Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,149 members, 7,811,279 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? (261 Views)

5 Nigerian Billionaires Who Are From Super Rich Families / 2020 List Of Nigerian Billionaires Reveals Both Dangote/Adenuga are going down / Why Are These Nigerian Billionaires Not Known And Under The Spotlight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 10:20am On Dec 31, 2023
I am not an economist but I believe that if all Nigerian billionaires (athletes, clergy, and entertainers) give out 200m each to build roads, hospitals, and shelter. The country will move forward in no time.

Just me thinking out loud
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by dawnomike(m): 10:22am On Dec 31, 2023
DikSin:
I am not an economist but I believe that if all Nigerian billionaires (athletes, clergy, and entertainers) give out 200m each to build roads, hospitals, and shelter. The country will move forward in no time.

Cos that will unsettle the economy... Many of the poor will still end up been poor and the rice will end up richer.

Banks will give you the statistics

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by darocha1: 10:22am On Dec 31, 2023
E N T I T L E M E N T mentality from the POOR.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:23am On Dec 31, 2023
Good!

But the problem is that the level of patriotism is very very low like 1%

So it won't happen, they would rather go dump their funds in already advanced countries
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 10:24am On Dec 31, 2023
dawnomike:
Cos that will unsettle the economy... Many of the poor will still end up been poor and the rice will end up richer.

Banks will give you the statistics

Sorry, I am not talking about giving cash to individuals... I'm talking about infrastructures.

* Edit: topic modified *
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 10:29am On Dec 31, 2023
DikSin:

Sorry, I am not talking about giving cash to individuals... I'm talking about infrastructures.

Too much Emphasis on how to milk the heck out of country and not on what they can give to or do for the country to be better

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by Dilijingsly(m): 10:38am On Dec 31, 2023
DikSin:

poverty can end brah. You knw how the thing works, if poverty end, the world won't move ahead
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by Tinububalls: 10:55am On Dec 31, 2023
DikSin:

So what will the government be doing?
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by Ireportlive: 10:58am On Dec 31, 2023
Calculating total infrastructure deficit of Nigeria , Umahi puts it at 40 trillion Naira, with this figure we will have the best road and rail network, best housing and hospitals and fix Electricity

Now the problem with you idea is most Billionaires don't even have 1 billion in liquidity, what they have are assets worth their billions
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 11:08am On Dec 31, 2023
Tinububalls:

So what will the government be doing?

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 11:12am On Dec 31, 2023
Ireportlive:
Calculating total infrastructure deficit of Nigeria , Umahi puts it at 40 trillion Naira, with this figure we will have the best road and rail network, best housing and hospitals and fix Electricity

Now the problem with you idea is most Billionaires don't even have 1 billion in liquidity, what they have are assets worth their billions

Look, I'm not trying to put the whole problem of the country on the said billionaires, all I'm saying is they should assist by doing something meaningful for the poor citizens. Building a Plaza with 40% low renting will go a long way instead of throwing money in the air or picking out one individual/family for trends.

Low-cost shopping plazas will reduce the hazards attached to roadside trading and encourage a hustling spirit in our people
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 11:13am On Dec 31, 2023
Dilijingsly:
poverty can end brah. You knw how the thing works, if poverty end, the world won't move ahead
Na only you sabi weytin you type up there undecided
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by Tinububalls: 11:16am On Dec 31, 2023
DikSin:

So if I suffer finish come make am, I will use my hard earned money to build road for you while every election you collect 4 thousand naira for good roads, stable electricity, hospitals, security etc.
E no go better for you.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 11:24am On Dec 31, 2023
Tinububalls:

So if I suffer finish come make am, I will use my hard earned money to build road for you while every election you collect 4 thousand naira for good roads, stable electricity, hospitals, security etc.
E no go better for you.

Please take a back seat while the real billionaires contribute to the topic at hand.

It's people like you that I'm asking the billionaires to help but here you are attacking my efforts at minimising your suffer head lifestyle.

@ Bolded: your suffer no go end and you no go make am for this life wey you come because of your wicked and bitter mindset.

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by Tinububalls: 11:27am On Dec 31, 2023
DikSin:

Please take a back seat while the real billionaires contribute to the topic at hand.

It's people like you that I'm asking the billionaires to help but here you are attacking my efforts at minimising your suffer head lifestyle.
Heaven help those who help themselves.
I'm no billionaire, but no billionaire in Nigeria owes me a dime. If I want to hold people responsible for my predicament I turn to the government.
Peace.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2023
Tinububalls:

Heaven help those who help themselves.
I'm no billionaire, but no billionaire in Nigeria owes me a dime. If I want to hold people responsible for my predicament I turn to the government.
Peace.

I wasn't seeking for financial handout for myself or family. So what in cow dung are you talking about?! Mr sufferhead undecided

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by Tinububalls: 11:37am On Dec 31, 2023
DikSin:

I wasn't seeking for financial handout for myself or family. So what in cow dung are you talking about?! Mr sufferhead undecided
Why are you scared of asking of good roads and hospitals from your government?
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 11:39am On Dec 31, 2023
Tinububalls:

Why are you scared of asking of good roads and hospitals from your government?

Again...

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by Tinububalls: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2023
DikSin:

Again...
Sorry for stooping too low.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 11:45am On Dec 31, 2023
Tinububalls:

Sorry for stooping too low.

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 12:05pm On Dec 31, 2023
Ireportlive:

You are not reffering to billionaires in Nigeria but elsewhere.

The ones here that got theirs through embezzlement of public funds have theirs stuffed in cash under their underground bunkers.

Another 8billion dollars loan requested via senate will soon be diverted and looted again in raw cash.

Had it been that they would leave it in the bank, it would have helped our country numerous FX demands

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by Ireportlive: 12:18pm On Dec 31, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

You are not reffering to billionaires in Nigeria but elsewhere.

The ones here that got theirs through embezzlement of public funds have theirs stuffed in cash under their underground bunkers.

Another 8billion dollars loan requested via senate will soon be diverted and looted again in raw cash.

Had it been that they would leave it in the bank, it would have helped our country numerous FX demands

Oh you are talking about Politifcians

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by Dilijingsly(m): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2023
DikSin:

Na only you sabi weytin you type up there undecided
i mean the world can't move ahead without poor people. Periodit
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by 1Sharon(f): 1:58am On Jan 01
They wouldn't be rich if they gave out 200m.
Re: Why Can't Nigerian Billionaires Help The Poor Citizens? by DikSin(m): 8:33am On Jan 01
1Sharon:
They wouldn't be rich if they gave out 200m.

That is not correct... Recently, Wizkid spent 5x of that money and still stay rich.

https://www.legit.ng/entertainment/celebrities/1570953-dis-money-long-reactions-wizkid-takes-delivery-n14bn-ferrari-clip-viral/

(1) (Reply)

Entertainment / THE GREAT Illuminati:mr Fred / Made Easy And Stress Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.