Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,556 members, 7,812,779 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

Game Dev - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Game Dev (499 Views)

Game Dev : Pixel Art Gallery / Don't Joke With These Math Topics If You Want To Be A Successful Game Dev / I Need A Dev For Small Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Game Dev by DyingFetus: 4:53am On Dec 28, 2023
A single video game that turned Poland from an Eastern European shithole into a Central European tiger.

When will Nigeria have a functioning game dev team that doesn't sucks

Nigeria has a lot of mad story lines that will forking made big bucks

Re: Game Dev by DyingFetus: 5:02am On Dec 28, 2023
Dorisebuba54r:
Hftu

Beep boop
Re: Game Dev by Domaining101: 8:25am On Dec 28, 2023
DyingFetus:
A single video game that turned Poland from an Eastern European shithole into a Central European tiger.

Na you go sponsor the budget abi? See your mouth like "functioning game dev team that doesn't suck" grin Like say na water them take dey build better game. most triple A games run into the hundreds of millions of dollars in terms of cost of development, where you wan see that kind money for Nigeria to develop game? who go give you? Money wey pass some states yearly allocation grin And even if that kind of budget was available, it would be a total disaster to develop a game where the majority of the people who should be your main customers are living in multi dimensional poverty. Nigerians never see food chop, na game them way come dey play grin people that you'd hardly see them pay for any form of premium subscription for any software. Me I've vowed that anytime i have money to begin a start up, i would go and establish abroad first for many years, then maybe move my operational hq to Nigeria after the company has become a global household name, just to help this country... Because starting any form of tech company in Nigeria for Nigerians is a disaster waiting to happen, ask jumia, lazer pay others grin

3 Likes

Re: Game Dev by DyingFetus: 8:50am On Dec 28, 2023
Domaining101:
Na you go sponsor the budget abi? See your mouth like "functioning game dev team that doesn't suck" grin Like say na water them take dey build better game. most triple A games run into the hundreds of millions of dollars in terms of cost of development, where you wan see that kind money for Nigeria to develop game? who go give you? Money wey pass some states yearly allocation grin And even if that kind of budget was available, it would be a total disaster to develop a game where the majority of the people who should be your main customers are living in multi dimensional poverty. Nigerians never see food chop, na game them way come dey play grin people that you'd hardly see them pay for any form of premium subscription for any software. Me I've vowed that anytime i have money to begin a start up, i would go and establish abroad first for many years, then maybe move my operational hq to Nigeria after the company has become a global household name, just to help this country... Because starting any form of tech company in Nigeria for Nigerians is a disaster waiting to happen, ask jumia, lazer pay others grin

Kek

Most games started with a single individual before becoming huge eg Minecraft, Roller coaster tycoon etc.

The dude that made naijia whot and ludo is making forking dough
Re: Game Dev by Domaining101: 9:32am On Dec 28, 2023
DyingFetus:

Kek

Most games started with a single individual before becoming huge eg Minecraft, Roller coaster tycoon etc.

dey play my fans grin
Re: Game Dev by Alphabyte2: 10:40am On Dec 28, 2023
DyingFetus:

Nigeria don't have GPU to render high quality HDR games . The cost of create such games is difficult unless u buy asset pack or your are a programmer and 3d animation designer. Game like this requires a team of 100+ developers and animators .
Re: Game Dev by DyingFetus: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2023
Alphabyte2:

Nigeria don't have GPU to render high quality HDR games . The cost of create such games is difficult unless u buy asset pack or your are a programmer and 3d animation designer. Game like this requires a team of 100+ developers and animators .

You can build games with a decent CPU

Duke nukem was built with a shitty PC , even Doom

When it comes to building games , there are two essential parts ; the game programming and the design

It mustn't be a GPU

I wish more Nigerians will get into other fields that's not Fintech
Re: Game Dev by Alphabyte2: 11:24am On Dec 28, 2023
DyingFetus:

You can build games with a decent CPU

Duke nukem was built with a shitty PC , even Doom

When it comes to building games , there are two essential parts ; the game programming and the design

It mustn't be a GPU

I wish more Nigerians will get into other fields that's not Fintech

True I was talking about high quality games. God of war and soccer games on playstation fps is higher u need a pc with good GPU. CPU can create good games but powerful games animation requires GPU.
Re: Game Dev by Alphabyte2: 11:28am On Dec 28, 2023
Fintech is lucrative than gaming business in Nigeria. I think we don't have enough game studios like electronic art and santa monica studio
Re: Game Dev by DyingFetus: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2023
Alphabyte2:

True I was talking about high quality games. God of war and soccer games on playstation fps is higher u need a pc with good GPU. CPU can create good games but powerful games animation requires GPU.

Building console games requires much more than PC games

Unreal engine doesn't require much and you can use it to build games like PUBG mobile
Re: Game Dev by LikeAking: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2023
DyingFetus:

Kek

Many secrets Nigerians don’t know..

We always look at the white from the top.

It’s a reason we can’t develop.

Imagine people thinking u need millions to start game dev..

We no well for this country.

When you tell dev to build Apps and publish online, they are all thinking about flutter wave and pay stack..
Re: Game Dev by Alphabyte2: 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2023
LikeAking:

When you tell dev to build Apps and publish online, they are all thinking about flutter wave and pay stack..

A good game studio like Ea and Santa Monica studio requires millions of dollars.
Animators
Programmers
Sound engineers
Mocap tools
Voice actors
Script writers etc

No secret it requires dedication and hard work by collaboration of teams.
Re: Game Dev by LikeAking: 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2023
Alphabyte2:

A good game studio like Ea and Santa Monica studio requires millions of dollars.
Animators
Programmers
Sound engineers
Mocap tools
Voice actors
Script writers etc

No secret it requires dedication and hard work by collaboration of teams.

I know..

But we must be encouraged to start small, even those guys started very small.

We have all the tools you listed, except mocap… Which I think is not very expensive..

Nigerians can afford everything listed there, we are just a bit wasteful with money.,

For eg, we prefer building mansions for bragging rights in our villages first, instead of investing wisely.
Re: Game Dev by Alphabyte2: 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2023
LikeAking:

I know..

But we must be encouraged to start small, even those guys started very small.

We have all the tools you listed, except mocap… Which I think is not very expensive..

Nigerians can afford everything listed there, we are just a bit wasteful with money.,

For eg, we prefer building mansions for bragging rights in our villages first, instead of investing wisely.

You can use generative AI if you are a indie game developer it could help improve productivity. I predicted before that games will be created by AI now unity and unreal with other game engine are working on it .
Re: Game Dev by DyingFetus: 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2023
LikeAking:

Nigerian programmers needs to come together and embrace their inner geekdom

Nigerian needs to develop their tech sphere not in Fintech

They should do other things like game dev, havking , networking

There are a lot of things to be done in the tech sphere especially in Nigeria

A lot of things that'll make a lot of money if you put the sweat and time
Re: Game Dev by Alphabyte2: 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2023
DyingFetus:

Nigerian programmers needs to come together and embrace their inner geekdom

Nigerian needs to develop their tech sphere not in Fintech

They should do other things like game dev, havking , networking

There are a lot of things to be done in the tech sphere especially in Nigeria

A lot of things that'll make a lot of money if you put the sweat and time

We need a revolution of programmers that are are not only after money but creativity and innovation. We could build games with African culture. The game will generate billions of dollars if marketed right and target different platform.
Re: Game Dev by tollyboy5(m): 4:39am On Dec 29, 2023
Alphabyte2:

We need a revolution of programmers that are are not only after money but creativity and innovation. We could build games with African culture. The game will generate billions of dollars if marketed right and target different platform.
I am thinking of creating a web gambling game. Yes i am thinking of money not passion this time. Planning on using threeJs
Re: Game Dev by Alphabyte2: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2023
tollyboy5:

I am thinking of creating a web gambling game. Yes i am thinking of money not passion this time. Planning on using threeJs

You can integrate multiple HTML5 play to earn games in like ngawin using react .
Re: Game Dev by danielclerkson(m): 1:50am On Jan 13
But imagine a game about Sango or Ogun as MCs
Re: Game Dev by Alphabyte2: 11:57am On Jan 13
danielclerkson:
But imagine a game about Sango or Ogun as MCs

The title suites it is rage of the black gods . It won't be hard creating such games but it will take years of development.
Re: Game Dev by danielclerkson(m): 7:01pm On Jan 13
Alphabyte2:

The title suites it is rage of the black gods . It won't be hard creating such games but it will take years of development.
But the problem is that even after development, Nigerians would rather play western games than patronise their own culture
Re: Game Dev by DyingFetus: 7:47pm On Jan 14
Re: Game Dev by stankelz: 10:59pm On Jan 14
tollyboy5:

I'm interested- if it's something you'll need another hand. I work with Threejs and R3f.

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Android Development Trends & How They Impact Your Digitization / Which Is The Best IT Online Courses Website In The USA? / How To Remove Background Image Without Photoshop For Your Website Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.