Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity (3862 Views)

Gov Soludo Signs Mou With AFREXIM Bank, Others To Develop Anambra (Photos) / Soludo Signs MOU With EEDC For 24/7 Power Supply In Anambra State / Soludo Signs ₦‎260 Billion 2023 Budget Of Acceleration Into Law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by Charming1(m): 8:13am On Dec 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wXss5zdAkg

Governor Chukwuma Charles Soludo, CFR, of Anambra State has officially signed the 2024 Appropriation Bill into law, totalling N410,132,225,272, one month after it was presented before the state House of Assembly.

The budget is themed "Changing Gears: The Transformation Agenda Begins" is aimed at beginning the transformation agenda and implementing a new master plan to change Anambra into a liveable and prosperous homeland.

The signing ceremony which took place at the Governor’s residence was witnessed by several dignitaries, including Deputy Governor, Dr. Onyekachukwu Ibezim, Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Somtochukwu Udeze, Chief of Staff to the Governor, Mr. Ernest Ezeajughi, Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget, Mrs Chiamaka Nnake, House Committee Chairman on Finance and Appropriation, Hon Ejike Okechukwu, among others.

During the signing, Governor Soludo emphasized his administration’s commitment to implementing the budget, using the five pillars of development agenda, with a major focus on infrastructure and human capital development.

The Governor highlighted the necessity of addressing socio-economic needs by investing in vital projects like the three new cities including the Awka 2.0, Onitsha 2.0, among others.

Governor Soludo expressed his gratitude to all stakeholders involved in the process, including members of the Executive Council, civil society organizations, non-governmental organizations, and the general public for their valuable input.

He specifically commended the Anambra State House of Assembly for their swift and diligent work in reviewing and approving the budget.

"This year, we set a record. A draft budget was sent to the House of Assembly early last month, and today, it's been passed into law. This speed and efficiency demonstrates the commitment of both the executive and legislative arms of government to moving Anambra forward," Governor Soludo stated.

While assuring of working for ndị Anambra according to the stipulated timeline in his manifesto, Governor Soludo added that armed with the budget, the real transformation will begin across Anambra from January.

The Governor also signed into law, the bill that repealed the Anambra State Publishing, Newspaper Printing Corporation.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by IduNaOba: 8:21am On Dec 28, 2023
Dude is doing well, I been no like am before hit now I do.

11 Likes

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by Coldspice: 9:04am On Dec 28, 2023
410Billion. That's huge.
Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by Coldspice: 9:04am On Dec 28, 2023
Wackiddo:
Will it be used rediciously?.

Bro, na night school you go?

20 Likes

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by ProudNigerian01: 9:05am On Dec 28, 2023
All patriotic citizens must join hands to make this work for the good of all.

I am a proud Nigerian.

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by Habbyyng: 9:07am On Dec 28, 2023
Not bad
Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by oshiokpu(m): 9:07am On Dec 28, 2023
How is Anambra budget less than Enugu’s Budget?
I used to think Anambra is the most economically viable state in the East

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by ArinzeAnthony03: 9:08am On Dec 28, 2023
I like this soludo of a man, he is really trying...but he need to do more to beat Peter Obi in governance as promised if not...I trust Anambra people...

11 Likes

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:13am On Dec 28, 2023
Proudly Anambra.Light of the Nation

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by StoneLucifer: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2023
Soludo, we are yet to see your handwork in Anambra state. You condemned Peter Obi's achievements as former governor, so let us see the magic wand you claim to have Mr Professor.

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by Tjra: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2023
oshiokpu:
I'm surprised too

1 Like

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by sexyking1: 9:15am On Dec 28, 2023
oshiokpu:
Of course it is, but every state has a particular budget for particular time. And soludo as economist will me more meticulous than his counterparts.

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by christejames(m): 9:16am On Dec 28, 2023
Good one!

More development to Ala-Igbo!

Ndi Igbo buru aku unu lota!

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by Kobicove(m): 9:17am On Dec 28, 2023
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Proudly Anambra.Light of the Nation

grin
Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by Kobicove(m): 9:18am On Dec 28, 2023
oshiokpu:

Anambra is still the mist economically viable state in the south east but it's possible for the budget of another state in the region to be higher than its own

4 Likes

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by SoNature(m): 9:23am On Dec 28, 2023
I just wasted my time reading this text. In writing, it's called fluff! No wonder it didn't come from a recognised media house.

How much goes to capital and how much goes to recurrent?

How does he intend to raise that whopping sum?

1 Like

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by Kingpele(m): 9:26am On Dec 28, 2023
Kudos to Soludo please follow the budget accordingly....the problem of every single budget in his country since 1999 is not to make budget available but diligent compliance to the details of the budget....

1 Like

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by free2ryhme: 9:30am On Dec 28, 2023
[quote author=Charming1 post=127658423][/quote]

open season for budget signing

😑
Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by Openyamind111(m): 9:31am On Dec 28, 2023
Prof. Charles Chuckwuma Soludo.. My favorite..

1 Like

Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by oshiokpu(m): 9:40am On Dec 28, 2023
Kobicove:

Anambra is still the mist economically viable state in the south east but it's possible for the budget of another state in the region to be higher than its own

This doesn’t make sense to me.
Please explain how this can be.
Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by paix(m): 9:49am On Dec 28, 2023
Wow, when will he present the budget for 2024?
Re: Soludo Signs ₦‎410 Billion 2023 Budget, Assures More Work Intensity by wiseoneking: 10:03am On Dec 28, 2023
oshiokpu:
They are actually far more advanced than Enugu which is not questionable in any way. That said, the size of a state budget is not commiserate to economic viability of a state. Most northern states budget are generally larger than that of the Eastern States but they are never economically better

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does the U.S. Use 'Globalization' to Cheat Poor Countries Like Nigeria? / Photos: Governor Fashola Collects His PVC at Polling Unit Today / PHOTO-Rejected By Buhari: Tony Elumelu Shines Internationally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.