Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,958 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers (10410 Views)

We’re Ready To Be Aso Rock Sweepers, Miyetti Allah Begs Tinubu For Appointment / LAWMA Sweepers Get Free Breast, Cervical Cancer Screening, Treatment / Seyi Tinubu Put Smiles On Faces Of Lawma’s Sweepers, Distributes Palliatives+pho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by Oluwabash(m): 12:44pm On Jan 02
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has spread the festive cheer among the city's street sweepers and waste handlers, by approving an End of the Year bonus for them in appreciation of their critical role in keeping Lagos clean.

The announcement, made through the Managing Director/CEO of the Lagos Waste Management Authority (LAWMA), Dr. Muyiwa Gbadegesin, was received with much appreciation by the hard-working heroes and heroines of the city's waste management system.

He said, "Governor Sanwo-Olu acknowledges the tireless efforts of our street sweepers and waste handlers in maintaining a clean and healthy environment for Lagosians. This bonus is a gesture of gratitude for their dedication and commitment, especially during this festive season."

Gbadegesin stated that the bonus would impact the lives of the recipients and their families, bringing joy and relief during the season.

The news was met with jubilation among sanitation workforce, as they expressed appreciation for the Governor's gesture.

While wishing residents a happy and filth-free new year celebration, the LAWMA boss assured that the Authority would continue to consolidate on its efforts to make all parts of the state sustainably clean in 2024.

You would recall that Governor Sanwo-Olu also approved an End of the Year 2023 bonus for all public servants in the state, to appreciate them for their contributions to the advancement of the state.

For waste management related issues in your area, call LAWMA toll-free numbers - 07080601020 and 617.

Kadiri Folashade (Mrs.)
Director, Public Affairs
01/01/2024

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by EbiJUNIRO(m): 12:51pm On Jan 02
cool
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by Aplaudez(m): 3:09pm On Jan 02
Mtchew

4 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by kerry57: 3:10pm On Jan 02
Are will still at the end of the year? I am lost. Na when hunger go done finish some of them na him u dey approve bonus ni?

OGA park well ooo. Those sweepers' job is very risky. Make them happy always cos I seen that they mostly old women that don't want to be idle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by Jerk1: 3:10pm On Jan 02
On his....

11 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by ungara17: 3:10pm On Jan 02
It will not still change anything. Price of goods are too much.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by Eniolohunda: 3:10pm On Jan 02
They deserve it too, they are human like others. God bless Gov. Sanwo olu.

12 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by seguno2: 3:11pm On Jan 02
Oluwabash:
XYZ

If they are not earning the minimum wage of N360,000 per year, then what is the point of the bonus

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by tommy589(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02
Good one
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by atobs4real(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02
Atlast for LAWMA. Lawma shall shine
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by SavageMaster: 3:11pm On Jan 02
How much is the bonus?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by Edoreborn: 3:11pm On Jan 02
All thanks to former president Obasanjo,,I wonder if this was year 2000 that the mobile telecoms companies came to Nigeria,,it would have been sold for 1m naira for phone and sim 2m in order to deprive the poor again...All tnx obj...Set of greedy bastards
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by iamoyindamola(m): 3:12pm On Jan 02
Those people are trying honestly
It’s a nice gesture as majority of them have turn beggars on the street

7 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by nedu666: 3:12pm On Jan 02
Are they paid minimum wage?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by CoronaVirusPro: 3:12pm On Jan 02
Sanwo Olu can do all thing, but cannot get Agbero off Lagos roads!

Lagosians really miss Bubu Marwa! That dude cleared them all. It's hard to believe it was possible prior to his administration!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by dangotesmummy: 3:12pm On Jan 02
Aplaudez:
Mtchew
bad belle.na that bitterness go kill you.alaseju undecided

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by Higherthan: 3:13pm On Jan 02
Igbos governors should learn how to govern,
Floor is open for you to lament as usual.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by dangotesmummy: 3:14pm On Jan 02
CoronaVirusPro:
Sanwo Olu can do all thing, but cannot get Agbero off Lagos roads!

Lagosians really miss Bubu Marwa! That dude cleared them all. It's hard to believe it was possible prior to his administration!
yinmu.how has your own leadership positively impacted your small community because talk is cheap.criticism is the easiest thing to do

5 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by money121(m): 3:14pm On Jan 02
Congrat

Another Reason why you need to Support my Roofing Business

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by bigdammyj: 3:14pm On Jan 02
Noted.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by rocknation62(m): 3:14pm On Jan 02
Na tax go collect the bonus!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by dangotesmummy: 3:15pm On Jan 02
Higherthan:
Igbos governors should learn how to govern,
Floor is open for you to lament as usual.
them don flood here as usual wailing in bitter pain

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by CoronaVirusPro: 3:17pm On Jan 02
dangotesmummy:
yinmu.how has your own leadership positively impacted your small community because talk is cheap.criticism is the easiest thing to do

Silly excuse! Am I a public servant? Do I have constitutional rights to create and enforce laws?

Y`all just be giving excuses for failure!

The whole Lagos is littered with touts extorting hardworking Lagos Lagosians, and here you are, talking about my own leadership accomplishment's!

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by paranorman(m): 3:18pm On Jan 02
When I see folks do things I can never do, or even think of doing, I respect them a lot. I respect folks that keep the system running. Thank you Gov.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by humberjade: 3:19pm On Jan 02
kerry57:
Are will still at the end of the year? I am lost. Na when hunger go done finish some of them na him u dey approve bonus ni?

OGA park well ooo. Those sweepers' job is very risky. Make them happy always cos I seen that they mostly old women that don't want to be idle.

Left to me, it is better they get the money now than over the festive period, Nigerians are wasteful during that period. It's now that the bills start rolling in, rents and school fees. So it is a welcome development if you ask me.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by Melagros(m): 3:20pm On Jan 02
The managing director of the lawma, Dr muyiwa is the one sitting/ benefiting on the sweat of those workers God go punish am one day.
Those workers are really trying
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by AfahaAbia(m): 3:20pm On Jan 02
This sweepers should be paid very well.. They risk their life everyday on the road doing this job. Atleast 60k will be a great motivation for them

2 Likes

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by Faposky95: 3:21pm On Jan 02
By the way , what is the bonus....?!
It's no your personal money....is it.......?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Approves Bonus For LAWMA Sweepers by ILoveNG: 3:22pm On Jan 02
Governor sanwo-olu always in the news for good reasons. The same Governor Sanwo-olu they wanted to “boot out” (in Aisha yusuf’s voice)

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Simon Achuba Vows Not To Resign As Kogi Deputy Governor / Rochas Foundation Kicks Off Programme To Get 10 Million Kids Into Schools / Amnesty International: Boko Haram, Military Killing Aged People Indiscriminately

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.