Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,483 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut (23771 Views)

Ladies Fight Over Maduka Okoye (super Eagles Goalkeeper ) After A Recent Post / I Am Single And I Like Toxic Women – Maduka Okoye (Video / 2018 World Cup: Maduka Okoye To Join Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by LAXconfidential(m): 10:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
Starships4u:
As long as Arsenal loose today,
Nothing join me join soccer again this year.
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by femi4: 10:19pm On Dec 31, 2023
PlayMaker14:
How is he “Super Eagles Reject”?

You guys will just come up with silly headlines that tickles your hairy balls.
Honestly, very terrible headlines. So unprofessional journalism
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Cmanforall: 10:19pm On Dec 31, 2023
robosky02:
Super Eagles reject Maduka Okoye shines on Serie A debut

Maduka Okoye - Memorable Serie A debut
Goalkeeper Maduka Okoye, who has been overlooked by the Super Eagles for the 2023 AFCON, kept a clean sheet and made five top saves on a winning Serie A debut.

Udinese beat Bologna 3-0 at home with Okoye enjoying his first start in the Italian league.

Sofascore gave him a 7.9 rating.

The win ended a four-game winning run of surprise front runners Bologna, who failed to score for the first time since September.

The shot stopper, who was widely blamed for the Super Eagles early exit from the 2021 AFCON, was grateful to God for his performance.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/super-eagles-reject-maduka-okoye-shines-on-serie-a-debut/

He's been in the club's bench for months

Is this an advert for him. Let him continue to shine. Super Eagles don't need him
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by DEswiftfx(m): 11:03pm On Dec 31, 2023
.. . If you really watched that goal conceded by maduka okoye against Tunisia, though despite being a direct shot is really not as bad as the one conceded by his fellow goalie against Ghana...
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by LEGALSER: 11:18pm On Dec 31, 2023
robosky02:
Super Eagles reject Maduka Okoye shines on Serie A debut

Maduka Okoye - Memorable Serie A debut
Goalkeeper Maduka Okoye, who has been overlooked by the Super Eagles for the 2023 AFCON, kept a clean sheet and made five top saves on a winning Serie A debut.

Udinese beat Bologna 3-0 at home with Okoye enjoying his first start in the Italian league.

Sofascore gave him a 7.9 rating.

The win ended a four-game winning run of surprise front runners Bologna, who failed to score for the first time since September.

The shot stopper, who was widely blamed for the Super Eagles early exit from the 2021 AFCON, was grateful to God for his performance.

https://scorenigeria.com.ng/super-eagles-reject-maduka-okoye-shines-on-serie-a-debut/

Did you know you are stupid?
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by AmadorSays: 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2023
If he was dropped who are our keepers then?
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by robosky02(m): 12:33am On Jan 01
ppogba:
That was how Uzoho shone against Manchester united.

We all know what followed it.

Omo that United match ehh

I come dey wonder if na Uzoho pro max
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by nkemjacob2(m): 1:36am On Jan 01
This AFCON game I hope the Goal keeping department will not cost us the trophy
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by HeadNigga: 6:23am On Jan 01
Starships4u:
I can't challenge myself. I challenge you, let's fight. Lol
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by uniquetechng: 7:09am On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
I wont say he is a super eagles "reject" actually

He is the second choice goal keeper at udinese
And has been warming the bench.....not until yesterday.

Although, is not as if the basket Francis uzoho is in anyway better than him grin
Martinez was also second choice at Arsenal for many years and was still being called up by Argentina, he didn't make them big break until Leno got injured and was out for few weeks.
He was relegated to the bench the moment Leno returned from injury, he submitted transfer request and was signed by Villa, today he is a world Cup winner.
Being a second choice in a top European club is a big thing because keepers don't have such opportunity all the time, Andre Onana was also second choice at Inter Milan before he dislodged the number one keeper when the opportunity presented itself.
Remember Uzoho plays for a club in a secondary school league in Cyprus, a second choice goalkeeper in Italy is better a first goalkeeper in Cyprus, that's if you have been watching their matches like me.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by uniquetechng: 7:12am On Jan 01
Cmanforall:

He's been in the club's bench for months

Is this an advert for him. Let him continue to shine. Super Eagles don't need him
Stop watching football, Martinez was on Arsenal bench for years but today he is a world cup winner.
Onana was also on Inter Milan bench for years but he was the best keeper in the UCL last season before being signed up by Man United.
You think being a second choice as a black keeper in European club is a child's play ?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Johnycastro18: 7:24am On Jan 01
uniquetechng:
Martinez was also second choice at Arsenal for many years and was still being called up by Argentina, he didn't make them big break until Leno got injured and was out for few weeks.
He was relegated to the bench the moment Leno returned from injury, he submitted transfer request and was signed by Villa, today he is a world Cup winner.
Being a second choice in a top European club is a big thing because keepers don't have such opportunity all the time, Andre Onana was also second choice at Inter Milan before he dislodged the number one keeper when the opportunity presented itself.
Remember Uzoho plays for a club in a secondary school league in Cyprus, a second choice goalkeeper in Italy is better a first goalkeeper in Cyprus, that's if you have been watching their matches like me.
yeah you have a point though, but unlike martinez of arsenal, okoye is not really our first choice in Nigeria recently.... Francis uzoho is.

This our calamity of a coach would most likely have still used francis uzoho as his first choice even if maduka okoye were to have been selected.

Maybe let's see his lack of selection as a blessing, he just started his first match for udinese this season in the league, hopefully he is gradually winning the heart of his coach into the first eleven at his club.
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by uniquetechng: 7:33am On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
yeah you have a point though, but unlike martinez of arsenal, okoye is not really our first choice in Nigeria recently.... Francis uzoho is.

This our calamity of a coach would most likely have still used francis uzoho as his first choice even if maduka okoye were to have been selected.

Maybe let's see his lack of selection as a blessing, he just started his first match for udinese this season in the league, hopefully he is gradually winning the heart of his coach into the first eleven at his club.

The.coach is actually the problem not Okoye, he was playing in Eredivisie which is a top league in Europe and was dropped simply because he made a mistake.
De Gae, Ederson, Martinez, Alisson, Kepa, Stegen and other top goalkeepers have made worse mistakes in the past, I don't want to even start with Onana.
Mistakes are part and parcel of football and no goalkeeper is immune to mistakes, dropping him after a single mistake will affect the keeper's confidence.
Uzoho himself has cost us many matches with his secondary school goalkeeping.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by pargelenis(m): 7:39am On Jan 01
I fear for our squad in the upcoming AFCON. Ball de go left, Sir Uzoho go fly right like proper mumu cry
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Johnycastro18: 7:42am On Jan 01
uniquetechng:
The.coach is actually the problem not Okoye, he was playing in Eredivisie which is a top league in Europe and was dropped simply because he made a mistake.
De Gae, Ederson, Martinez, Alisson, Kepa, Stegen and other top goalkeepers have made worse mistakes in the past, I don't want to even start with Onana.
Mistakes are part and parcel of football and no goalkeeper is immune to mistakes, dropping him after a single mistake will affect the keeper's confidence.
Uzoho himself has cost us many matches with his secondary school goalkeeping.
my brother, that coach selecting francis uzoho is what I can't actually understand,

i have seen that goalkeeper concede 3goals that are all out of the goal post area goals, two free kick goals which he has failed to stop any, yet he kept been selected.
Why not try another option as a coach.
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by uniquetechng: 7:51am On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
my brother, that coach selecting francis uzoho is what I can't actually understand,

i have seen that goalkeeper concede 3goals that are all out of the goal post area goals, two free kick goals which he has failed to stop any, yet he kept been selected.
Why not try another option as a coach.
The coach is grossly incompetent, he will definitely cost us the AFCON title.

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Mitsurugi(m): 7:52am On Jan 01
Starships4u:

Brotherly, I'm off Arsenal till May. My DSTV dey expire tomorrow sef. No renewal
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by FireUpNow(m): 8:09am On Jan 01
I don't know what kind of headlines the mods in this NL move to front page. What kind of headline is this?

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by jojothaiv(m): 8:47am On Jan 01
PlayMaker14:

Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Deogratiasfx: 9:10am On Jan 01
cunny88:
Hes a flop, he cost us the last nations cup against tunisia. We neva had a goalkeeper since enyeama left

How did he cost us the AFCON? Did he also tell our stickers not to score? Seriously I don't understand the blame game? Do u know that if our strikers had score 2 we would have beaten them? They could not even score 1.
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by ViceGovernor: 9:19am On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
I wont say he is a super eagles "reject" actually

He is the second choice goal keeper at udinese
And has been warming the bench.....not until yesterday.

Although, is not as if the basket Francis uzoho is in anyway better than him grin
Frank Uzoho is 22 yrs old boss....his future is very bright
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Johnycastro18: 9:20am On Jan 01
ViceGovernor:

Frank Uzoho is 22 yrs old boss....his future is very bright
22years, and you really believed that? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by yahoodetector: 9:35am On Jan 01
Whatever Nigerians accept generally na wash but you see the one they reject, it shines.

That's the evil about Nigeria. I go soon leave this contraption for una.
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Djamel(m): 9:44am On Jan 01
PlayMaker14:
Check for the meaning of REJECT

Bro calm down…..The headline fits…..He’s a reject…..After his AFCON blunder, he has never represented Nigeria again…..for someone that was tipped to be our GK solution.
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Rajosh(m): 10:15am On Jan 01
robosky02:

Probably because
He was drop from the final list of players going to AFCOi

But good for him, he will be building confidence and having enough game time
He was the one that asked to be excused from the SE for now.
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Jacku: 10:40am On Jan 01
PlayMaker14:

likeee. I was wondering the same thing too o
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by ViceGovernor: 10:50am On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
22years, and you really believed that? grin grin
You never can tell some people are young men in old body and vice versa.

Do you know small doctor is older than Don jazzy?
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by Johnycastro18: 10:56am On Jan 01
ViceGovernor:

You never can tell some people are young men in old body and vice versa.

Do you know small doctor is older than Don jazzy?
come on bro, small doctor Is 27Years,
Don jazzy is in his 40's, How is small doctor older than him then?
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by ViceGovernor: 11:08am On Jan 01
Johnycastro18:
come on bro, small doctor Is 27Years,
Don jazzy is in his 40's, How is small doctor older than him then?
Don't know how true...but I saw yesterday that his first son is 20 yrs.
The guy is 41
Re: Super Eagles Reject Maduka Okoye Shines On Serie A Debut by PlayMaker14: 11:14am On Jan 01
Djamel:

Bro calm down…..The headline fits…..He’s a reject…..After his AFCON blunder, he has never represented Nigeria again…..for someone that was tipped to be our GK solution.
Is that all?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Real Madrid Unveil Luka Jovic After Signing For £62m From Frankfurt / Jay-jay Okocha Inducted Into Bundesliga Legends Network / Lobi Stars deny reports linking Head Coach, Ganaru To Chelsea Manager Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.