Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? (9974 Views)

At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? / At What Age Did You Make Your First N100,000? / Tips To Help You Land A Good Job In 1 Month Or Less (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Crucialgem(m): 10:52pm On Jan 03
Can't even say if I have gotten a job because .I have not been on a payroll for good 7 month straight and I am 27 now right since when. I graduated at 22. I have don 3 job in between
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Orelafintun: 10:59pm On Jan 03
28yr
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by oloruntosinlove(f): 11:01pm On Jan 03
I started my white collar job at age 27,
but before then I was helping kids in my area as a private tutor, did lil catering here and there.
But we thank goodness for career development
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by bridgetowo: 11:01pm On Jan 03
Being a Nigerian is a job started from birth.

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by spencekat(m): 11:04pm On Jan 03
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by PrinceOfLagos: 11:24pm On Jan 03
Moyinoluwa35:
At 24 , got an opportunity to apply for airforce direct short service

Hi, can we be friends? I hope you are loyal cool
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by maik99(m): 11:34pm On Jan 03
Moyinoluwa35:

You are a professional? Do you go to the field?
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Henri244: 11:36pm On Jan 03
I landed a while collar Federal job at 21. It's been gratitude ever since.
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Lamas2012(m): 12:16am On Jan 04
At 18 as a teacher I was retained to teach as a maths teacher....but today I am looking for a lecturing Job still no luck angry
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:50am On Jan 04
Unprofessional job β€” 15 (was fresh out of high school).

Professional job β€” 25.
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Administration1: 2:59am On Jan 04
Moyinoluwa35:

You are lying

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by SavageMaster: 3:28am On Jan 04
Sirchiboy:
Not yet gotten job.
40 and I haven't work before πŸ˜‚

I got my first job at 17, almost immediately I finished my SSCE.

It was as a Chemistry teacher in a lesson centre. The centre was owned by one of my secondary school seniors.

I worked there for few months and earned my first salary there before entering the university

Sadly, my guy died in the UK during the COVID period
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by PDPGuy: 3:31am On Jan 04
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by FuckYeyeMods: 4:37am On Jan 04
Umueme:

"Never argue with a fool, he'll drag you down to his class and beat you with experience "
This your quote makes too much sense...
Distance yourself from lowlife. They will drag you down to their class and beat you at it. You will become miserable trying to figure out what is realy happening.
Unnecessary malice, Unnecessary attitude and unnecessary behaviour.
You will be left wondering how can such a lowlife keep malice with you. But what that person is doing is to get you notice them and from there, they will plan their next move.
Never give them the room in the first place.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Abee79(m): 5:24am On Jan 04
16 cool
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Btruth: 6:17am On Jan 04
17. Though as an assistant store keeper @ a leather factory company in Sokoto.
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Fatheemah(f): 7:33am On Jan 04
Same here, made me feel somehow in the past but now my foodstuffs business ni koko
Sirchiboy:
Not yet gotten job.
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Bobloco: 7:39am On Jan 04
Vinnie2000:

@17years in 1976.

I was in the Streets in CHICAGO with Druggie Ebola, selling Crack. embarassed undecided undecided

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by warrifinest1985: 7:43am On Jan 04
I got my first job at 18 more than 20 years back, because i wanted to buy my first phone, i was paid 5k monthly, and i bought my first motorolla phone for 5k then with a glo line and i quit the job after buying the phone. Funny huh? Lol lol that time midnight call is free from 12 midnight, we non dey sleep for night then na steady free call till day break. I remember my first girlfriend then night calls with her was fun.
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 7:51am On Jan 04
Moyinoluwa35:

Are u still in the air force....
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Gentlesoul2021(m): 8:05am On Jan 04
Sirchiboy:
Not yet gotten job.

Started labour job in 2008 and I stopped in 2018 just a year to end my university education. This is what I used to hold body and soul during those time at school. I have done different kind of odd jobs. Factory, block industry, rental service, site work, tiles work, worked in a farm etc...

In 2019, just after my final year examination I got a paid job in a warehouse as a storekeeper with a salary of 50k while waiting for NYSC mobilisation and in 2020 I got mobilised...

After NYSC in Feb 2021, took me 20 months to land a paid employment in Oct 2022 thou I was in a volunteering role. Resigned after 6 months of landing this job in Mar 2023 because of the toxicity of the work environment. I was drained physically and mentally had to flee for my life....

I am now into buying and selling while also looking for opportunities. The goals is to keep pushing. No room for excuses.....

3 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by DEFENCE4000(m): 8:46am On Jan 04
I secured my first job @24 years immediately after NYSC it's a State Government job and after 5 months I get FG job.God have been really kind to me.

2 Likes

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Narnah(f): 8:58am On Jan 04
I think that should be at 16, a shop manager role while awaiting admission πŸ˜‚.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by MrJARG(m): 9:31am On Jan 04
23 as sales boy at bookshop, T'was part time job because i was still in uni by then. I was overworked and underpaid...
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by cenaman(m): 9:58am On Jan 04
tommy589:
17,salary job with annual leave
6months annual leave twice in a year grin
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by HarsharGoon(m): 10:01am On Jan 04
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by winner37(m): 10:13am On Jan 04
I was 16 as a gate keeper working under Iron Gate Sercurity Company,EKET with 10,000 naira salary...
One day , a big man came to booked the hotel I was working,he called me and asked how old i am because i was too small to be a gate keeper...

Thank God for me my life today πŸ™

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by rafcrown(m): 10:17am On Jan 04
Indians and racism and maltreatment of NigeriansΒΏ
slaawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

Got my first job when I was 20 at one integrated power project under marubeni that are into electricity in Benin city

Was under some fuckkking expatriate
Some Indians, Thailand, Malaysia and some Pakistan

Could not tolerate the Indian admin no more

Then I saved and gathered my salary and told them goodbye

Bought a laptop and started keyboarding
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by cardoctor(m): 10:22am On Jan 04
At the age of 5. I was the houseboy in my father's house and the plate washer in my mother's restaurant.
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by PinkNature: 10:31am On Jan 04
@20 as a secondary school subjects teacher.

Wasn't an easy experience overall, but it did led to a lot of personal development.
Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by bonnyhope: 10:59am On Jan 04
Eriokanmi:
The most ripe/mature age to land a 1st job after graduation

But at this age banks job don pass you by o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At What Age Did You Land Your First Job? by Lanmonfarm: 11:27am On Jan 04

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must References Appear In Every CV? / The Federal Government Of Nigeria RECRUITMENT - 2019 / I Just Received An Invitation For A Job Interview.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.