Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

He Is Not From My State - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / He Is Not From My State (749 Views)

Ikoyi Registry Or That Of My State?? / 'my State Of Mind' / My State Of Origin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Not From My State by Victimoftribali: 10:55pm On Dec 31, 2023
I created this account to I don't know, maybe vent or something.

So I met this girl a while ago, even though she has been putting me off (she later adduced it to being in a relationship then) but we got really close and started dating about a year ago.

She turned out to be my dream girl, I fell deeper than I intended and for the first time in a long while considered marriage. She on the other hand, loved me, I could tell. The only stumbling block would be her parents who she claimed and truthfully would insist on her marrying from her state. Long story short, she recently told them about me and my state remained their strongest basis for opposing our marriage.

It hurts that statism is about to put an end to an otherwise beautiful love story in the making.

They tried bringing up the age difference, if I have built a house and wondering if she was desperate being young and fresh graduate, the issue of state even though my village to hers is less than a 3 hour drive is the most hammered upon.

Even though it hurts, but not as much I have hurt before, but how should being from different states even though of the same ethnic group be so much of a problem?
I just wish to get over this soon and maybe find someone else to wholly love like I have loved this girl.

Till I met and dated her for over a year, I never believed I could love a girl this much without sex, my instinct would have been to encourage her to fight her parents on this, but experience has taught me better.

I am devastated, I don't know how to pick up from here and move on and how fast I can do that.
Re: He Is Not From My State by Victimoftribali: 10:57pm On Dec 31, 2023
How do I begin to even love as deeply as I did this person? Worst is that I have flaunted my love for her so much that every other person that might have had interest in me have all given up on me.

This is bad and it is hard to bear
Re: He Is Not From My State by Kobojunkie: 11:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
Victimoftribali:
Even though it hurts, but not as much I have hurt before, but how should being from different states even though of the same ethnic group be so much of a problem?
I just wish to get over this soon and maybe find someone else to wholly love like I have loved this girl. Till I met and dated her for over a year, I never believed I could love a girl this much without sex, my instinct would have been to encourage her to fight her parents on this, but experience has taught me better.
I am devastated, I don't know how to pick up from here and move on and how fast I can do that.
Since you are already considering moving on from the relationship, then do your best to put a stop to the ruminations, including creating threads on the subject. undecided

I mean what is the point of ruminating over and over about that which you do not plan to do anything about. Let it go so you can find yourself that other someone who you will not need to worry about the same over. undecided

2 Likes

Re: He Is Not From My State by Victimoftribali: 11:20pm On Dec 31, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Since you are already considering moving on from the relationship, then do your best to put a stop to the ruminations, including creating threads on the subject. undecided

I mean what is the point of ruminating over and over about that which you do not plan to do anything about. Let it go so you can find yourself that other someone who you will not need to worry about the same over. undecided
I am just ranting... If there was something I could do, I definitely would do it. Girls like her, though they abound are difficult to come by.
Re: He Is Not From My State by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Dec 31, 2023
Victimoftribali:
■ I am just ranting... If there was something I could do, I definitely would do it. Girls like her, though they abound are difficult to come by.
Even though you are already considering moving on from her... I get you. Just move on. lipsrsealed
Re: He Is Not From My State by Emmanuel30a: 5:51am On Jan 01
Victimoftribali:
How do I begin to even love as deeply as I did this person? Worst is that I have flaunted my love for her so much that every other person that might have had interest in me have all given up on me.

This is bad and it is hard to bear
Stop making noise, you are a baby boy... You don't know what is love or what is called love. Yet still, you are in lust...
Re: He Is Not From My State by UnfairLife7(m): 7:20am On Jan 01
Emmanuel30a:
Stop making noise, you are a baby boy... You don't know what is love or what is called love. Yet still, you are in lust...
are you jealous Mr Adult man?

1 Like

Re: He Is Not From My State by Emmanuel30a: 9:30am On Jan 01
UnfairLife7:
are you jealous Mr Adult man?
Oga mi sir
Re: He Is Not From My State by Ishilove: 10:43am On Jan 01
Before allowing yourself to fall in love next time, make sure all possible obstacles have been considered just in case the relationship leads to marriage. It will save you a world of heartache.

You'll heal, eventually. Just try to engage in activities that are carthartic, and most importantly PRAY to God to heal your broken heart. He answers prayers, trust me on this.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Not From My State by mrjojo: 1:15pm On Jan 01
Victimoftribali:

So I met this girl a while ago, even though she has been putting me off (she later adduced it to being in a relationship then) but we got really close and started dating about a year ago.

She turned out to be my dream girl, I fell deeper than I intended and for the first time in a long while considered marriage. She on the other hand, loved me, I could tell. The only stumbling block would be her parents who she claimed and truthfully would insist on her marrying from her state. Long story short, she recently told them about me and my state remained their strongest basis for opposing our marriage.

It hurts that statism is about to put an end to an otherwise beautiful love story in the making.

They tried bringing up the age difference, if I have built a house and wondering if she was desperate being young and fresh graduate, the issue of state even though my village to hers is less than a 3 hour drive is the most hammered upon.

I just wish to get over this soon and maybe find someone else to wholly love like I have loved this girl.

Till I met and dated her for over a year, I never believed I could love a girl this much without sex, my instinct would have been to encourage her to fight her parents on this, but experience has taught me better.

stay away from that tribalistic, uneducated family , you are better off, don't encourage her to fight her parent, you'll be forever fighting their approval if you end up with her. it's 2024 tribalistic nature of some Nigerians is just plain stupi.d yet these set of people will be first to shout racism

4 Likes

Re: He Is Not From My State by Victimoftribali: 2:21pm On Jan 01
Ishilove:
Before allowing yourself to fall in love next time, make sure all possible obstacles have been considered just in case the relationship leads to marriage. It will save you a world of heartache.

You'll heal, eventually. Just try to engage in activities that are carthartic, and most importantly PRAY to God to heal your broken heart. He answers prayers, trust me on this.
we learn everyday. Thanks

1 Like

Re: He Is Not From My State by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:43pm On Jan 01
Guy rant and clear your mind.leave some Mumu Advising you not to rant.its normal to be sad ,at least you can pour out your mind here.it Seems you are a little above 30,if I correct.try to move on quicky, dont waste time.though hard but its doable. No need worrying yourself.

1 Like

Re: He Is Not From My State by jamesversion: 6:46pm On Jan 01
Victimoftribali:

She's from Anambra and you're from Ebonyi right? grin
Re: He Is Not From My State by Victimoftribali: 8:19pm On Jan 01
jamesversion:

She's from Anambra and you're from Ebonyi right? grin

Nope..
Re: He Is Not From My State by Victimoftribali: 10:49pm On Jan 05
There's hope Sha, the parents are coming around and I am going to visit soon
😁😁😁
#Lovealwayswins
Re: He Is Not From My State by Necrophagia: 11:01am On Jan 06
Why are you like this ??
Re: He Is Not From My State by Victimoftribali: 3:40pm On Jan 06
Necrophagia:
Why are you like this ??
How am I like?
Re: He Is Not From My State by Ishilove: 4:39pm On Jan 06
Victimoftribali:
There's hope Sha, the parents are coming around and I am going to visit soon
😁😁😁
#Lovealwayswins
I hope it works out for you
Re: He Is Not From My State by Victimoftribali: 1:11pm On Jan 07
Ishilove:

I hope it works out for you
Thanks for your goodwill
Re: He Is Not From My State by Ishilove: 4:12pm On Jan 07
Victimoftribali:

Thanks for your goodwill
You're welcome

(1) (Reply)

Sex Determinant / Pregnant Briton 'faces Execution'(a Nigerian) / Family Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.