Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,636 members, 7,820,231 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Staying Faithful And Fruitful - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Staying Faithful And Fruitful (70 Views)

Staying In God's Rest In or out of trouble / Who Is Jesus? - Jesus Is The Faithful And Trustworthy Witness / WICC Ushers In God's Love And Fruitful Season, Celebrates Members. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Staying Faithful And Fruitful by topshore(f): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2023
Scripture Text: Mathew 25: 14-23

The Bible verse for today talks about how to stay true to God and be productive for him. In this Bible parable of Jesus Christ, the master gave three slaves talents based on how well they could use them. While he was away on a journey, the master expected them to be faithful and productive with their talents. But when the master got back from his trip and asked the three slaves to report on how they spent the talents he had given each of them, only two of them were honest and productive. The third servant hid his one talent and yelled at his boss that he wanted to get rich when he hadn't worked hard for it. The master praised the slaves who were both loyal and productive, but he punished the one who wasn't, and that's when he found out that the unproductive servant wasn't even loyal to him from the start.

Jesus' story tells us very clearly that, as God's servants or children, we should not only be faithful but also bear fruit. It's impossible to stress enough how important it is to be productive and receive God's reward. Being faithful and productive just means that we are living a good life in Christ Jesus.

So many good things come from being good that it's easy to tell who really believes in Christ. Proverbs 21:21 says that righteousness leads to life and honour; Proverbs 2:8b says that it leads to divine protection; James 5:16 says that it leads to more answers to prayers; Proverbs 11:6 says that it leads to great deliverance; Proverbs 13:21 says it leads to prosperity; and Proverbs 2:7 says it leads to success. God judges our progress and success by how faithful and fruitful we are.

We become more successful with God the more we stay true to him and do good things for him. Being faithful means being devoted and true to the Lord, following his rules, and not giving up. Faithful servants always put God first and show how dedicated they are by believing and following Him their whole lives. How generous a good person is is also a sign of how successful they are.

We need to be faithful, but we also need to let God work in our lives by being fruitful. The Bible talks about at least three types of fruit that God wants us to grow:

Galatians 5:22–25 says that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, fruitfulness, humility, and self-control. This can also be called the fruit of Christian character. This fruit should be at the centre of our lives. Having good character leads to good behaviour.

If we consistently show good character, we will also consistently show good behaviour and conduct, which is the second fruit God wants us to bear.

The fruit of converts is the third. This is simply winning souls for Christ. The job that God has given us is to bring people into His kingdom. (Proverbs 11:30) He wants us to take as many people as we can to heaven.

Are you staying faithful? If so, are you bearing fruit too? Let's look at the benefits for those who are faithful and productive and those who aren't.

— Matthew 25:23
The third servant, however, had merely hidden his talent, burying it in the ground, and was punished by his master:

Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art a hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him, that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Becoming a good child of God means showing the Lord that we are devoted to Him and that we can carry out His instructions through the Holy Spirit. Only then can we enter the rest of the Lord's kingdom. This shows us God's real success and all the good things He has in store for those who are good. In the powerful name of Jesus, I pray that the Lord will help us.

Congratulations!!!

If you want to give your life to Christ, say this short prayer: "Lord Jesus Christ, I come to You now. Come into my life, take charge of it, and change it." I'm leaving the devil behind. The Kingdom of Light is now open to me. "Thank you, Jesus. In your name, I pray, amen."

Peace!

Ref: MFM Mountain Top Life Daily Devotional Vol. 8, 2023- Dr. D.K Olukoya

(1) (Reply)

Beautiful Morning Prayer For Today / Discipling Others..... / The Amazing Benefits You Can Get Through Your Redemptive Gifts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.