Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper (578 Views)

The Nation Newspaper Headquarters In Lagos On Fire / Fayemi Cautions The Nation Newspaper And Ojudu Over "Misleading Publication" / 'New House': Senator Dino Melaye Slams The Nation Newspaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Chukwudi87(m): 6:46pm On Jan 04
The partnership hopes to also commence the building of military hardware in the Ajaokuta Steel Plant.

The Head Press and Public Relations Department of the Ministry of Steel Development, Salamatu Jibaniya made this known in a statement.

She said this formed the crux of the visit by a delegation of the Minister of Steel Development, Prince Shuaibu Audu, Minister of Defence, Alhaji Mohammed Badaru and the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Steel Development, Mary Ogbe in their tour of Luan Steel Holding Group in Hefei and Guangzhou Regions of China.

Jibaniya said Prince Audu stated that the trip to China is one of the steps being taken to realise the goals of reviving the Steel Industry in Nigeria in line with the Renewed Hope Agenda of President Bola Tinubu.

She said, according to Prince Audu, work has commenced to create an operational Steel Industry that would attract billions of dollars of foreign direct investments into the country, open up the nation’s economy, and create hundreds of thousands of job opportunities, which form the core of the renewed hope agenda.

He further noted that building Military hardware in the Ajaokuta Steel Plant is also timely, considering that Nigeria is faced with security challenges. Adding that this would help in the fight against insecurity and terrorism.
She added: “We had very meaningful discussions with the Chairman of Luan Steel Holding Group, Mr Wang Jianbing, the Chief Executive Officer of the Company, Mr Xiao Weizhan, and other senior Executives of the Luan Steel Holding Group.

“Like several other international and local investors, Luan Steel Holding Group has indicated interest in setting up a new Steel Plant in Nigeria, as well as handling a component of the Ajaokuta Steel Plant for building military hardware in Nigeria.

“The Minister of Defence and I led this delegation, which includes the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Steel Development, Dr Mary Ogbe, Sole Administrator/Managing Director of Ajaokuta Steel Company, Mr Sumaila Abdul-Akaba, to enable us to have a first-hand look at the Luan steel plants before arriving at a decision.

“With all the commitments on the ground, we are optimistic that before the end of President Tinubu’s administration, we will commence commercial Steel Production in some of the government-owned entities in Nigeria.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/fg-partners-china-for-new-steel-plant/

2 Likes

Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Chukwudi87(m): 6:47pm On Jan 04
cry
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by ElSudani: 6:49pm On Jan 04
I hope this solves the Ajaokuta problem.

1 Like

Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Bobloco: 7:08pm On Jan 04
grin
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by matify83: 7:11pm On Jan 04
Enough of these "gbese" we are collecting from china in the name of white elephant projects abeg.

The rail they have constructed for us isn't self sustaining to pay for itself.

The other loans have all been looted with no project in sight.

There was a time I even heard that our iron ore is not even the quality type that's why we are not even exporting it in its crude form.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by MadamExcellency: 7:13pm On Jan 04
Steel should be a National Security Project. It is a must and we should attain self-sufficiency in steel production.

President Trump declared Steel production a critical National Security products for the USA.

1 Like

Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Kushites: 7:20pm On Jan 04
MadamExcellency:
Steel should be a National Security Project. It is a must and we should attain self-sufficiency in steel production.

President Trump declared Steel production a critical National Security products for the USA.

You are right.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Kushites: 7:21pm On Jan 04
matify83:
Enough of these "gbese" we are collecting from china in the name of white elephant projects abeg.

There was a time I even heard that our iron ore is not even the quality type that's why we are not even exporting it in its crude form.

Shut up.

Always a spoiler coming in to talk rubbish.

“No projects in sight” indeed.

You will see the projects from your veranda or dirty bedroom.

Idiot.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by matify83: 7:28pm On Jan 04
Kushites:

Shut up.

Always a spoiler coming in to talk rubbish.

“No projects in sight” indeed.

You will see the projects from your veranda or dirty bedroom.

Idiot.

Are you so full of invectives to make a reasonable counter contribution to the discuss?

I will not wallow in the mire from which your tirade streams.

Continue to constitute yourself a nuisance in a faceless forum
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by commoditiesnig: 7:31pm On Jan 04
MadamExcellency:

Very true
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by ozo13(m): 7:32pm On Jan 04
I don't take this guy's serious again.it is only when the president is serious about it I will take them serious.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Kushites: 7:34pm On Jan 04
matify83:

Are you so full of invectives to make a reasonable counter contribution to the discuss?

I will not wallow in the mire from which your tirade streams.

Continue to constitute yourself a nuisance in a faceless forum

When you wildly tell lies about “no projects in sight” and claim the loans “were looted” with ZERO evidence to back your claims, you are inviting insults to yourself.

So shut up.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Solsix(m): 7:35pm On Jan 04
matify83:

My brother I tire, nah that rail own they weak me. The railway but already is not self sustaining and we taking more loans to build more.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by TruthsFM: 7:36pm On Jan 04
Dem don dey start their deceiving for this year again

1 Like

Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Armaggedon: 7:43pm On Jan 04
ElSudani:
your hope will be RENEWED.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by matify83: 7:46pm On Jan 04
Kushites:

When you wildly tell lies about “no projects in sight” and claim the loans “were looted” with ZERO evidence to back your claims, you are inviting insults to yourself.

So shut up.

So, all this overdrive that efcc has suddenly gone into is for nothing?

The quantum of monies looted from foreign loans is not commensurate to the projects on ground.

Was it not here we were told that the Aso rock clinic extension will gulp 21 billion naira, an amount that could build a full fledged teaching hospital?

Please don't act naive, you are definitely not a "stranger in Jerusalem "

Have you travelled recently, most of the roads that FEC kept awarding contracts on are pile of mud with no work done.

Follow the Dutch rider on i"tchy boots" as she navigated Nigeria and you will weep for our roads.

I rest my case
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by AustineE1: 7:59pm On Jan 04
I hope this is not the usual APC Audio...we will cross our fingers and watch,God bless the good people of Nigeria.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Kenochi(m): 8:52pm On Jan 04
Government should just hand over Ajaokuta to the Chinese,also two of those scrap metals called Refineries should be given to the Chinese
By the time they remove all these "monument" from our borrowings,our National debt would have reduced drastically
Kindly check my signature for good properties with good titles around Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Nicepoker(m): 9:42pm On Jan 04
ElSudani:
Ajaokuta problem is very massive. That plant will not function in many years to come.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Nicepoker(m): 9:58pm On Jan 04
You guys shouldn't think this move will revive ajaokuta. Not in many years. Before that place goes full blast. The coal sector have to start full mining operations.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by ElSudani: 10:34pm On Jan 04
Nicepoker:
Ajaokuta problem is very massive. That plant will not function in many years to come.

Not in the hands of people who know what they are doing.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by 89green: 10:39pm On Jan 04
At the end, you employ Nigerians, you maltreat them and underpay them, no health insurance, nothing.
Re: FG Partners China For New Steel Plant - The Nation Newspaper by Nicepoker(m): 11:45pm On Jan 04
ElSudani:

Not in the hands of people who know what they are doing.
Before any furnace is fired in ajaokuta. Coal, iron ore and limestone mining in Nigeria have to commence full operations.

(1) (Reply)

The Ijaw Boy Causing Nuisance In Nairaland / Faithia Williams Celebrates Her Estranged Husband, Saidi Balogun On His Birthday / NLC Protesters Enter National Assembly Without Resistance (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.