviour
Most people believe , that Jesus is the Saviour, and that is where it ends.
If you are a follower of Christ it will be evident in your life.

The highlighted is a big lie!

To illustrate:
Imagine a house where children lives and the one who supposed to be their father traveled but he commissioned a work and told his children to do the work thoroughly as a team with a promise that when he returns those BELIEVING in him as their father will be rewarded.
Please is it those calling him "daddy daddy" that are doing what he ordered or those working together as a team to make the difference their father expected? Matthew 7:21-23
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:37am On Dec 25, 2023
Maximus692:

The highlighted is a big lie!

To illustrate:
Imagine a house where children lives and the one who supposed to be their father traveled but he commissioned a work and told his children to do the work thoroughly as a team with a promise that when he returns those BELIEVING in him as their father will be rewarded.
Please is it those calling him "daddy daddy" that are doing what he ordered or those working together as a team to make the difference their father expected? Matthew 7:21-23
Lol
You just buttressed my point.

That you believe in Jesus does not make you a Christian.
A Christian is someone who is Christlike in Nature

Hearing and Obeying
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Maximus692(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

Lol
You just buttressed my point.
That you believe in Jesus does not make you a Christian.
A Christian is someone who is Christlike in Nature
Hearing and Obeying

So what WORK did Jesus do and commanded his disciples to do?
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:02am On Dec 25, 2023
Maximus692:

Read the beautitides
Matt 5: 3-12
Then read
Matt 22: 37- 39.

All this are not Evident in people that call themselves Christians this days
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Maximus692(m): 11:15am On Dec 25, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

Read the beautitides
Matt 5: 3-12
Then read
Matt 22: 37- 39.

All this are not Evident in people that call themselves Christians this days

Matthew 5 - 7 is about the Good News that his disciples should have in mind and the attitude they should have towards life and materialism.

Matthew 22:37-39 is about love for God and neighbours.

Both is what all other religions also talk about so that's not what makes someone a disciple of Christ. The disciples where IDENTIFIED when they were doing the WORK he commanded them in a city called Antioch! Act 11:26

So what is that work his disciples must engage themselves fully in doing that no other religion could do on this planet?
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:52am On Dec 25, 2023
Maximus692:

Matthew 5 - 7 is about the Good News that his disciples should have in mind and the attitude they should have towards life and materialism.

Matthew 22:37-39 is about love for God and neighbours.

Both is what all other religions also talk about so that's not what makes someone a disciple of Christ. The disciples where IDENTIFIED when they were doing the WORK he commanded them in a city called Antioch! Act 11:26

So what is that work his disciples must engage themselves fully in doing that no other religion could do on this planet?
In the beautitides Christ told you what you must do to inherit the kingdom of God,

He also told you if you love me, keep my commandments, and his commandments were love your God and love your neighbour, that is the fulcrum of the ten commandments,

Any other thing is piety, that is why he said on the last days a lot of people will come to me saying they did this and the did that, but he would say depart From me

So if you must be a Christian you must be Christlike, keepi his commandments of love, for on that hinges all other commandments,

Unfortunately that is not what we have in this days so called Christians.
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by FRANCISTOWN: 5:25am On Dec 27, 2023
Maximus692:

"how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." -Acts 10:38

That was the work your Jesus did.

And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. -Matthew 10:7

That up there was what your Jesus commanded.
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:10am On Dec 27, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

In the beautitides Christ told you what you must do to inherit the kingdom of God,
He also told you if you love me, keep my commandments, and his commandments were love your God and love your neighbour, that is the fulcrum of the ten commandments,
Any other thing is piety, that is why he said on the last days a lot of people will come to me saying they did this and the did that, but he would say depart From me
So if you must be a Christian you must be Christlike, keepi his commandments of love, for on that hinges all other commandments,
Unfortunately that is not what we have in this days so called Christians.

Jesus commanded his disciples to go and preach in all the nations baptizing them in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit {Matthew 28:19} then TEACHING them to observe all what he commanded. Matthew 28:20
Do you know any group that's practicing this today? smiley
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:16am On Dec 27, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

"how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him." -Acts 10:38
That was the work your Jesus did.
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. -Matthew 10:7
That up there was what your Jesus commanded.

You really tried Mr Atheist but you missed one vital point in that quotation!

Jesus never sent his disciples to go performing miracles outside Judea they were to keep the miracles only among the Jews {Matthew 10:6} because according to him it's not for the benefit of people who aren't Israelites! Matthew 15:24

So when he first sent them to go and preach and perform miracles it was only within the Jews but when he commanded them to go and preach and teach that's when he mentioned other nations {Matthew 28:19-20} he never told them to go performing miracles for people outside Judea. However after the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple which is the symbol of God's presence among the Jews all such supernatural gifts ceased! 1Corinthians 13:8-10

Thanks for your time! smiley
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by Proudlyngwa(m): 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus commanded his disciples to go and preach in all the nations baptizing them in the name of the father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit {Matthew 28:19} then TEACHING them to observe all what he commanded. Matthew 28:20
Do you know any group that's practicing this today? smiley
If you love me obey my commandments.

The commandments
Love your God
Love your neighbour, on it hinges all commandments.

So Jesus was all about love, That is why I said we don't have Christians, what we have is believers, because allmost all so called Christians don't have love
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2023
Proudlyngwa:

If you love me obey my commandments.
The commandments
Love your God
Love your neighbour, on it hinges all commandments.
So Jesus was all about love, That is why I said we don't have Christians, what we have is believers, because allmost all so called Christians don't have love

Jesus commanded LOVE and he demonstrated LOVE so it's not just by saying people should love otherwise there's no single religion on this planet that will not tell you they love their god and their neighbours.

The LOVE Jesus commanded is about a specific work that his disciples must do it's this work that no other religion can't engage that's why no member of any other religion can gain the approval of God except only those following what Jesus commissioned. John 3:16

So i ask you again: Do you know any group that's practicing what Jesus commanded today?
Re: Clearing The Air About The Man Jesus. by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:02am On Dec 28, 2023

(1) (Reply)

Alleged Scandal- Mutichoice To Take Down TB Joshua's Emmanuel TV January 17 / BBC Documentary On TB Joshua: 6 Key Takeaways / Lady Told Her Husband About Low Sales In Her Shop and make #23k After He Prayed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.