Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,992 members, 7,835,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Have You Ever Mimicked Or Nicknamed Your Teachers? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Have You Ever Mimicked Or Nicknamed Your Teachers? (154 Views)

October 5th Teachers Day: Put Down Favourite Quotes Of Your Teachers Back Then / Funny Nickname You Gave Your Teachers. / Teachers Day 2020: Celebrate Your Teachers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Mimicked Or Nicknamed Your Teachers? by Lukgaf(m): 3:00pm On Jan 01
It is not uncommon for students to mimic and give names to their teachers based on their teaching style and repeated phrases during lessons.

A friend shared a funny incident that occurred after their teaching practice (TP) at a school. During the "send forth" program, students were asked to mimic some of their TP teachers for fun. One student humorously imitated our colleague, complete with mimicking how he introduced his lessons and touching his moustaches simultaneously. The scenario was said to have brought laughter to everyone.

I believe positive mimicking is beneficial. It aids learning and helps students remember important information shared by the teacher. Positive mimicry can solidify important lessons from the teacher.

Many of our teachers have shared stories of how they, too, mimicked their teachers in a similar manner. Personally, I mimic teachers I admire (positively) and appreciate students who mimic me (positively). Recently, a student sent me a voice note of how I explained a concept in one of my videos from A to Z, showing their engagement.

However, giving teachers nicknames based on their teaching style or repeated phrases may not be appropriate.

Atimes to avoid being labeled with a nickname stemming from a funny incident in class, I make it clear, "that does not mean you should be calling me Mr (that thing) o." This helps set boundaries in a playful manner. Who knows if they would insist and include me in their nicknames?

How do you feel when your students mimic you?

Do you like it?

Have you ever been nicknamed by your students?

Lalasticlala
Re: Have You Ever Mimicked Or Nicknamed Your Teachers? by BRATISLAVA: 10:08am On Jan 02
Lukgaf:
It is not uncommon for students to mimic and give names to their teachers based on their teaching style and repeated phrases during lessons.

A friend shared a funny incident that occurred after their teaching practice (TP) at a school. During the "send forth" program, students were asked to mimic some of their TP teachers for fun. One student humorously imitated our colleague, complete with mimicking how he introduced his lessons and touching his moustaches simultaneously. The scenario was said to have brought laughter to everyone.

I believe positive mimicking is beneficial. It aids learning and helps students remember important information shared by the teacher. Positive mimicry can solidify important lessons from the teacher.

Many of our teachers have shared stories of how they, too, mimicked their teachers in a similar manner. Personally, I mimic teachers I admire (positively) and appreciate students who mimic me (positively). Recently, a student sent me a voice note of how I explained a concept in one of my videos from A to Z, showing their engagement.

However, giving teachers nicknames based on their teaching style or repeated phrases may not be appropriate.

Atimes to avoid being labeled with a nickname stemming from a funny incident in class, I make it clear, "that does not mean you should be calling me Mr (that thing) o." This helps set boundaries in a playful manner. Who knows if they would insist and include me in their nicknames?

How do you feel when your students mimic you?

Do you like it?

Have you ever been nicknamed by your students?

Lalasticlala

Well, I've banned a lot of them. They aren't names I'm proud to call anyone nowadays, but that was that.

Garlic tooth is one of them. You can guess why. Garlic breath, with teeth like mismatched hardening cloves.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Mimicked Or Nicknamed Your Teachers? by EverettPringle: 10:35am On Jan 02
Engaging in playful mimicry or nicknaming of teachers is a common and lighthearted aspect of student camaraderie. It often stems from the familiarity and comfort students develop with educators. However, it's essential to maintain respect and avoid crossing boundaries. For those interested in more thought-provoking discussions related to education, https://edubirdie.com/examples/school-shooting/ is a platform providing essay examples and insights. Just as the article touches on the dynamics of student-teacher interactions, EduBirdie offers a diverse range of educational resources for academic exploration.

(1) (Reply)

Vasco Da Gama's Voyage Ship / JAMB Announces 2024 Registration Dates – Start Your Preparation Now! / Sigma Club To Host National Quiz Competition For Secondary Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.