Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) (53551 Views)

$28m Rolls Royce Boat-Tail: World's Most Expensive Car (Photos) / Hyundai Kona: Nigeria Unveils First Locally-Assembled Electric Car (Photos) / Ifeanyichukwu Hezekiah, Ugwu Stephen, Amalum Chikamso's Locally Made Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Fearyourcreator: 5:45pm On Jan 03
SharingIsLife:

You think he did what he did without any support from his community? There is a reason why government exists. If government cannot play its role, then there is no reason why we should have government.
Which community support am? Dey lie yourself
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Metrofox(m): 5:51pm On Jan 03
grin grin of course we keep sabotaging ourselves upon trivial issues like tribe and religion. No ship can sail forward when all the men are poking holes into it from within just because the captain is not from their family. We either split quietly or stay and sink together
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by zoedew: 5:57pm On Jan 03
He did his bit while alive. He had a white lady for a personal assistant. He was a successful businessman and scientist! He lived a righteous life. He represented Ideato well to his world.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by MyExpression(m): 5:57pm On Jan 03
IjebuWarrior:

Igbo trademark

Chinese trademark also...but they are the current world's economic giant.

From inferior products at the beginning...then Japan had more durable products...but with continued government support, they grew and became better at all things tech.
Huawei 5G innovation is a product of the efforts of yesteryears.
Chinese BYD electric vehicle is miles ahead of Tesla.

3 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Cantonese: 5:58pm On Jan 03
Raskimonojendor:

Good for him but you conveniently cropped out some issues.

Reassemble of Renault and Peugeot 504. Maybe that's why it suffered setback. Copyright theft issues likely.

It may not be copyright.

Car manufacturers share certain parts with each other, as they have the same parts coming from the same suppliers.

For instance, I used to have a BMW 3 series many years ago. The same car shared parts with a Mercedes model. I only found out when the mechanic collected the same from the Mercedes mechanic and it was the same.

Truly, aside from Nigeria, certain people must not come around you. They kill ideas.

Go to some ministries and parastatals today with a proposal. If you are asked to drop it and come back, you just gifted someone your idea. They simply copy it and submit. They get the approvals for themselves. When you return to check, they hand over your documents to you and tell you that they were not accepted by oga. The next, you’ll find someone carrying out the job with another name.

The life sometimes feels like a jungle!

3 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by OblorOblor: 6:08pm On Jan 03
Had the rare privilege of a handshake with him as a teenager. God bless his soul.

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Pennilessword1: 6:15pm On Jan 03
IjebuWarrior:

Igbo trademark

At least produce one from anything you can lay your hands on lets see..i mean anything o

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Pennilessword1: 6:17pm On Jan 03
MyExpression:

Chinese trademark also...but they are the current world's economic giant.

From inferior products at the beginning...then Japan had more durable products...but with continued government support, they grew and became better at all things tech.
Huawei 5G innovation is a product of the efforts of yesteryears

Why are you answering a tribal bigot....let him wallow in his hate..even pin he can't produce. Don't explain or give insights to anyone...let them keep hating. Na ourselves we dey do

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by XAUBulls: 6:21pm On Jan 03
SharingIsLife:

Sir, the Autonov 1 was a great invention. I'm very happy to know about it. And I'm grateful to you for sharing it. But, try to understand why, not only AfricaFactZone but also Wikipedia says that Z-600 was the first fully indigenous car made in Nigeria. It's because over 90% of Z-600 parts were sourced locally but Autonov 1 was made from an abandoned Leyland Jeep.

Whatever be the case, both Autonov 1 and Z-600 and more and more prove that Nigeria has been a dream killer for a long time.
I appreciate you for the perspectives you have here. Regardless those Wikipedia entries and other online sources were NOT entirely correct or accurate.

Prof. Awojobi also got car parts that he sourced or fabricated locally aside from the Leyland chassis. Most modern vehicle manufacturers today source parts from different parts of the world. If Prof. Awojobi, a Mechanical Engineer at UNILAG was alive and had NOT passed on in 1984, he would have come out to fight the misinformation. Izuogo himself got some car parts from existing sources. He unfortunately had his workshop burgled and car items stolen in Owerri.

Indeed, I'm fully aware of Izuogu's 1997 invention and it was featured in a 1997 BBC Focus on Africa magazine which I still have in my pocession. Just like you said, credit must be given to both innovative car inventors... But the historical FACTS about Professor Awojobi's Autonov1 car which he invented in the 1970s so that it could be driven from the FRONT and also from the BACK must be clearly stated as a first in Nigeria.

=> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonov_1

All the best.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by cybergawd: 7:11pm On Jan 03
I remember this man... you're absolutely right. It was all over the news, then.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Ensa777(f): 7:25pm On Jan 03
WHAT iM saying is that the armed men are today ppls revered grandpa and greatgrand parents whom they'd eulogise amidst fanfare when they die.
Uwa di egwu mehn! cool
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by worried222: 7:31pm On Jan 03
XAUBulls:

I appreciate you for the perspectives you have here. Regardless those Wikipedia entries and other online sources were NOT entirely correct or accurate.

Prof. Awojobi also got car parts that he sourced or fabricated locally aside from the Leyland chassis. Most modern vehicle manufacturers today source parts from different parts of the world. If Prof. Awojobi, a Mechanical Engineer at UNILAG was alive and had NOT passed on in 1984, he would have come out to fight the misinformation. Ezeugo himself got some car parts from existing sources. He unfortunately had his workshop burgled and car items stolen in Owerri.

Indeed, I'm fully aware of Ezeugo's 1997 invention and it was featured in a 1997 BBC Focus on Africa magazine which I still have in my pocession. Just like you said, credit must be given to both innovative car inventors... But the historical FACTS about Professor Awojobi's Autonov1 car which he invented in the 1970s so that it could be driven from the FRONT and also from the BACK must be clearly stated as a first in Nigeria.

=> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autonov_1

All the best.

Envy is the problem of you guys.

2 Likes

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Goldsplash(m): 7:41pm On Jan 03
fixedhollies:
Wahala… it may shock you to know that they sponsored black against black
You are intelligent.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Mrexcell(m): 7:53pm On Jan 03
Kingrshd3:
Great PitObi people of the eastern region..

Where is the man now ??

I once heard he is died don't know how true.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by donkach: 8:09pm On Jan 03
I know the place. If you know Obibiezena ( Naze Last bus Stop, after no. 6. A little inside the road, you will see the place.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Seriouslady: 8:13pm On Jan 03
Nigeria got talent! But.......
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by SharingIsLife(m): 8:26pm On Jan 03
Cantonese:

It may not be copyright.

Car manufacturers share certain parts with each other, as they have the same parts coming from the same suppliers.

For instance, I used to have a BMW 3 series many years ago. The same car shared parts with a Mercedes model. I only found out when the mechanic collected the same from the Mercedes mechanic and it was the same.

Truly, aside from Nigeria, certain people must not come around you. They kill ideas.

Go to some ministries and parastatals today with a proposal. If you are asked to drop it and come back, you just gifted someone your idea. They simply copy it and submit. They get the approvals for themselves. When you return to check, they hand over your documents to you and tell you that they were not accepted by oga. The next, you’ll find someone carrying out the job with another name.

The life sometimes feels like a jungle!
The irony of it (which is why we are where we are) is that the person who stole the idea can never implement it every inch like the originator. So, it fails to fly. Our selfishness is our major setback.

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Duru009(m): 8:38pm On Jan 03
Smart IGBOs.....
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by ultimateprof: 8:42pm On Jan 03
MisterBanny:
Who can assist me with 4k pls. It's very important. Thank you

Just like that?
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by datola: 9:11pm On Jan 03
IjebuWarrior:

Wellu donu, Lawyer Shoyinka grin

O ka re. Eru oyinbo
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Alpharey: 9:11pm On Jan 03
BOSSkesh:
Is this one car t
Always with their inferior and substandard products

Dream killers association of NIGERIA. If you don't want good thing, it will never locate you
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Alpharey: 9:16pm On Jan 03
pafun:

That is a lie. Professor Ayodele Awojobi was the first.

I knew it. Tribal war has started. Dream killers
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Munzy14(m): 9:16pm On Jan 03
He joined politics those days career die onetime quick!
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by MisterBanny(m): 9:39pm On Jan 03
ultimateprof:

Just like that?

Pls help if u can. Thanks
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by 1972xy: 9:51pm On Jan 03
Looks like innoson 1996 model
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by AllahOfBlood: 9:56pm On Jan 03
SharingIsLife:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Izuogu_Z-600

First, he produced the prototype but the government refused to support the mass-production for 8 years. In the 9th year, South Africa began to show interest but the same government sent their demons to come and ensure it would never happen by taking everything that would make this possible.

Millions of this kind of thing have happened. Now, if someone says he's fed up with Nigeria, the low soul reptiles can't understand why.

Sir, the Autonov 1 was a great invention. I'm very happy to know about it. And I'm grateful to you for sharing it. But, try to understand why, not only AfricaFactZone but also Wikipedia says that Z-600 was the first fully indigenous car made in Nigeria. It's because over 90% of Z-600 parts were sourced locally but Autonov 1 was made from an abandoned Leyland Jeep.

Whatever be the case, both Autonov 1 and Z-600 and more and more prove that Nigeria has been a dream killer for a long time.

This one doesn't know what is copyright theft. Just because a Honda car resembles a Toyota car in some respects doesn't mean that Honda stole from Toyota. Bring out any two cars produced by any two companies and I will show you many ways that they resemble each other. Balablue.
you d follow those illiterate d talk?
Me I don't argue with Ewedu Africa anywhere on social media, their brains are nutless
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Nemesis08(m): 10:17pm On Jan 03
I was there live at the Imo State Grasshopper international handball stadium, owerri when it was commissioned by the then Military Administrator of Imo state Col. TK Zubairu. That should be 1996 or 97.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by kolexy(m): 10:23pm On Jan 03
CoronaVirusPro:
Israel stole his idea! They destroyed it.

They knew the car was going to help the South Africans in their struggle for freedom.

The South Africans were already banking on production to aid their fight, and Israel got the information and sent their agents to Nigeria to destroy the design and workshop.

South Africa freedom in 199⁷? Freedom from President Nelson Mandela?

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Putinofrussia: 10:24pm On Jan 03
There are little falsehood here.
There was no car made from the scratch in Nigeria so it couldn't have been 90% because Nigeria does not have metal and Nigeria cannot couple car engine until date.
Both Autonov and Izuogu did not have up to 20% local products.
Cars are not produced from the anus,they need specified tools and facilities to produce bolts,pads etc.
Some people just spin lies and believe them.
Does this mean that they are illiterates?

1 Like

Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Psoul(m): 11:40pm On Jan 03
The same government sent ppl that came to steal those things.

They will never allow any good thing spring up, so long as it's from Igbo tribe.

Let me tell you this.
Before Nigeria or Africa as a whole will rise and become a lovely and developed nation, Igbos must be given total freedom to lead the way. Development of entire Africa is in the hands of the Igbo tribe.

So long of the Igbos are bn suppressed, the whole Africa will remain stagnant.

Onye ji Mbe n'ala, ji onwe ya.
Re: Ezekiel Izuogu Produced Nigeria's First Locally Made Car (photos) by Okhuadams(m): 12:17am On Jan 04
chisomkachy:

https://twitter.com/AfricaFactsZone/status/1742561910757732858?t=P3DTdvCQ0zhedgw4a3Htmw&s=19
From investigation the arm men are his duely elected brothers and relations

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Innoson Produces CNG Vehicles, Asks Nigerians To Say Bye To Petrol / Innoson Motors Vehicles Used As Shuttle Buses In Enugu (Photos) / How To Remove Check Engine Light Originating From Bad/absent Catalytic Converter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.