Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,126 members, 7,863,922 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 09:00 AM

CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal (13996 Views)

Ribadu Summons CBN Investigator, Jim Obazee, Orders Return Of All Govt Property / Emefiele Operated 593 Illegal US, UK, China Accounts – CBN Investigator / Buhari Appoints Tunde Lemo As FERMA Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by erniok(m): 10:07am On Dec 26, 2023
delpee:

They were invited. They didn't show up. Now they've been asked to report to their office to present their case on the 28th of December according to the news. Hope they'll be there to straighten the records.
The question is how do you submit a report without concluding investigations. It doesnt make sense or do I assume now that there was no report?

2 Likes

Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by baralatie(m): 10:32am On Dec 26, 2023
As in Tunde Lemo
Lthe infamous lemo
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by Bluntemperor: 10:39am On Dec 26, 2023
Godfullsam:
All the new banks that sprang up in the last 3/4 years till date should be thoroughly investigated.
Those banks were acquired by CBN officials with ill gotten wealth by proxy.
I sincerely hope the investigator will be allowed to beam his search light in the direction of those managing NNPC. After he is done with Emiefele, Kyari should be next.
A lot of corruption in the oil sectors too.

True talk!
Those who acquired the Union Bank and Others, should know that it is not going to be like - Intercontinental Bank-being acquired by Access, under Political deal again. Those who tried to do the underlying deals will have more to explain to the Nigerian Public!
For these banks being acquired have hundreds,if not thousands of Cases in the Courts,as they failed to pay Gratuity and Pensions to their Staff that laid the golden eggs!
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:45am On Dec 26, 2023
delpee:

They were invited. They didn't show up. Now they've been asked to report to their office to present their case on the 28th of December according to the news. Hope they'll be there to straighten the records.
which means the report was inconclusive. He ought not have concluded when he is yet to get the right information from those in involved . That is a shabby work. The other day, Tunde Lemo was in Channel TV giving details on how they acquired Union bank and he claimed that neither him nor Titan bank Directors where invited for questioning.
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by Odidigboigbo(m): 10:46am On Dec 26, 2023
erniok:

The right question is: where are all these invitations coming from since Obaze has submitted his report to the president.
The case is already messed up. Bet me, nothing will come out of it.
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by AK481(m): 11:10am On Dec 26, 2023
erniok:

You wrote the gibberish not me. Where is the vendetta or you just throw up words you don't even understand.

Little wonder your country is one of the corruption headquarters of the world because it has citizens that reason like you do.

You have been sleeping over emefiele unfounded charges .

Where is the judgement of the dane gun found in his possession that made dss to take him to court.

OK, I see you don't understand where this is case is driving at. I forgive your ignorance
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by FreeStuffsNG: 12:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
yinkus6750:
So many underground deals in the banking sector.
Ill gotten wealth been used to acquire banks.
The FG should get to the root of the matter and do the needful.
EmefiOLE really messed up the banking sector.
Anyone caught and confirmed to be guilty in this case is just ignorant and greedy. There's absolutely no way you can buy a publicly quoted political bank like Union Bank in this age and time that the source of the funds will not be traced and meticulously scrutinised. That Emefiele didn't do the right thing doesn't mean someone will not come in the future to do so.

This is the same thing with building demolition, some built on bribes without appropriate approvals, today a Wahab is turning every file and fixing the errors others created. Those who think there's no law in Nigeria must be the dumbest people in the world! Even those you think are above the law are far more scared than you! Doing case with govt is not beans o.

I really pray that Lemo is not guilty of these serious offences. It will be heartbreaking for many if such a 1st Class brain and mind Foursquare Pastor end up in jail for financial crimes. Ha!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by drnoel: 12:47pm On Dec 26, 2023
ObaKlaz:
Wake me up when they at least bring Diezani to justice ⚖️.
Before April 2024, we'd forget there ever was an investigator or investigation. The dust would settle and it would be back to business as usual.
Useless 'cruise' country!

Diezani is over and done. She is gone. Nothing Nigeria can do to her anymore
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by ObaKlaz: 12:54pm On Dec 26, 2023
drnoel:

Diezani is over and done. She is gone. Nothing Nigeria can do to her anymore
My thoughts exactly. The same is going to play out with Emefiele.
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by Forumobserver12(m): 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2023
123papas:
But Standard Trust took over UBA

What's the financial capacity of Titan Bank, a bank that has only two branches in Lagos suddenly acquires Union Bank, is that not questionable to you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by Blacklion3: 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
Forumobserver12:

What's the financial capacity of Titan Bank, a bank that has only two branches in Lagos suddenly acquires Union Bank, is that not questionable to you?
Haahah anything is possible in Nigeria
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by Blacklion3: 1:17pm On Dec 26, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I really pray that Lemo is not guilty of these serious offences. It will be heartbreaking for many if such a 1st Class brain and mind end up in jail for financial crimes. Ha!

No one is a Saint.
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by erniok(m): 1:54pm On Dec 26, 2023
AK481:

You have been sleeping over emefiele unfounded charges .

Where is the judgement of the dane gun found in his possession that made dss to take him to court.

OK, I see you don't understand where this is case is driving at. I forgive your ignorance

Nice try at shorting the post. We are now talking about dane guns instead of a supposed case of fraud right. Continue defending nonsense.
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by AK481(m): 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2023
erniok:

Nice try at shorting the post. We are now talking about dane guns instead of a supposed case of fraud right. Continue defending nonsense.

Go and read before you engage in a public discourse
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by Yoighaman(m): 2:22pm On Dec 26, 2023
yinkus6750:

There is no honour among thieves, birds of the same feathers; let's watch how the drama eventually unfolds. One day for the 'thief', another day for the owner; table turns, and another day for the 'owner', one day for the 'thief'.
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by Kilometres: 2:51pm On Dec 26, 2023
Odidigboigbo:
How did Jim Obazee arrived at his conclusion when those involved where not questioned before now? This is how they keep messing up sensitive case like this.

He knows the working of CBN. Google him... he is a expert in financial investigation.

Moreover, the current CBN will equip him with necessary docu and tools.

You don't expect the people he is investigating to provide the right details

2 Likes

Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by phemray(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2023
yinkus6750:

Interesting, it's true that only champion fit checkmate learner on the job. I love this.
I just can imagine how emefele became CBN governor?? This guy was a guy man when he was at zenith. So how come he was appointed and Buhari re-appointed him. To come and do what?? Abi no be Mr Goodwin?? I said it then but since buhari no dey ask his appointee questions on how far, then this is the result. He works only at zenith so where is the experience??

1 Like

Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by tayo770: 3:48pm On Dec 26, 2023
All this epistle no consign me, make I no hear say something happen to my tinini change wey dey union bank oooo or blood go flow.... corruption everywhere!!!All this epistle no consign me, make I no hear say something happen to my tinini change wey dey union bank oooo or blood go flow.... corruption everywhere!!!...
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by DonFreshmoney(m): 4:20pm On Dec 26, 2023
Bizibi:
they won't listen....bankers are not fit for that position only grounded economists with experience can head that sensitive position.

Soludo and sanusi are perfect examples then the woman that stabilize Russia economy and currency is an economist. I see Bankers are business people.......

Sanusi is a banker.. he came from first Bank
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by DaddyJapan(m): 4:33pm On Dec 26, 2023
AK481:

When chilimited was sold to coca cola International in huge financial trasaction, the money was invested immediately with other shareholders funds to acquire union bank , TGI is a very big multinational company but FG want to chase it away like GSK and PG,Sanofi etc.

Wasn't it Winston Churchill who once said "a lie gets half way around the world before the truth gets a chance to put its pants on"?. grin

GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), is the latest firm to announce closure of its operations in locally.

The company has operated a manufacturing facility in Kenya for nearly 60 years and will now rely on distributors to supply its products to the regional markets.

GSK has attributed its exit to low sales and a shift in focus to its more profitable prescription drugs and vaccines business.
Source: https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/kenya/2023-12-15-glaxo-joins-exodus-as-multinationals-scale-down-operations-in-kenya/

Oluwafemi Olaleye, head of health banking at FSDH Merchant Bank, said Sanofi’s decision was not due to the recent naira devaluation as many companies had planned to exit as far back as three years ago.

For instance, GSK, a British multinational pharmaceutical and biotechnology company, already had a third-party manufacturing deal with Fidson as far back as 2020 which was only consummated in practice last year.
Source: https://www.thecable.ng/sanofi-makers-of-polio-vaccines-to-cease-operations-in-nigeria-next-year

1 Like

Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by drlateef: 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2023
vanbonattel:
All these happened under the nose of Mr. Integrity and he wasn't even aware of it.

Only a clone can perform that badly grin

You mean Jubril El Sudani was a clone afterall? Only IPOB with half brain stolen will believe that. 😂😂
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by AK481(m): 5:21pm On Dec 26, 2023
DaddyJapan:

Wasn't it Winston Churchill who once said "a lie gets half way around the world before the truth gets a chance to put its pants on"?. grin

Source: https://www.the-star.co.ke/business/kenya/2023-12-15-glaxo-joins-exodus-as-multinationals-scale-down-operations-in-kenya/

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/sanofi-makers-of-polio-vaccines-to-cease-operations-in-nigeria-next-year

If you are a thinker and an analyst , why are they leaving in less than 6 months of this government?

Who is responsible for creating an enabling environment with purchasing power of the populace so business can thrive ? Me ?
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by BigIyanga: 5:38pm On Dec 26, 2023
When we warned them that GMB was incompetent, tribalistic and fanatical
-they called us wailers and tribalistic in 2015 . Their Oba threatened to drown people.. because his kinsman was made VP and his other kinsman BAT was the financier and beneficiary of power sharing agreements.. he had nominated most of his cronies to serve in GMB’s government.

In 2019, we warned them about the corruption, nepotism, sectarianism, terrorism and banditry…
They called us bitter wailers and tribalist.

In 2023, they went ahead and still voted for BAT who promised to continue with GMB policies… now they’re crying that same GMB destroyed Naija.. lol. Btw, PBAT has retained most of the people who worked with GMB to destroy Naija😂😂🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by DaddyJapan(m): 7:58pm On Dec 26, 2023
AK481:

If you are a thinker and an analyst , why are they leaving in less than 6 months of this government?

Who is responsible for creating an enabling environment with purchasing power of the populace so business can thrive ? Me ?

I don't come to Nairaland to seek validation of my thinking abilities.

When I post, it is often to counter any misreading of the tea leaves. cool
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by adekolaelect(m): 8:22pm On Dec 26, 2023
ObaKlaz:
Wake me up when they at least bring Diezani to justice ⚖️.
Before April 2024, we'd forget there ever was an investigator or investigation. The dust would settle and it would be back to business as usual.
Useless 'cruise' country!
And useless commenter who has nothing good to say about Nigeria than negativity.
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by ObaKlaz: 10:13pm On Dec 26, 2023
adekolaelect:
And useless commenter who has nothing good to say about Nigeria than negativity.
Bye!👋👋
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by OgaRico(m): 12:15am On Dec 27, 2023
Happy birthday to you and no vex, next year them go send.

coputa:
Nairaland didn't send me happy birthday wishes today.today was my day too.happy birthday
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by OgaRico(m): 12:16am On Dec 27, 2023
Amen and thanks a lot.

ufuosman:
Live long and prosper
Happy birthday 🎉🎂🎊

1 Like

Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by BALLOSKI: 2:17pm On Dec 28, 2023
Godfullsam:
All the new banks that sprang up in the last 3/4 years till date should be thoroughly investigated.

Those banks were acquired by CBN officials with ill gotten wealth by proxy.

I sincerely hope the investigator will be allowed to beam his search light in the direction of those managing NNPC. After he is done with Emiefele, Kyari should be next.

A lot of corruption in the oil sectors too.
Emefiele owns Globus Bank too.

I was wondering how a bank of 3 years acquired that of over 100 years.
Re: CBN Investigator Summons Tunde Lemo, Others Over Union Bank Deal by KingAzubuike(f): 8:00pm On Jan 04
Forumobserver12:

Titan trust bank is a subsidiary of TGI group. It is possible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Benue Lawmaker Slumps And Dies During Exercise / President Goodluck Jonathan’s Alleged Forged Doctorate Certificate Surfaces / Buhari To Halt Importation Of Food Soon – Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.