Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,181 members, 7,842,416 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

2024 Edo Gov. Race: PDP Tips Ituah Ighodalo’s Brother Asue - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2024 Edo Gov. Race: PDP Tips Ituah Ighodalo’s Brother Asue (762 Views)

2016 Vs 2020: Data Shows Oshiomhole Was Inconsequential In Edo Gov Elections / Pastor Ituah Ighodalo Prays For Sanusi, Family Members On Arrival In Lagos / BREAKING!!! Sen. Dino Malaye Declares For Kogi Gov. Race, Vows To Defeat Yahaya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2024 Edo Gov. Race: PDP Tips Ituah Ighodalo’s Brother Asue by OpeCarter: 12:32am On Jan 07
Ahead of the September 2024 governorship election in Edo State, Asue Ighodalo may emerge the consensus candidate for Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). This is following the declaration of support for Ighodalo by key aspirants in the governorship race. Those who have declared support for Ighodalo include former Speaker and member of the House of Representatives, representing Esan West, Esan Central and Igueben Federal Constituency, Hon. Marcus Onobun, Senator Clifford Ordia, ex-Speaker Friday Itulah and Kenneth Ahbulimen.

Confirming this on Twitter, Ighodalo stated that, “I wish to express my gratitude to the leaders of our great party, the PDP, and especially, the special committee of the Esan Central Senatorial District. Today’s constructive interaction is one more positive step towards creating a more united and formidable party, as we approach the primary elections. I am also grateful to my dear brothers, Rt. Hon. Friday Itulah, Hon. Kenneth Ahbulimen, Sen. Clifford Ordia and Rt. Hon. Marcus Onobun for stepping down from the gubernatorial race in support of my aspiration to represent our great party in the forthcoming elections.” Meanwhile the Edo PDP Governorship Screening Committee, headed by Chief Tom Ikimi, has adjourned the gubernatorial screening exercise to Wednesday, 10th January 2024.

Asue Ighodalo is the elder brother of Pastor Ituah Ighodalo. Asue, the immediate past chairman of Sterling Bank Plc, is a founding partner of Banwo & Ighodalo, one of the foremost commercial law firms in Nigeria. He obtained his first degree in Economics from The University of Ibadan, a law degree from the London School of Economics and Political Science; and was admitted into the Nigerian Bar in July 1985. His core areas of practice are Corporate and Project Finance, Securities and Capital Markets, Energy & Natural Resources, and Mergers & Acquisitions.

https://newsblognigeria.com/index.php/2024/01/06/2024-edo-gov-race-pdp-tips-ituah-ighodalos-brother-asue/

(1) (Reply)

Obi’s Kinsmen Protest Over His Failed Promises To Community In Anambra. / PDP Win Plateau State / Naira Rises To 1,609/$ At Official Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.