Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

Best Way To Neutralise Scams - The Escrow Option - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Best Way To Neutralise Scams - The Escrow Option (119 Views)

Bitcoin Era Evaluation: Legit Or Scams Trading Robot? / Identifying Scams Online And Avoiding Them / What's The Best Way You Ever Dealt With A Debtor Who Refused To Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Way To Neutralise Scams - The Escrow Option by Ekitibiased(m): 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2023
In this ever-increasing era of digital engagement and numerous online sales with E-Commerce, Many people are still held back from negative experiences of previous discouraging encounters. Trust issues also clearly exist and in current times and of course a good number of individuals have reasons to be pessimistic no doubts.

Recently I needed to purchase $420 at black market rates in Surulere, Lagos. My initial point of contact did not have the expected sum in total, so i had to move a little distant further to purchase the needed amount but then being a first encounter for such amount of US dollar, the BDC took me to the POS operator nearby and was clear that he had to take that option as it was my first time dealing with him. He went further to explain that he was duped of $10,000 with fake transfer - it was shocking to hear that.

On my own part, the dollars I was to purchase was not mine but actually for a candidate I tutored for several months for an international exam. Registration for the Exam via this process was quite unfamiliar to me but then I really had to get involved. I made a transfer of #370,000 with a further charge of #2, 500 to the POS operator, got the dollar and later on the BDC received his money from the POS operator.
Afterwards i made the deposit into my dollar card and made the payment online.

Please note that the owner of the money.....total sum is someone i have never met in person. To be honest, this was not new to me no doubt. This is something i started years back being an international student.

It's the role of an Escrow - based on trust and integrity. I would love to do this more often, there is more value in a service than in a product sale.
I am a medical professional - Trust is embedded in my profession all year round.

Compliments of the season

Moderators - Please help others with this crucial information

Re: Best Way To Neutralise Scams - The Escrow Option by Ekitibiased(m): 10:13pm On Dec 27, 2023
more

Re: Best Way To Neutralise Scams - The Escrow Option by Ekitibiased(m): 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2023
more++

(1) (Reply)

The Best Calendar 2024 Design In Nigeria / How Much can one Acquire Used 1.5 Ton LGP Gas Tank And Dispenser In Nigeria / Business Idea For 2024: Elevate Your Ecommerce Game! �

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.