Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin (15010 Views)

Stop Interfering With Mohbad’s Death Probe, Police Warn Bloggers, Others / Naira Marley’s Statement On Mohbad’s Death: Four Talking Points / Police PRO Reacts To BNXN's Tweet About Spitting On Officer's Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by troytino: 7:33am On Dec 29, 2023
Mynd44:

Lets start with this.

The most equipped forensic lab in west Africa was built by Lagos state government. During the chaos of the I'll advised EndSARS riots/protests with this same Omolola Pero took part in, that lab was burnt.

What this has caused is that the autopsy has to ne done abroad with money the government have to source for and it will take time.

It is time we understand that our actions have consequencies

Just imagine what this one is writing... Just to absorb the govt of blames .. gosh!!!
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by BoldBrainz(m): 7:35am On Dec 29, 2023
Mynd44:

Lets start with this.

The most equipped forensic lab in west Africa was built by Lagos state government. During the chaos of the I'll advised EndSARS riots/protests with this same Omolola Pero took part in, that lab was burnt.

What this has caused is that the autopsy has to ne done abroad with money the government have to source for and it will take time.

Lol.

I only pity the nigerians who read nonsensical opinions like this and swallow them in totality. That you somehow found a way to bring the EndSars angle of argument into this discourse doesn't measure up to the ridiculous insinuation that the country possesses only one autopsy laboratory that's well-equipped for cases such as this.

There are a lot of hospital facilities in Nigeria, both public and private with coroner departments decently equipped enough for death inquests. Didn't the recent graceland school incident warrant an autopsy that provided swift results in the same Lagos? Where did you hear this asinine logic about autopsies being done abroad? Even the Police itself didn't come up with this kind of provocative explanation. But somehow, one Tunde on nairaland just had to offend our sensibilities with garbage analysis.

Oga, better behave yourself!

1 Like

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by FILEBE(m): 7:47am On Dec 29, 2023
Myer:

We should not be quick to trade blames. But it's important to know who is responsible for good or bad occurrences/happenings for accountability purpose especially.

As you've rightly said, ENDSARS protest started well and was an honorable protest that was a necessity. And it was peaceful for the first few days. It actually achieved it's purpose of calling out the government for bad governance and putting an end to the excesses of SARS. Buhari and his cabinet actually responded, addressed and met the demands of the protest.
ENDSARS was decommissioned and they promised to meet the other demands which some were short term and others were long term.

But the youths did not disperse but continued in the protest until it was hijacked by the IPOB mercenaries who saw an opportunity to execute their own agenda of destroying Nigeria and especially Lagos state.

The consequences of which as Mynd44 rightly pointed out, was the burnt down Lagos State autopsy centre which has delayed Mohbad's investigation and apparently countless others.

Every action and inaction has consequences. And the heroes and villains must be Praised and blamed respectively.

For all the cases you highlighted, should they not be blaned?
Should past government administratiins not be blamed for handing over a dilapidated country?
If Tinubu's administration performs well, should he not be Praised? And if he performs poorly agter his tenure, should he not be blamed?

What we should demand is that beyond the blame and praises, is their accountability?
Are people being recognised and rewarded for good performance?
And are people being punished/sanctioned for badpoor performance?
And is their reward or punishment commensurate with their performance?

You are right but i will disagree with the bolded statements.
Except we want to deceive ourselves. The vandalism was largely carried out by "yoruba" ask the people around oyingbo who burnt the brt busses . Same with Agege police station, same with the magistrate court, igbosere . Around my area I have seen these boys vandalise during the lockdown . During the time of the protest I had seen them hitting a streetlight at Ojuelegba while i drove by, they were yoruba.
Also the name calling is unnecessary, throwing shades at a particular tribe isn't okay . It has some tribalistic undertone .

@ the second bolded . We have burnt trading blames since independence.
Where has it gotten us? Of what use is the blame trading? If you have a lady that blames everyone for her misfortune, will you go ahead to marry her?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by jubrilELsudan: 7:49am On Dec 29, 2023
AS E BE SO DEM STILL DEY COOKAM OOOOO

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by GorillaApp(m): 7:51am On Dec 29, 2023
Homextras:
A simple google search of 'how long does an autopsy take' will reveal 4 hours to couple of weeks, and not three months. Three whole months. The boldness with which our authorities lie to the general populace is so brazen!
As a young man, do yourself a favor and get out of that sinking ship called Nigeria!
Sometimes I get baffled. Do this guys take us for f00ls?

1 Like

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by silibaba: 7:53am On Dec 29, 2023
BNXNBOY:
Many people use mobhad’s death to catch cruise.

Moral of the story.

Never live your life to please anyone. The only person you can please are your parents and sometimes blood siblings

The rest can get out

I will rather please God Almighty first before a

1 Like

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by tfelicityk(m): 8:00am On Dec 29, 2023
Good work from the police...
There's still good officers among the NPF who actually ready to serve this Nation willingly.
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by Mentcee(m): 8:07am On Dec 29, 2023
Mynd44:

Lets start with this.

It's extremely dangerous to retain you as mod on Nairaland considering your very twisted /bigoted/blighted point of view.

You see how you managed to steer away from the issue and twist the narrative to indict an innocent person over a nonexistent laboratory?

Guy leave ooo, we go all answer due our deeds hereafter.

2 Likes

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by Shollez(m): 8:10am On Dec 29, 2023
Wisereborn:
I only pity those expecting tangible thing out of all these undecided

The poor guy complained about bullying and maltreatment while he was alive and you did nothing

Is it in death that you will do something

Autopsy now takes forever
undecided smh
I wonder ooo, When he was still alive. They did nothing

Mtcheeeeew

2 Likes

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by sonofsteven: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2023
[quote author=Mynd44 post=127674179]
Lets start with this.

The most equipped forensic lab in west Africa was built by Lagos state government.... I wonder how yall came up with this survey
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by mukthar2000(m): 8:49am On Dec 29, 2023
Sopee o tilooo,. Otilooooooo

Fear who no fear Nigeria Police,
The result was already out according to the police ogaa, but trying to delayed the announcement to calm youths action.

Make then shaaa release him body for bevite burial.

1 Like

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by NinjaMetahuman: 8:54am On Dec 29, 2023
FILEBE:

We don't see them blaming Eminem or Beyonce for the movement. Every protest could either go two ways, peaceful or violent.

The endsars protest didn't become violent till the lekki toll gate thing
lmao

So who do you think are they blaming? Average Joe on the street? and not those who encourage the protest and failed to say anything when the looting started?

You think when they throw blame, they be like oh it's Omar across the street responsible for the BLM that looted the entire neighborhood and not the leaders of BLM and celebrities that encouraged it?

Lmao once again.

BLM became violent when they killed George Floyd, what's your point?

1 Like

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by toxtimmy: 8:57am On Dec 29, 2023
So all the might teaching hospitals are n lay s and Nigeria cannot t do what they are taking overseas?... How did manage type this comments that has no breeze or keg to stand on?.... So it is endsars movement why Buhari and Tinubu and thie cohorts go overseas for their health matters while you go chemist shop for yours?

Mynd44:

Lets start with this.

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by NinjaMetahuman: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2023
toxtimmy:
So all the might teaching hospitals are n lay s and Nigeria cannot t do what they are taking overseas?... How did manage type this comments that has no breeze or keg to stand on?.... So it is endsars movement why Buhari and Tinubu and thie cohorts go overseas for their health matters while you go chemist shop for yours?

You think any hospitals can do forensics grin
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by Segzy19: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2023
Expect nothing tangible from the Nigerian police...

1 Like

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by Eldani89: 9:17am On Dec 29, 2023
Blackfire:
What have we ever gotten right in this country

You saw how long it took to get 2pac's killer in a clear murder case? The way we talk about our country sometimes marvels me.
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by toxtimmy: 9:25am On Dec 29, 2023
Let me ask you a simple question, why not? If Nigeria that have lots of medical schools cannot do these then let's all start going to native doctor for everything health related

Post mortem or autopsy is part of the workflow for unknown or questionable death..

Anyways, whatever Nigeria is going ng through Nigeria deserves it as the people want and enjoy it.... Giant of nothing in africa

NinjaMetahuman:

You think any hospitals can do forensics grin

1 Like

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by emorse(m): 9:29am On Dec 29, 2023
Mynd44:

Lets start with this.

Inasmuch as the ensuing violent acts during the endsars protests are completely condemnable, they are not very relevant in this case. The Dowen college boy died after endsars yet his autopsy and toxicology reports didn't take this long. Mind you, his toxicology was also done abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by NinjaMetahuman: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2023
toxtimmy:
Let me ask you a simple question, why not? If Nigeria that have lots of medical schools cannot do these then let's all start going to native doctor for everything health related

Post mortem or autopsy is part of the workflow for unknown or questionable death..

Anyways, whatever Nigeria is going ng through Nigeria deserves it as the people want and enjoy it.... Giant of nothing in africa

forensic is more advanced than just general autopsy that determines the cause of death.

It's not something you can just establish and throw some SLT student to man it. Its a course on its own.
It's an advance science that there are only 1200 forensic labs in the world for 8billion people and few forensic scientists despite the huge amount of unsolved crimes in the world.

Google more why forensic lab is a big deal and why it's not everywhere in every hospital all over the world including the first world countries.

By the way this is not to excuse the failure of the government but when you have something good, you can't have ignorant miscreants burning them in the name of protests.
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by Myer(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2023
FILEBE:

You are right but i will disagree with the bolded statements.
Except we want to deceive ourselves. The vandalism was largely carried out by "yoruba" ask the people around oyingbo who burnt the brt busses . Same with Agege police station, same with the magistrate court, igbosere . Around my area I have seen these boys vandalise during the lockdown . During the time of the protest I had seen them hitting a streetlight at Ojuelegba while i drove by, they were yoruba.
Also the name calling is unnecessary, throwing shades at a particular tribe isn't okay . It has some tribalistic undertone .

@ the second bolded . We have burnt trading blames since independence.
Where has it gotten us? Of what use is the blame trading? If you have a lady that blames everyone for her misfortune, will you go ahead to marry her?
There was a leaked recording of incitement by POB to wreak havoc in Lagos and Rivers states. You didn't get that?

Trading blames is counter-productive when accountability is not in place. If that is your point, then you're right.
Accountability is the most important thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by udemzyudex(m): 10:10am On Dec 29, 2023
Mynd44:

Lets start with this.

He also took part in burning the lap? And when did protest become a crime in this country?
As far as I'm concern the burning down and looting of shops during the protest was cause by the government, sending political thugs and soldiers to kill unarmed civilians which you know but want to agend.

Una go just dey wake up type nonsense.
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by BluntCrazeMan: 10:32am On Dec 29, 2023
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Why-report-on-Mohbads-death-probe-not-out-Police
They earlier said that the report was ready, and that they would present it during the time of presenting the final investigation report.

Now, they are blaming the same pathologists again for the delay.
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by femi4: 10:45am On Dec 29, 2023
Blackfire:
What have we ever gotten right in this country
Very useless people...no explanation is tenable
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by femi4: 10:48am On Dec 29, 2023
Mynd44:

Lets start with this.

This excuse doesn't hold water.

Autopsy isn't a rocket science....why are we waiting for the result like the concluding part of June 12 election
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by linearity: 11:57am On Dec 29, 2023
fasho01:
Hope the delay in getting the autopsy result from the pathologists isn't indicative of foul play cos if the autopsy has since been done, why hasn't the result been given to the police to continue investigation undecided

Which continue the investigation?

Police is saying they need the pathologist report in order to conclude the investigation, you are saying to continue.

What the Police PR is basically saying is that, they got nothing!

The report is just going to tell you how he died and the chemicals he was injected with, all that information is already in the public domain and the person that be prosecuted will be the Nurse who injected him.

Every other thing around his death and people calling other people’s names are mere noise.
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by FILEBE(m): 12:17pm On Dec 29, 2023
Myer:

There was a leaked recording of incitement by POB to wreak havoc in Lagos and Rivers states. You didn't get that?

Trading blames is counter-productive when accountability is not in place. If that is your point, then you're right.
Accountability is the most important thing.

Leaked recording? There was also a leaked recording of boko haram infiltrating lagos. .

If blames would fix a country. Nigeria would be the best country in the world
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by toxtimmy: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2023
I think we are saying the same thing... There is a workflow... Before you open bank account you must have id... Before you board a plane you must have a ticket.... Before any higher degree of any forensic next steps, you must have a post mortem or autopsy.... Were there bruises on his body or any indication of brute force, what about toxicology report, this are basics that does not need overseas anything, so in this country we don't have a machine that you can draw blood sample and the machine breaks down everything for you in terms of components in the blood?.

I guess I have to start up a business of this type in Nigeria.

NinjaMetahuman:
forensic is more advanced than just general autopsy that determines the cause of death.

It's not something you can just establish and throw some SLT student to man it. Its a course on its own.
It's an advance science that there are only 1200 forensic labs in the world for 8billion people and few forensic scientists despite the huge amount of unsolved crimes in the world.

Google more why forensic lab is a big deal and why it's not everywhere in every hospital all over the world including the first world countries.

By the way this is not to excuse the failure of the government but when you have something good, you can't have ignorant miscreants burning them in the name of protests.
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by NinjaMetahuman: 1:22pm On Dec 29, 2023
toxtimmy:
I think we are saying the same thing... There is a workflow... Before you open bank account you must have id... Before you board a plane you must have a ticket.... Before any higher degree of any forensic next steps, you must have a post mortem or autopsy.... Were there bruises on his body or any indication of brute force, what about toxicology report, this are basics that does not need overseas anything, so in this country we don't have a machine that you can draw blood sample and the machine breaks down everything for you in terms of components in the blood?.

I guess I have to start up a business of this type in Nigeria.

Are we saying the same thing though?

My own points are: 1, not every hospital can have forensic lab because it's not a money making venture. Most forensic labs are run by government/police because private investors don't have incentives to build it everywhere like normal hospitals. Also, building a standard and a well maintained forensic lab is super expensive. That's why it's not many all over the world even in the first world countries we tend to compare ourselves to.

2, The ignorant illiterate who burnt such critical infrastructure out of whatever reasons should be treated as terrorists.
Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by FILEBE(m): 1:45pm On Dec 29, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
lmao

So who do you think are they blaming? Average Joe on the street? and not those who encourage the protest and failed to say anything when the looting started?

You think when they throw blame, they be like oh it's Omar across the street responsible for the BLM that looted the entire neighborhood and not the leaders of BLM and celebrities that encouraged it?

Lmao once again.

BLM became violent when they killed George Floyd, what's your point?

At the attached. You could see how it's being said . Yes, looting occurred and all but did you see them blaming the movement itself?

I had said earlier. Protest could either go two ways: peaceful or violently. BLM largely started with George Floyd and became a looting spree along the line. The instigators of this Movement were not accused for the spree. They knew it was a Movement hijacked

Re: Why Report On Mohbad’s Death Probe Isn't Out Yet – Police PRO, Benjamin Hundeyin by Myer(m): 1:49pm On Dec 29, 2023
FILEBE:

Leaked recording? There was also a leaked recording of boko haram infiltrating lagos. .

If blames would fix a country. Nigeria would be the best country in the world
What makes you think either was untrue?
At the end of the day, it's our prerogative to do with information whatever we please especially in a country where it isn't regulated.

Point is, some persons whether IPOB or others hijacked the protest and it exploded into a wild fire that cascaded burnt autopsy centre.

You have to agree by now that people should be blamed and held accountable when they err.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sam Loco, Dead Or Alive / Omot With Michael Bolton / Sharon Ezeamaka: Nollywood Child Actor (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.