Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

Can I Get A Job Without This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Get A Job Without This? (387 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Get A Job Without This? by HelloWhatsup: 12:06pm On Dec 28, 2023
Hi
Can I get a job without my B.Sc cert? I have a 3rd class degree in banking and finance so out of annoyance with my poor result I haven't collected the cert yet.
I've been working as a salesman since graduation but the business owner has sold the business and traveled abroad . Now am about to start job hunting but am scared of what to say when I eventually land a job and am asked about my cert.
Also,can i get an M.sc with such class of degree?
Re: Can I Get A Job Without This? by Ynix(m): 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2023
HelloWhatsup:
Hi
Can I get a job without my B.Sc cert? I have a 3rd class degree in banking and finance so out of annoyance with my poor result I haven't collected the cert yet.
I've been working as a salesman since graduation but the business owner has sold the business and traveled abroad . Now am about to start job hunting but am scared of what to say when I eventually land a job and am asked about my cert.

No, you have to go and do PGD.

My one kobo, go and look for job in an FMCG COMPANY OR REAL ESTATE Company that focus more on land banking and estate development, then you can get PGD via NOUN
Re: Can I Get A Job Without This? by HelloWhatsup: 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ynix:

No, you have to go and do PGD.

My one kobo, go and look for job in an FMCG COMPANY OR REAL ESTATE Company that focus more on land banking and estate development, then you can get PGD via NOUN
Please how long does it take to complete a PGD in NOUN?
Re: Can I Get A Job Without This? by Ynix(m): 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2023
HelloWhatsup:
Please how long does it take to complete a PGD in NOUN?
Let's say 9 month to 1 year
Re: Can I Get A Job Without This? by HelloWhatsup: 12:38pm On Dec 28, 2023
Ynix:

Let's say 9 month to 1 year
Thanks a lot.
Re: Can I Get A Job Without This? by Ance4Liverpool: 12:49pm On Dec 28, 2023
You can get even a federal job with 3rd class but it depends who is your God father.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Get A Job Without This? by TempUser: 8:04pm On Dec 28, 2023
cheesy grin even for posting this in the family section I don’t think you can get any job anywhere lol
Re: Can I Get A Job Without This? by Dimaya: 7:07am On Dec 29, 2023
OP,

Nobody cares about certificates anymore. Nobody.

All it tells me is that you can probably read and write, but it is no predictor of job performance.

I'd advice you to take out time to review this video below till the end.

Towards the middle, the crew speak about getting a job despite having terrible grades and the strategies people have used to secure new jobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GHXkCsJ2fc

Try to make it to the end of the initial 5 minute intro and you'll find something useful. You can thank me later.
Re: Can I Get A Job Without This? by Jahzara: 6:56am On Jan 07
HelloWhatsup:
Hi

Where are you presently. I would have like to talk with you let me ask one or two questions but if you would like to talk to me DM me on WhatsApp.
Zero Eight Zero Six Four Five Five Three Five Six Five

(1) (Reply)

A Responsible Alcoholic Father / Fumigation / Who Should Be Richer And Who Should Carry Responsibilities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.