Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,189 members, 7,815,143 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] (3852 Views)

32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom Worship Center, An Apology / Update On Ibom International Worship Centre.... Photos / Akwa Ibom International Worship Centre, Uyo Building: A White Elephant Project? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by thisweekng: 4:27pm On Jan 03

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2baZW4BNWE

In a monumental stride towards cultural and religious inclusivity, the Akwa Ibom State Government proudly revealed the breathtaking International Christian Worship Center (ICWC), showcasing an architectural masterpiece that stands as a testament to unity and spiritual sanctity. The iconic project, a culmination of meticulous planning and international collaboration, was designed by the renowned Indian firm Kalayojan Architects.

Standing majestically on the landscape, the International Christian Worship Center is poised to become a symbol of faith and architectural excellence. The design, a harmonious blend of modern aesthetics and spiritual reverence, was entrusted to Kalayojan Architects, a global powerhouse in architectural innovation. Their vision for the ICWC aimed at creating a space that transcends mere physical structure, embodying a spiritual sanctuary for worshipers.

https://thisweekng.com/32-billion-naira-akwa-ibom-international-christian-worship-center-video/

1 Like

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Righthussle: 4:28pm On Jan 03
Rubbish! Total waste of scarce resources. Waste 32 billion naira just to build a noise making centre for greedy fools who want to enjoy an endless life in a golden mansion after death.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Efewestern: 4:28pm On Jan 03
How will this benefit the people?

7 Likes

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by thisweekng: 4:29pm On Jan 03
more photos

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by jimyjames(m): 5:42pm On Jan 03
At least the structure will add to the beauty of the state

2 Likes

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by nonhuman(m): 5:53pm On Jan 03
So government spent 32b tax players money to build a church for who exactly, think of what 32b would do for 32000 youth on entrepreneurship, why is don't we back monkeys have sense I thought we have evolved, why do we still reason like monkeys

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by nonhuman(m): 5:58pm On Jan 03
jimyjames:
At least the structure will add to the beauty of the state
na bultiful state we go chop, na bultiful Church go make economy to boom

4 Likes

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Raskimonojendor: 6:01pm On Jan 03
grin
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Splashme: 6:19pm On Jan 03
The narrator should die that talk about whether or not the worship centre will generate employment or IGR. The former governor established a number of companies for the state including:

1) Kings Flour Mills

2) Jubilee Syringe Factory (Folding up due to worsening economy)

3) Ibom Airlines

4) Etc Etc Etc

1 Like

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Eteka1(m): 6:37pm On Jan 03
Total waste of resources.

3 Likes

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by johnog4sure: 8:09pm On Jan 03
Something is wrong with Africans

3 Likes

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by rdokoye: 8:19pm On Jan 03
nonhuman:
So government spent 32b tax players money to build a church for who exactly, think of what 32b would do for 32000 youth on entrepreneurship, why is don't we back monkeys have sense I thought we have evolved, why do we still reason like monkeys

Speak for yourself, I'm not from Akwa Ibom, let them do whatever best suits them.
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by rdokoye: 8:19pm On Jan 03
Splashme:
The narrator should die that talk about whether or not the worship centre will generate employment or IGR. The former governor established a number of companies for the state including:

1) Kings Flour Mills

2) Jubilee Syringe Factory (Folding up due to worsening economy)

3) Ibom Airlines

4) Etc Etc Etc

It's not the governor's responsibility to establish companies, that's the private sectors job.
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by rdokoye: 8:21pm On Jan 03
johnog4sure:
Something is wrong with Africans

So ONE governor squanders state funds on a pointless church, and ALL 1+ billion Africans are responsible for his actions Something is wrong with you. You have an inferiority complex.

Akwa Ibom needs good leadership, something that has eluded it for several decades now - that's all.

1 Like

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by johnog4sure: 9:30pm On Jan 03
rdokoye:

So ONE governor squanders state funds on a pointless church, and ALL 1+ billion Africans are responsible for his actions Something is wrong with you. You have an inferiority complex.

Akwa Ibom needs good leadership, something that has eluded it for several decades now - that's all.
I wonder why u are attacking me, use that energy to attack your political and religious leaders. How many of them (religious and political leaders)have or are planning to invest in STEM? Because that is my point.

When I graduated from school I was looking for just 6M to setup a lab, I studied physics/electronics, I even approached research centers to use their facilities but no way still.

But each time I go to church I see pastors raising donations to build bigger places of worship, but they won't raise money for Emeka to return to business after his shop got burnt, they won't raise money for biodun to setup mechanic shop after graduating as mechanical engineer, nor support Abdul in his sugarcane farm.

Both religious and political leaders wield so much influence, even if there's no money anywhere they can easily ask all of us to donate as low as 1k for these purposes and it will happen fast!

Africans investing in places of worship is foolishness! The next industrial revolution (AI) has started and Africa as no where near it.

1 Like

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by johnmartus(m): 9:35pm On Jan 03
The initiator of this project should be jail.

2 Likes

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by OMBIIGA: 9:39pm On Jan 03
Great!! Akwa Ibomite are not complaining, rather they are happy and proud of the edifice.
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Ola9ja23: 10:07pm On Jan 03
OMBIIGA:
Great!! Akwa Ibomite are not complaining, rather they are happy and proud of the edifice.

That should generate IGR for the state government and create employment opportunities for the youth

Kudos
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Danjikanbauchi: 10:08pm On Jan 03
nonhuman:
oga shut up, northern Muslim governors have been using state funds to build mosque and marred off almajiris.

1 Like

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by omohayek: 10:58pm On Jan 03
Ola9ja23:

That should generate IGR for the state government and create employment opportunities for the youth

Kudos
And how exactly does this monumental steel and concrete edifice do either of the things you mention? All I see here is a gigantic white elephant that will suck down even more public revenues for years to come, right up until it ends up derelict or eventually demolished, as is the typical fate of all such projects. The building will need constant maintenance of its roofing, electrical wiring and plumbing, it will need security guards to prevent thieves from breaking in and ripping out everything they can possibly sell, it will need to be covered by insurance, it will need to have electricity bills paid ... I could go on nearly ad infinitum. If renting it out to the usual "prosperity gospel" charlatan "prophets" would be enough for all of these costs to be covered, wouldn't private entrepreneurs already have stepped into the breach by funding the construction of such buildings without government intervention?

This gigantic albatross reminds me of the Yamoussoukro monstrosity built by Félix Houphouët-Boigny in Ivory Coast some years back. It's just another pointless money pit whose primary purpose is to allow large-scale embezzlement of funds while fooling a bunch of gullible Africans who mistake big, shiny buildings for a leader supposedly "working", as if buildings by themselves ever cured malaria, educated anyone or provided paved roads and potable water.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/25/world/yamoussoukro-journal-for-a-great-white-elephant-a-new-lease-on-life.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by omohayek: 11:00pm On Jan 03
Danjikanbauchi:
oga shut up, northern Muslim governors have been using state funds to build mosque and marred off almajiris.
And here we see a sterling example of the inanity that passes for "reasoning" amongst so many barely literate Nigerians. So because "northern Muslim governors" have been allegedly squandering state revenues on wasteful projects, southern Christian governors should also be committing the same sins of misgovernance?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by rdokoye: 11:02pm On Jan 03
johnog4sure:
I wonder why u are attacking me, use that energy to attack your political and religious leaders. How many of them (religious and political leaders)have or are planning to invest in STEM? Because that is my point.

When I graduated from school I was looking for just 6M to setup a lab, I studied physics/electronics, I even approached research centers to use their facilities but no way still.

But each time I go to church I see pastors raising donations to build bigger places of worship, but they won't raise money for Emeka to return to business after his shop got burnt, they won't raise money for biodun to setup mechanic shop after graduating as mechanical engineer, nor support Abdul in his sugarcane farm.

Both religious and political leaders wield so much influence, even if there's no money anywhere they can easily ask all of us to donate as low as 1k for these purposes and it will happen fast!

Africans investing in places of worship is foolishness! The next industrial revolution (AI) has started and Africa as no where near it.

I attacked you because of your defeatist mindset. There's NOTHING wrong with Africans. Africa just has an issue of leadership. It needs GOOD leaders, like YOU to run the affairs of the nation - then you'll see things get better. But as long as you have selfish, myopic, incompetent people finding themselves in positions of authority, this is as much as you can expect.

I don't believe you can categorise every governor as bad in Nigeria, however. It's just Akwa Ibom has a history of these lavish, pointless projects, and the people in the state, don't seem to mind - so let them do them.
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Workch: 11:02pm On Jan 03
Danjikanbauchi:
it's reason like you don't have a working brain.
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by nonhuman(m): 12:05am On Jan 04
Danjikanbauchi:
so therefore it's right to be wrong all the time
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by CodeTemplar: 12:35am On Jan 04
omohayek:

And how exactly does this monumental steel and concrete edifice do either of the things you mention? All I see here is a gigantic white elephant that will suck down even more public revenues for years to come, right up until it ends up derelict or eventually demolished, as is the typical fate of all such projects. The building will need constant maintenance of its roofing, electrical wiring and plumbing, it will need security guards to prevent thieves from breaking in and ripping out everything they can possibly sell, it will need to be covered by insurance, it will need to have electricity bills paid ... I could go on nearly ad infinitum. If renting it out to the usual "prosperity gospel" charlatan "prophets" would be enough for all of these costs to be covered, wouldn't private entrepreneurs already have stepped into the breach by funding the construction of such buildings without government intervention?

This gigantic albatross reminds me of the Yamoussoukro monstrosity built by Félix Houphouët-Boigny in Ivory Coast some years back. It's just another pointless money pit whose primary purpose is to allow large-scale embezzlement of funds while fooling a bunch of gullible Africans who mistake big, shiny buildings for a leader supposedly "working", as if buildings by themselves ever cured malaria, educated anyone or provided paved roads and potable water.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/05/25/world/yamoussoukro-journal-for-a-great-white-elephant-a-new-lease-on-life.html
life is not an epistle competition
Sarcasm is written over that statement.
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Gadafii: 6:43am On Jan 04
If a Muslim governor built a mosque with such humongous amount of money, Islamization cry everywhere but that’s not the point right now

This church is not going to generate revenue for the state, it would rather enrich few

Imagine building a factory or an industry with 34B naira, you don’t have to imagine the number of people that will be employed, which will translate economic prosperity to both individuals, groups and the state government

I am certain the govt will finance the maintenance of this church as well

1 Like

Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by johnog4sure: 8:27am On Jan 04
rdokoye:

I attacked you because of your defeatist mindset. There's NOTHING wrong with Africans. Africa just has an issue of leadership. It needs GOOD leaders, like YOU to run the affairs of the nation - then you'll see things get better. But as long as you have selfish, myopic, incompetent people finding themselves in positions of authority, this is as much as you can expect.

I don't believe you can categorise every governor as bad in Nigeria, however. It's just Akwa Ibom has a history of these lavish, pointless projects, and the people in the state, don't seem to mind - so let them do them.
you are very wrong, you have not the slightest idea of who I am, that is why in a faceless forum the best thing to do is to contribute your opinions not to ATTACK PEOPLE, if you are learned enough you should know this.

Nobody within my circle promotes Pan-Africanism like I do, just yesterday I was talking to a friend who works with senator Ireti, I live in Abuja and she is our senator, I was telling this friend to help me push my proposal for the senator to sponsor a bill to make Hausa language our official language.

Mind you I am not Hausa my wife is even Igbo, I just believe as the most populous African nation we should not be using any foreign language, and since Hausa is already widely spoken across West Africa then it is most ideal...this is just one of the many Pan-African ideas I promote. So when I criticize Africa it is born out of the passion that we should wake up and do the right things not out of inferiority complex (I laugh)
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by jimyjames(m): 8:49am On Jan 04
nonhuman:
na bultiful state we go chop, na bultiful Church go make economy to boom
Beautiful state can attract tourism , tourism is money
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by christejames(m): 9:01am On Jan 04
The only major company in the state recently commissioned has folded up but this present govt is more concerned about an edifice that won't generate much for the state and her citizenries? undecided
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by rdokoye: 3:10pm On Jan 04
johnog4sure:
you are very wrong, you have not the slightest idea of who I am, that is why in a faceless forum the best thing to do is to contribute your opinions not to ATTACK PEOPLE, if you are learned enough you should know this.

Nobody within my circle promotes Pan-Africanism like I do, just yesterday I was talking to a friend who works with senator Ireti, I live in Abuja and she is our senator, I was telling this friend to help me push my proposal for the senator to sponsor a bill to make Hausa language our official language.

Mind you I am not Hausa my wife is even Igbo, I just believe as the most populous African nation we should not be using any foreign language, and since Hausa is already widely spoken across West Africa then it is most ideal...this is just one of the many Pan-African ideas I promote. So when I criticize Africa it is born out of the passion that we should wake up and do the right things not out of inferiority complex (I laugh)

What's this, a game of semantics now? My "opinion" was based off of what YOU wrote. So don't blame me, blame yourself.

That aside, if you're a Pan-African, that's fine. Because I'm not. I don't know why you mentioned what your wife is, without mentioning your own origin. FFK married an Igbo women but he's anything but a Pan-African, a very prejudice and wicked man.

At this point, marrying an Igbo woman means nothing, because most non-Igbo people's motives for doing so are selfish in nature, which is fine.

Lastly, no one is accepting Hausa as their first language in a nation as large and as complex as Nigeria. Nigeria is indigenous lands, so having one main language will not work unless its neutral, like the English language.
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by Bendeco2020: 3:18pm On Jan 04
And so?

North has been building Mosques with South South resources.

Akwa Ibom is among the top 2 oil producing state. That's their money
Re: 32 Billion Naira Akwa Ibom International Christian Worship Center [VIDEO] by johnog4sure: 3:43pm On Jan 04
rdokoye:

What's this, a game of semantics now? My "opinion" was based off of what YOU wrote. So don't blame me, blame yourself.

That aside, if you're a Pan-African, that's fine. Because I'm not. I don't know why you mentioned what your wife is, without mentioning your own origin. FFK married an Igbo women but he's anything but a Pan-African, a very prejudice and wicked man.

At this point, marrying an Igbo woman means nothing, because most non-Igbo people's motives for doing so are selfish in nature, which is fine.

Lastly, no one is accepting Hausa as their first language in a nation as large and as complex as Nigeria. Nigeria is indigenous lands, so having one main language will not work unless its neutral, like the English language.
I am Ebira, with partial root to Yoruba, I mentioned my wife to show that I have no biological connection to Hausa, plus I cant even speak the language, control your emotions, ideas and concepts are always up for debate, dialogue and improvement, insulting people you have never met on a faceless forum is a childish tantrum...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Former Borno State Governor Buys Most Expensive Private Jet For N11.5 Billion / Bola Tinubu is THISDAY’s Man Of The Year! / Bombshell: Animals Wan Dash Me My Human Right -ngozi Okonjo Iweala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.