Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Killings On The Plateau: The Shame Of A Nation BY ETIM ETIM - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Killings On The Plateau: The Shame Of A Nation BY ETIM ETIM (645 Views)

As Buhari Returns To Abuja For Femi Adesina's Book Launch By Etim Etim / CNN Interview: It’s Now Tinubu’s Turn By Etim Etim / Who Is Afraid Of Prof Yemi Osinbajo? By ETIM ETIM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Killings On The Plateau: The Shame Of A Nation BY ETIM ETIM by Fujiyama: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:
There was a post i made some months back on how to markedly improve security in Nigeria! This was when it began to dawn on even the most naive and trusting of Tinubu otimpkus that he was going to be as ineffective as his immediate predecessor!

What needs to be done isn’t rocket science! All it is is for Nigerians to ask themselves hard questions for a change and begin to implement all the recommendations that have been proffered over the years! Doing this will decentralise the structure of governance in Nigeria by handing resource control, policing and many other sectors back to the regions! The sub-units have to be regional and not the current proliferation of states that were created just to serve the interests of greedy and visionless local politicians!

^^^
There was a fellow on here years ago who posted extensively in favour of this country returning to the parliamentary system. His arguments were very persuasive - he pointed out that the presidential system is simply too expensive for a 3rd world country like Nigeria. I was sold on the idea. Pity I can't remember the poster's name now.

1 Like

Re: Killings On The Plateau: The Shame Of A Nation BY ETIM ETIM by Kukutenla: 11:31pm On Dec 29, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
It is a pity. IBB has a lot to answer for.

I was in Jos/Plateau for a project several years ago when things were really, really hot. I was at Terminus and Congorussia? for a while and the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. To raise the stakes even higher, Pauline Tallen? (or one of her candidates) was contesting in an election at the time and I was caught up right in the middle of it - in the centre of town. Several people died that evening.

Excellent climate - only Adamawa has similar in the whole country. A real shame what Plateau has turned into...and no end in sight.
Plateau is just another sad example that the British experiment is not working

1 Like

Re: Killings On The Plateau: The Shame Of A Nation BY ETIM ETIM by ahaz: 1:06am On Dec 30, 2023
nedu666:
If people in Plateau pick arms the same Nigeria army will suddenly become active against them
It is sad that Nigerians are yet to understand the true nature of the Fulanis..This are strangers that harbour no iota of love for Nigeria..There educated folks misgovern the country, loot with impunity, loot without any iota of love for the country cos their alligence is else where,( ask Buhari)..There common folks constitute nuscance and kill with reckless abandoned and their rich will protect them and the circle goes on.
Ty Danjuma warned us but we took his warming with a pinch of salt, Kanu warned us, we dismissed his warnings cos he is coming from a tribe that Nigerians are united at hating.
One tribe has virtually killed every citizen from every tribe in this country for years now a d no single one as in one has faced justice..Instead of us to ask questions, we are busy hating on the tribe that is voicing vocally against this set of demons from the sahel.

It is only the Igbos and I repeat only the Igbos that understand their language and respond in like manner whenever they mess up..It is only in Ebonhi state where the Fulanis willingly ran awsy and how did it happen, simple, the Ebonhi people marched them force for force, blood for blood..The Ebonhi people never waited for the government to do their fighting for them rather counter attacked each time the terrorist did attack..They even went as far going on the Offensive in most cases, multiple attack fashion, which most were not reported in the media..Men, Fulanis were butchered in that state, coupled with the coming if ESN that did the final push and they ran away with their trailers back to hel where they came from.
Today, go to Ebonhi, you hardly here them messing up as many lga outlawed Fulanis till date.
The same.happened at Orlu, with the help of ESN, they were flushed, they called in their backers the army and the battled ensued that's when you heard about the genesis of the Orlu trouble that is still lingering till date is because of the Fulanis, but go their till date, no FULANI presence is there.

Another example is in Nassarawa state, a village called Eggon, during the Jonathan, era, when Almakura was the governor and.labaran Many the information monster, I witnesses the trouble first hand cos I was working in that area then, the Eggon massacred the Fulanis to the long that, they have to invite the Police and the dss, which more than 50 of them were killed then that shocked the nation then, the actual fact was that, those security personal died fighting for the Fulanis cos the people consulted their village Oracle and unleased their jazz on them...Till date, Eggon had peace, this is the first place the Fulanis were delalt a very heavy blow that they will never forget in a hurry.
Many don't know that Fulanis are cowards, they only act when you appear defenceless and can not fight a battle of equals, when you resist them strongly, they will flee from you but if you continue to cry, pray and hoping on the useless police and co.promised military,my dear, una go bury tire cos FULANI no dey tire to dey kill cowards.
Re: Killings On The Plateau: The Shame Of A Nation BY ETIM ETIM by Prigidypogodo(f): 5:46am On Dec 30, 2023
angry
Re: Killings On The Plateau: The Shame Of A Nation BY ETIM ETIM by Splashme: 8:18am On Dec 30, 2023
Terrible
Re: Killings On The Plateau: The Shame Of A Nation BY ETIM ETIM by Nchenches: 12:32pm On Dec 31, 2023
ahaz:

It is sad that Nigerians are yet to understand the true nature of the Fulanis..This are strangers that harbour no iota of love for Nigeria..There educated folks misgovern the country, loot with impunity, loot without any iota of love for the country cos their alligence is else where,( ask Buhari)..There common folks constitute nuscance and kill with reckless abandoned and their rich will protect them and the circle goes on.
Ty Danjuma warned us but we took his warming with a pinch of salt, Kanu warned us, we dismissed his warnings cos he is coming from a tribe that Nigerians are united at hating.
One tribe has virtually killed every citizen from every tribe in this country for years now a d no single one as in one has faced justice..Instead of us to ask questions, we are busy hating on the tribe that is voicing vocally against this set of demons from the sahel.

It is only the Igbos and I repeat only the Igbos that understand their language and respond in like manner whenever they mess up..It is only in Ebonhi state where the Fulanis willingly ran awsy and how did it happen, simple, the Ebonhi people marched them force for force, blood for blood..The Ebonhi people never waited for the government to do their fighting for them rather counter attacked each time the terrorist did attack..They even went as far going on the Offensive in most cases, multiple attack fashion, which most were not reported in the media..Men, Fulanis were butchered in that state, coupled with the coming if ESN that did the final push and they ran away with their trailers back to hel where they came from.
Today, go to Ebonhi, you hardly here them messing up as many lga outlawed Fulanis till date.

The same.happened at Orlu, with the help of ESN, they were flushed, they called in their backers the army and the battled ensued that's when you heard about the genesis of the Orlu trouble that is still lingering till date is because of the Fulanis, but go their till date, no FULANI presence is there.

Another example is in Nassarawa state, a village called Eggon, during the Jonathan, era, when Almakura was the governor and.labaran Many the information monster, I witnesses the trouble first hand cos I was working in that area then, the Eggon massacred the Fulanis to the long that, they have to invite the Police and the dss, which more than 50 of them were killed then that shocked the nation then, the actual fact was that, those security personal died fighting for the Fulanis cos the people consulted their village Oracle and unleased their jazz on them...Till date, Eggon had peace, this is the first place the Fulanis were delalt a very heavy blow that they will never forget in a hurry.
Many don't know that Fulanis are cowards, they only act when you appear defenceless and can not fight a battle of equals, when you resist them strongly, they will flee from you but if you continue to cry, pray and hoping on the useless police and co.promised military,my dear, una go bury tire cos FULANI no dey tire to dey kill cowards.

Bolded above.

It was Hope Uzodinma who was the genesis of the Orlu crisis immediately after he became governor of Imo state. He is revenging what he believed was wrong done to him in the past by some people and politicians in Orlu local government area.

Fulani herdsmen and ESN did not start the crisis in Orlu.
Else, why has the crisis not stopped after 4 years?
Why did Uzodinma government refuse to do any drvelopment in Orlu?
Why did Uzodinma refuse to reconstruct the township roads in Orlu?
Why did Uzodinma close government institutions in Orlu and relocate the institutions elsewhere?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Members Blame El-Rufai For Tinubu’s Failure In Governance / Anambra Man Lambasted Peter OBI For Donating Borehole To The North / Which Naija Newpaper Website Has Best Support For Mobile Browing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.