Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,168 members, 7,849,607 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:44 AM

Response To Princewill "11 Reason You Should Not Travel" - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Response To Princewill "11 Reason You Should Not Travel" (247 Views)

Nigerian Man Warns People Do Not Travel To Belarus (photos, Video) / My Street Response to Abuja Covid 19 Lockdown (photos) / 4 Reasons Why You Should Not Travel At Night This Yuletide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Response To Princewill "11 Reason You Should Not Travel" by Eniolohunda: 5:07pm On Dec 25, 2023
Although, I know the post is your opinion and you have every right to your opinions. But after reading it, It seems to me you have never stepped out of Nigeria and see the difference in living.
Let me make this clear, I am not one of the people that preach Japa or not Japa because I strictly believe that thing is about self conviction, you cannot convince anyone that is not ready to go neither can you convince anyone that is ready not to go, they both have their reasons.
Firstly, you can't call people that choose to travel coward or stupid because they know their reason for traveling and we all have different tastes in life.
Secondly you said it's more easy to be a billionaire in Nigeria than abroad, yes you might be right in the sense that it is easier to amount wealth illegally in Nigeria than any develop country.In developed countries there are check and balances, and who forbes list of billionaire help. Even those you call business men in Nigeria, will they tell you how many people they're robbing to pile up their wealth so they can be called billionaire. Nigerians call themselves religious, but don't believe in the phrase you will give account of any single penny you earn, everybody wants to be a billionaire, that's why the crime rate is so high in Nigeria. One politician is ready to amass the resources of a whole local government to himself or herself so he can be called a billionaire. Is that not crazy? People that travel don't travel to be called a trillionnaire but to enjoy the good life while they are alive.
Likewise, you list easy access to natural food in Nigeria, probably you live in the village and not in the city and in that village they have not adopted the use of chemicals in their plantings. Because people like me that lived in Lagos knew its hard to eat healthily in that city and even price of those things are very high compared to earnings of people. Talk of fruits preserved with chemicals, plantains forced to be ripe with cambard, and to worst it our beans, that one can even be called chemical, why are developed countries rejecting Nigerian beans.
Also let me treat your racism and insecurity together, racism is worst in Nigeria where we have thesame color. At least, even if some people are racist in the US here, they hide it. Because America is even a multi race country. That's why you hear Black Americans, native Americans, Hispanic Americans, Asian Americans and so on. And when they say native American, those are Indian Americans.
On insecurity, Nigeria is one of the most insecure country as of today, and this is worsening daily by the citizens. Government, is not doing enough to curb insecurity, and the citizens hate themselves too, that's why they resolved to kidnapping, ritual killings, hit and run drivers and co. You claimed it is easier to be killed in America than Nigeria, blatant lie. America is house of media being one of the top country, so if anything happens there, you immediately see it on the news in all countries. How many people are getting killed or kidnap everyday in Nigeria, and some they don't even report. There are no part of Nigeria today where there are no kidnappers. Meanwhile, in the America that you use as example, you can decide to go out by 1am without fear of being kidnap and nothing will happen to you. Yes there is freedom to possess gun in many states of America. And do you also know that the size of Nigeria is just like one state in America.
Also, I will respond to cost of living, rat race and taxation together. I don't know your yardstick for cost of living, to me the cost of living in Nigeria is higher, because cost of living should be compared to earnings, if you're paid based on minimum wage on 30k naira,let's say you have like 20k on top of it making it 50k. Buying only one crate of egg take 1500naira and to you that is cheap, now calculate how family of four and five will spend on feeding per month. Meanwhile, let's say the least earner in a country like US earn 500dollars in a week, and spend like 60dollars on family feeding. And on rat race, I guess that depends on individual, not every body living abroad run a rat race, that depends on level of individual contentment. And on tax, yes you can't escape tax in an advance country, the reason they are even doing better. Because, you will enjoy the dividends of your tax, like good road, light, good environment, kids school and co. Whereas, those that do government work in Nigeria still pay big tax because I was one of them and nothing to show for it, no good road, no light and you pay heavily for good school for your kids.
I can only agree with you on weather and entertainment. Even at that you will get use to the weather of wherever you live. And finally, on raising children, you can either be a successful or a failed parent irrespective of where you live.
So, let people decide their lives.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Response To Princewill "11 Reason You Should Not Travel" by Offpointng: 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2023
Read some few lines and I had no choice but to just loose it. No paragraphs, no spacing, just clumsy and unclear

Eniolohunda which school you go??
Re: Response To Princewill "11 Reason You Should Not Travel" by Eniolohunda: 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2023
Offpointng:
Read some few lines and I had no choice but to just loose it. No paragraphs, no spacing, just clumsy and unclear

Eniolohunda which school you go??

Your school, and thank you for your submission.
Re: Response To Princewill "11 Reason You Should Not Travel" by ednut1(m): 8:24pm On Dec 25, 2023
In 2024 make sure you ignore such posts. The author may not be in Nigeria or his own kids already have dual citizenship.

(1) (Reply)

Schengen Visa Application. / Am I The Only One Who Feels This Way? How Do I Stop? / Road Trip From Enugu To Awka {enugu Onitsha Expressway} Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.