Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,224 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame (11519 Views)

Meet Justice Adebukola Banjoko, Tough Female Judge That Jailed Nyame & Dariye / Lauretta Onochie Reacts To Jolly Nyame's Jail Sentence After Defecting To APC / Jolly Nyame's Face As He Is Jailed For 14 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by DaddyJapan(m): 5:37pm On Jan 05
I learnt a lot in Kuje prison -Ex-gov Nyame

A former Taraba State Governor, Jolly Nyame, promised to be a better leader if given another opportunity to govern the affairs of his state.

Nyame made the vow during a Thanksgiving service that took place at the Christian Association of Nigeria secretariat in Jalingo, the state capital on Thursday.

The former governor who said he learned a lot from his time in prison, was granted presidential pardon by former President Muhammadu Buhari in 2022 after he was convicted for fraud in 2018.

He only served four years of a 14-year sentence.

While declaring that the prison experience had bestowed him invaluable lessons, he also advised leaders to stand strong in the face of challenges.

“I learned a lot while in Kuje Prison and the hospital. If given another opportunity to lead the people of Taraba State, I will do better because of the experience I have gained,” he stated.

Justice Adebukola Banjoko of the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory in Gudu, Abuja, had on May 17, 2018, sentenced the former governor to 14 years imprisonment for acts of criminal breach of trust and misappropriation of the sum of N1.64bn belonging to the state.

However, he told The PUNCH in a December 2022 interview, that he had been vindicated by the presidential pardon granted him by former President Buhari.

Source: https://punchng.com/i-learnt-a-lot-in-kuje-prison-ex-gov-nyame

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by EreluRoz: 5:40pm On Jan 05
Prisoners do not learn, they come out more hardened

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Omihanifa: 5:41pm On Jan 05
Reverend father way dey loot treasury

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by illicit(m): 5:57pm On Jan 05
Vindicated my ass

20 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by optimistfeel(m): 5:35am On Jan 06
Another opportunity my foot....so that you can loot another treasure and blame devil again.....Never again😄😄

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by dkingsman82(m): 5:35am On Jan 06
Lolz

2 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by NapoleonHill: 5:36am On Jan 06
Ole wants to lead the people of Taraba state again? Imagine the guts.

For him to have the temerity to talk about leading the people of Taraba again, it's either he considers them as fools or they are actually fools.

43 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Achoghim: 5:37am On Jan 06
He isn't a Rev Father
Omihanifa:
Reverend father way dey loot treasury

2 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by stuffs4me(m): 5:37am On Jan 06
NapoleonHill:
Ole

Jolly Nyame is the worst governor after Peter Obi

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by jayboy112233: 5:38am On Jan 06
No need to be given another opportunity, you have been tested and failed, let’s try someone else sir.

14 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Nayturalistic: 5:39am On Jan 06
Normally normally prison na one confirm citadel of learning..

Ur mind go just de.
Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by KosiGee(m): 5:39am On Jan 06
He should return the money at the current N~$ exchange rate.

Every Nigeria politician should spend at least a year in Nigeria prison. Similar to NYSC. These people are thieves and evil.

3 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Oscarchims: 5:39am On Jan 06
Just four years and he was pardoned... For what?

7 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by NwokoloOwa: 5:45am On Jan 06
Bros, you have not learnt enough.

3 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by LOVEGINO(m): 5:47am On Jan 06

4 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by mankan2k7(m): 5:47am On Jan 06
Opportunity for a thief to serve again? Naija is a cruise. Go and enjoy your loot.

I will not be surprised if naija make him a senator again. Ole oshi.

7 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by ChristianMuslim: 5:47am On Jan 06
You will still go the second time, thief never comot for your eyes..

2 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Kasdat5(m): 5:48am On Jan 06
If sey na China we dey , na your remembrance we for dey mark , just imagine what this person is spewing from his mouth. Not only another chance .

6 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by 4tomandchi: 5:56am On Jan 06
Clown
Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Ameh1987(m): 6:00am On Jan 06
Tinubu the best governor is now on the throne. How market??
Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Yankee101: 6:05am On Jan 06
Some jailed big men are not actually in the jail but in one location somewhere with full time prison warden at their beck and call at comfortable locations with ac and cleans beds and cooks etc

2 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by DrTee1(m): 6:06am On Jan 06
Buhari's decision to grant Presidential pardon to this man is another of the testaments of the weak leader that he was.

Its domino effect on governance and administration, as a deterrence to stealing in executive office, was a masterstroke that Buhari robbed all of us, of.

The Daura man must have considered political exigencies - but you do not do that on matters of bare-faced and convicted stealing. It would encourage others to do worse and further suffocate the fight against corruption. Here it is: he is effectively asking for another chance to rule Taraba!

A Christian Reverend gentleman who claims he learnt in prison. Who cares? Didn't Obasanjo learn in prison? By how much was he better, as a man who publicly amassed wealth by questionable means, when he came back to rule Nigeria?

The same queries people had from the Land Use policy and Operation Feed the Nation in 1976 that helped to establish Obasanjo Farms thereafter, or the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library Project that he got sitting governors to donate to, publicly on national television while he was a sitting president - a project which he makes money from as a private citizen today. It costs at least 3000 naira to tour the same library in Abeokuta today: a place that was built right before our eyes with public resources!

Many things are wrong with Nigeria, and this is another one of them.

5 Likes

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by epainos: 6:11am On Jan 06
Nigeria is set to be crushed, and I strongly believe this is happening soon. Nigeria is always pardoning political thieves who stole billions while ordinary and common people perish. Lol. If you are still praying for Nigeria, you are an enemy of the people suffering in it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Yabsun(m): 6:12am On Jan 06
This thief is supposed to be advocating for good governance and taking it upon himself a campaign against corruption and embezzlement by going from one radio station to another and siting himself as a reference if truly he’s sorry. Look at him stylishly asking for another opportunity in office. Well, it’s Buhari master of corruption I blame for releasing you and that other criminal ex governor. Key to the prison you were both locked should’ve been thrown into Indian Ocean in a country where things are working.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Boldideas: 6:15am On Jan 06
DaddyJapan:

Source: https://punchng.com/i-learnt-a-lot-in-kuje-prison-ex-gov-nyame

Were talking N44billion and you're talking N1.6bn nonsense. Lol.... 😂😂😂 That Humanitarian disaster minister should be sentenced to about 70 years imprisonment.

1 Like

Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:16am On Jan 06
He should still be in there, with a whole host of his peers currently walking free.
Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Godjone(m): 6:29am On Jan 06
Go but sin no more. But both the pardonee and the pardoned are all treasury looters. "Ingfact" Buhari looted even more
Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by AbuTwins: 6:31am On Jan 06
shocked
Re: I Learnt A Lot In Kuje Prison - Ex-Governor Nyame by Godfullsam(m): 6:35am On Jan 06
Granting presidential pardon to a looter was one of the many stewpid things buhari did during his tenure as the president of the federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Economic Hardship: Begin Importation Of Food - TUC Tells FG / Nnamdi Kanu Of Radio Biafra Storms U.S Ahead Of Buhari's Visit / Three APC Lawmakers In Kano Assembly Defect To NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.