Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed (711 Views)

Russia Vs Ukraine: Reno Omokri Blames Buhari For Biden's Weakness / Boko Haram Members Vs Chiwetalu Agu: Reno Omokri Blames Igbos / Buhari Loses 100K Followers On Twitter As Reno Omokri Starts #unfollowbuhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by SharingIsLife(m): 7:05pm On Jan 05
Says Reno

Do you know why oil and gas companies operating in Nigeria have to keep applying for expatriate quotas to bring in thousands of foreign workers? It is because there are over 250,000 oil and gas jobs in Nigeria, yet Nigerians keep going to universities to read library science, linguistics, sociology, philosophy and political science. Courses that have no relevance to anywhere and anything in Nigeria.

Then these same people complain that foreigners are coming to take their jobs. What job can you do at Chevron with your PhD in Religious Studies? That is why Total and Elf are bringing non-graduates with technical skills from France to do jobs that you could have done if you had just spent six months learning a skill.

Dangote built a $19.5 billion refinery and could not find 11,000 technicians to run it, because all of you have degrees in botany and philosophy. Google it. Dangote had to import 11,000 technicians from India. They are at Lekki earning in one hour more than you make in a month, because you wasted four years studying languages and linguistics. The next thing is to join Obidients to blame Tinubu for your predicament. I greet you o!

#TableShaker

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by EreluRoz: 7:08pm On Jan 05
He's somehow right , there are courses you don't study in Nigeria else it'll be a waste of time if you've got no skills e.g engineering and medical courses(they end up as quarks).

Skills are more important than all these rubbish you do in Nigerian universities.
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by SharingIsLife(m): 7:10pm On Jan 05
More rxns

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by SharingIsLife(m): 7:14pm On Jan 05
EreluRoz:
He's right , there are courses you don't study in Nigeria else it'll be a waste of time if you've got no skills e.g engineering and medical courses.

Skills are more important than all these rubbish you do in Nigerian universities.
It's like you're contradicting yourself. You said he's right but went ahead to blame the system for having courses that amount to a waste of time.

More rxns Sha!

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by SharingIsLife(m): 7:17pm On Jan 05
More.

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by nonhuman(m): 7:18pm On Jan 05
We that are studying engineering in FUTO, futmina, futa etc who have employed us

2 Likes

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by illicit(m): 7:35pm On Jan 05
He is right tho

To some extent
🕶️
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by adamusuleiman1: 7:42pm On Jan 05
For once I disagree with Reno.

We have severel engineering and polytechnic graduates that could do some of these jobs but the oil companies are not training the locals as much as they should. This does not happen anywhere else in the world.

The skills level that may be missing is trade skills. Nigeria does not have excellent trade schools, but the oil companies can still also fill this gap by training polytechnic OND holders to fill this gaps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by Bahdguyishere: 7:43pm On Jan 05
He's very correct. Engineering student that can't use screw driver to unscrew something, they are plenty in Nigeria. If your lecturers did not teach you the practical things, you can also learn and be able to solve practical issues
Something happened some days ago and about an electrical project. I was called and on getting there the person that did the first job made some mistakes and some things caught fire there. So some young guys from safety department of a big brand in Nigeria were sent to investigate the cause, so one of them ask of the electrician that did the installation and was told that the guy was not around but that another electrician is around and they pointed at me. He came closer and he said so that everyone will understand what we are saying he will need to speak in pidgin so I will understand. Lol. So I smiled and told him I'm a graduate too and that I will answer him well and he was shocked.
So the thing is, many people believe speaking English is everything. You better add value to yourself. Learn and know as many things as you can. Even the money I will make from the job he came to investigate, he can't make it in 3 months, but he underated me because they said I'm an electrician.
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by adamusuleiman1: 7:47pm On Jan 05
nonhuman:
We that are studying engineering in FUTO, futmina, futa etc who have employed us
Exactly. Most of my mates that we studied engineering together did not get engineering jobs. Most ended up in Banks, Advisory and consulting, IT, FMCG as sales executives and other different careers. Even some that made it to engineering firms like GE still ended up in the commercial and sales departments. Very few, maybe 5% actually are practicing engineering. The guys that studied civil are luckier in the sense that it's easier for them to start up their own construction firm.
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by CandidAdmin(m): 8:19pm On Jan 05
EreluRoz:
He's somehow right , there are courses you don't study in Nigeria else it'll be a waste of time if you've got no skills e.g engineering and medical courses(they end up as quarks).

What are you saying?
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by CandidAdmin(m): 8:22pm On Jan 05
Who are those training the expatriate to begin with?
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by obonujoker(m): 8:25pm On Jan 05
That man is dumb.

How many engineering graduate are working with oil and gas??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by jmoore(m): 8:41pm On Jan 05
Reno Omonkey, he has to mention Peter Obi in his post.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by Racoon(m): 8:51pm On Jan 05
Even those who read relevant courses that applied if needed be - are they getting employment? Does this man have an employment himself? Why degrading those who read the courses? Are all fingers equal? Reno Omokri is really an idiot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by Isobug: 8:59pm On Jan 05
He lacked what to write.
I studied Materials and Metallurgical Engineering with good grade and had to go back to school for a different degree because I I searched for that Oil and gas jobs for 3 years and nothing came out.
Met and Mat Engineering is one of the most relevant discipline needed in Oil companies but I couldn't fine one

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by magoo10(m): 9:02pm On Jan 05
What course did the mumu omokery read again.
The Ode is even referring to all Nigeria graduates as Obidients

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by Bulldozer90: 9:25pm On Jan 05
Lol
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by SmartPolician: 11:35pm On Jan 05
I'm surprised Reno didn't blame Peter Obi or the Igbos for the problem. Mvmv
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by SpatialKing(m): 12:36am On Jan 06
Other countries like USA
Companies like Texaco, Chevron, Mobil etc our Graduate intern, Summer intern, Student positions to both students and fresh graduates in the USA ano matter your race or background.

This prepares students and fresh graduates for the real job...
Do we have that in Nigeria?
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by zombieHUNTER: 1:50am On Jan 06
illicit:
He is right tho
To some extent
🕶️

Reno is wrong..

He's a fool..

In advance countries.. you have trainees, interns, he knows unemployment is on the rise.. dude is just looking for ways to be on Tinubu's good book...

Reno is hungry
he needs a hand on the national Cake
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by olisaEze(m): 1:54am On Jan 06
This is what comes from giving too much importance to the ramblings of a raving fool who has never been gainfully employed outside of Nigerian politics! In the same way he falsly claimed to have been shown the president's missing records at Chicago but couldn't say if it was shown to him electronically or by hardcopy, the white goateed omokri is berating Nigerian youths without first telling them where he has ever seen or heard it said, that oil companies in Nigeria were in need of engineers but couldn't find enough in the country! Small wonder the country is the way it is with so many sheeple bleating yes before even thinking about what they're agreeing to! As large an operation an oil company runs, the nitwit actually believes that only engineering graduates are employable in the oil & gas sector. grin
Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by aariwa(m): 2:09am On Jan 06
SmartPolician:
he is basically saying that Nigeria doesn’t have up to 250k science graduates to take up the oil company jobs. I think he is intentionally trying to sound stupid to appeal to the Agbado mindset to see if he can fit in

1 Like

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by plaindealer: 2:35am On Jan 06
Reno stated facts and we all know about our parental expectations, our parents want university degrees regardless of the discipline even though some prefer doctors, lawyers, engineers and so on.

In Germany, they prioritize vocational education and TECH skilled auto industry where nearly all the workers are trade and technical school graduates and they make more money than university graduates.

Are university degrees obsessed Nigerians and their parents ready to accommodate vocational and technical skills?

No.

Re: Reactions As Reno Omokri Blames Nigerian Graduates For Being Poorly Employed by SharingIsLife(m): 11:24am On Jan 06
SmartPolician:
Didn't you see 'Obidient' there?

(1) (Reply)

Names Of 300 None Yoruba Villages In South West Nigeria / N30 Trillion Was Printed, Shared Under Buhari’ – Northern Governor Reveals / LASG To Demolish $200 Million Landmark Beach Resort For Costal Highway Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.