Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso (24314 Views)

Gbenga Omotoso: Sanwo-Olu Did Not Announce New Minimum Wage / Gbenga Omotoso: Lagos Not Trying To Protect Tinubu With Anti-Graft Law / Geoffrey Onyeama Condemns Demolition At Nigeria's High Commission In Accra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by buchai: 6:10am On Jan 01
[quote author=seanfer post=127717499]The building belongs to POWA and from what I heard the court ruled in favour of POWA. People should stop peddling fake news.

Who owns the police I mean who pays them right now? it is our dear president Bola Ahmed Tinubu links with the state governor to demolish powa and mega city they said "he who pays the Piper calls the tune." You can not tell me that Lagos state governor is not included in the plan demolition.
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by Blankstare(m): 6:11am On Jan 01
Chicagograduate:
We know demolition is part of Lagos State ethnic cleansing agenda that is why every demolition is point at the doorstep of the governor.

The goods of the shop owners that were looted by the police officers wives should be compensated.

Before you guys twist the reality, there are far more yorubas in computer village...
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by omolola15(m): 6:26am On Jan 01
Edusouls:
shut up and leave all these propaganda used to cover up the well planned and systematic wickedness and atrocities against Igbos, just because dem no vote their God jagaban

It’s just 1 single building. My office is at no 6 on that same street. They’ve been on this for a while. People have been calling to confirm if they demolish computer village.

It’s not targeted at any tribe. Channels tv came there about a week ago before the demolition. The spoke with the chairman of the tenants association. He’s a Yoruba man. I know lots of yorubas in that same building. The video is on their instagram page. And powa have been dragging with them for a while now. They didn’t even take rent from them.

This is not about election or anything. I’ve also had to move my office once because our old landlord sold his building. I’m surprised lots of people were calling me yesterday and asking if they demolished computer village. If you want I can even upload some chats I had With people chatting me to confirm. I know you are pissed and all. But always get your facts rights bro.

1 Like

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by buchai: 6:28am On Jan 01
Who owns the police I mean who pays them right now? it is our dear president Bola Ahmed Tinubu links with the state governor to demolish powa and mega city they said "he who pays the Piper calls the tune." You can not tell me that Lagos state governor is not included in the plan demolition.
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by omolola15(m): 6:30am On Jan 01
[quote author=buchai post=127721458][/quote]

If the state really wants to target the igbos. There are lots of complex owned by the igbos that they would have demolished. Like Dallas building or even the sot one. And some of the complex on Ola Ayeni street.

The powa building is not that big and there are lots of yorubas there. Their chairman is even Yoruba. Channels tv interviewed him some days back after the court ruled against them.

My office is close to the building and I know what I’m talking about. They’ve evicted them since. They are not even paying rent. All they needed to do is get another shop.
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by omolola15(m): 6:32am On Jan 01
buchai:

If the state really wants to target the igbos. There are lots of complex owned by the igbos that they would have demolished. Like Dallas building or even the sot one. And some of the complex on Ola Ayeni street.

The powa building is not that big and there are lots of yorubas there. Their chairman is even Yoruba. Channels tv interviewed him some days back after the court ruled against them.

My office is close to the building and I know what I’m talking about. They’ve evicted them since. They are not even paying rent. All they needed to do is get another shop.
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by iyke2frankeze: 6:42am On Jan 01
TylerDurden:

POWA,being the owners of the building complex, had earlier duly issued quit notices to their tennants and communicated clearly that they intended to renovate and remodel the building owing to its derelict state.

The tenants, under a trade union association , took the landlord to court seeking not to be evicted despite the owners having plans for their own building.

The court ruled in favour of the landlords (POWA) who will later give the tenants up till December 31st to evict the building -this was about 2 weeks ago.

In a trending video made by one of the affected tenants who spoke in Ibo, he was captured saying that the state government demolished a federal building.

These people and their lies.

Never ever take anything that comes out of their mouths as facts.

They knew the dispute was between them and their landlord but they still wanted to make it an ethnic issue.

I have had several runnings with them and I know how they can easily slander and make false accusations and allegations against someone.

And all these rulings and other demolitions happened just because they voted for their preferred candidate?
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by Mosba: 6:52am On Jan 01
Lagos is NO MAN'S LAND BUT POLICE WOMAN'S LAND kikikikiki!
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by ufotunang: 7:01am On Jan 01
You have to compensate them....they paid rents, taxes
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by ufotunang: 7:03am On Jan 01
And that place they demolished you will see that no development will be done they for the next 20 years sef..just demolished it out of wickedness
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by Mosba: 7:23am On Jan 01
ufotunang:
And that place they demolished you will see that no development will be done they for the next 20 years sef..just demolished it out of wickedness

Yes but next time una go get sense not try to hijack government of your host community.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by sweetjohn(m): 7:41am On Jan 01
Even this Gbenga's or whoever he is comment is tribal in nature. This people have tribalism in their vains. waitin concern us pls demolish the whole of Lagos so Igbos can all leave.
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by merits(m): 7:43am On Jan 01
TylerDurden:

POWA,being the owners of the building complex, had earlier duly issued quit notices to their tennants and communicated clearly that they intended to renovate and remodel the building owing to its derelict state.

The tenants, under a trade union association , took the landlord to court seeking not to be evicted despite the owners having plans for their own building.

The court ruled in favour of the landlords (POWA) who will later give the tenants up till December 31st to evict the building -this was about 2 weeks ago.

In a trending video made by one of the affected tenants who spoke in Ibo, he was captured saying that the state government demolished a federal building.

These people and their lies.

Never ever take anything that comes out of their mouths as facts.

They knew the dispute was between them and their landlord but they still wanted to make it an ethnic issue.

I have had several runnings with them and I know how they can easily slander and make false accusations and allegations against someone.

I have one of them as a tenant before, I evicted her when she started claiming nonsense right on top my properties.Ibos are chronic virus.🦠🦟

1 Like

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by TylerDurden: 7:51am On Jan 01
iyke2frankeze:

And all these rulings and other demolitions happened just because they voted for their preferred candidate?

Sense is far from you

1 Like

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by TylerDurden: 7:52am On Jan 01
Bobloco:

you don't have to tell barefaced lies, falsehood and spread ethnic bigotry just to make a point

Which court ruled in favor of POWA when there's an existing restraining order by the lagos state high court restraining the demolition of the complex

Below is a link to it, read it up;

https://newtelegraphng.com/powa-complex-demolition-traders-ask-developer-taskforce-to-respect-court-order/

So Tennant will go to court restraining me from renovating my house ?

Let them go to court .

1 Like

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by TylerDurden: 7:54am On Jan 01
ada9ja:

Now you are making your post ethnic too cos you can't tell me that several runnings with your people has always ended well. I guess U would say Yes.

Go back to your pathetic yeast and remain there if you idiots can not be civilised for once .
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by TylerDurden: 7:55am On Jan 01
Flame77:

Even your respected self is not better than those you are accusing of ethnic bigotry judging by the tone of your comment.

Tribalism kill you there .

Yes we are all becoming tribal bigots courtesy of your mannerless uncouth behaviour..

Children of Cain

1 Like

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by Bobloco: 7:57am On Jan 01
TylerDurden:

So Tennant will go to court restraining me from renovating my house ?

Let them go to court .

I don't blame you bro

You live in a lawless society. There's no respect for the Rule of Law
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by TylerDurden: 7:58am On Jan 01
Bobloco:

I don't blame you bro

You live in a lawless society. There's no respect for the Rule of Law

Then go back to your "civilised" jungle that you ran out from.

1 Like

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by engrfaruq(m): 8:06am On Jan 01
Yankee101:
This is becoming a targeted assault of peoples wealth
Why did you let them build in the first place? Accepted their ground rent and took revenue from them?

Who built what exactlt? Did anybody tell you that the tenants own the building?

1 Like

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by engrfaruq(m): 8:09am On Jan 01
seanfer:

Everybody is against them. I've worked withamy of them, even when they are in positions higher than others, they still feel threatened by their subordinates.

Those guys are really evil and devils, who worship money regardless of the source. They are mostly dumb with superiority complex.

2 Likes

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by MetaPhysical: 8:11am On Jan 01
In few days Ohanaeze will show up with traditional leaders to beg POWA for mercy and allow these irritants to continue trade in their illegal structures attached to the nuilding

2 Likes

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by VIKTO83(m): 8:38am On Jan 01
We are aware.
My victim playing brothers are twisting it.
They play the victim always. I mean at all times.
Even POWA I'm aware gave a long time notice. But in our usual strong head manner dem no green.

2 Likes

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by lekanation(m): 8:40am On Jan 01
warrifinest1985:
computer village is among the identity of lagos state, no sane human being or goverment will want to demolish computer village. Why didn't lagos state governor stopped the demolision even though he didn't ordered it?
So you mean the government can stop you from demolishing your building? Despite serving them quit notice since 2019 Why are igbo people like this?

2 Likes

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by Nwanna2588: 8:43am On Jan 01
Okay, like, so everything's been explained, right? Landlord and tenant, like, clash. From a legal standpoint, eviction should match the payment period, you know? Like, if it's yearly, eviction after a year, and for other months, it's based on that. But, like, I've read posts saying a landlord won in court, and now it's just two weeks. Confusing, right? Normally, it's tied to the payment duration. I heard about a case where eviction happened after a year, but the tenant had no place to go. People blame the government. Like, who's wrong? Also, doing this now isn't cool. Imagine someone away for the season, only to return to a demolished place. Not the best time, right? Clarification needed.
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by TylerDurden: 8:49am On Jan 01
Nwanna2588:
Okay, like, so everything's been explained, right? Landlord and tenant, like, clash. From a legal standpoint, eviction should match the payment period, you know? Like, if it's yearly, eviction after a year, and for other months, it's based on that. But, like, I've read posts saying a landlord won in court, and now it's just two weeks. Confusing, right? Normally, it's tied to the payment duration. I heard about a case where eviction happened after a year, but the tenant had no place to go. People blame the government. Like, who's wrong? Also, doing this now isn't cool. Imagine someone away for the season, only to return to a demolished place. Not the best time, right? Clarification needed.

The landlord gave them quit notice long before their rent expired .

They took the landlord to court and have not being paying rent ever since.

The court order explicitly told them to vacate the premises with immediate effect.

The landlord was gracious enough to give them till the end of the December 2023 and they stubbornly still did not vacate the premises.

Keep defending rubbish

1 Like

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by forgiveness: 9:03am On Jan 01
Chicagograduate:
That is a government land not POWA.Powa is like the office of the first lady without any contribution to the economy other than using the position of their police husband to become dictators and obtain budget from government.
They will renovate the building from government budget and give it out to their friends and family.

Which government land? That's police cooperative investment.

I know that property. It can collapse anything because it wasn't well built.
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by forgiveness: 9:04am On Jan 01
Edusouls:
shut up and leave all these propaganda used to cover up the well planned and systematic wickedness and atrocities against Igbos, just because dem no vote their God jagaban

Na only sener get shop for there? No. Stop peddling false information
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by forgiveness: 9:09am On Jan 01
warrifinest1985:
computer village is among the identity of lagos state, no sane human being or goverment will want to demolish computer village. Why didn't lagos state governor stopped the demolision even though he didn't ordered it?

Computer village wasn't demolished. All the buildings in computer village were once residential buildings before it was commercialized and they all belongs to individuals.

The place that was demolished was the property of Powa. They can decide to do whatsoever they want with it.
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by forgiveness: 9:11am On Jan 01
Chicagograduate:
That is a government land not POWA.Powa is like the office of the first lady without any contribution to the economy other than using the position of their police husband to become dictators and obtain budget from government.
They will renovate the building from government budget and give it out to their friends and family.

They will not renovate with government money rather with police cooperative contribution money. If you don't know, ask.
Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by TOPMAN4LIFE: 9:14am On Jan 01
UrPapa:

Don’t mind agbado people
They are afraid of Igbo success
So they are twisting the story
Which success igbos have, Igbo that is making money from dubious way.
Fake products and parts every where.
Igbos produce fake drinks like fanta, coke in dirtiest place in Nigeria thereby causing health risk among innocent Nigeriaa.
And this fake drinks sold at cheapest price have been making genuine company to close down resulting to more unemployment.
Igbos will go to China and arrange with dubious Chinese to produce fake spare parts thereby causing accident and deaths as well as making Nigerians to waste hard earned money since Nigerians will bring out money to search for original parts which is scarce in the market because igbos has made seller of original parts to run out of business because igbos sell unreliable and fake parts at cheap price.
Igbos also collude with dubious pharmaceutical companies abroad to produce fake drugs which has caused many to die untimely.
Most Nigerians arrested abroad for hard drugs business are from igbos.
Igbos are one of the major problems in Nigeria but the igbos still complain bad governance than others .
That means if igbos are given opportunity to rule Nigeria, they will do worst.
Most igbos business men believe they should just make money, they don't bother who died or perish from their actions

3 Likes

Re: POWA Behind Demolition At Computer Village Not LASG - Gbenga Omotoso by Nwanna2588: 9:16am On Jan 01
TylerDurden:

The landlord gave them quit notice long before their rent expired .

They took the landlord to court and have not being paying rent ever since.

The court order explicitly told them to vacate the premises with immediate effect.

The landlord was gracious enough to give them till the end of December 2023 and they stubbornly still did not vacate the premises.

Keep defending rubbish

Your initial exposition was commendable, and I was nearly tipping my hat in acknowledgment of your thorough elucidation. However, permit me to express my reservations regarding the denouement of your discourse. It appears that you faltered in the ultimate sentence, asserting that I should persist in defending what may be deemed as nonsensical or egregious. Allow me to clarify that my intent has never been defensive; rather, I sought elucidation.

To admonish me to uphold a defense of perceived nonsense bespeaks a misguided perspective. It is my contention that such a stance exemplifies the very malaise afflicting our dear Nigeria. I beseech you, in this annum, to eschew the employment of vitriolic language and, instead, endeavor to articulate your thoughts with the same finesse displayed at the inception of your communication. Consider this counsel a benevolent suggestion for your refinement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram: 214 Rescued Girls Pregnant – UNFPA / What Did GEJ Do Wrong That Buhari Is Doing Right? - Chief Anthony Eshemokhai / Paul Unongo Resigns As Northern Elders Forum Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.