Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,620 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Dear Creatives, This Is For You - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Dear Creatives, This Is For You (183 Views)

Let's Handle Your Design Creatives / Illustrators Thread And Likemind Creatives / New Whatsapp Group For Designer And Creatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Dear Creatives, This Is For You by Klastivity: 2:35pm On Jan 02
Season greetings and a happy new year 🎊💐 to the creatives in the house.
Here are few things I believe we really need to the in this new year.
- We need to tell our story out there no matter how small it is. Post your content out there on social media platform (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Behance, dribble, etc. The reason is because it is why you're unique and different. We can't always think the same way, be it novice or expert on your field.
- Follow people that does same thing you do and better than you on social media platforms, comment on their post and ask questions. It really help and also get their attention.
- Attend classes/seminars that are supportive especially in your niche. I know few brands that even promote masterclasses so creative can come together and even invite top creative to interact with everyone.
- Join a community of creatives(both around your environment and online). Alot of opportunities are here. Sometimes, we do have a project we work on and jobs comes in; we do need people that can come onboard for such project to make it easier and burden less.
- Create a portfolio, weather it's free work or create something from inspiration online. Try craete something and put all of them together for reference sake.
- Have a hobby: No matter how creative you are, the brain need refreshment. Take a walk sometimes to relax and refresh yourself, sign up for the gym, go for swimming, dance and party sometimes might also help; even reading and watching movies also is a good one. Always try to refresh the brain.
- Note down every idea that comes. We are always carried away; so we forget some ideas and even get carried away by work.
- Collaboration will also help. Sometimes, creatives also follow me to location to see how set-up are done. Lightening, sound, directing, etc. This things are experience that really help when you're doing your own project. I even reached out to perklin andAkin Alabi too if I can come to his set when shooting a musical video and the response was when the time come, they will let me know...
I was thinking we should create the community here, let everyone introduce thereself and what they do, then we can continue if it is on other platform, that will be an awesome experience...
BIG 2024, No gree for anybody...
We're making it big time mhen!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Dear Creatives, This Is For You by Phemysam19(m): 1:48pm On Feb 04
Good day sir. I have been trying to reach out to you. Do you still use this WhatsApp number: 0814 889 5570?

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Amazing Social Media Designs And Videos By Yours Truly / Help Needed!!!! / Freelance Graphic Designer Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.