Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker (13447 Views)

"It is null and void": Edison Ehie Faults Rivers Assembly's Overriding Of Fubara / Rivers Assembly: Faction Elects Ehie Edison, Fubara Congratulates New 'Speaker' / Francis Akubueze Is New Substantive Clerk Of The Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Justiceori2019(m): 5:18pm On Jan 02
DISCLAIMER ON THE LETTER PURPORTEDLY WRITTEN BY RT. HON. EDISON EHIE DSSRS- MEMBER REPRESENTING AHOADA EAST CONSTITUENCY

The attention of the Rivers State House of Assembly has been drawn to a letter dated 29 December, 2023, addressed to the Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and circulating in the media. It was purportedly written and signed by Rt. Hon. Edison Ehie DSSRS - member representing Ahoada East Constituency II in the Rivers State of Assembly wherein he claimed to have resigned from the position of the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, an office he never occupied.

2. I am therefore directed to call on the good people of Rivers State to disregard the false claim in this letter that is intended to mislead the unsuspecting public. Rt. Hon. Edison Ehie DSSRS was never at any time in the life of the Rivers State House of Assembly elected a Speaker. The Office of the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly is a creation of the 1999 Constitution (As altered) and should not be ridiculed by any member who swore to preserve it and abide by the Constitution.

3. As a matter of fact, on Monday, the 5° day of June, 2023, after the proclamation of the
10° Rivers State House of Assembly by the Governor, and in line with Section 92 (1) of the
1999 Constitution (As altered), I, as the then Acting Clerk of the House, conducted the election that produced Rt. Hon. Martin Chike Amaewhule, DSSRS, as the Speaker of the
10 Rivers State House of Assembly by the unanimous votes of all other thirty-one (31) members sitting and present.
It is also imperative to state that, from the 5* day of June, 2023, when he was elected till today, Rt. Hon. Martin Chike Amaewhule DSSRS, has been performing his duties as the Speaker.

4. I am further directed to use this medium to advise and warn all purveyors of misleading information against the House to desist forthwith and also call on security agencies to act accordingly in order to ensure the rule of law.

5. This disclaimer is therefore intended to set the records straight and for the avoidance of doubt from the public that the House is empowered to legislate for.

6. The Public is implored to take note accordingly.

Signed..
Mr. Emeka Amadi PhD
Clerk
Rivers State House of Assembly.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by atiku4President(m): 5:31pm On Jan 02
The fight is far from being over.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Akaegwu(m): 5:37pm On Jan 02
Lost battle. Go to court

2 Likes

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by vanitybutiwanti: 5:41pm On Jan 02
Nice one from the clerk, he was never speaker, he would have stayed back to explain to judges in the Appeal and Supreme court on how he became speaker, he knew his fate, that's why he hurriedly resigned

fergie001 mynd44

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by HitRun(m): 5:48pm On Jan 02
Does that mean Rivers have no appropriation law for 2024?

2 Likes

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by PressMyButton: 5:51pm On Jan 02
Akaegwu:
Lost battle. Go to court
The battle has already been won, Fubara has officialy recognized Amawhule as the Speaker. The news would very soon get to the media. The peace pact would be implemented fully.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by PressMyButton: 5:56pm On Jan 02
vanitybutiwanti:
Nice one from the clerk, he was never speaker, he would have stayed back to explain to judges in the Appeal and Supreme court on how he became speaker, he knew his fate, that's why he hurriedly resigned

Ehie was an illegal speaker, Fubara knew that too which was why he compensated him with a new position. The clark has hit the final nail.

15 Likes

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by vanitybutiwanti: 5:59pm On Jan 02
HitRun:
yes

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by PressMyButton: 6:00pm On Jan 02
HitRun:
It'd be re-presented to the house.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by TruthsFM: 6:00pm On Jan 02
Wetin this one dey talk. I just dey laugh. Governor Fubara don win the war hard. This one is just deceiving himself here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by jkpbestseries: 6:02pm On Jan 02
keep explaining
Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Thisis2raw(m): 7:21pm On Jan 02
I have never seen a man that is so ungrateful like Sim.
Three months into your govt, you started fighting who brought you to power.
They are saying no Godfatherism in rivers state.
But we accept the fact you need someone to help you grow in life.
Who amongst you that support Sim can be honest and say he/she knows Sim poor to the primaries that made him pdp candidate?

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Melagros(m): 7:27pm On Jan 02
atiku4President:
The fight is far from being over.
I dey tell you

1 Like

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Cyberterror: 7:55pm On Jan 02
When Sim Fubara bows before Speaker Martins Amaewhule during his representation of the budget due soon, I wonder what those still holding on to the fading hope of a war between Fubara and Wike will do.

President Tinubu has overcome his enemies once again.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by vanitybutiwanti: 8:27pm On Jan 02
Thisis2raw:
Who amongst you that support Sim can be honest and say he/she knows Sim poor to the primaries that made him pdp candidate?
Don't mind blind and unreasonable individuals on the Internet, they let their hatred for wike influence their sense of reasoning, after this incidence do you think wike would want to help anybody again, I wonder if they will react the same way if they are treated in a similar manner in real life. The man paid people to protest and insult wike, and you say such a man is a good person.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by richidinho(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02
Can we see the most recent court order?

Did the court recognize the Edison faction or not?
Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Indispensable85(m): 8:37pm On Jan 02
Very well said
Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by tesppidd: 8:39pm On Jan 02
Thisis2raw:
Law of karma in full play.

What gives anybody the right to bring anyone to power or make anyone governor?
Is that the democracy?

What gives any man the right to buy form for everyone contesting in his party? Not with his personal money but money meant to provide for poor Rivers people?

Because you helped a man to power,

You will choose 30 assembly members for him.
Choose 95 percent of his commissioners for him.
Choose chief of staff for him.
Choose Chief security officer for him.
Still be collecting money.

Habaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Whatever happened serves Wike right. That one na small sef.

In short Fubara wasted too much time. He should have started the fight after 2 weeks.

Wike wanted to be third term governor.

Call Fubara ungrateful, I call Wike greedy.

Me I have never seen anyone as greedy as Wike.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by moodyguy: 9:32pm On Jan 02
Thisis2raw:
IS this NYESOM WIKE?

2 Likes

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Whalis: 10:12pm On Jan 02
TruthsFM:
Wetin this one dey talk. I just dey laugh. Governor Fubara don win the war hard. This one is just deceiving himself here.
IPOB how did Fubara win?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Googledotcom: 10:44pm On Jan 02
Thisis2raw:
If you help a friend financially to marry, will you still help him to sleep with his wife or you'll allow him run his home ?

5 Likes

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Forumites: 4:11am On Jan 03
Men just dey loose their jobs because of one power wielding 70 year old cask whiskey drinkers in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by sammyj: 4:16am On Jan 03
grin grin shocked Choi Wetin Musa no go see for gate. This Rivers case is looking like a joke or Scsm !!
Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by adecz: 4:28am On Jan 03
Wike don scatter Rivers State.

He doesn't want anybody to mess
with his "structure"😁😁😁

Fubara sef, you can't sign agreement
with devil 👿 & change mind when devil
come to collect

1 Like

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by chidiakwari: 4:34am On Jan 03
Rivers should go and learn from Delta State. Look at Warri cheesy it’s only Okada and transport business that’s left in the state.

If Rivers keeps causing instability in the state, they should be ready for the repercussions.

4 Likes

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by HAICHCONCEPTZZ(m): 4:35am On Jan 03
The fact remains, it’s too early for sim to pick a fight with his master wike. I hope he finishes well and gets second term. 😆

1 Like

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by bassdow: 4:39am On Jan 03
Tinubu kept to Agreement, but newCommer Fubara couldn't keep his less than 3-months into his tenure. One would think Tinubu, and/ or Wike, lasted this long in Politics by not keeping to agreements.

My own be say, never start wetin you no go easily finish AND for this Rivers matter, those involved, are much more than those we hearing on media. WIKE na just the top person.

Wike did same thing Fubara did, but succeeded, hopefully, Fubarra succeeds, else him condition go dey like...

3 Likes

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by aribisala0(m): 4:41am On Jan 03
TruthsFM:
I think YOU are the one deceiving yourself

The speaker remains unchanged and Fubara will go and bow literally in front of him to present the budget properly
I am sure Tinubu warned him to forget about any Federal allocation unless he complies and we know Rivers state cannot survive without allocation

4 Likes

Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by bassdow: 4:45am On Jan 03
aribisala0:
I think YOU are the one deceiving yourself

The speaker remains unchanged and Fubara will go and bow literally in front of him to present the budget properly
I am sure Tinubu warned him to forget about any Federal allocation unless he complies and we know Rivers state cannot survive without allocation

Really!!!
Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by bassdow: 4:45am On Jan 03
[quote author=bassdow post=127751626][/quote]
[quote author=bassdow post=127751627][/quote]
Re: Clerk Of Rivers Assembly Says Hon Edison Ehie Was Not Elected Speaker by Whalis: 4:53am On Jan 03
Impersonation.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

''FG Cannot Sleep With Eyes Closed Because Of The Media" - Lai Mohammed / Adeyanju: APC Encouraging Looting With ₦100 Million Presidential Nomination Form / GEJ's Strategic Plan For 2015 Election Victory - Leaked By Cramjones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.