Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,766 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi (8520 Views)

All Materials Used For Kaduna Governorship Election Brought To Court (pictures) / Adamu Garba: APC Wants To Impose Consensus Presidential Candidate / PDP: APC Wants To Give INEC Chairman Onneghen’s Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Racoon(m): 9:41am On Jan 04
The party frowned at the readiness of INEC to allow the legal team of SDP to inspect the election materials.

The All Progressives Congress (APC) has urged the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to halt the Thursday-scheduled inspection of the 11 November 2023 Kogi Governorship Election materials by the Social Democratic Party (SDP).

The party also called for the removal and discipline of the Kogi INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Gabriel Longpet, for having been allegedly compromised by the SDP and its candidate.

The Director of Media and Publicity, APC Campaign Council, made the calls in a statement issued in Lokoja on Wednesday. The party frowned at the readiness of INEC to allow the legal team of SDP to inspect the election materials in disregard to an alleged preliminary objection earlier raised by its (INEC’s) counsel before the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Abuja.

The party said: We hereby call on the Chairman and Management of INEC to immediately halt any inspection of electoral materials used in the Nov. 11, 2023, governorship election in Kogi, pending the determination of the Motion on Notice filed by INEC and others to set the Order of inspection aside.

“INEC should commence disciplinary processes against the REC, Dr Longpet, having been heavily compromised by the SDP and its Candidate.

“This is because the message from the REC to INEC officials to appear for the inspection on Thursday, Jan. 4, is an admission of graft by him and a final nail on his fraudulent activities in the State.

“He (REC) has clearly misrepresented the integrity and legal interest of INEC. The commission should suspend or redeploy the REC from Kogi pending the outcome of the disciplinary process against him,” the party urged.

According to the APC, the appeals became imperative following clear moves by the REC to aid the SDP in compromising/tampering with and or destroying electoral materials used in the concluded 11 November 2023, governorship elections in Kogi.

It alleged that the SDP and its candidate, Murtala Ajaka, had obtained an Ex-parte Order of the Tribunal on 25 November 2023, directing INEC to, among other things, allow an inspection of electoral materials used for the election to assist the SDP and its candidate institute and maintain a petition which at the time had not been filed.

“INEC was given only 48 hours to comply with the said orders which includes all forms, registers, result sheets, ballot papers and BVAS machines.

“Upon being served with the Order on Nov. 27, 2023, INEC filed a Motion before the Tribunal on Nov. 29, 2023, praying the Court to set aside the said Orders contending that the Tribunal lacked the jurisdiction to make the said Orders and for other reasons such as apparent contradictions in the said Ex-parte Order.

“That motion to set aside dated and filed on 29/11/2023 is to our knowledge still before the Tribunal as it has not been heard. It must also be noted that till date, the said order for inspection granted on 25/11/2023 has not been served on the winner of that election, Alhaji Usman Ododo and the APC, who are listed as parties in the said Order of Court.

“Most importantly is the fact that the Petition in respect of which the order of inspection was initially sought and granted was filed on Dec. 2, 2023, with the SDP and its candidate admitting at paragraph 92 of the contentious petition that INEC had given them documents contained in the order which included Voters Register, BVAS Accreditation Reports and Result Sheets.

“With the above background in mind, It is therefore shocking to learn that the REC of INEC in Kogi, who works for a body which has asked a Court to set aside the Ex-parte Order for inspection it made, is now organising an inspection exercise in Abuja for the SDP and its Candidate, an exercise which is fully and financially sponsored by the SDP and its candidate,” the party further alleged.

APC, therefore, frowned at the messages the said REC sent out to the affected staff of INEC in Kogi to show up in Abuja for the inspection of the election materials on Thursday.

“The messages no doubt show the desperation of the Kogi Resident Electoral Commissioner, who has been heavily compromised by the Social Democratic Party, its Candidate, and their cohorts,” APC submitted.

Reacting to the allegations, the Kogi INEC Head of Voters Education and Publicity (VEP), Haruna Sule, expressed surprise over the allegations raised by APC about the scheduled 4 January inspection of the election materials.

“APC false allegations can’t hold water because the matter is beyond our Kogi office but that of the INEC Headquarters in Abuja. REC is acting based on instructions from the headquarters and shouldn’t be unjustly accused,” he said.
(NAN)

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/656153-apc-wants-inec-to-stop-inspection-of-election-materials-used-in-kogi.html?utm_campaign=twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Racoon(m): 1:48pm On Jan 04
APC and corrupt electoral controversies is like 5 and 6.

36 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by princeade86(m): 9:15am On Jan 05
Sorry to divert the topic. I want to ask about something pls. Is it true that police don't help someone collect debt. Because I took some that owed me close to half a million to police station, d case has been dragging for like 6 month now. So yesterday, when I got to station to vent my displeasure about how d case is handling, they boldly told me that I should be patience because is not police job to help someone collect debt, but they are just helping me. Pls police is the house, how true is this? And if is true, won't there be chaos in d land because many people will be taking law to their hands.

2 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Racoon(m): 6:53am On Jan 06
Clear conscience fears no accusation

3 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by blackmantis: 7:59am On Jan 06
princeade86:
Sorry to divert the topic. I want to ask about something pls. Is it true that police don't help someone collect debt. Because I took some that owed me close to half a million to police station, d case has been dragging for like 6 month now. So yesterday, when I got to station to vent my displeasure about how d case is handling, they boldly told me that I should be patience because is not police job to help someone collect debt, but they are just helping me. Pls police is the house, how true is this? And if is true, won't there be chaos in d land because many people will be taking law to their hands.

Before you can proceed do you have a written agreement signed by both of you and witnesses?
If you, get a lawyer and sue him.

2 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by dalongjnr: 8:17am On Jan 06
The best thing that will save this country is to sanitize the Nigerian police, INEC,FIRS,CBN AND THE JUDICIARY.

5 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by DONFRANSKID(m): 11:15am On Jan 06
The worst political party in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by RECTEM: 11:15am On Jan 06
Party of Thieves..

2 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Dnet9dnet: 11:15am On Jan 06
Try make a better Nigeria
Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Brendaniel: 11:16am On Jan 06
Democracy in Nigeria died the day Tinubu was sworn in as president....

16 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by 1Alex: 11:16am On Jan 06
Ok
Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by SlavaUkraini: 11:16am On Jan 06
What are they hiding ?

A Free Conscience fears no accusation...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Bitterkolasweet: 11:20am On Jan 06
Apc and wahala
Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by DesChyko: 11:21am On Jan 06
Why? Do you require more time to complete what had been started?
Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Judolisco(m): 11:21am On Jan 06
Wetin APC dey fear na

2 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by ClearFlair: 11:22am On Jan 06
Never straightforward

1 Like

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by PepeXKermit: 11:22am On Jan 06
princeade86:

take the person to court. period.

3 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Usmanovic95(m): 11:23am On Jan 06
dalongjnr:
The best thing that will save this country is to sanitize the Nigerian police, INEC,FIRS,CBN AND THE JUDICIARY.

Get rid of APC first.

4 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:27am On Jan 06
Brendaniel:
Democracy in Nigeria died the day Tinubu was sworn in as president....
Guy shd b careful o, so it won't look like he is making a mockery of democracy of Which the west frowns at.
Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Mikelarteta(m): 11:30am On Jan 06
Why? Cos they know what they did.

6 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:34am On Jan 06
princeade86:
Debt is a civil case & not a criminal case!

u involve d court instead!
& wen u take d pesin to court, Jez pray mek d pesin nor declare bankruptcy, if ee happen, na 20 to 50yrs time u fit see shishi oo!
dat time ya family go come help u dey spend moni wey dem no work 4!
grin

Police don chop u mugu 4 nothing!
cool

1 Like

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by harsysky(m): 11:35am On Jan 06

How is inspection of materials wrong when the INEC would still be witness to it. Okay, you don’t want them to see the abracadabra. I get it now

6 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by elder1002: 11:41am On Jan 06
If not for the obvious rigging.. why won't APC be fearing.

Abeg the election saga self don too much... I have given hope on this our policiians.

If not for deep tribalism sentiment in the state between the igala and the igbera's .

Both the sdp and the apc are all same

They should all just rest and take the loss in faith and prepare for the next election.

Untill we digitalize our voting system, i don't expect much from al this manual voting and coating, anything is possible, its all about paper and cancelation 😄😄😄

Election in Nigeria is all about the best rigger that wins.

If you play humble and don't act smart, you will cry your way to court and won't get anything.

Next time plan deep on how you can outsmart your opponents by rigging from the pollen units..

Rigging starts from the pollen unit and not national level... Once you have tested and trusted agents that are well funded, then relax and enjoy the game..

3 Likes

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Blaze14k: 11:43am On Jan 06
dalongjnr:

You barely scratched the surface
Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by bayelsaowei(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06
And yes INEC will stop..

Is it not INEC? Let them do what ever they like...

cool
Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by sheldonbbt: 12:14pm On Jan 06
Like it will make any difference.
This is Nigeria and APC is in charge.

Dino was wise not to go to court.
Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by dalongjnr: 12:23pm On Jan 06
Blaze14k:

You barely scratched the surface
Alright, what do you think that can be done to sanitize the country?
Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by dalongjnr: 12:24pm On Jan 06
Usmanovic95:

Get rid of APC first.
Alright!
So you think other political parties are not corrupt?

1 Like

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by CaptainFM1: 12:29pm On Jan 06
princeade86:

Charge the person to a civil court with your evidences. Police can't force him to pay otherwise he can turn it around on you for using police to harass him.

It's a civil case not a criminal case. And even if it's a criminal case, police can only help make arrest of the "suspect" and take him to court.
Mark my word there, he remains a suspect and not a criminal until the court say so.

1 Like

Re: APC Wants INEC To Stop Inspection Of Election Materials Used In Kogi by Blackdisciple(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06
Election thieves once they hear inspection of electoral materials they suddenly get fever , only thieves does that

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Mythbuster Version - The Coup Of Jan 15th 1966 / Public Holiday Declared In Ondo Tomorrow / Buhari Will Award Contract For Eastern Corridor Railways Before December, VON DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.