Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,557 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? (672 Views)

He Cooked A Colored Chicken Stew. / What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? / See The Plate Of Rice I Cooked With Just 200 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by Lamanii22(f): 2:32pm On Jan 01
Hello to our wonderful wives, moms and cooks… have you ever cooked a meal, even after adding all ingredients with love it still didn’t turn out great? cause this happened to me recently lol and it got me worried lol but everyone ate it with love sha… I pray it doesn’t happen again in Jesus name amen 😃
Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by garriAndsugar: 3:18pm On Jan 01
Anytime I cook beans, I don't enjoy it
Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:52pm On Jan 01
lipsrsealed
Imagine rice wey dem give dog,the dog reject am grin. That's to tell you the kind of rubbish food wey person settle down cook grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by Thazard(m): 4:53pm On Jan 01
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Imagine rice wey dem give dog,the dog reject am grin. That's to tell you the kind of rubbish food wey person settle down cook grin
gringringrin
Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by fineboynl(m): 6:51pm On Jan 01
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
lol. Dog have fewer taste buds to detect tasteless meal unlike humans.

So a dog can never tell if a human meal is not tasty.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by fineboynl(m): 6:52pm On Jan 01
Lamanii22:
Hello to our wonderful wives, moms and cooks… have you ever cooked a meal, even after adding all ingredients with love it still didn’t turn out great? cause this happened to me recently lol and it got me worried lol but everyone ate it with love sha… I pray it doesn’t happen again in Jesus name amen 😃
what did you cook? And what were your ingredients?
Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by Lamanii22(f): 8:55pm On Jan 01
fineboynl:
what did you cook? And what were your ingredients?

A simple meal ooo… jollof rice

Groundnut oil
Tomatoes,rodo,shumbo and tin tomatoes
Curry masala
Maggi knorr
Salt
Bay leaf
Chicken broth

Maybe cause the rice is Nigerian rice…
Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by fineboynl(m): 11:00am On Jan 02
Lamanii22:

Groundnut oil
Curry masala
Maggi knorr
Salt
Bay leaf
Chicken broth

premium foreign rice grains are best for jellof rice. Also the combination of ingredients and better timing can bring out the best. Even from the aroma

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by kinah(f): 10:12am On Jan 03
Lamanii22:

Groundnut oil
Curry masala
Maggi knorr
Salt
Bay leaf
Chicken broth

Nigerian rice won't let your Jollof rice come out
Well

It needs alot of pepper and seasoning to get the best out of it

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by shilz(f): 12:39pm On Jan 03
kinah:

Nigerian rice won't let your Jollof rice come out
Well

It needs alot of pepper and seasoning to get the nest out of it
the Nigerian rice isn’t the problem,even the worst seed rice can be made delicious with the right amount of water and ingredients..for jollof,a particular small seed Nigerian rice is actually the sweetest.
Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by shilz(f): 12:48pm On Jan 03
Lamanii22:

Groundnut oil
Curry masala
Maggi knorr
Salt
Bay leaf
Chicken broth

can u explain the method u used…did u de seed your shumbo??too much tomato mix and tin tomato can actually mess a dish up it needs calculation to balance the taste..bay leaf is another if not properly added changes the taste of broth and dish too.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by kinah(f): 2:39pm On Jan 03
shilz:
the Nigerian rice isn’t the problem,even the worst seed rice can be made delicious with the right amount of water and ingredients..for jollof,a particular small seed Nigerian rice is actually the sweetest.

There is a specie of Nigerian rice that she is talking about. You have to add plenty ingredients to cook it or else. That specie of rice you use 2x the normal seasoning. Looking at it you would know.
There is also a particular kind of rice no matter how delicious you stew or soup. Put it on the rice, it will be bland
Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by Jewessgratitud3: 10:34am On Jan 06
This has only happened a few times when I used all this chemical spices in the market. I'm naturally not a fan of those stuff and hardly cook with them. The day I tried it, my food tasted like a learners cooking. I tried another one after a long time ( prolly forgot my first experience in a jiffy) the same thing happened again. I stopped.

Even the so called sachet ginger and garlic powder mix, trash. I prefer using the fresh one if I must use it.

Anytime I cook such tasteless meals, I end up trashing it or eat it and feel bad for the rest of that day
Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by descarado: 10:46am On Jan 06
I stopped using bay leaf a long time ago. Waste of money. Substitute with tyme. Nigerian jollof rice goes well with time. Aroma released when fried in oil tastes better. Other herbs can do also.

The type of rice doesn't matter. Rice naturally absorbs whatever you pair it with.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by Premiumbuy(m): 12:59pm On Jan 06
Premium Be Unto You
Book this space for us that did not even know how to cook.
Re: Have You Ever Cooked A Type Of Food That Didn’t Turn Out Delish? by kinah(f): 6:40pm On Jan 26
shilz:

What is the essence of Jollof rice that has plenty seasoning instead of the basics?

(1) (Reply)

Free Recipe Handbook Released ! / Get Your Catering Services For Your Event / Catering Work Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.