Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,596 members, 7,816,480 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. (1071 Views)

Find Job Around Island Lagos / Accommodation Around Ikeja/ketu / Looking For A Very Cheap & Affordable Accommodation At Yaba, Check This List. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by abdeiz(m): 10:27pm On Dec 31, 2023
I recently landed a new job in Marina.

I've never been to lagos and I have a week to resume. I need to scout for where I can get affordable houses to rent that is close to marina. I do not like waking up around 3am just to beat traffic.

My budget is 200 - 300k

I hear mainland has cheaper houses but have no idea where to start looking for, places where I won't have traffic issues.

Island would have been preferable but high costs are a hindrance.

I'd like your suggestions. Thank you.
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by chieni(f): 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
abdeiz:

I've never been to lagos and I have a week to resume. I need to scout for where I can get affordable houses to rent that is close to marina. I do not like waking up around 3am just to beat traffic.

My budget is 200 - 300k

I hear mainland has cheaper houses but have no idea where to start looking for, places where I won't have traffic issues.

Maryland, magodo and Yaba I guess. They are on the mainland. Congratulations on your new job.
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by 1TrippleCee: 11:04pm On Dec 31, 2023
IyanaWoro. Yaba. Gbagada
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by abdeiz(m): 6:35am On Jan 01
1TrippleCee:
IyanaWoro. Yaba. Gbagada

Thank you. Will make more research
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by abdeiz(m): 6:36am On Jan 01
chieni:

Maryland, magodo and Yaba I guess. They are on the mainland. Congratulations on your new job.

Thank you very much. I appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by dhope: 9:21am On Jan 01
abdeiz:

My budget is 200 - 300k

Congratulations on your new job. You just need to be careful with Lagos house agents because it seems they're more than the available house itself. You should be able to get a single room around iyanaoworo or ketu with that your budget which you can endure for a while.

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Emma1Oj(m): 10:42am On Jan 01
abdeiz:

My budget is 200 - 300k

The 2nd meaning of Lagos is traffic. So you can't avoid that. Lagos Island would have been the best for single room but your budget won't carry it, so iyanoworo, Yaba or surulere would go, depends on environment oo. but you have to be extremely careful with agent or whoever make Dem no run you street.
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by talk2hb1(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01
Emma1Oj:
The 2nd meaning of Lagos is traffic. So you can't avoid that. Lagos Island would have been the best for single room but your budget won't carry it, so iyanoworo, Yaba or surulere would go, depends on environment oo. but you have to be extremely careful with agent or whoever make Dem no run you street.
Please, Like how much for a room self on the island?
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Esthered: 2:06pm On Jan 01
I think the OP's budget is low.
My sister's house hunting. A mini flat that isn't furnished is 700k at Aguda and Ijesha axis. She works at Marina too.
The one we saw that we liked was 900k.
They're collecting 2 years rent plus commission and caution totalling 1.950 for 700k houses.
We were negotiating for 1.5 years rent but she suspended the house hunting for now.
OP should look for someone to squat with till he can cough out a tangible amount for rent.
He can still go down to Abulegba......with that budget.
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Ekitibiased(m): 2:57pm On Jan 01
Flatshare is the way to go ..... Rents are crazy unrealistic .

Share rooms/ flats.....that's the realistic affordable option.

If you have a space to share or need a place....send a DM

Contact below in my signature kiss

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Carot: 3:28pm On Jan 01
Emma1Oj:
but iyanaoworo is on mainland
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Carot: 3:30pm On Jan 01
Esthered:
My sister's house hunting. A mini flat that isn't furnished is 700k at Aguda and Ijesha axis. She works at Marina too.
They're collecting 2 years rent plus commission and caution totalling 1.950 for 700k houses.
We were negotiating for 1.5 years rent but she suspended the house hunting for now.
OP should look for someone to squat with till he can cough out a tangible amount for rent.
but abulegba is far
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Esthered: 4:26pm On Jan 01
Carot:
but abulegba is far
He wants to live not too far with such budget?
The thing is you can't eat your cake and have it. He should squat first. Oworonshoki is expensive. Mini flat in Bariga is nothing below 600k. The thing is he needs to calculate transportation cost if he's not mobile.
When my sister did her cost analysis, Surulere LG (not Ogunlana and environs o) is her best bet working at Marina. He'll have to go through third mainland to get to CMS.....expensive journey. Tfare budget should not pass 1k for a start.
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Esthered: 4:27pm On Jan 01
talk2hb1:

Please, Like how much for a room self on the island?
Lagos or Victoria Island?
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by talk2hb1(m): 4:49pm On Jan 01
Esthered:

Lagos or Victoria Island?
Lagos, Onikan, Obalende
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Esthered: 5:31pm On Jan 01
talk2hb1:

Lagos, Onikan, Obalende
No idea. Check Jiji
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by talk2hb1(m): 6:12pm On Jan 01
Esthered:

No idea. Check Jiji
Thank You
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by emoboy4u: 6:24pm On Jan 01
Whenever you are calculating Lagos rent, do not forget to add agency, agreement and commission feee of nothing less than 150k to the maths. For that budget, you get a bedspace at one of the hostels at Yaba or even with Adeniji, Bamgbose , Campos areas which are a stone throw to Marina.
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Jewessgratitud3: 7:35pm On Jan 01
Iyana oworonshoki,
Bariga are places you can still get cheap houses. Don't even reason Yaba because rent here is from 750 to 1m. Except you want old single room self con for 500k and you'll hardly get because they are always occupied.

From iyana oworonshoki to marina is a straight bus.
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Besuccesful: 9:06am On Jan 02
If not for distance I would have ask op to come for this mini flat in my compound in agric ikorodu. Apartment is lekki standard with all amenities in the house. Pop all round, running water, fenced and gated. It's just 280k total package.

Op, House are relatively expensive on the island and some part of mainland. But with that your 200k or 300k you can get a single room at least 150k to 170k in ajah.

You can manage single room for now till you find your feet.

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by chieni(f): 4:18pm On Jan 02
abdeiz:

My budget is 200 - 300k

You can check share flat on Instagram. They post accomodations from time to time. Especially a room in a flat, if you want to share and also avoid agency fee.
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by abdeiz(m): 10:45am On Jan 03
Esthered:
Are lagos landlords normal so? This is absurd!!.Omoh.. I'd see things o
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by abdeiz(m): 10:45am On Jan 03
chieni:

You can check share flat on Instagram. They post accomodations from time to time. Especially a room in a flat, if you want to share and also avoid agency fee.

Thank you, will do
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by abdeiz(m): 10:46am On Jan 03
Besuccesful:
If not for distance I would have ask op to come for this mini flat in my compound in agric ikorodu. Apartment is lekki standard with all amenities in the house. Pop all round, running water, fenced and gated. It's just 280k total package.

Op, House are relatively expensive on the island and some part of mainland. But with that your 200k or 300k you can get a single room at least 150k to 170k in ajah.

That's why my future goal is to work remote.. If not what would even bring me to lagos
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by abdeiz(m): 10:47am On Jan 03
Jewessgratitud3:
Iyana oworonshoki,
Bariga are places you can still get cheap houses. Don't even reason Yaba because rent here is from 750 to 1m. Except you want old single room self con for 500k and you'll hardly get because they are always occupied.

From iyana oworonshoki to marina is a straight bus.

I've been checking all the aforementioned places on Google maps.. This looks plausible
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by abdeiz(m): 10:47am On Jan 03
Esthered:

He wants to live not too far with such budget?
The thing is you can't eat your cake and have it. He should squat first. Oworonshoki is expensive. Mini flat in Bariga is nothing below 600k. The thing is he needs to calculate transportation cost if he's not mobile.
When my sister did her cost analysis, Surulere LG (not Ogunlana and environs o) is her best bet working at Marina. He'll have to go through third mainland to get to CMS.....expensive journey. Tfare budget should not pass 1k for a start.

My concern is traffic 😩
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by abdeiz(m): 10:48am On Jan 03
Carot:
but abulegba is far

Very farrrrr ooo
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Jewessgratitud3: 11:14am On Jan 03
abdeiz:

I've been checking all the aforementioned places on Google maps.. This looks plausible

Oh really? Ok go with your google map recommendations.

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by gaiusolayinka: 2:02pm On Jan 03
Besuccesful:

I already sent you an email. I don't know if this apartment is still available
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Esthered: 4:34pm On Jan 03
abdeiz:

Are lagos landlords normal so? This is absurd!!.Omoh.. I'd see things o

The demand is high hence the decision to collect such.

1 Like

Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by Besuccesful: 10:48am On Jan 04
Whatsapp 09131056779

I already sent you an email. I don't know if this apartment is still available [/quote]
Re: Where To Get Affordable Accommodation Around Island In Lagos. by gaiusolayinka: 10:57am On Jan 04
Besuccesful:
Whatsapp 09131056779

I already sent you an email. I don't know if this apartment is still available

Thank you!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ant Reply From Nb / I Need A Company To Do My Internship / Ibtc-chartered Bank Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.