Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants (720 Views)

Six Habits That Prove A Person Was Born In A Poor Family / The Reality Of The First Born In Every Nigerian Family / Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ronaldo723: 7:32pm On Dec 26, 2023
First of all I would start this post about myself I’m 21 the second child of my parent, I moved out from my parents house on the 21st of July 2022… I have been catering for my self and to be frank in todays Nigeria life isn’t rosy for me at all…

I moved out from my dads house cuz he was a narcissist always talking down on me and comparing me to my younger sister who gained admission in 2021always telling me that I’m visionless and has no plan for my life he is a man I never wish to live with again….

Now to the issue on why I opened this thread sometimes I yearn for a change of environment like going to visit my parents and spend sometime with them but I just can’t my mom is married to another man who she stays with and my dad is nothing to write about he is poor can barely take care of my younger ones that stays with him…… my younger sister in the university is even the one that feeds him sometimes…and he doesn’t even care on how she is getting to money to feed him she gives him money to buy clothes cus he literally has none to wear … the last time I saw him he was wearing a faded shirt he looked like a pauper I felt so ashamed…

When we saw he was telling me I’m so selfish that I don’t send him money I only think about my self and this is a goddam man that swore never to buy me even a pair of clothes while I was living with him he made my life living hell I had to run to my moms place then…… when he was saying all this I told him i don’t really have money that’s the reason I haven’t been able to send him he said why won’t I have money that people that does the same work with me are making it big what’s happening to me.. then I told him me and does people ain’t the same and God would bless me in my own time…

I have really developed a very strong dislike for my dad and I wish never to see him again… the conversation I had with my dad yesterday has made me realize how I’m left alone in this cold world and had no shoulder to lean on when I’m down I literally have no one to look up to in my family is so sad 😞

Do I need to see a therapist?
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Anny69: 7:35pm On Dec 26, 2023
No love at home. No wonder you act so miserable here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ronaldo723: 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2023
Anny69:
No love at home. No wonder you act so miserable here.

Please be respectful

I’m just here to rant out my anxieties

1 Like

Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by LikeAking: 7:52pm On Dec 26, 2023
Sorry!
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Zonefree(m): 8:13pm On Dec 26, 2023
my younger sister in the university is even the one that feeds him sometimes

she gives him money to buy clothes cus he literally has none to wear

God bless your sister abundantly. In her quest to make money in order to take care of family, may she never be harmed. May God always open doors for her. May she never lack.
AMEN!

3 Likes

Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by dominique(f): 8:35pm On Dec 26, 2023
Since they've not arrived, let me post on their behalf till they come.

Op how dare you talk about your father like that, you must be a bastard. No true son talks like this about his father who suffered and toiled day and night to get you to this stage. You're letting your mother turn you against your father. 10 years from now when you've started having your own kids, you will understand your father better. Till then, stop talking about your father on social media. Spits!

4 Likes

Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ronaldo723: 8:42pm On Dec 26, 2023
dominique:
Since they've not arrived, let me post on their behalf till they come.

Op how dare you talk about your father like that, you must be a bastard. No true son talks like this about his father who suffered and toiled day and night to get you to this stage. You're letting your mother turn you against your father. 10 years from now when you've started having your own kids, you will understand your father better. Till then, stop talking about your father on social media. Spits!

How did he toil day and night to get me to this stage? By being so toxic to me? I wish I was never born by that man that’s the truth and 10 years from now if I have my own kids I would strive to make them live a better life not the one my dad is making me live now and expecting me to give to him as young as I am I even yet to find my feet….. is so disheartening
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Foodqueen(f): 8:43pm On Dec 26, 2023
Av u reached out to your mom.

What was her response.

Before a therapist can heal you, u need to find a closure. Talk to your mom.
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by searchng4love: 8:44pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ronaldo723:
First of all I would start this post about myself I’m 21 the second child of my parent, I moved out from my parents house on the 21st of July 2022… I have been catering for my self and to be frank in todays Nigeria life isn’t rosy for me at all…

I moved out from my dads house cuz he was a narcissist always talking down on me and comparing me to my younger sister who gained admission in 2021always telling me that I’m visionless and has no plan for my life he is a man I never wish to live with again….

Now to the issue on why I opened this thread sometimes I yearn for a change of environment like going to visit my parents and spend sometime with them but I just can’t my mom is married to another man who she stays with and my dad is nothing to write about he is poor can barely take care of my younger ones that stays with him…… my younger sister in the university is even the one that feeds him sometimes…and he doesn’t even care on how she is getting to money to feed him she gives him money to buy clothes cus he literally has none to wear … the last time I saw him he was wearing a faded shirt he looked like a pauper I felt so ashamed…

When we saw he was telling me I’m so selfish that I don’t send him money I only think about my self and this is a goddam man that swore never to buy me even a pair of clothes while I was living with him he made my life living hell I had to run to my moms place then…… when he was saying all this I told him i don’t really have money that’s the reason I haven’t been able to send him he said why won’t I have money that people that does the same work with me are making it big what’s happening to me.. then I told him me and does people ain’t the same and God would bless me in my own time…

I have really developed a very strong dislike for my dad and I wish never to see him again… the conversation I had with my dad yesterday has made me realize how I’m left alone in this cold world and had no shoulder to lean on when I’m down I literally have no one to look up to in my family is so sad 😞

One you need to give your life to God.
Two you need to forgive your father not because he's deserving but because of your own mental health.
Three you need to make it....get focused.
Four send him money as your strength can bear....no go do pass yourself.

Five. You must stop discussing your father.
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ronaldo723: 8:45pm On Dec 26, 2023
Foodqueen:
Av u reached out to your mom.

What was her response.

Before a therapist can heal you, u need to find a closure. Talk to your mom.
I have talked to her yeah she is the only shoulder I think I can lean on even if is fragile
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ronaldo723: 8:49pm On Dec 26, 2023
searchng4love:

One you need to give your life to God.
Two you need to forgive your father not because he's deserving but because of your own mental health.
Three you need to make it....get focused.
Four send him money as your strength can bear....no go do pass yourself.

Five. You must stop discussing your father.

I don’t discuss my dad with anyone im just frustrated at the moment that’s why im ranting cuz it has just dawned on me how alone I am in this world some guys do have parents they can go home to when the storm becomes too strong for them but sadly I don’t. I couldn’t even visit my home for Christmas that’s how lonely I am and is affecting my mental health when I think of this…..
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by RepoMan007: 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2023
Well, still thank God for what you have. There is zero level of love in life and then there is minus 100% level of love or active hatred.

At least he didn't oppose you with witchcraft powers from what I can see.
They didn't kidnap your spirit and start afflicting your soul, body and spirit.
They are not transforming to the remote location you relocated to, just to monitor your misery further and mock you with scriptures via SMS every few weeks.
They didn't predict your final stature from tender age and it came to pass.
They didn't nickname you a devil.
They don't reduce your food ration among over half a dozen other children.
They don't take you valuables to mediums to browse your life.
They don't gather you to beat. They don't lock their freezer against you to prevent access to food. They don't afflict you by looking at what you are eating. They don't transform in day time.

Better thank God for where you are and pick yourself up.

1 Like

Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Nicepoker(m): 8:51pm On Dec 26, 2023
Op for one to be successful. Always have someone to blame whenever you fail. I blame your mother. She left your guys to ride another horse. She is the architect of your misfortune.
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ronaldo723: 8:53pm On Dec 26, 2023
Nicepoker:
Op for one to be successful. Always have someone to blame whenever you fail. I blame your mother. She left your guys to ride another horse. She is the architect of your misfortune.

Shut up your mouth if you have nothing to say you know nothing about my mom so keep quiet

2 Likes

Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Nicepoker(m): 8:59pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ronaldo723:

Shut up your mouth if you have nothing to say you know nothing about my mom so keep quiet
Keep blaming your father then.
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ronaldo723: 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2023
Nicepoker:
Keep blaming your father then.

Learn to shut up you don’t know the back story of how they divorced,,,,don’t just assume nonsense

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Nicepoker(m): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ronaldo723:

Learn to shut up you don’t know the back story of how they divorced,,,,don’t just assume nonsense

Thank you
learn to handle challenges. Dont be a weakling.
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by dominique(f): 9:29pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ronaldo723:

How did he toil day and night to get me to this stage? By being so toxic to me? I wish I was never born by that man that’s the truth and 10 years from now if I have my own kids I would strive to make them live a better life not the one my dad is making me live now and expecting me to give to him as young as I am I even yet to find my feet….. is so disheartening

I was posting on behalf of Nairaland Alfa mails who never want negatives about Father's to be revealed. It's more convenient to blame the mother or accuse her of turning th children against the father. I can see one of them have already arrived. Fathers are never wrong, even if they are you must keep it to yourself till you enter the grave. Na their style be that.
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by searchng4love: 9:34pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ronaldo723:

I don’t discuss my dad with anyone im just frustrated at the moment that’s why im ranting cuz it has just dawned on me how alone I am in this world some guys do have parents they can go home to when the storm becomes too strong for them but sadly I don’t. I couldn’t even visit my home for Christmas that’s how lonely I am and is affecting my mental health when I think of this…..
You're sounding weak
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by searchng4love: 9:35pm On Dec 26, 2023
Ronaldo723:

I have talked to her yeah she is the only shoulder I think I can lean on even if is fragile
Nonsense talk ....why did she leave you guys for another man? Did she born the saviour in her new marriage?

1 Like

Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ynix(m): 1:14am On Dec 27, 2023
Ronaldo723:

Chat me up on 08089456258 I will love to help you
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ishilove: 5:00am On Dec 27, 2023
RepoMan007:
Well, still thank God for what you have. There is zero level of love in life and then there is minus 100% level of love or active hatred.

At least he didn't oppose you with witchcraft powers from what I can see.
They didn't kidnap your spirit and start afflicting your soul, body and spirit.
They are not transforming to the remote location you relocated to, just to monitor your misery further and mock you with scriptures via SMS every few weeks.
They didn't predict your final stature from tender age and it came to pass.
They didn't nickname you a devil.
They don't reduce your food ration among over half a dozen other children.
They don't take you valuables to mediums to browse your life.
They don't gather you to beat. They don't lock their freezer against you to prevent access to food. They don't afflict you by looking at what you are eating. They don't transform in day time.

Better thank God for where you are and pick yourself up.
Omo, na wa o. Some families put the 'M' in messed up...
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Ishilove: 5:02am On Dec 27, 2023
See those ones already blaming mother without even knowing the background of the OPs story. Those ones are the ones who need therapy, not the OP.
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by Stevenbright(m): 5:30am On Dec 27, 2023
Ronaldo723:

Forgive him and show some genuine concern and care towards him and your young ones with the little you can extend to them.

This is because nature has a way of blessing the more those who are a source of blessing to others.

Also, forgiving him will lift that heaviness or pain off your heart and fill it with peace of mind which in most cases improves ones productivity and attracts success.
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by UnfairLife7(m): 6:26am On Dec 27, 2023
searchng4love:

Nonsense talk ....why did she leave you guys for another man? Did she born the saviour in her new marriage?
if you're responsible as a man, your wife will not leave you. vice versa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by searchng4love: 6:33am On Dec 27, 2023
UnfairLife7:
if you're responsible as a man, your wife will not leave you. vice versa
Hahaha you live in a Wonderland
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by UnfairLife7(m): 6:40am On Dec 27, 2023
searchng4love:

Hahaha you live in a Wonderland
no woman will abandon a responsible man No man will abandon a responsible woman

take this to the bank
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by searchng4love: 6:44am On Dec 27, 2023
UnfairLife7:
no woman will abandon a responsible man No man will abandon a responsible woman

take this to the bank
I hope your balloon doesn't get bursted.... Hahaha you're hilarious

Your moniker says life is unfair.
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by UnfairLife7(m): 6:44am On Dec 27, 2023
Nicepoker:
you don't blame the father who's being fed by her daughter who's a student?
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by searchng4love: 6:45am On Dec 27, 2023
UnfairLife7:
you don't blame the father who's being fed by her daughter who's a student?

This is another tale entirely
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by UnfairLife7(m): 6:45am On Dec 27, 2023
searchng4love:

I hope your balloon doesn't get bursted.... Hahaha you're hilarious

Your moniker says life is unfair.
Did your father leave your mother? Did your mother leave your father?

there's no smoke without fire
Re: Being born in a dysfunctional household…. Rants by UnfairLife7(m): 6:47am On Dec 27, 2023
searchng4love:

This is another tale entirely
A man being fed by his daughter who's still a student without a genuine source of income

The father is obviously a failure and irresponsible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are You A First Born? Do This Spiritual Prayer . / Biblical Wisdom For The Family / Half And Step Brother(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.