Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,355 members, 7,822,681 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months (6502 Views)

FG Borrows N2.45 Trillion From CBN Amid Fiscal Risks / Top 10 Nigerian States With Least Domestic Debt / FG Recorded ₦3.94 Trillion Trade Deficit In Q1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by LAXconfidential(m): 11:26pm On Dec 31, 2023
Lol

4 Likes

Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by Fearyourcreator: 12:25am On Jan 01
RepoMan007:
Instead of borrowing to pay unproductive workers and allow private driven production suffer, I propose they borrow to aid farmers and vital goods producers.

Imagine instead of printing N5Tr to pay unproductive hands, that money is split into 7 parts.
2 parts goes towards inputs while guarantying to buy the output with the remaining 5 parts. The lazy workers can then be paid with vital local goods instead of empowering them with raw cash to buy imported stuffs.
You no lie... Workers wey majority no dey really work
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by hotseat: 12:50am On Jan 01
Borrow borrow APC government!

Una wehdone!

Like Buhari, like Tinubu!

2 Likes

Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by Blackdisciple(m): 12:52am On Jan 01
Is CBN not our own again...
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by Blitzerz: 12:53am On Jan 01
He printed money to steal

Save us the english

3 Likes

Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by Kaiser20: 1:25am On Jan 01
Tinubu can never do better than Buhari his Boss.
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by iSense247: 1:31am On Jan 01
Fearyourcreator:

You no lie... Workers wey majority no dey really work
Privatizing government will solve this problem of paying billions to jobless workers every month. No private company will keep paying unproductive elements such as civil servants in Nigeria.
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by xukwaa: 2:04am On Jan 01
I wished all the Nairas are backed with production....
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by ADO2004: 2:28am On Jan 01
Who is CBN and who is FG? Story for the gods
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by Mosba: 5:22am On Jan 01
FG dipped left hand inside pocket, removed money and put it in the right hand. Then picked a biro and wrote down the amount as a debt which you and I will pay whether we like or not.
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by Lumarstone: 5:51am On Jan 01
This is adding salt to an injury, you borrow to service debts, what an irony! What this means is compounding the debt for future ones to suffer in paying or servicing it. Nigeria! my country.
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by nedu666: 6:43am On Jan 01
Fed govt printed money. Nigeria has not learnt anything from Zimbabwe and lebanon
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by dikings(m): 7:14am On Jan 01
BORROW BORROW GOVT.
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by gare(f): 7:33am On Jan 01
NwaNimo1:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/12/31/tinubus-govt-borrows-n2-94-trillion-from-cbn-to-service-domestic-debt-in-six-months/

They are printing more money πŸ˜‚, when I mentioned these guys are clueless you would be attacked for saying that like you hate them because of their tribe or religion.

Another way this is possible is the money they got from Emefiele they want to use for this, I really don't understand why we can't go after corrupt politicians to retrieve stolen money rather than borrowing. One Deiziani would release double of the amount borrowed from AFDB if only we can enter a deal for her to come back home, they should be wise about all of this.
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by gare(f): 7:36am On Jan 01
NwaNimo1:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/12/31/tinubus-govt-borrows-n2-94-trillion-from-cbn-to-service-domestic-debt-in-six-months/
This is like borrow from Fairmoney to pay Ocash πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Nigeria na comedy scene
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by maktop(m): 7:39am On Jan 01
FG borrowing internally and also borrowing externally. At the end to spend lavishly. How can the country move forward this way?
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by System87: 8:36am On Jan 01
Righthussle:
FG Borrowed or printed, which one dem do?
Same thing
Money printer go brrrr
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by Fearyourcreator: 8:36am On Jan 01
iSense247:
Privatizing government will solve this problem of paying billions to jobless workers every month. No private company will keep paying unproductive elements such as civil servants in Nigeria.
We discussed this matter with my neighbor few days ago... Civil servants mostly no dey work ... I visit ministry Everytime... Na bribe dem Sabi ... Most of their children will be here bad mouthing the government whereas their parents and family members join spoil this country from developing... Privatizing many of this parastatals will help a lot
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by Quebec91(m): 8:43am On Jan 01
cheesy
Ddonoflife:
If they like they should borrow from heaven all I know is they are not leaving this earth with shishi.......Naija don taya person if no be borrow,na devalue or kidnap or rape etc
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by alezzy13: 9:40am On Jan 01
Well, at least he's taking permission from NASS first,.

But what will be the impact on our skyrocketing inflation?? πŸ˜”
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by yahoodetector: 9:45am On Jan 01
Tinubu abeg o...epp your people in Lagos with part of the money who were crying on Friday like this πŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎπŸ‘‡πŸΎ

1 Like

Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by guideman: 5:28pm On Jan 01
This is still an extension of Buhari's economic policy somersaults. This printing of currency for the FG was first revealed by the Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki. This was denied by the Buhari government and later admitted to be true. Nothing has changed. But the question begging for answers is, if CBN is still printing for this Tinubu's government to finance their capital and overhead expenditures, what.happened to the purported savings from fuel subsidy removal. Is Lai Mohammed and his likes still hanging around?
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by masseratti: 8:14pm On Jan 01
Question i will like to ask is that where on earth did the CBN got N2. 94 trn from? The CBN is not a profit making entity for heavens sake.. Are this people ment? Who came up with such a heinous idea to borrow money from the CBN without backing it with any value instruments or is it going to the mint to print new notes which will be valueless under a year what they meant by borrowing? This lots don't just understand Economics at all.. No wonder all the deputy govs of CBN are all billionaires in Naira, the more the elites keep on messing with the naira the more the value of their money and businesses will become lesser and they too will be poorer.. Only way forward is to do the right thing.let the economy improve the elites economy value too will improve simple.
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by masseratti: 8:21pm On Jan 01
guideman:
This is still an extension of Buhari's economic policy somersaults. This printing of currency for the FG was first revealed by the Edo state governor, Godwin Obaseki. This was denied by the Buhari government and later admitted to be true. Nothing has changed. But the question begging for answers is, if CBN is still printing for this Tinubu's government to finance their capital and overhead expenditures, what.happened to the purported savings from fuel subsidy removal. Is Lai Mohammed and his likes still hanging around?
printing new money or currency without anything to back the value is total fraud and that's what is making the naira to lose its value in less than a year naira has lost more than 65% of its value, who came up with this Idea should actually be shot by firing squad because it's sending thousands of people to their early graves, FG should recover the money it's using in Amcon.. Restructure our tax regime.. Alot of Nigerian don't pay tax and i don't mean the poor.. Anyone earning less than 70k should be left alone.. It's only in Nigeria someone will build a mansion buy a car and no one will ask him or her where he got the money from or if he or she has paid the appropriate tax on it.. Only in Nigeria where we can say we know what a governor should earn in 8 years the governor after public service will become richer and no one will ask for the tax on whatever he or she got, if we start asking questions from ourselves I think we can go a long way to curb corruption.
Re: FG Borrows N2.94 Trillion From CBN To Service Domestic Debt In 6 Months by IbeOkehie: 12:43pm On Jan 02
Unfortunately people can only do what they know. I remember this episode. So I went looking for it. It seems increasing money supply is a deeply held belief for the President.

https://thenewsnigeria.com.ng/2014/11/17/okonjo-iweala-rejects-tinubus-idea-on-saving-nigerias-economy/

Tinubu wrote a major policy article in which he is quoted inter alia

β€œBecause we operate a sovereign fiat currency the federal government issues at its sole discretion, the federal government can never be rendered insolvent in Naira. This means it can run Naira fiscal deficits indefinitely. The only outer bound is to ensure the fiscal expansion does not incur damaging inflation rates.

There is no logical reason to peg the flow of Naira into the economy to the flow of dollars received. The correct perspective is not to mechanistically restrict Naira expenditure to dollar intake. This would be tantamount to those crippled with economic blinders forcefully leading those who can see we are heading for disaster. It points to deflation, recession and worse.

The better methodology is to ascertain, then achieve, the level of Naira expenditure needed to expand the economy and create jobs without causing inflation to rise to dangerous levels. This is how broadly-shared prosperity is generated in a sustainable manner.

I clearly remember this. At least his guiding philosophy is clear, that's always a good thing. We shall see who is right. It was also featured on Nairaland

https://www.nairaland.com/2321435/tinubus-solution-nigerias-economic-problems

I'm done here.

Good Luck to Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Soldiers Rescue 16 Kidnapped Sokoto Children And A Woman / Abia Guber Tribunal Update / 11 Disturbing Questions On Nnamdi Kanu And His IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.