Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:48 PM

The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! (13399 Views)

Emir Sanusi Replies Diezani Allison-Madueke / Dieziani Allison-Madueke Visits Abdulsalami Abubakar In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2011
What else are we waiting for
Even an international body has recognized the report as worthy of awards
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by YOMIT(m): 4:12pm On Nov 04, 2011
one one day the bush meat go catch d hunters, God dey, angry
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 4:14pm On Nov 04, 2011
But for now the hunter is smilling to d banks wit millions of bush meat in his kitty!
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by johnblaze1: 4:14pm On Nov 04, 2011
Want a chance to win ipad 2? sign up for free http://www.spinglo.com/i/nnamdi offer last till november 11
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by niyooo(m): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2011
There is truly no hope for this nation. It's so sad. cry cry cry
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 5:12pm On Nov 04, 2011
DrummaBoy:

But for now the hunter is smilling to d banks wit millions of bush meat in his kitty!

Indeed. Do you not remember when Danjuma bragged of making so much money ($500 million) from oil he was stupefied as to how to spend it. It is a disgusting network of Vultures and mindless leeches sucking the Nation dry from one government to the next.This is why we call them AGIPs i.e any government in power. I think it is an open secret that GEJ is the AGIP king of all Nigerian Presidents since 1999.  Personally, I reckon things are worse under GEJ because he is uniquely rendered very impotent and unable to call anyone to order as per how he rose to power on AGIP 'backing'. They were all queeing to 'endorse' their new messiah who would ensure "food is ready" politics continue. 

We all know that Nigeria's wealth is in the hands of a minute number of rapacious and greedy folks with no conscience whatsoever. This is why the only Presidential candidates I could ever support would be those , regardless of flaws, committed more to the 'talakawas' than to anything else. When we have a President who really respect ordinary Nigerians, beyond mere words, then we will see changes.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/os2911.html

I made $500 million from oil block -TY Danjuma

A former Minister of Defence, Lt.-Gen Theophilus Danjuma, shocked his audience at a consultative meeting his Foundation and some Non-Governmental Organisations had in Abuja on Wednesday when he narrated how he made $500m from an oil business, and was in a fix on how to spend it.

The chief executives of the NGOs at the meeting could not believe their ears after hearing Danjuma’s narration.

The former Chief of Army Staff said the $500m, came as his profit from the total of $1bn he had realised from selling an oil block, which was allocated to him 12 years ago.

About $500m had been used to settle some pressing personal issues, pay his staff, and tax to the government.

He recalled that the story started 12 years ago when he was allocated an oil block by the regime of late Gen. Sani Abacha.

He said that the oil block which was in Port Harcourt, River State, however, took him about 10 years before his company first struck oil. Luckily for him, by this time, the price of oil had soared in the international market.

He said this made him to sell the block because he knew that “whatever goes up must come down,” stressing that the deal fetched him $1bn.

He also said that he was left with ‘just’ $500m after he had taken care of the essentials of life.
advertisement

He said that he was not sure whether the money would be secured in the bank. Still, he said that he contemplated saving the money for his children. Yet, a second thought, told him this was not the wisest thing to do as his children might fight over it after his death. So, what would he do with the money?

“It was at this junction I decided to establish a foundation which I have committed $100m to. Before I ventured into the business, I told the participants how I retired early from the army.

“I retired at an early age of 41 from the army; it was also because I got to the top early and after that, I started shipping business and became reasonably rich.”

Danjuma wondered what he would be doing with an extra $500m at the age of 72, saying, “I decided to set up a foundation and endow it with my fund. This is because the Nigerian government no matter how noble its intentions cannot address these challenges on its own.

“In fact, in all developed countries, the implementation of social projects is never the sole responsibility of government; there are often strong collaborations as well as the private sector.”
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Pennywise(m): 5:14pm On Nov 04, 2011
@OP
The title of this thread takes a lot away from the thread. It should be reframed to reflect what it is truly abt which is Allison Diezani Madueke and the shame of a nation.

I read about this scandal a while back and I tot that our lawmakers will take note of it b4 confirming her as a minister. But they did not. And like a famous writer said he who the gods want to punish, they first make deaf. God is about to punish all the Nigerian lawmakers who confirmed Diezani minister of the FRN.

A lot was revealed about the same time regarding her purported educational qualifications that she acquired in the States. This woman does not have the intelligence and there is nothing in her background that qualifies her for that position. How can GEJ and his handlers be aware of this rot in his cabinet and do nothing. This infact is an impeacheable offence in a true democracy.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 5:31pm On Nov 04, 2011
Pennywise:

@OP
The title of this thread takes a lot away from the thread. It should be reframed to reflect what it is truly abt which is Allison Diezani Madueke and the shame of a nation.

I read about this scandal a while back and I tot that our lawmakers will take note of it b4 confirming her as a minister. But they did not. And like a famous writer said he who the gods want to punish, they first make deaf. God is about to punish all the Nigerian lawmakers who confirmed Diezani minister of the FRN.

A lot was revealed about the same time regarding her purported educational qualifications that she acquired in the States. This woman does not have the intelligence and there is nothing in her background that qualifies her for that position. How can GEJ and his handlers be aware of this rot in his cabinet and do nothing. This infact is an impeacheable offence in a true democracy.

you may be correct. I will change the title now.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:33pm On Nov 04, 2011
Couldn't agree more, very wicked nation indeed. The attrocities number into its billions. SMH embarassed
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 5:44pm On Nov 04, 2011
Pennywise:

@OP

I was literally speechless when I read the revelations about Allison-Madueke. I did my best , before she was confirmed as returning Petroleum Minister, to post the article here but my posts were deleted as soon as I submitted them. In the end I was banned and only unbanned after she had been confirmed. Go figure. It is my personal belief that everything possible was done to make sure Allison-Madueke scaled through. Apparently GEJ was very impressed with her ability to deliver the large 'change' for various 'projects'.

GEJ, with the help of the likes of Allison-Madueke, throws money at everything. They will attempt to use money to secure the 7 year single tenure and other 'worthy' projects. The ever 'reliable' rubber stamp Allison-Madueke will be there to 'deliver' for Mr. President.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Pukkah: 5:52pm On Nov 04, 2011
Gbawe:

I was literally speechless when I read the revelations about Allison-Madueke. I did my best , before she was confirmed as returning Petroleum Minister, to post the article here but my posts were deleted as soon as I submitted them. In the end I was banned and only unbanned after she had been confirmed. Go figure. It is my personal belief that everything possible was done to make sure Allison-Madueke scaled through. Apparently GEJ was very impressed with her ability to deliver the large 'change' for various 'projects'.

This is a serious and worrisome one.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Pennywise(m): 5:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
Gbawe:

This suggests some kind of censorship going on here on NL. If that is the case, then it is unfortunate. NL will appear to be prostituting itself for patronage. This is a serious allegation that deserves explanation from the owner of this forum. Because If it is true then it means NL cannot be trusted and anonymity on this forum can no longer be guarranteed to political gangsters that rules the country at various levels
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 04, 2011
Yes ooh!

We had a better living standards and quality of life under Abacha.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.32.html
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 6:17pm On Nov 04, 2011
Pennywise:

This suggests some kind of censorship going on here on NL. If that is the case, then it is unfortunate. NL will appear to be prostituting itself for patronage. This is a serious allegation that deserves explanation from the owner of this forum. Because If it is true then it means NL cannot be trusted and anonymity on this forum can no longer be guarranteed to political gangsters that rules the country at various levels

My brother, I am not the type to make these sort of allegations lightly or maliciously. unlike most, I could not care less if banned permanently. To that extent, I will always tell my experience truthfully to the forum and damn the consequences. I posted the article several times , with link, yet it disappeared as soon as posted. I am not one to give up either or be put off easily. So, I kept trying to repost the article , fastidously following the rules, but was banned in the end. I felt it was important for one of Nigeria's most well-read forum to pass on the message of Allison-Madueke's grossly corrupt conduct before she was returned as Petroleum Minister. Meanwhile others had their agenda of making sure nothing endangered the return of Allison-Madueke. Nairaland is most certainly compromised. Folks should take it from me. I can never understand why some would do something so treacherous against their own nation . For what ? A couple of grands ? when future generations will be ruined by how Danjuma et al have billions of dollars they don't know how to spend while our fellow Nigerians live in abject poverty?
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Skii(m): 6:44pm On Nov 04, 2011
Nairaland you fall my hand, Seun you fall my hand
tongue tongue tongue
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by OmoTier1(m): 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2011
Mark it, Jonathan will be the first Nigeria ex-president in this democratic dispensation to coolly in jail.

I have always had this inkling that Alison is innately corrupt and highly compromised as an individual, hence unfit to hold any high office in Nigeria.

Watching her yesterday trying to arm twist the NNPC debt profile,I felt like giving her a silly slap. Her lips are seasoned with excutive lies!
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by ArQuAbOy(m): 9:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
Skii:

Nairaland you fall my hand, Seun you fall my hand
tongue tongue tongue
i smell temp. Ban
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by OmoTier1(m): 10:04pm On Nov 04, 2011
@Gbawe,
Do you have any evidence to prove your allegations against Seun?

I know couple of others (from either side of the divide)have made similar allegations against Seun and I really hope Seun is not this compromised yet!

I hate despotic opportunist and really I hope Seun is not one of them.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 04, 2011
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-643162.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-699899.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-729480.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-700292.0.html

some of next's exposes of our 'super amazon'

of course, she is going nowhere - since the word is that when the dunce in chief is not running after australian poontang, h is getting it from our oyel amazon - keep it in state i guess.

and some of the bs we have come to expect from the 'let my sister steal 'brigade

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-700706.32.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-730835.0.html

i wonder where beaf is to come and rehash his line about her being chased by shell  cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Dede1(m): 10:26pm On Nov 04, 2011
@POST

If Diezani Allison-Madueke and Christopher Aire were lifting only 60,000 barrels of crude oil per day, I should say emphatically Diezani Madueke was/is blatantly dozing off on duty and should be replaced immediately.

Also, if the so-called award on investigative journalism given to those named hack writers is based on the Diezani, Aire and crude oil episode, then the award is a deliberate show of idiocy.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by otokx(m): 10:38pm On Nov 04, 2011
Shaking my head and wondering why Nigeria is not yet bankrupt.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by AfroBlue(m): 11:47pm On Nov 04, 2011
Great job Oga Gbawe, your thread is power packed with the truth, and is most informative and educational. Kudos and respect to the brave journalists that go deep to research a story. Sad thing is that there is corruption all over the world.

Also, much props to Oga Oyb for posting those supporting threads on the topic. I read every one to gain some knowledge of the quagmire.

I've only been on NL (which I love the 9ja repartee) for a month and it seems like I get that ban bot almost every other day. smiley
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 12:46am On Nov 05, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

@Gbawe,
Do you have any evidence to prove your allegations against Seun?

I know couple of others (from either side of the divide)have made similar allegations against Seun and I really hope Seun is not this compromised yet!

I hate despotic opportunist and really I hope Seun is not one of them.

I don't have to prove anything. Suffice to say I never make things up . In any case, how can I prove anything when not a moderator with access to records that can show what is deleted and stifled? Nairalanders can judge me from my time here to make up their minds as per whether I speak the truth or not when I said that it was impossible for me to post an article that could have threatened the chances of  Allison-Madueke being re-confirmed as petroleum minister. My brother, believe me when I say I have no 'angle' or ulterior motivation. How can you buy those secure in themselves and extremely happy with what they have? I am only here commenting because I want Nigeria to  develop into a nation where the[b] minimal[/b] aspirations of Nigerians will be met satisfactorily.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Kilode1: 1:52am On Nov 05, 2011
Although i shouldn't be but, I'm a bit surprised at the number of people that claimed they missed this story when 234NExT broke it, especially those who frequent the NL politics section?

234next should not be walking this path alone though. Shame on us, shame on all those bootlicking worthless papers and journalists we have in Nigeria. Those recyclers of official propaganda. SMH

No wonder 234next failed. People no dey read am, but they believe NTA and Facebook fan page propagandists. undecided
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by meonbooty: 2:45am On Nov 05, 2011
Nothing is proven yet. 234Next didnt do their homework very well, No corroborative objective evidence. No pictures, photocopies of receipts etc. We all need to be careful with all these allegations flying around.
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Johndoe100(m): 3:44am On Nov 05, 2011
When will all the haters quit? Don't you understand that we have left you behind? What are you reduced to? Let's see:

1. Gripping on an anonymous forum where it has been proved you speak for no one in the real world.
2. Articles that no one other than haters reads or even cares about.

Is this not pathetic?
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by goksonjay(m): 6:01am On Nov 05, 2011
No doubt, this guy called beaf has no direction.He appears to be dillusioned. We are discussing a very sensitive issue,he was trying to shift our attention. God will judge it oh,
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by kokogee: 9:08am On Nov 05, 2011
So, this is how the 'south-southerners' intend to manage the resources they claim some zones were mismanaging   As a matter of fact, there is a need for revolution in this country angry
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 10:21am On Nov 05, 2011
meonbooty:

Nothing is proven yet. 234Next didnt do their homework very well, No corroborative objective evidence. No pictures, photocopies of receipts etc. We all need to be careful with all these allegations flying around.

This is why I originally titled this thread "the wicked nation Nigeria has become". See how you flip this on Next234? You are comfortable to first write off their fine investigative work instead of even doing basic research that would not take you 10 seconds. Is this not an exponent of wickedness i.e being comfortable with corruption to the extent we prefer to tell whistleblowers to get lost instead of taking an objective look at what they are saying? 234Next did do their homework. This is why two of its investigative journalist are honoured as the best in Africa. The forum should look at what is written below and make up thier minds whether 234Next did not do their homework or if many Nigerians now automatically defend corruption.

Allison-Madueke should tell lawmakers why she violated the law by awarding licenses to lift Nigerian crude oil to 'briefcase companies' including two companies incorporated by Chris Aire. On July 9, 2010 , Mr. Aire incorporated Siseno Oil Nigeria Ltd, and 12 days later ( July 21, 2010 ), Mr. Aire, through his agents, incorporated another firm, Caligeria Oil Ltd, for the purpose of conducting petroleum products sales and distribution. One month later, Allison-Madueke discretionally awarded crude oil lifting contracts to the two firms, with neither fixed addresses nor personnel, in violation of NNPC guidelines for lifting of Nigerian crude. With the arbitrary allocations to his no-address companies, Mr. Aire and his associates earned about $11 million a year in profit for doing virtually nothing.

234Next named names and directly pointed at specific business enterprises. 234Next did an excellent job and it is only the 'wickedness' , i.e how comfortable we all are with corruption, that produces a situation where those who lead did not bother to look into what 234Next revealed and those who are led prefer to infer that 234Next "did not do their homework". Read what is written below because I am now convinced most Nairaland don't take time to read and comprehend. I want objective Nairalanders to look at the passionate appeal below for Allison-Madueke not to be returned as a Minister . Yet efforts fell on deaf ears in a conspiracy of base wickedness and sheer greed between the executive and legislative arm. Rather than pose the questions below to Allison-Madueke, our 'settled' Senators rolled out the red carpet for her. "Wicked" lot of people.

http://www.thenigerianvoice.com/nvnews/54847/1/commentary-ten-questions-senators-should-ask-dezia.html

Commentary: Ten Questions Senators Should Ask Deziani Allison-Madueke
Source: huhuonline.com - Huhuonline.com
General News | Tue, 28 Jun 2011

Recently, the media has championed calls and provided evidence why the grumpy former Petroleum Resources Minister, Diezani Allison-Madueke should not be returned to the cabinet, let alone to the Oil ministry portfolio. We thought media had made the point loud enough to invite President Goodluck Jonathan to take a hard and unsentimental look at Allison-Madueke's record as Oil Minister. On each occasion, we promised ourselves that I won't write any more on the woman. 

But, like a bad headache, Allison-Madueke has refused to go away. Against all the odds, she made the final list and it is now left to the Senate to save Nigerians from what has become a national embarrassment; the President having failed in his duty. 

The President's decision to return Allison-Madueke to the cabinet, unpopular as it is, points to a failure of leadership arising from poor judgment. We are therefore demanding that the Senators add the following questions to their list of questions for Allison-Madueke when she comes up for screening:            

1-Lawmakers should ask Allison-Madueke about the so-called 'Strategic Alliance Agreements' signed by the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) and the Nigerian Petroleum Development Corporation (NPDC) and Septa Energy Nigeria Ltd discreetly assigning oil blocks without an open and competitive bidding process in violation of the 2007 Public Procurement Act and the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Act 2010. A Lagos-based lawyer, Bartholomew Aguegbodo, on June 10, 2011 , asked a Federal High Court in Lagos to declare these agreements as illegal, null and void. He joined Allison-Madueke, the NNPC and the NPDC, Septa Energy, and the Attorney General of the Federation as first to fifth respondents respectively.             

2-Allison-Madueke should tell lawmakers why she thinks her refusal to sign up for mandatory national service with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) after she graduated from Howard University in 1987 should not be seriously reprimanded. According to Section 13 of the NYSC decree, Allison-Madueke committed a criminal act. '(A person) who refuses to make himself available for service in the service corps continuously for the period specified in subsection (2) of this section, is guilty of an offence and liable on conviction to a fine of N2,OOO or to imprisonment for a term of 12 months or to both,' the Act states.             

3-Lawmakers should also ask Allison-Madueke whether she has reimbursed the $2 million she spent on a fashion show, organized by diamond designer Chris Aire, to promote his brand in the United States . The high profile event, tagged: 'Chris Aire - 'Hollywood Glamour Collection'2010 Nigeria's Pride- Gold and Gemstones was packaged as a kind of fair to create awareness for the untapped gold and gemstone resources in Nigeria. CBN boss Lamido Sanusi coaxed four Nigerian banks --Diamond, First, Guaranty Trust and First City Monument Bank to cough out the dough.   The lavish event held on April 07, 2010 at the prestigious Beverly Hills Hotel on Sunset Boulevard in Beverly Hills , California .         

[b] 4-Allison-Madueke should tell lawmakers why she violated the law by awarding licenses to lift Nigerian crude oil to 'briefcase companies' including two companies incorporated by Chris Aire. On July 9, 2010 , Mr. Aire incorporated Siseno Oil Nigeria Ltd, and 12 days later ( July 21, 2010 ), Mr. Aire, through his agents, incorporated another firm, Caligeria Oil Ltd, for the purpose of conducting petroleum products sales and distribution. One month later, Allison-Madueke discretionally awarded crude oil lifting contracts to the two firms, with neither fixed addresses nor personnel, in violation of NNPC guidelines for lifting of Nigerian crude. With the arbitrary allocations to his no-address companies, Mr. Aire and his associates earned about $11 million a year in profit for doing virtually nothing. The Presidency plans an investigation after major stakeholders protested against the overwhelming presence of shadowy companies without requisite industry experience and stipulated financial power, and who have failed to fulfil stipulated corporate responsibilities to the host communities, in violation of the guidelines signed by Allison-Madueke herself.           [/b]   

5-Lawmakers should ask Allison-Madueke about the elaborate bribery scam at the Petroleum Product Pricing and Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), where oil marketers were compelled to pay bribes in US dollars in exchange for obtaining authorization to import gasoline. The oil marketers were instructed by PPPRA to call a mobile telephone number and pay a bribe of $8 per metric ton of petroleum allocated to them, such that a firm with a 100,000 metric tons allocation would be required to pay a bribe of $800,000 in cash.             

6-Allison-Madueke should be asked to explain why despite all her much-vaunted 'reforms' to engender transparency in the sector, the 2011 report by the anti-corruption watch group Transparency International titled: 'Promoting Revenue Transparency', the NNPC is one of the eight worst performing companies worldwide, scoring zero for poor organizational disclosure.             

7-Senators should seize the occasion to get Allison-Madueke answer questions relating to their inconclusive investigation by the Senate Committee on Petroleum (upstream) into three (3) oil blocks - OML 4, 30 and 41, which she discreetly and illegally assigned exploration rights to Septa Energy Nigeria Ltd. The federal government maintained a 55% stake in the blocks representing billions of naira. The Senate committee was unable to conclude its investigations because Allison-Madueke arrogantly refused to appear before the committee to answer questions even though she was invited several times. She can run, but she can no longer hide.             

8-Lawmakers should also ask Allison-Madueke the inauspicious circumstances that led to her violating a court order to protect the interests of her husband's company, and why she thinks this blatant conflict of interest should not be seriously reprimanded. She muzzled the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) into not complying with the court-directive to put a lien on all financial operations of Eremor Offshore oil field operated by Excel, chaired by her husband Retired Rear Admiral Allison Madueke. Excel had failed to honor an agreement with Alphin Fleury and Partners, a private company in Switzerland hired by the London office of the NNPC to seek financing for several Nigerian companies that are operating marginal oil fields. Excel breached the contract and when the court ordered a lien to be place on their assets, Allison-Madueke used her position as Minister to contravene and discard the court order.             

9-Allison-Madueke should be asked to explain her uppity nature and disdain for the rule of law, which has led to arbitrariness and chaos in the sector. She should explain her decision ordering the NNPC to exercise its right of first refusal to prevent companies that bought oil acreages from RoyalDutchShell disinvestment sell-off of its blocks from operating the blocks. This has triggered a planned massive disinvestment by the oil majors from the Nigerian oil sector             

10-Finally, lawmakers should ask Allison-Madueke this simple question: throughout her tenure as Minister, especially as Oil Minister, what mistakes have she made; what lessons have she learnt from those mistakes and if given another opportunity to head the Oil Ministry, what are some of the things she would do differently?           

It is beyond human comprehension that President Jonathan can still appoint Allison-Madueke to his cabinet. What professional or ideological imperatives besides Ijaw solidarity that informed the President's decision stretches credulity. What her re-appointment demonstrates is a predilection towards profligacy, and a questionable emphasis on reward rather than service: I consider the outrageous decision to return Allison-Madueke rather scandalous. The basic principle here is that public service ought to be about sacrifice and dedication. Those who have been elected or appointed to serve Nigeria in one capacity or the other should see their elevation as a mark of honor and as an opportunity to contribute to the making of Nigeria , its progress and development. Allison-Madueke is just unfit to hold public office and the Senate should reject her nomination outright!     
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 12:23pm On Nov 05, 2011
There is trouble!
I demand not only Madueke resignation, but the total end to GEJ clandestine administration!!
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by DrummaBoy(m): 12:26pm On Nov 05, 2011
We said GEJ is endangering our democracy, they said we planning a coup
Pray how else are coups encouraged!
Re: The Shame of a nation. Nigeria's Petroleum Minister Allison-Madueke !!! by Gbawe: 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2011
DrummaBoy:

There is trouble!
I demand not only Madueke resignation, but the total end to GEJ clandestine administration!!

My brother, it is just the turn of the GEJ 'crew' to chopulate. The cabalistic "na we dey in charge" mentality is what has gotten us where we are today. every new 'crew' feel obligated to corner Nigeria's wealth for itself rather than share it equitably with the people. I am beginning to think we are cursed with how we keep gaining Presidents , in the face of far better alternatives, only interested in protecting the interest of those who arrogantly deem themselves "the owners of Nigeria".

Everyday, I become more convinced that nothing less than a revolution is the way forward because there are simply too many 'Voltrons' of the status quo everywhere (executive, legislative and judicial arm) for ordinary Nigerians to ever see our wealth used on us. How I wish Nigeria was in Libya's shoes right now i.e the old order totally gone with a National Transitional council in place headed by the likes of Achebe, Soyinka, Col. Umar , Buhari, Falana, Ribadu, Fawehinmi (RIP) et al.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos To Enjoy 24hrs Electricity Supply / Will You Vote For GEJ If He Goes For Second Term? / Who Would You Prefer For Nigeria's Next President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.