Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria (21589 Views)

Ogun State Has The Highest Number Of Universities In Nigeria / The 8 Northern States /south east has highest Number Of Universities / 7 Best Art Courses With High Employment Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2023
luminouz:

Lmaooo..and you think you are the only state with students in Top US schools?

God!!! You guys chestbeat too much. Just calm down.

Why are you triggered
We are not
I know lots of Yorubas here

Mostly Igbos and Yorubas
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 10:33pm On Dec 27, 2023
uvie66:
.,...eh how what will use the statistics to do in Nigeria, will reduce the depreciation the t naira or improve security in your state

Who is planning to work in Nigeria... πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Even if I will work in Nigeria I will join politics
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by luminouz(m): 10:47pm On Dec 27, 2023
SpatialKing:

Why are you triggered
We are not
I know lots of Yorubas here

Mostly Igbos and Yorubas
Of course I'm not. I'm just calling you out when you made it seem like only imo state guys are brilliant or dominate abroad.

I also know you offline. But you don't know me!!! Life is like that, ain't it?
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2023
luminouz:

Boss....the people of that state read a lot. Not that other states are not catching up sha

Abeg.
Dem no read reach imo and Anambra

1 Like

Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by SpatialKing(m): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2023
luminouz:

Of course I'm not. I'm just calling you out when you made it seem like only imo state guys are brilliant or dominate abroad.

I also know you offline. But you don't know me!!! Life is like that, ain't it?

You are the one looking in that perspective..
Which is not really healthy

I only made the statement because I'm from Imo state and the post is about Imo state just support the post..

Moreover, my state being the state with Highest literacy in Nigeria is something to be proud of, because I am a living testimony..

Proudly Nwa Imo

1 Like

Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by kelly72: 12:10am On Dec 28, 2023
bigiyaro:
And also one of the lost difficult place to do business.

Have you tried to do business in China, India?
You'll find those places very difficult to do business because the people are business themselves. That's how it is here too.
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by Dshocker(m): 3:22am On Dec 28, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Not an All-time stat but just for 2023

Thats fine

When u check it out on the graph, you'd see that this flunctuates across all states in diff years

Was "all time" written on the report? 🎀
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:35am On Dec 28, 2023
Lanre1979:
Yorubas are still the leading ethnic group with respect to level of literacy in Nigeria.

Not true
Igbo
Anambra is second
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by luminouz(m): 3:46am On Dec 28, 2023
SpatialKing:

You are the one looking in that perspective..
Which is not really healthy

I only made the statement because I'm from Imo state and the post is about Imo state just support the post..

Moreover, my state being the state with Highest literacy in Nigeria is something to be proud of, because I am a living testimony..

Proudly Nwa Imo

I said what I said. Bye
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by luminouz(m): 3:47am On Dec 28, 2023
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Abeg.
Dem no read reach imo and Anambra
K
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by chickenfoot: 4:49am On Dec 28, 2023
Wow, nice. This is really good to know.
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by babajero(m): 7:16am On Dec 28, 2023
EmperorCaesar:
Not an All-time stat but just for 2023

Thats fine

When u check it out on the graph, you'd see that this flunctuates across all states in diff years
And it has been rotating among Eastern states.
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by AnyanwuSilas: 5:08pm On Dec 28, 2023
YourKarma:

PhD isn't a measure of literacy. If it was, the basics for contesting for presidency in Nigeria won't be a WAEC degree, will it?

Even my late grandma spoke English. I'm sure you've never met an Igbo man who wasn't, at least, able to speak the English language but during my stay in Ogun Waterside, I was shocked to meet people who couldn't speak a word in English.

I don't even want to talk about the people in the north, they're on a whole different level
My grand mother in Imo state didn't understand English at all, not even pidgin english, but she was not an illiterate, she could read and write in Igbo very well, she read & write Igbo better than all her children and grand children. She mastered it because she had no business with English. She died in 2006. My point is that some people can read and write with their native languages. I have met Abokis who could read and write in Arabic but not in English.
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by NICOGRAVITY: 7:54pm On Jan 03
The truth is that this same people went through civil war, that disrupted status quo, killed many and have bounced back and done things unimaginable.

You're actually agreeing with me that they are extremely industrious and and hardworking peolle no matter where they find themselves.
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by NICOGRAVITY: 7:54pm On Jan 03
uvie66:
.... they have great minds, agreed, how has this transformed the fortunes of the state ?

The truth is that this same people went through civil war, that disrupted status quo, killed many and have bounced back and done things unimaginable.

You're actually agreeing with me that they are extremely industrious and and hardworking peolle no matter where they find themselves.
Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by NICOGRAVITY: 7:55pm On Jan 03
Venom11:

But Paradox to governance just wondering how come?

Re: Imo State Has Highest Literacy Rate In Nigeria by Venom11(m): 7:46pm On Jan 05
NICOGRAVITY:

"these people" are also my people, I don't know what meant in the first paragraph we may have different pieces of history anyway

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ASUU Demands ₦1 Trillion From FG To Suspend Ongoing Strike / UNIMAID Guidelines For Admission Screening Exercise For 2016/2017 Session / School’s Protocol, Poor Facilities Kill Uniben 300-level Student (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.