Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG (8689 Views)

Meet The White Britons Who Cannot Read Or Write In English / Video Of Pupils Singing National Anthem In A Flooded School In Nigeria / Anambra Commences On Air Teaching Of Pupils, Students Today On ABS Radio 88.5FM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Putinofrussia: 8:26am On Jan 05
Bendeco2020:

Loud mouth

Are you more brilliant than Igbos in your street?

I can bet my last card that if survey or competition is carried out between those Enugu students and Osun students they will still beat you.

Igbos are not intelligent yet their students keep dominating in your region.

If they release best performance after WAEC in SW schools, Igbo names will full there.

If your institutions release best students, you will be hearing/seeing Igbo names.

Tell yourself the truth, they are smarter than you.

Being curny is different from smartness. Let your curny behavior don't deceive you thinking that you're smarter or more intelligent than Igbos
lol
Just 2 simple questions and the answers point to the more intelligent between Yorubas and Igbos.
Question:
When did Igbos begin to learn how to wear clothes?
Answer:
1920 cheesy
Yorubas never walked naked because of their high intelligence.

Question:
Who taught Igbos how to read and write and wrote their first primer?

Answer:
A Yoruba man called Àjàyí crowther.He wrote Igbo first primer in 1859.
Lobatan. cheesy
No more argument jooor grin

2 Likes

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by adesoji2faith: 8:28am On Jan 05
Whataboutism people don start. This topic is about Enugu. See how you conveniently introduce another region. Nawa for igbos o.Whataboutism people don start. This topic is about Enugu. See how you conveniently introduce another region. Nawa for igbos o....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by EJEGBULEJE: 8:37am On Jan 05
Everything is fake...they forge results to portray themselves as top educated States...

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Harddiskng(m): 8:47am On Jan 05
50% is a impressive number though.

Well ones that can read should teach the ones that cannot read. Problem solved wink
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by biaframaster200: 8:48am On Jan 05
And these fools will be claiming they they got the best results in WaEc and Jamb..yet they cannot read and write....it is easier to pay mercenaries tow write WAEc and Jamb for them....than to create time and.learn...

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Skoolextra: 9:05am On Jan 05
There is relationship between poverty and ability to learn. A child that goes to school with an empty stomach can't assimilate anything.
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Skoolextra: 9:06am On Jan 05
There is relationship between poverty and ability to learn. A child on an empty stomach can't assimilate anything.
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by BadBradley: 9:13am On Jan 05
NextAbuja:
Some of those lowlifes are now being recruited to constitute nuisance on social media n insult those rich enough to feed their fathers till eternity n beyond.

what's wealth or riches have to do with the topic?
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Maxtipulation(m): 9:22am On Jan 05
Richtaiwo:
Most igbos I have come across in lagos are illiterates, at most semi literates. This is not insult but personal observation.

While must of the Yorubas have come across in Lagos are literates, fully and well educated but seen collecting OWOMIDA at bus/stop, doing VALCANIZER, selling ALAGBODE O, sell EWA AGOYIN, doing DRIVER and BUS CONDUCTOR while their professor is MC Oluomo

This is not insult o but just personally research.

Kwasia
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Obiedun(m): 9:37am On Jan 05
Armaggedon:
We hope ronu states that are coming to feast on this have Up to 10% literacy.
No wonder you reason this way!
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by BreconHills(m): 9:39am On Jan 05
Armaggedon:

No need to prime the battle field. It is a tragedy that so many of our youth and young children are educationally deficient. It doesn't matter which state they are from. State is not the issue. Future national productivity should be our focus. There is no point having a young population if the quality of that population is suspect. Its like a farmer having a large herd of cattle with 80% sick.

We all need to be concerned. This is not a state issue.
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by richeeyo(m): 9:40am On Jan 05
Christistruth03:
Many of them are on Nairaland
Their knowledge of History is even far worse it is absolutely Calamitous
A National Tragedy
How would they have knowledge of history when they don't actually have any
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by EEIA: 9:47am On Jan 05
Christistruth03:
Many of them are on Nairaland
Their knowledge of History is even far worse it is absolutely Calamitous
A National Tragedy
If only they knew the real unbiased story of the civil war.
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by uuzba(m): 9:52am On Jan 05
Richtaiwo:
Most igbos I have come across in lagos are illiterates, at most semi literates. This is not insult but personal observation.
They aren't "illiterate" per say,
They PURPOSEFULLY REJECT Western Education.
Unfortunately, they don't have sufficient Igbo education to fill in the gaps.
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by uuzba(m): 9:53am On Jan 05
richeeyo:

How would they have knowledge of history when they don't actually have any
Everybody has a history.
It's left to you to write it down and learn from it.
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Mikkeal: 9:58am On Jan 05
Armaggedon:
Come to Ekiti and see the level of literacy ,just ask a random okada man a simple question and see him engage you in perfect English
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by IBB007: 10:10am On Jan 05
Lol…billionaires don’t need education
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Zeebuy: 10:15am On Jan 05
Richtaiwo:
You sef know this is a big lie.

Every average Igbo man can, at least, read and write. I've never met any who can't do these two. This is in stark contrast to what I discovered during my days in Ogun Waterside
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Indispensable85(m): 10:21am On Jan 05
Most of them are males. They should send them to Lagos for trade as usual. Their females are usually more intelligent.
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by jude79(m): 10:33am On Jan 05
Brenbentondiaz:

Or probably like everything ibo those WAEC matters they're topping were achieved through dubious means (miracle centres). Mmesoma (who ibos massively supported in her fraud) comes to mind.

Are you saying that south east will soon join Southwest in producing students and leaders parading waec results from schools that are yet to come into existence, I think the iboes will not be blamed if they go that route, since the president himself, got his own gce four years from the time the school he graduated from came into existence, if South East joins Southwest in this fraud, then Nigeria is gone.

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Enemyofpeace: 10:37am On Jan 05
Igbo amaka. The brown roofs are far better than them

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by lekanation(m): 10:58am On Jan 05
Armaggedon:
They are the most educated tribe in nigeria for a reason. wink if you're talking about businesses it's the igbo tribe for sure
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Offpoint1: 11:04am On Jan 05
Danisaint112:
I schooled in in the North (Abuja to be precise )when I was growing up and I will tell you this for free; even a Jss3 grandpa of northern origin in public schools can't read or struggle to.

It's norm here. We can easily put the figures at 90 percent. Only students brushed up from private schools mostly display intelligence.
Lol, north... Even ss3 there are lots of them struggling to read.

It's hard to see an Hausa who was born and raised in the north who can read in their jss days.
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by realestate99: 12:01pm On Jan 05
Bendeco2020:

Loud mouth

Are you more brilliant than Igbos in your street?

I can bet my last card that if survey or competition is carried out between those Enugu students and Osun students they will still beat you.

Igbos are not intelligent yet their students keep dominating in your region.

If they release best performance after WAEC in SW schools, Igbo names will full there.

If your institutions release best students, you will be hearing/seeing Igbo names.

Tell yourself the truth, they are smarter than you.

Being curny is different from smartness. Let your curny behavior don't deceive you thinking that you're smarter or more intelligent than Igbos
Calling an Igbo intelligent is an actual abuse of the word "intelligence", show me statistics where igbos are leading in South West universities and secondary schools or shut that your big mouth.

I served in Enugu state and I can tell you that the educational system there is beyond rotten, South East only leads in W.A.E.C because of malpractice, nothing more. The teachers then in Enugu were just collecting free money, it was like an adult education set up, I have never seen such educational comatose in my entire existence, I always laugh when I see the Igbo W.A.E.C stats, a group that is notorious for bending the rule in all areas of human endeavors won't stop when it comes to exam malpractice.

And get it to your flat skull, till this world expires, you will never be tantamount to a Yoruba man, all your tribe's dreams and aspirations already is in yorubas hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by jogojogo: 1:01pm On Jan 05
SeeWahala:
Chai. Does this mean all those other states that the south east tops in schooling and waec matters are all filled with 80% olodos who can't read nor write in class?

Because we all know that the south east is far more literate than they are undecided

This statistic if true spells doom for the rest of the country (except if no be statistics we go chop) grin

Edit

To all those quoting me please remind me where that place called OLUWOLE was situated in those days . . . undecided
Mo. It shows they have been doing well through illicit processes of examination malpractices
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by jogojogo: 1:02pm On Jan 05
realestate99:

Calling an Igbo intelligent is an actual abuse of the word "intelligence", show me statistics where igbos are leading in South West universities and secondary schools or shut that your big mouth.

I served in Enugu state and I can tell you that the educational system there is beyond rotten, South East only leads in W.A.E.C because of malpractice, nothing more. The teachers then in Enugu were just collecting free money, it was like an adult education set up, I have never seen such educational comatose in my entire existence, I always laugh when I see the Igbo W.A.E.C stats, a group that is notorious for bending the rule in all areas of human endeavors won't stop when it comes to exam malpractice.

And get it to your flat skull, till this world expires, you will never be tantamount to a Yoruba man, all your tribe's dreams and aspirations already is in yorubas hand.
Don't mind them as of we don't know

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by pquaver(m): 1:10pm On Jan 05
aljharem:

Exactly.

This is a national issue

NO IT IS NOT.. IT IS AN ENUGU ISSUE!!!

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by Putinofrussia: 1:25pm On Jan 05
lol
Just 2 simple questions and the answers point to the more intelligent between Yorubas and Igbos.
Question:
When did Igbos begin to learn how to wear clothes?
Answer:
1920 up till 1959. cheesy
Yorubas never walked naked because of their high intelligence.

Question:
Who taught Igbos how to read and write and wrote their first primer?

Answer:
A Yoruba man called Àjàyí crowther.He wrote Igbo first primer in 1859
....and when they could not assimilate properly,

he wrote the first Igbo Dictionary/vocabulary in 1882.
Lobatan. cheesy
No more argument.

1 Like

Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by ajibade971: 1:50pm On Jan 05
Omoooooo!.But Enugu pupils in Lagos are extremely brilliant. I think it's the system there.Omoooooo!.But Enugu pupils in Lagos are extremely brilliant. I think it's the system there....
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by ambale(m): 2:51pm On Jan 05
It's a national issue ooo, a pandemic of sort sef

Most of these students just believe with their monies they would buy their way out

So pathetic a situation
Re: 50% Of Pupils In Enugu State Cannot Read, Says SSG by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:59pm On Jan 05
NextAbuja:
Some of those lowlifes are now being recruited to constitute nuisance on social media n insult those rich enough to feed their fathers till eternity n beyond.

You’re a Igbo-hating troll…probably quoting yourself or a known accomplice! That being said, please don’t expose your idiocy on this forum any further while engaging in your favourite pastime!

Pray, how can one who can’t read have the necessary tools of literacy and comprehension to be able to ‘constitute a nuisance on social-Media’!? Even from its descriptive name social-media, it presupposes a lot of reading and writing would be involved!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ABSU Resumes 2nd December (UPDATED WITH THE CURRENT ACADEMIC TIME-TABLE) / TRABAJO Yah...school Of Prostitution / If You Didn't School In Any Of This 20 universities,then You Are Still A Jambite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.