Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 PM

Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market (381 Views)

Naira Depreciates To N1,305/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Depreciates To ₦‎1,300/$ In Official Market / Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by ogododo: 1:22pm On Jan 05
The naira yesterday depreciated to N1,240 per dollar in the parallel market from N1,235 per dollar on Wednesday.

However, the naira appreciated to N895.23 per dollar in the Nigerian Foreign Exchange Market (NAFEM), thus widening the gap between the official and parallel market exchange rates to N344.77 per dollar yesterday from N199.88 per dollar on Wednesday.

Data from FMDQ showed that the indicative exchange rate for NAFEM fell to N895.23 per dollar from N1,035.12 per dollar on Wednesday, indicating N139.77 appreciation for the naira.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/01/naira-depreciates-to-n1240-in-official-market/amp/

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by oldguyman: 1:23pm On Jan 05
Our government's bad and selfish interests have practically crippled our economy. This damage will stay along because I still don't get it how on earth will a government empty her treasury to finance an individual business.

Dangote refinery has finished us as a country.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by Ikaeniyan0: 1:31pm On Jan 05
oldguyman:
Our government's bad and selfish interests have practically crippled our economy. This damage will stay along because I still don't get it how on earth will a government empty her treasury to finance an individual business.

Dangote refinery has finished us as a country.
You go wail tire
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by Tochi3(m): 1:32pm On Jan 05
...where are those calling PO's name up & down

..they should come here & defend master bulaba..

..In the face of all these disaster...Just look at the thread that was opened to blame PO for the failures of the roasted electricity drug Baron below

https://www.nairaland.com/7959065/whats-connection-peter-obi-odogwu#127788544

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by CodeTemplar: 1:37pm On Jan 05
Topic says official market but content say parallel market. Conflicting information. I am guessing it is parallel market.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by SOSinNigeria: 1:45pm On Jan 05
This country is gone. I knew this was going to happen after they exhausted their excuses and propaganda about refinery coming on stream last December.

I hurriedly changed my money into dollars these past of couple of weeks. First time I bought was 1210 per $. Second time few days later, it was 1215 per dollar then yesterday it jumped to 1225 per dollar. This was the best rates and by next week, I will reduce every local currency I have to 100,000 naira. What's the need having a worthless currency that keeps depreciating daily.

Salary earners are completely screwed. In fact, virtually everyone transacting in our local currency are in trouble. Very soon, only dirty gwura gwura vehicles in remain in our roads since tokunbo would be out of reach.

Adieu Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by nairalanda1(m): 3:35pm On Jan 05
Ikaeniyan0:
You go wail tire

Oga, better stop this comment. This is how you APC supporters lose voters.

Plus, let's be honest. In 2015, N215 was equal to one dollar. Your party rightly told us it was unacceptable. Nigerians voted for you. Now it is five times that, you did not diversify the economy, or take hard decisions you need to make, and here we are.

APC was supposed to improve on PDP. iNSTEAD, it is worse than PDP.

I no support PDP, LP, nor am I IPOB, nor do I support your party, and as for wailing...have been wailing over bad government for a very long time. So no use that kin joke on me.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by KwuoteYourFada: 4:08pm On Jan 05
Lol cheesy

How time flies

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by Lastmankc(m): 4:11pm On Jan 05
Ikaeniyan0:
You go wail tire
If this all you can say,I really pity your future and the people around you.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,240/$ In Parallel Market by ogododo: 4:58pm On Jan 06
How much dollar come be today?

(1) (Reply)

Seeking Financial Partner: investors on board. / Meet Nigeria’s First Millionaire Candido Da Rocha Who Sent His Clothes To Britai / Exporting Bitter Cola And Cashew Nuts In Small Scale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.