Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,929 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

For Guys: And Interested Girls - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / For Guys: And Interested Girls (1045 Views)

Why Do Some Guys Don't Like Bathing With Their Fellow Guys And... / Guys And Girls Go Wild At A Dance Hall Party / I'm New And Interested! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Guys: And Interested Girls by memyself2(f): 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2007
I heard Neyo "Do you" song recently, and it reminded me of an issue that has been on my mind since my last relationship ended.  How long does it take for guys to get over a heartbreak?(Yes! guys do get their heart broken, forget the false bravado!)

If I am not wrong, in Neyo's song, he wrote a letter to his ex asking if she reminisces about them, if she thinks about him and so on. And obviously, that relationship had ended sometime back, the girl had gotten engaged and had given birth to a baby girl!

Question- why did it take that long?

I would like to know from the guys reading this, how long did it take to get over your "ex", if you have any and how did you get over her? I would like to know, not for any serious reasons, just out of curiosity.

When the guy I was dating broke up with me a second time, I indulged in self-pity for about a week, after that I brought out everything that reminded me of him and destroyed it, I deleted all his pictures on my Lappie and so on, made it really easy to get over him, and yeah ofcourse, I confided in my close friends, and got over him in a VERY short time!

Then, like a month or two after breaking up with me, he asked to see me, ofcourse, there was the akward moment where we didn't know if we could hug or not. Reason he wanted to see me? He wanted the relationship back, I told him it was impossible because I was over him and didn't  intend to walk down that path again.

Then, this is the twist in the story, he was trying to blame "his" decision to break up with me, on "me"! He said, the relationship was doomed from the begining and that if it wasn't I wouldn't have gottten over him that fast!

While he was wondering how I got over him that fast, I was wondering if he had slow reflexes, because, I just didn't understand why he waited that long to ask for a "3rd" chance!

So guys please enlighten me, all guys cannot have slow reflexes now. So whats the real issue here? Is it that you male species live in self denial after the end of a relationship, or what exactly?

The End

For Seun, I deserve some kind of acknowledgement because I tried really, really hard to observe the "no SMS" language rule!  grin
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by earthrealm(m): 7:55pm On Sep 16, 2007
welllllll,

its really very difficult 2 get over some1, unless u were the one that did the dumping,

u might feel/belive that u have gotten over the person only to see ur self start having feelings 4 the person when u see again, especially the the person inquestion has gotten cuter
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by memyself2(f): 8:02pm On Sep 16, 2007
earthrealm:

welllllll,

its really very difficult 2 get over someone, unless u were the one that did the dumping,

u might feel/believe that u have gotten over the person only to see your self start having feelings for the person when u see again, especially the the person inquestion has gotten cuter

Thanks for your reply but you didnt exactly answer my question, have you been in a relationship before? Where you the person who called it off(if its over, that is) and how did you get over her? or you haven't gotten over her?
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by herdey2tu(f): 11:06pm On Sep 16, 2007
@me, myself

Sweetheart, i aint a guy, but i have had my share of heartbreaks and broken some.

if the guy ask for a 3rd chance, its obvious he still gbadun you , or not getting what you have outside.

only you know if you like him enough to go tru the whole process again.

The issue is not him forgetting you, the issue is you forgetting him; if you could go tru that lenght of trying to erase him physically then i dont think you have really forgotten him, or forgiven him for calling it off.i hav been through that path, and i also convinced myself that i got over him faster than i thot i could. He also asked for another chance, which i refused.Afterwards, little thing reminds me of him, like percieving his favourite aftershave, his type of phone, going to our hangout, his type of ride, etc.

Its only if you dont send the guy, dat you can confidently say you can forget him in a very short while.
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by earthrealm(m): 2:26am On Sep 17, 2007
@me,myself
wellllllllll,

i have experienced it both ways,

getting back 2 ur question, there really is no guaranted mthd of getting over some1, if u really care abt the person, he/she will always have a special place in ur heart, nuthin can change that, but getting into another relationship helps in getting over some1

are u trying 2 get over some1?,
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by iice(f): 4:35am On Sep 17, 2007
hmmm. . .
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by memyself2(f): 6:48am On Sep 17, 2007
herdey2tu:

@me, myself

Sweetheart, i aint a guy, but i have had my share of heartbreaks and broken some.

if the guy ask for a 3rd chance, its obvious he still gbadun you , or not getting what you have outside.

only you know if you like him enough to go tru the whole process again.

The issue is not him forgetting you, the issue is you forgetting him; if you could go tru that lenght of trying to erase him physically then i don't think you have really forgotten him, or forgiven him for calling it off.i hav been through that path, and i also convinced myself that i got over him faster than i thot i could. He also asked for another chance, which i refused.Afterwards, little thing reminds me of him, like percieving his favourite aftershave, his type of phone, going to our hangout, his type of ride, etc.

Its only if you don't send the guy, that you can confidently say you can forget him in a very short while.

Nah, I really am over him, I liked him, I did send him but I told him when he asked for a 2nd chance that, if he breaks up with me again, thats it(the end of my relationship with him) because I am not down for the break up, make up game.

Well, he broke up with me, and that was it! I didnt forget him because we were within the same vicinity, I just tried to get over him and I succeeded.

earthrealm:

@me,myself
wellllllllll,

i have experienced it both ways,

getting back 2 your question, there really is no guaranted mthd of getting over someone, if u really care about the person, he/she will always have a special place in your heart, nuthin can change that, but getting into another relationship helps in getting over someone

are u trying 2 get over someone?,

Nah, I am not tryin to get over anyone because I am over him already, we didnt date for a long period, so it was "comparatively" easier to get over him. I understand that there is no "written"down method to get over someone you like, but I am just curious about the way guys still hang on to that relationship even after it was ended a long time ago. I observe in songs(i.e. Do you), movies(cant bring any one to mind at the moment but if you wanna know, I can think of one later), novels(ditto), and real guys not just my ex, my other male friends, it takes guys a longer period than the lady, even if the lady was the hurt party.
So please enlighten me.

Thanks

iice:

hmmm. . .

Yeah, I feel you, on what though? smiley
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by iice(f): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2007
me,myself:

I understand that there is no "written"down method to get over someone you like, but I am just curious about the way guys still hang on to that relationship even after it was ended a long time ago. I observe in songs(i.e. Do you), movies(can't bring any one to mind at the moment but if you want to know, I can think of one later), novels(ditto), and real guys not just my ex, my other male friends, it takes guys a longer period than the lady, even if the lady was the hurt party.
So please enlighten me.

Thanks

Yeah, I feel you, on what though? smiley

^^on that gurl wink
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by earthrealm(m): 11:14am On Sep 17, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

iice:

hmmm. . .
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by earthrealm(m): 11:22am On Sep 17, 2007
i dont think sex,,<not sex as in SEX, but sex,gender!!!.>, plays a role on how long it takes 2 get over some1

like i said, i have experienced it both ways,

where after a break up, the lady still stages a comeback, n am like, what the.h##K, i wasnt really interested any more,
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by iice(f): 11:33am On Sep 17, 2007
earthrealm. . .wetin na tongue
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by earthrealm(m): 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2007
@iice, u gat the proverbial finger in every pie, oops , POST!!!
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by herdey2tu(f): 9:36am On Sep 18, 2007
@ Paccino

I feel you my brother!
Re: For Guys: And Interested Girls by herdey2tu(f): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2007
@ Paccino

I feel you my brother!

(1) (Reply)

Show Your Love For / Which African Countries Will Be Hit Hardest By The Recession? / Would This Work In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.