Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,954 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

New Year Resolution III - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / New Year Resolution III (57 Views)

King Bhungane III Says Bantus Are The Poeple Written Of In The Scriptures / So Hard To Keep New Year Resolution. How Is Yours? / Starting Out The New Year With A New Resolution? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Year Resolution III by kpakpandoN(m): 5:54am On Jan 04
This year, I have decided that I will humble myself more than ever before. I will ask anyone who can assist me for help, irrespective of their status. Many people do not have a problem with asking for help from someone who is ‘superior’ to them, but a lot find it difficult to seek for help from people they consider to be beneath them. This sort of attitude robs many people of their blessings.

When I was in secondary school, I was good at Mathematics and other subjects, but I knew that I needed extra coaching to pass the English Language. In those days, it didn’t matter how brilliant you were; if you passed all other subjects and failed the English Language, you’d be considered a failure. I asked a junior of mine who was born in England and had a very good command of English Language to teach me, and I got an A! He can boast today that he taught me, but it wouldn’t matter because I already have my certificate. This year, don’t let pride hold you back from the help you can get to fulfil your destiny.

Unfortunately, however, many proud people don’t know that they are proud. Some of them even boast about their pride and give it fancy names like self-esteem, self-confidence and so on. Beloved, any level of self-esteem that makes people afraid to approach you is pride. Someone may know the solution to your problem, but because of how you carry yourself as if you own the world, he or she may not approach you with the solution. You need to humble yourself, smile more, speak warmly to people, and make it easy for them to speak to you.

In 2 Kings 5:1-14, we can learn a lot from Naaman and his wife. First, his wife was approachable, and the maid was able to talk to her about her husband’s embarrassing problem. Also, when Naaman got to Elisha’s place and got angry that Elisha did not come out to pray for him, it was one of his servants who advised him, and he heeded the advice. The cure to Naaman’s leprosy was tied to people that were considered inferior to him; thank God he was humble enough to listen to them.

This year, make it your resolution to humble yourself more than ever before. Remember, God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).
Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye.

(1) (Reply)

In Calm Repose.... / How Can A Christian Overcome The Power Of The Flesh / Spiritual Problems And Solutions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.