Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,566 members, 7,812,830 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead (52989 Views)

Baba Ijesha: “Nollywood Actresses Have Sex Freely” – Olofa Ina Attacks Iyabo Ojo / Davido Son's Name Is David Adedeji Ifeanyi Adeleke Jr (Photos, Video) / Olamide, Aisha Sulaiman, Their Son Batifeori Maximilliano Adedeji On School Runs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by foleskay(m): 11:56pm On Jan 04
Gosh. I watched his film few days ago on Africa magic Yoruba. Very talented,especially when he plays roles such as chief,family head or community leader. He was so versatile in Yoruba diction and proverbs. He speaks pure,unadulterated Yoruba. Rip baba.

7 Likes

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Laple0541(m): 11:57pm On Jan 04
money121:
R.ip LEGEND

THIS MAN AND Yoruba PROVERB ARE LIKE 5&6

The man get juju wella!

1 Like

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by ayandee: 12:06am On Jan 05
RIP. Baba olofa ina was a thorough-bred yoruba. He spoke yoruba very fluently using proverbs, idioms and non-verbal gestures reflective of the ways of the yoruba people of old.

2 Likes

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by StUriah(m): 12:20am On Jan 05
"Bi a ba pe'ri akoni, a o fi ida la'le ga-a-ra-ga"

Chief Adedeji Aderemi alias 'Olofa-Ina' served as the founder and pioneering leader of the Olofa-Ina Theatre Group from the late 1970s through the 90s. Hailing from Ede, he adopted the moniker "Olofa-Ina" as his stage name. It's noteworthy that the king of Ede holds the esteemed title of the first warrior to rule over Ede, known as 'Timi Agbale; Olofa-Ina, Okunrin bi Okuta.'

Fond memories arise of the Olofa-Ina Theatre Group entertaining us during our formative years.

The group produced various notable TV series and dramas, including but not limited to:

"Ogun Lakaye"
"Kogunmajalu"
"Ti Ibi, ti Ire"
"Ogidan"
"Ade Oba"
Additionally, the group made appearances in productions such as "Opa Aje", "Koto Orun," "Ogun Adubi", "Lisabi Agbongboakala", "Ogun Agbekoya", and "Aragberi", among others.

Sun re o!

Baba akomolede

May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by bhella10: 12:36am On Jan 05
StUriah:

Chief Adedeji Aderemi alias 'Olofa-Ina' served as the founder and pioneering leader of the Olofa-Ina Theatre Group from the late 1970s through the 90s. Hailing from Offa, he adopted the moniker "Olofa-Ina" as his stage name. It's noteworthy that the king of Ede holds the esteemed title of the first warrior to rule over Ede, known as 'Timi Agbale; Olofa-Ina, Okunrin bi Okuta.'

Fond memories arise of the Olofa-Ina Theatre Group entertaining us during our formative years.

The group produced various notable TV series and dramas, including but not limited to:

"Ogun Lakaye"
"Kogunmajalu"
"Ti Ibi, ti Ire"
"Ogidan"
"Ade Oba"
Additionally, the group made appearances in productions such as "Opa Aje" and "Koto Orun," among others.

Sun re o!

May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Kaare omo Agba!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by MrJames007: 12:37am On Jan 05
aribisala0:
Even if you don't know . They said he died it is better to show some respect and home training

Clearly you have none

No respect
No Heritage
No lineage
No manners and no training
A question for you

Who is your father?

Will his death make headlines?
Please calm down. smiley grin
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by essentialone(m): 12:40am On Jan 05
If he lived a good life, while still alive, may his soul Rest in Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by rockmite: 1:01am On Jan 05
cenaman:
Who be dis wan?
are ur generation under a curse?

2 Likes

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Farmerforgoats: 4:43am On Jan 05
Such a stupid take.
AderonkeOlaniyi:
We don't know him as a Nollywood actor. He was a Yoruba actor and not Nollywood.

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by placeofallure(f): 4:49am On Jan 05
Tinubulaba:
Which Nollywood?
Maybe Afonjawood

People have left that point where you are.

Yorubas in Nollywood are the pioneers and still the pacesetters. Go check out blockbuster movies and see the people behind them.... They're Ọmọluabis.

* The Wedding Party
* King of Thieves
* Ijakumo
* Your Excellency
* Chief Daddy
* Merry Men
* Brotherhood
* Ọmọ Ghetto: The Saga
* The Bling Lagosians
* Battle on Bukka Street
* She must be Obeyed
* A Tribe Called Judah
* Christmas in Miami
* Sugar Rush

We're on top undisputed! Love us or die hating. Atọọle!

Baba Olofa Ina, It's so sad to see you too go. You were a master of your craft. You had a good command of the Yoruba language embellishing your thoughts with axioms and proverbs. What about strength of character? You had it all. The generation of the legends is gradually trickling away. Sometimes I worry. I fear for you, I fear for Bàbá Adẹ́rùpọkọ̀, I fear for Bàbá Ẹ̀dá Oníléọlá, Í fear for Bàbá Wándé, and I pray for longer life for you. You seem to have succumbed. Ibikíbi tẹ bá wà, Afẹ́fẹ́ ire o.

You will be sorely missed. Rest on Legend!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by FireUpNow(m): 4:49am On Jan 05
My sincere condolences to his family

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:00am On Jan 05
davidtemi:
2024 don start with actors again. Na wa o
RIP sir

This man was 73.
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Sleekfingers: 5:19am On Jan 05
cenaman:
Who be dis wan?

Indimiw don finish your system.....
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by femi4: 5:20am On Jan 05
Omihanifa:
Hmm this life sha shocked shocked
I remember princess warning this man during the baba ijesha saga.

Infact there was one video princess did where she was blasting mama rainbow. She made a statement in yoruba language and said.

"Baba olofa ina should look back and check how many of them that came to court that day in support of baba ijesha and how many of them are remaining now.

She made this statement and I was shocked because it wasn't longer after DEJO died when she made that statement. Nah since that day I know say that matter get as e be.

Busy body

What she was referring to was support in terms of numbers.

The old man didn't do well in that saga, saying things like "it's not a new thing for an adult to rape,".... a minor for that matter.
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Sleekfingers: 5:22am On Jan 05
AderonkeOlaniyi:
We don't know him as a Nollywood actor. He was a Yoruba actor and not Nollywood.

WE?
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by femi4: 5:24am On Jan 05
AderonkeOlaniyi:

He featured in your so called Nollywood too

He was in Anikulapo
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by owoeye2: 5:26am On Jan 05
Movie marketers called him olofa fire. Great man. RIP.
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Sleekfingers: 5:28am On Jan 05
EleventhWeirdo:

Lol 1p0b cretin doesn't know that Nollywood means Nigerian movie industry be it English, Yoruba or Hausa. Illiteracy is toxic when combined with foolishness cheesy

I like your comment.......lots of children on this forum.....
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Telltruth123: 5:34am On Jan 05
Tinubulaba:
Which Nollywood?
Maybe Afonjawood
Your people's movies were popular because yoruba people were watching it.
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Mosba: 5:37am On Jan 05
This man was a very good actor. Will miss his acting.
Mutual riga n kowa

RIP
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by placeofallure(f): 5:41am On Jan 05
AderonkeOlaniyi:

Let me ask you, where do Yoruba theatre practitioners belong to? It has to be mediocrity or just sheer mischievousness to think otherwise.
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by placeofallure(f): 5:46am On Jan 05
aribisala0:
Even if you don't know . They said he died it is better to show some respect and home training

Clearly you have none

No respect
No Heritage
No lineage
A question for you

Who is your father?

Will his death make headlines?

Thank you, God bless you!
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by placeofallure(f): 5:48am On Jan 05
Xwizard:
Lere Paiymo

Not at all. Baba Lere Paimo is still very much alive. This is not him.
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by placeofallure(f): 6:03am On Jan 05
Krismas:
grin Guy wetin dey do u na?
He is not Lare Paiymo! Abi?
I tot Paiymo is Eda? Ogbori elemosho?
Am trying to figure who dis olofa ina is.
Is he abija?

No o, he's not Abìjà. One of the shortcomings of the movie industry is stereotyping actors. This man doesn't do warrior roles like Abìjà or Fádèyí Olóró. Neither does he do babalawo roles like Àpinni Òòṣà or Lálùdé. Rather he acts as a chief or family head. He is almost always upright in character roles. This man can arrange Nigeria if given the chance because he was an expert in settling family disputes.

RIP Bàbá Olọ́fà Iná

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Faitholu(m): 6:09am On Jan 05
aribisala0:
So he is supposed to live forever
Princess won't die? Is there any person that won't die?
A man of 74 years .

Is that age sure for your princess or even YOU?
So he died because he went to court that day?

Sometimes it is better to keep quiet
If you do
people will assume you are sensible
Honestly, I feel like sending you my salary in January as gift to appreciate this response of yours.
You did not only hit the nail on the head, you finished that loose commenter by asking him to close mouth. At least people would presume he's sensible, not knowing he's bereft of logic and intelligence. I respect you Sir
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by pikechukwu6(m): 6:11am On Jan 05
RIP sir
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by placeofallure(f): 6:13am On Jan 05
StUriah:

Chief Adedeji Aderemi alias 'Olofa-Ina' served as the founder and pioneering leader of the Olofa-Ina Theatre Group from the late 1970s through the 90s. Hailing from Ede, he adopted the moniker "Olofa-Ina" as his stage name. It's noteworthy that the king of Ede holds the esteemed title of the first warrior to rule over Ede, known as 'Timi Agbale; Olofa-Ina, Okunrin bi Okuta.'

"Ogun Lakaye"
"Kogunmajalu"
"Ti Ibi, ti Ire"
"Ogidan"
"Ade Oba"
Additionally, the group made appearances in productions such as "Opa Aje", "Koto Orun," "Ogun Adubi", "Lisabi Agbongboakala", "Ogun Agbekoya", and "Aragberi", among others.

Sun re o!

Baba akomode

May your gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

Thank you. God bless you.
Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by Adufeamos: 6:18am On Jan 05
R.I.P Baba Olofa, I respect this man for uplifting Yoruba culture. He Sabi Ogidi Yoruba and proverb with one mama lik that

1 Like

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by HenryWilliams(m): 6:28am On Jan 05
[quote author=aribisala0 post=127782779] Even if you don't know . They said he died it is better to show some respect and home training

Clearly you have none

No respect
No Heritage
No lineage
A question for you

Who is your father?

Will his death make headlines?[/quote

Don't you know he's igbó?
Tribe known for being utterly and completely useless in terms of social relations ]

1 Like

Re: Adedeji Aderemi 'Olofa Ina' Is Dead by aribisala0(m): 7:03am On Jan 05
HenryWilliams:
Don't you know he's igbó?
makes sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido Styles His Daughter, Imade For Church Service / DJ Cuppy Flaunts Her Mercedes-Benz SLR Mclaren Worth 25 Million / Davido Dancing With His Father At His Sister's Wedding -- ( Pic / Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.