Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,781 members, 7,817,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) (40690 Views)

NUC Lists 58 Illegal Degree-awarding Varsities In Nigeria / List Of Illegal Universities Closed Down By NUC- July 2019 / Names Of 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria Released By NUC - Full List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by MrBachelor: 11:53am On Jan 04
No Chicago State University?
Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by rotimex: 11:53am On Jan 04
Nice one
Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by Irupetepete: 11:53am On Jan 04
Houdegbe
Omo many people I know are in trouble

4 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by greypencils: 11:54am On Jan 04
It's is better to repeat JAMB or do a pre-degree into a State Uni than to go to one kain
University wey no get name or surname. You've just wasted your bloody life by doing that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by wizelink(m): 11:54am On Jan 04
Great work
Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by SmartyPants(m): 11:54am On Jan 04
Delphi:
NUC just woke up from sleep because of the deep investigative journalism of the Daily Nigerian reporter on certificate racketeering by neighbouring countries.

At least something is being done. The media has an extremely important role in any democracy, as the watchdog over the government and its agencies. Too bad the Nigerian mainstream media is too busy taking sides in political battles but the independent journalists are stepping up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by erico2k2(m): 11:55am On Jan 04
Islie:
As others face probe, possible prosecution

https://leadership.ng/nuc-busts-58-illegal-varsities-in-nigeria-arrests-proprietors/

Nlfpmod
So if you Graduate from these University your certificate is now Suya paper grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by slivertongue: 11:55am On Jan 04
As if they are not part of the corruption and the rot in the educational sector.

2 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by Earthquakes: 11:56am On Jan 04
nairalanda1:

It's not the first time NUC has been naming and shaming fake universites.

Naming and shaming instead of closing them them down??
They are all complicit and the owners are them simply

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by latonione: 11:57am On Jan 04
One of those reasons they don't want educated reasonable people to be in the helm of affair in this country. This country will be great again

2 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by LowKeyManny: 11:58am On Jan 04
Delphi:
NUC just woke up from sleep because of the deep investigative journalism of the Daily Nigerian reporter on certificate racketeering by neighbouring countries.

Too much 🧢🧢🧢

The alleged investigative report was released less than 4 days ago. The circular from the nuc was dated and released since 25th December.

Do you have any iota of idea the effort and work that goes into identifying, investigating and arresting offenders of the kind listed by the nuc? Do you think such can be feasibly achieved in a matter of 4 days or even 4 weeks??

3 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by mbakasteven28(m): 11:59am On Jan 04
Good news, but the issue is that after some year they will all operate freely.
What pained me the most, is where you see a university or so-called college using a govt primary school for entrance exams or the University exams, how can you called a university that can't provide a good environment for itsstudentst to be approved to operate in the country

We all hope that this will be the last ship of such illegal and backroom universities in our country...

We have one in Abuja in Dutse/Bwari Abuja

2 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by Charleblings123(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04
This is very commendable

2 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by Achor1111(m): 12:00pm On Jan 04
YourGFsnatcher:
One guy on nairaland was defending the mushroom unis. How dumb can some ppl be
They can be extremely dumb

3 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by Lawalemi(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04
Olympic University

It is well!!!

2 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by baralatie(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04
Delphi:
Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by IPDGP: 12:02pm On Jan 04
45. University of Accountancy and Management Studies, Mowe, Lagos – Ibadan Expressway and its Annex at 41, Ikorodu Road, Lagos.

See as this one spoil Ogun state, way me one form before say my state no go dey

2 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by baralatie(m): 12:02pm On Jan 04
Lawalemi:
Olympic University

It is well!!!
🤣🤣

2 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by epainos: 12:02pm On Jan 04
MMempire:
Even NOUN should be properly restructured.
I cannot employ any of their graduates.

3 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by Sleekfingers: 12:02pm On Jan 04
Some Nigerian graduates who attended those universities go don defecate for body...
Especially those working with Federal and state governments.......
It might not be effective in all Northern states ......But will be in Lagos and some southern States.

3 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by rhythyson: 12:02pm On Jan 04
Which one be Olympic University again? grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by CodeTemplar: 12:03pm On Jan 04
nairalanda1:

It's not the first time NUC has been naming and shaming fake universites.
what about "genuine" ones like lasu that give cert for N2m-N3m?

1 Like

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by baralatie(m): 12:05pm On Jan 04
Me that is praying to operate on
University of International Studies and and Global Scientists

Abeg o

2 Likes

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by Quebec91(m): 12:06pm On Jan 04
cheesy
ecolime:
I'm sure most of these universities operate from a 3 Bedroom apartment.

Room 1: Vice-chancellor
Room 2: Lecturers
Room 3: Non teaching staff

If you need MSc or PHD certificate before next weekend, dem go run am for you.

Na real cash cow, just buy a good printing machine to mill out certificates and you are good to go.
Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by YoungBlackRico(m): 12:07pm On Jan 04
erico2k2:

So if you Graduate from these University your certificate is now Suya paper grin grin grin
Yep
Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by lexy2014: 12:07pm On Jan 04
Delphi:

dont mind them.

but kudos to the journalist who did the expose.

it is what Nigerian journalist are shying away from despite the many scandals and ills that persist

1 Like

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by zoghys: 12:08pm On Jan 04
Delphi:

I bet that guy's life is in serious danger now. God protect him and his family, those education sharks would get rid of anyone who tries to stop their crumbs.

1 Like

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by ufotunang: 12:08pm On Jan 04
ecolime:

Na real cash cow, just buy a good printing machine to mill out certificates and you are good to go.
..and admission into this universities will be very easy,.no need to write jamb exam to get admission in this universities

1 Like

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by Tunagee(m): 12:09pm On Jan 04
ecolime:

grin grin
Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by ufotunang: 12:11pm On Jan 04
And admission in this universities will be very easy to get...no need to write jamb exams to get admission into these universities..that is why many students rush this universities

1 Like

Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by Slurity(m): 12:14pm On Jan 04
I went to 3 Universities in Institutions in Nigeria and non of it is listed. I am lucky I guess.
Re: NUC Busts 58 Illegal Universities In Nigeria, Arrests Proprietors (names) by IgnobleJay: 12:14pm On Jan 04
Damn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Universities And Their Catchment Areas (states) / ASUU Strike: "I'm Stuck In The Village, Making Palm Oil" - Nigerian Lady / Covenant University Suspended Student For Drinking Coke With Two Straws

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.