Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,879 members, 7,828,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen (632 Views)

Alleged Forfeiture Of Property Shows EFCC’s Desperation — Kogi Government / Abba Kyari’s Relationship With Hushpuppi: EFCC, Police Refuse To Respond / Saraki In Secret Deal With Babangida, DSS, EFCC, Police – Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by SharingIsLife(m): 6:39am On Dec 26, 2023
Is this a movie or is it real? Fellow Nairalanders, please help to check:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0xN93aMaTE?si=-uLXrVhHn_1h1G6C

They even switched off the generator after the guy suffered to get fuel because there was no electricity.

According to the video description,

In this video, some EFCC operatives and a police officer are seen breaking into the private residence of a Nigerian citizen. They scaled the perimeter fence, broke the gate and switched off the generator.

When the Nigerian citizen came out to see what went wrong with the generator, the invaders held him like a common criminal, slapped him, kicked him all over, and smashed his laptop on his head. Then, they forced him to transfer the sum of One Million Naira (₦1,000,000) into a bank account.

Some soldiers came in and wanted to know what happened but the EFCC officials said the man broke his own laptop to hide his crime. They did all these without presenting any search or arrest warrant.

In a fuller version of the video, we see that this video was recorded by a lady (probably the man's wife or girlfriend) from a top floor.

Is this what many Nigerians are going through unreported? If no one recorded the scene, this would have gone by unnoticed.

Nigeria has all sorts of economic problems. The citizens are going through hell. They can't find well-paid jobs at home. But when they try to work remotely according to the culture of the time, EFCC would brand them as internet fraudsters without due processes.

Until proved otherwise, the above scenario is what is depicted in this video. The question is: How can such an economy thrive where:

1. Citizens can't find good jobs at home and are not allowed to find jobs beyond the shores?
2. Innocent citizens are blatantly punished while criminals go scot-free and even ascend to top positions in the polity?

We posit that, if this is what EFCC is doing, then, they have outlived their usefulness. Therefore, we can as well #endEFCC too.

But, it's left for the true masters (ie. the masses) to decide. So, what do YOU have to say about this?
Nlfpmod
Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by money121(m): 6:40am On Dec 26, 2023
Imagine
Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by ObaKlaz: 6:46am On Dec 26, 2023
Skit/move scene. Camera crew did a good job, with shots from different angles. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by Isobug: 6:59am On Dec 26, 2023
I watched this on Facebook a month ago.....I was even thinking it was just a skit but the comments under the post said otherwise. This is so wrong. Thieves on Uniforms
Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by SharingIsLife(m): 7:12am On Dec 26, 2023
ObaKlaz:
Skit/move scene. Camera crew did a good job, with shots from different angles. grin grin
Can you make a skit with official EFCC uniform and branding? CCTV cameras can also get camera angles.
Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by ObaKlaz: 7:21am On Dec 26, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Can you make a skit with official EFCC uniform and branding? CCTV cameras can also get camera angles.
There's nothing CCTV about that footage, sir. One of the cameras was even following right behind them at some point (like when that ACTOR scaled the fence to break the lock, and when another ACTOR hid behind that black car. grin grin)

Also, there's nothing official about those gears they have on, just that they have EFCC inscribed on them - Na so EFCC get level?! Anyone can come up with gears like that.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by SharingIsLife(m): 7:46am On Dec 26, 2023
ObaKlaz:
There's nothing CCTV about that footage, sir. One of the cameras was even following right behind them at some point (like when that ACTOR scaled the fence to break the lock, and when another ACTOR hid behind that black car. grin grin)

Also, there's nothing official about those gears they have on, just that they have EFCC inscribed on them - Na so EFCC get level?! Anyone can come up with gears like that.
So someone can use EFCC name in a movie that depicts EFCC in a bad light?
Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by DesChyko: 7:55am On Dec 26, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Sure. Nothing about movies is real; it's just an act. It is to be assumed that all characters are fictitious.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by Simdyofficial(f): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2023
Skit tongue
Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by ObaKlaz: 8:05am On Dec 26, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Is that totally impossible! Sir, I'm just doing some few forensics here. Who recorded the footage? Whoever did must have been so invisible to be in such proximity as those ACTORS that they couldn't see him.
The footage gave them away. Too stable to be real stuff. Please don't even bring up CCTV. I've seen and analysed plenty CCTV footage enough to know that this isn't one of such!

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by SharingIsLife(m): 8:15am On Dec 26, 2023
ObaKlaz:
Is that totally impossible! Sir, I'm just doing some few forensics here. Who recorded the footage? Whoever did must have been so invisible to be in such proximity as those ACTORS that they couldn't see him.
The footage gave them away. Too stable to be real stuff. Please don't even bring up CCTV. I've seen and analysed plenty CCTV footage enough to know that this isn't one of such!
Ok, let's listen to more voices... Like this...
Isobug:
I watched this on Facebook a month ago.....I was even thinking it was just a skit but the comments under the post said otherwise. This is so wrong. Thieves on Uniforms
I still have reasons to doubt that this is a skit. Many times, we have opportunity to change a bad situation but we fail to as a result of negligence.

2 Likes

Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by ObaKlaz: 8:22am On Dec 26, 2023
SharingIsLife:

Ok, let's listen to more voices... Like this...

I still have reasons to doubt that this is a skit. Many times, we have opportunity to change a bad situation but we fail to as a result of negligence.
OK. I've given reasons why this nothing but a skit or movie scene. You wanna enlighten me on why it's not? With logical proofs.

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by ruggedtimi(m): 8:30am On Dec 26, 2023
ObaKlaz:
you dey talk longthing ontop skit
Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by ObaKlaz: 8:46am On Dec 26, 2023
ruggedtimi:
you dey talk longthing ontop skit
Baba, no be my fault - some men here don dey talk say the thing legit. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Video Footage Shows Efcc/police Operatives Manhandling And Extorting A Citizen by APOPTOSIS: 10:24am On Dec 26, 2023
They should try such in the South East...

(1) (Reply)

Supreme Court Reverses Gov Yusuf’s Sack See Why / UK Economy Enters Recession / Soyinka Blast Yoruba Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.