Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,300 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? (405 Views)

How Can I Change My Date Of Birth On International Passport / NCAA Extends Ban On International Flights Till October / Ethiopian Vs Egyptair Vs Rwandair On International Route? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? by Claviman: 8:08am On Dec 30, 2023
A client of mine paid for express. As an agent, I took the information he provided to my plug in NIS.

Upon submission, my client called me and said the DOB in his NIN was wrong that we should hold on till he fixes it.

This happened on a weekend. I tried reaching out to the plug, but he was unreachable.

Monday morning, my client called, furiously ranting that he has gotten a successful enrolment text.

The man used the wrong DOB to process the passport.

Now, I have asked him how I will go about the editing, no response yet.
And my client is to use the passport for his travel purposes, come January.

Any suggestions please.
Re: How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? by AlphaNugget(m): 9:36am On Dec 30, 2023
He shoul use the DOB that way, when he wants to renew his passport he will change it.....but if he is planning on reducing his age, then I don't think I have any say in that because his passport has been processed already.

He should find a way or swear an affidavit to state that the date of birth in his passport is wrong.
He should go ahead with the correction in NIN.
Re: How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? by Claviman: 10:57am On Dec 30, 2023
AlphaNugget:
He shoul use the DOB that way, when he wants to renew his passport he will change it.....but if he is planning on reducing his age, then I don't think I have any say in that because his passport has been processed already.

He should find a way or swear an affidavit to state that the date of birth in his passport photograph is wrong.
He should go ahead with the correction in NIN.

Thanks for your input.

He is travelling via study route.
So the DOB in his passport is different from the one on his credentials.

This is to say, the DOB on NIN is incorrect. And that was what was used.

If we edit the NIN, How do we edit the one on passport?
Re: How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? by AlphaNugget(m): 11:13am On Dec 30, 2023
Claviman:

Thanks for your input.

Is the DOB in his credentials same with what is in his international passport?

Ok, let me get you, the date of birth in his credentials is different from the one in his NIN, then he wanted to correct the one in the NIN to tally with what is in his credentials, but due to lack of communication the wrong DOB was then used in his passport undecided
I will advice you go along with the correction f DOB in his NIN, then if you want to submit/use the passport you will attach an affidavit stating that the DOB in his international passport was wrongly captured as blah blah blah instead of blah blah blah which is in his NIN and academic credentials.

because changing it in the passport might likely waste time, but you can ask your immigration officer for better suggestion wink
Re: How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? by Claviman: 11:40am On Dec 30, 2023
[sup][/sup]
AlphaNugget:

Is the DOB in his credentials same with what is in his international passport?

Ok, let me get you, the date of birth in his credentials is different from the one in his NIN, then he wanted to correct the one in the NIN to tally with what is in his credentials, but due to lack of communication the wrong DOB was then used in his passport undecided
I will advice you go along with the correction f DOB in his NIN, then if you want to submit/use the passport you will attach an affidavit stating that the DOB in his international passport was wrongly captured as blah blah blah instead of blah blah blah which is in his NIN and academic credentials.

because changing it in the passport might likely waste time, but you can ask your immigration officer for better suggestion wink
Thank you
Re: How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? by Zihno: 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2023
Claviman:

Thanks for your input.

Passport uses age on NIN. Typically, they should have corrected the age on the NIN before applying for renewal. Your NIN is linked to your passport nowadays.
Re: How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? by domipreeque(f): 10:14pm On Dec 30, 2023
Crime never pays.
Serves him right.
Re: How Do I Edit Information On International Passport? by Claviman: 10:03am On Jan 01
domipreeque:
Crime never pays.
Serves him right.
Crime from where?

(1) (Reply)

Benue Gov Set To Sack 200 Benue Links Staff Despite Owing Them For 9 Months / Lagos : Closure Of Marine Bridge/road In Apapa / 5 Reasons Why You Should Adventure With Your Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.