Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,269 members, 7,811,779 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi (10389 Views)

Vincent Enyeama Named Greatest African Goalkeeper Of All Time By IFFHS / Who Is The Greatest African Player Of All Time? Goal.com Question Sparks Debate / Olga Diyachenko Welcomes Nigeria To Russia With Loved Up Photo With Mikel Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by masseratti: 11:14am On Jan 05
Onyeigbo10000:
As for me, Samuel Eto'o fil is my greatest African footballer of all time, the only person close to him is formal Liberia president George weah.
i agree with you though
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by sexyteeola(f): 11:16am On Jan 05
See this idiot… Weah, Eto followed by Kanu.

Mikel is actually stupid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by hstar: 11:24am On Jan 05
theophorus:
Kai! Not even Our Jayjay?

Mike, we understand your plight ehn, so no worry. But we go encourage you make remove that bais prism wen you dey take look front.
Peace!
Boss, okocha sef dey beef am,

Mikel has a good relationship with kanu than okocha

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by ruggedtimi(m): 11:27am On Jan 05
I was privileged to watch weah play during the 2002 nations cup in nigeria.
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Goodnewsforlife: 11:29am On Jan 05
Noniblaq:
Nobody reach okocha abeg
what are his achievements n contributions to both club n country?

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Goodnewsforlife: 11:50am On Jan 05
gratefulheart:
You must be a joke.

The greatest Africa player is JJ Okocha.
Whatever he is doing with his endorsement is his problem.

Mikel Obi is overrated and he has not achieved 50% of Okocha's achievement or doesn't have 50% Okocha's skill.

Mikel is far below... jealous kid.

list the so called achievements of okocha both for club n country?

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by okorogodwin4(m): 11:54am On Jan 05
Drogba is the Goat

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Judd007: 11:57am On Jan 05
Garba Lawal is the greatest, na you know
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by DJInfluence: 11:59am On Jan 05
Can't argue with his choice though I'll pick E'eto over Drogba.
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Slimwhyt(m): 12:00pm On Jan 05
Eto any time any day

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by funshint(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05
Zonefree:
Let's be frank, Okocha is slightly overrated.

Mikel Obi achieved more in football than him.

Okocha is stingy and he also endorsed Betking to sapa men.

He's not even in Africa top 100 embarassed
You don't mention Okocha and mention any other player; even Ronaldinho knows this. His only offence is him not being a Cameroonian or a Brazilian it you understand what I mean wink

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by yinkeys(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05
Eto’o is way ahead of Drogba
Eto’o was consistent
With more achievements too
I guess people weren’t regularly watching la Liga & serie A then
One time top 3 ballon d’or and European footballer of the year

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by anonymous1759(m): 12:19pm On Jan 05
Fatbam005:
send your aza mk I find something for you

grin grin grin I Dey alright use the moni feed yourself.
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Duru009(m): 12:24pm On Jan 05
Samuel Eto'o remains the GREATEST player in Africa continent!?

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by femi4: 12:40pm On Jan 05
Zonefree:

You don't even know football. What individual award did Mikel win as established player. Most of his award came in Chelsea shirt where Drogba was the key player

Okocha won BBC Africa footballer of the year
Highest goal scorers in 2 Afcon
Best goal in bundesliga n france

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Fatbam005: 12:48pm On Jan 05
anonymous1759:

grin grin grin I Dey alright use the moni feed yourself.
I doubt this, you dey one corner dey regret your reply. Anyways the offer last till 6pm today.
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by anonymous1759(m): 12:51pm On Jan 05
cheesy
Fatbam005:
I doubt this, you dey one corner dey regret your reply. Anyways the offer last till 6pm today.

cheesy grin Go to the nearest bridge you’ll see beggars there use the money on them .
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Tom1960: 12:52pm On Jan 05
When it comes to entertainment, give it to Okocha.

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Fatbam005: 12:54pm On Jan 05
anonymous1759:
cheesy

cheesy grin Go to the nearest bridge you’ll see beggars there use the money on them .
You don't even know the amount we are talking about here. Oga send aza
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Peacfulmindset: 12:55pm On Jan 05
That's actually his opinion.
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by bentenny(m): 12:58pm On Jan 05
Etoo is miles ahead of every other African player both playing or retired in terms of accolades!
Won the UCL and country's title in two different clubs!
Won the African nations cup more than once with Cameroun

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Integrafamoo: 1:01pm On Jan 05
chisomkachy:
Mikel: We have had great players and legends in Africa: Okocha, Kanu, Samuel Eto'o and Yaya Toure but ...

The Will Newspaper

Do you agree?
For me, after Okocha, na Okocha. I stopped watching African matches after his retirement

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by yommen: 1:14pm On Jan 05
Onyeigbo10000:
As for me, Samuel Eto'o fil is my greatest African footballer of all time, the only person close to him is formal Liberia president George weah.

Weah is the only African to have won world footballer of the year in year 1995. So he is obviously the greatest African footballer. I'll put Eto'o in no 2.

2 Likes

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Abufo: 1:26pm On Jan 05
Zonefree:

Okocha over rated?.........na rating you dey check or is it artistry...........no wonder nigerian stadia are now empty? Okocha,odegbami,Henry Nwosu...etim esin are players that drag you to the stadium.......whether they are effective is not the issue! Athletes pretending to be soccer wizards will not make you walk 5 miles to a stadium cos all you have is only gatefee........gerrit!

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Indispensable85(m): 1:28pm On Jan 05
Weah is in a class of his own as the only African player to have won the world's best footballer of the year.

That said, nobody comes near JJ Okocha in Africa. He shone like a million stars in lowly rated average teams. The others played with great players in some of the biggest clubs in Europe. JJ Okocha was not just lucky with medals and individual awards.

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by yomi531(m): 1:38pm On Jan 05
Eto'o is a million times better than Drogba. He can dribble past his marker, can shoot, head name it. He won Olympics, 2 AFcons , 2 times treble winner at club level. He's the highest goal scorer in AFcon. A player like KANU never scored in AFcon. Weah despite being a former ballon dor winner never played in a FIFA WC. I as a football fan had this phobia anytime I see my team (Nigeria , Man u) playing against Etos teams. That guy don really punish me. AFcon finals 2000 in Lagos, Man u vs barca 2009 cl finals, even Arsenal vs barca 2006. In fact, Arsenal was very close to winning their first ever Cl crown b4, Eto scored with his great positioning skills and speed. That guy is too much. He also won league titles in Spain and Italy. Weah too was very very good. There was a goal he scored against Verona (while he was at Milan). Oboy, he dribbled from his own half and scored. Etoo and weah are up there. Drogba no reach. Drogba wey no sabi dribble sef😅. Drogba, Weah and KANU never won the AFcon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Lifemanage: 1:50pm On Jan 05
Drogba was a charismatic football beast that year

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Omenlon: 2:25pm On Jan 05
George Weah all times no one because of his feat in winning Ballon d'or. followed by Samuel Eto' fil. Who won everything in football except the world cup.
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by alobright17(m): 2:25pm On Jan 05
Zonefree:

Eto nko ?
Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by abobote: 2:51pm On Jan 05
Enddy50ty:
Eto’o is the greatest followed by Drogba then Mikel himself.
I know there’s Kanu, Okocha, Roger Miler, George Weah and co but the above ☝🏾 mentioned is my pick.
Mikel before Yaya toure? The midfield ambassador, Mikel is not even in top 10

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by mayor1814: 2:59pm On Jan 05
If George weah had been a star studded team like Cameroon, we will not even be having any debate. George weah remains the best African footballer of all time.

1 Like

Re: Weah, Drogba Are For Me The Greatest African Players Of All Time - Mikel Obi by Shikena(m): 3:11pm On Jan 05
Roger MIlla don lost?

For me, Weah is untouchable. Kanu, Etoo and Okocha above Drogba.

Mikel is not even in the picture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rohr Tips Super Eagles To Beat Black Stars / SURE October 2017 Cheat To Win Bet9ja Virtual League / Why Are Super Falcons Only Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.