Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,819 members, 7,817,385 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished (22524 Views)

Igwe Kenneth Orizu: Why I Abolished Osu Caste System / Ritual Rites Held To Welcome Oba Of Lagos And His Staff Of Office / Osu Caste System Abolished In Irete, Owerri West LGA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by saleh542: 1:37pm On Jan 04
MONICA here I COME[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#006600][/color]
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by maivd: 2:02pm On Jan 04
wonder233:
Again, nothing intelligent to say other than "culture".. Culture like you defined is a way of life, something thought of as the best way to live at a particular point in time. That way of life ought to be continually revisited and improved or discarded, but never static. You want to be static, yet want to enjoy the improvements others have made, hence you beg, crawl, pray for visa.
Throwing tantrum of lgtbq as blackmail, cos you have nothing intelligent to say. Subhuman
I knew I touched a nerve when I mentioned lgbtq not to worry you gay secrets are safe.

Germany

Oktoberfest

Kaffee und Kuchen’,

Polterabend: German weddings carry many unique traditions, one of which is called polterabend. On the night before a wedding, guests shatter porcelain at the couple’s feet to bring luck.

French
If invited into a French home, it’s customary to bring a small gift such as chocolates, flowers, or candies

To know when to start eating or how to eat certain foods, observe what the host does.

French tradition. It’s considered very rude not to say hello, goodbye, and merci to the staff.

Italy

Showing respect is especially important when in the presence of an elder. Typically, greetings are a kiss on both cheeks, standing when an elder enters the room.

Italians won’t choose Fridays as the day to say, “I do.” It is said that evil spirits are created on this day of the week.

Having good luck is important for Italian families. The groom should carry a small piece of iron in the pocket of his suit to keep evil spirits from spoiling the day while the bride should make a small tear in her veil that is said to bring the best of luck.

Here are some of your idols who keep there cultures static. You are just a retard whose life has bn rocked by inferiority complex. Enjoy your lgbtq nonsense.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by MMempire(m): 2:03pm On Jan 04
Carot:
I get one idoma gal but she like pussysucking. Make I give u?
Thanks, but no. I no dey give head and I no go ever try am, so make the girl dey her dey.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by adecz: 2:05pm On Jan 04
Abrahamweb:

Lie
The ancestors is meant to protect not to hurt you.
If your pocket no reach, ancestors will not ask.
You don ever hear of person wey go native doctor and then ask to bring physical sacrifice that he cannot afford?
It's only in western/Arabic religion their gods no dey care o.

Ancestors must be given their respect
for their descendants to enjoy the protection.

If a dead soldier commands 21 gun salute,
nor go give am 5 gun salute because
bullets don cost.

Tradition is tradition.

Till today, several cultures still secretly
bury their kings or chiefs with human
heads.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by wonder233: 2:18pm On Jan 04
None of what you cited as traditions from various western climes is held sacred. The French, Italian,, German can still function without doing those things. But you can't, because you're held hostage by your mind, same as all around you, so collectively, your society is one big mental prison.
About lgtbq that you keep bringing up. Lets settle that one dis way: please bring your wife or adult sister to cohabit with me for a few days grin
maivd:

I knew I touched a nerve when I mentioned lgbtq not to worry you gay secrets are safe.

Germany

Oktoberfest

Kaffee und Kuchen’,

Polterabend: German weddings carry many unique traditions, one of which is called polterabend. On the night before a wedding, guests shatter porcelain at the couple’s feet to bring luck.

French
If invited into a French home, it’s customary to bring a small gift such as chocolates, flowers, or candies

To know when to start eating or how to eat certain foods, observe what the host does.

French tradition. It’s considered very rude not to say hello, goodbye, and merci to the staff.

Italy

Showing respect is especially important when in the presence of an elder. Typically, greetings are a kiss on both cheeks, standing when an elder enters the room.

Italians won’t choose Fridays as the day to say, “I do.” It is said that evil spirits are created on this day of the week.

Having good luck is important for Italian families. The groom should carry a small piece of iron in the pocket of his suit to keep evil spirits from spoiling the day while the bride should make a small tear in her veil that is said to bring the best of luck.

Here are some of your idols who keep there cultures static. You are just a retard whose life has bn rocked by inferiority complex. Enjoy your lgbtq nonsense.

Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Kasdat5(m): 2:24pm On Jan 04
id4sho:

Whether na bonnet, abeg reserve for me.
Boss, drop more road trip na

Because of you , I'll drop some Xmas special . I was of abandoning the diary sef .
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by DaddyGngeess(m): 2:28pm On Jan 04
Carot:
ene sabi suck?

So that is the only good thing you think a woman can do right? Anyway i am too old for that shit now so i don't need it alright, have a lovely day.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by id4sho(m): 2:31pm On Jan 04
Kasdat5:

Because of you , I'll drop some Xmas special . I was of abandoning the diary sef .
You are doing well cheesy

Make I buy popcorn begin chop wink
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by maivd: 2:51pm On Jan 04
wonder233:
None of what you cited as traditions from various western climes is held sacred. The French, Italian,, German can still function without doing those things. But you can't, because you're held hostage by your mind, same as all around you, so collectively, your society is one big mental prison.
About lgtbq that you keep bringing up. Lets settle that one dis way: please bring your wife or adult sister to cohabit with me for a few days grin
Stop hiding behind a finger... those things I listed are sacred,because you don't even know they exist. We know lgbtq runs in your blood. We don't fuucck with minions
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Chochovini: 3:15pm On Jan 04
lawalosky:
Igbo should emulate
. Igbos? Ha. For where? The least bride prize in Mbaise, Imo State I heard is N3.5M.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by motta(m): 3:27pm On Jan 04
The cost of the list nko,
I mean the items wey go still cost 3m+
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Fedric209: 3:30pm On Jan 04
sterlingD:
The one on costly burial rites comes to mind

My brother, i wish this could be applied in Delta state... Especially the Urhobo/Isoko speaking part..

You will a poor man preparing for burial of his mother or mother inlaw,, yet that poor man is nothing to write home about. Facing difficulty to pay his rent, and to feed, and yet he will be stressing himself to entertain the guest coming for burial... cool cool

This has made a lot of our boys go into all forms of fraudulent vices just to show up to others...

My brother this law should be applied to all tribes especially in the niger delta region..

May God help us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Onojafrank(m): 3:44pm On Jan 04
[quote author=ImoleNaija post=127771174]#50k?

How much una dey bill before?[/quote

Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by TheZeezle(m): 3:46pm On Jan 04
AderonkeOlaniyi:
In Ado-Ekiti, our bride price is not up to 20k
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by ImoleNaija: 3:46pm On Jan 04
Onojafrank:

Lobatan angry
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by TheZeezle(m): 3:46pm On Jan 04
If you are the one on d profile pic, u be my spec. Make i shoot you a shot?

AderonkeOlaniyi:
In Ado-Ekiti, our bride price is not up to 20k
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by plessis: 4:18pm On Jan 04
wonder233:
Blacks! There is no price on a human being - whether literal or figurative. Marriage is simply the verbal declaration of intent by two adults that have come of age that they want to spend their lives together in the presence of witnesses. Simple!.

Subhumans will come under this mention and start frothing in the mouth about how dare you talk against their sacred brideprice. But ask a Nigerian or a black African what brideprice really means and how it came about, he has nothing to say other than hurl shallow emotive invectives about tradition..

Well said.
Culture is mass delusion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by pacespot(m): 4:19pm On Jan 04
Nice move 👍
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Smithwilliams826: 5:28pm On Jan 04
Kloenboi:
You guys should look for measures to stop the onslaught on Benue indigents by the Fulani herders.

Na girl wey dey alive go marry!
carry am go aboki thread grin
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Smithwilliams826: 5:30pm On Jan 04
Giftedhand47:
I track lost or stolen devices or phones at an affordable price
It all starts with a Trial
Contact me via signature below
Let me save this Incase...
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by wonder233: 6:49pm On Jan 04
Oga, bring your wife come na... Too much talk no dey fill basket
maivd:

Stop hiding behind a finger... those things I listed are sacred,because you don't even know they exist. We know lgbtq runs in your blood. We don't fuucck with minions
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Nzogbu2012: 6:51pm On Jan 04
I'm expecting one tribe from the Poto Poto region to do the same....they have successfully abolished and modified all their cultural rite except Bride Price... they sustain it as a means to defraud ignorant grooms from. other tribe...
It is better to pay 1-3k and have overnight fucking with some of the Olosho daughters than to ask their hands in marriage...one is cheaper and quicker than.the other

Wisdom will not kill me...

1 Like

Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by ottersberger(m): 8:15pm On Jan 04
thatigboman:
bride price in my hometown in imo state is N175.00

Right!. And another 3-4 million to fulfil the unending rubbish written in those lists, including walking stick and female underpants for the mother-in-law.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Rumundele(m): 8:18pm On Jan 04
ImoleNaija:
#50k?

How much una dey bill before?
#150k-#200k, i paid 150k for my wife
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Lanre1979: 8:48pm On Jan 04
This is still okay. A ethnic group I don't want to mention here always use the bride price to make money. That is the reason their men always marry late.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Lanre1979: 9:02pm On Jan 04
In Igboland, I don't think you are telling the truth.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Lanre1979: 9:05pm On Jan 04
Objectivist04:

Is not a must to marry from lgbo land by the way, wheelbarrow pushers, bus conductors, roadside hawkers are getting married in lgbo land. I don't know where you people got this notion .
How come most of your men marry late?
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Lanre1979: 9:11pm On Jan 04
Objectivist04:

What many f00ls don't know is that in Igbo culture, the parents of the bride spends more than the groom in most cases. When parents buy fridges , motorcycles, cushion chairs, GP tanks , kitchen utensils etc to settle their daughter and you are still crying about what the groom spent which more of it are not even mandatory but just for self ego
Eg in most Igbo traditional marriages these days cows are slaughtered whereas the mandatory animal is just goat. Well, am talking from enugu perspective, don't know about others
This is a contradiction. In Igbo marriage, the groom shouldered all the expenses after paying the bride price.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Lanre1979: 9:16pm On Jan 04
Objectivist04:

The only thing is that the cheap lady is likely to give you children fathered by other men.

Cheap things are really costly.
You are totally wrong with this submission. Yorubas don't sell their daughters all in the name of collecting brideprice.
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by Advancedman(m): 9:19pm On Jan 04
wonder233:
Blacks! There is no price on a human being - whether literal or figurative. Marriage is simply the verbal declaration of intent by two adults that have come of age that they want to spend their lives together in the presence of witnesses. Simple!.

Subhumans will come under this mention and start frothing in the mouth about how dare you talk against their sacred brideprice. But ask a Nigerian or a black African what brideprice really means and how it came about, he has nothing to say other than hurl shallow emotive invectives about tradition..

God bless you but the funny thing is the same person that is being humiliated and dehumanize that will still be crying if he love me he will pay anything on my head.
The painful part is those pastors claiming they are new creature are even setting demonic standards for men such as what kind of apartment the man should have while being an hypocrite.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by ImoleNaija: 9:45pm On Jan 04
Re: Idoma Traditional Bride Price Is ₦50,000, Costly Burial Rites Abolished by ImoleNaija: 9:47pm On Jan 04
Rumundele:

#150k-#200k, i paid 150k for my wife

I paid ₦5k grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ibadan 32 Kings: Olubadan-in-council Disagrees With Olubadan, Backs Governor / The Biology Behind Light Skin Complexion Born And Bred Africans. / Akwa Ibom State Carnival 2017 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.