Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Does Prayer Really Work ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Prayer Really Work ? (298 Views)

Does Prayer Really Work / Is Prayer Really Useful? / How Much Impact Does Prayer Have On One's Success In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Prayer Really Work ? by admissionrunz: 9:34am On Jan 07
Good morning Nairaland family.

I have a serious question to ask, does prayers really work ?
If it works, why do pastors do black magic ?
Why do pastors do rituals to acquire power instead of praying to God and having faith in him.
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by admissionrunz: 9:36am On Jan 07
When I was in PH the capital city of rivers state, there’s this cult group they call De-gbam, they believe in Odin. Then there’s this cult group they call De-well. I don forget the name of their god.

They believe their god is the superme. But when they need power, they will run to native doctors.

Same thing with Muslims and Christian’s.
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by McLizbae: 10:20am On Jan 07
Pray to God if you believe in God! Only a man of God will believe in God and only he can talk to God and get God's intervention. The earthly given title "pastor" doesn't mean an individual is turely a man of God. People are mostly called and accepted as pastors because they have convincely demonstrated that they can lead a congregation using skilled not necessarily of the spirit of God.

A man not God may not be called a pastor by men and people called pastors by men may not be man of God. When you pray to God is truth and believe God will answer you.

If you believe you are God's creation, you should believe you can pray to your creator.
admissionrunz:

Why do pastors do rituals to acquire power instead of praying to God and having faith in him.
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by FRANCISTOWN: 10:48am On Jan 07
admissionrunz:

NO.
Prayer spoils your life. It presents false hope and clouds your decision making ability
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by ProudNigerian01: 11:10am On Jan 07
It does Sir.
Make it part of your daily life and watch God change your life through it.

Anyone that prays and also practices black magic or rituals has been deceived by the evil one and needs to seek deliverance. Engaging in such evil practices is an act of darkness while God is light. Light and darkness have nothing in common (1John.1.5 - This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.)
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by DoWhatThouWilt: 11:38am On Jan 07
admissionrunz:

admissionrunz:
When I was in PH the capital city of rivers state, there’s this cult group they call De-gbam, they believe in Odin. Then there’s this cult group they call De-well. I don forget the name of their god.

They believe their god is the superme. But when they need power, they will run to native doctors.

Go and read your Bible very well. The answers to your questions are there but will never see or understand them because you keep worshipping and looking to men for answers instead of locking yourself in your house and reading the Bible on your own. Nonesense.
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On Jan 07
admissionrunz:
■ Good morning Nairaland family. I have a serious question to ask, does prayers really work ?
■ If it works, why do pastors do black magic ? Why do pastors do rituals to acquire power instead of praying to God and having faith in him.
1. Prayer works only if you are holy and Righteous. It does not work for the Unrighteous. That is the simple formulae given by God Himself. undecided

You see, Scripture states that God does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; the pleas and requests and every petition, praise, offering, work, plea, sacrifice, etc., of the unrighteous are tainted by their sins(disobedience/unholiness) and are hence an abomination to God. So, what is definite is that even your many pleas for the forgiveness of sins are not answered by God given that God made no special exemptions for that kind of plea. No amount of praying can cause God to change His mind regarding that which concerns the unrighteous by the way. So if you are thinking of prescribing more prayers that only means you don't understand or know God at all. undecided

God, however, openly bragged about how He only answers the prayers of the righteous; He delights in granting them the desires of their heart meaning that they are those who he loves. For this very reason, Jesus Christ urged His followers to seek first the Kingdom of God and God's Righteousness so that all things— the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(holiness), answers to prayers included—shall be added on to them. As Jesus Christ explained in His Gospel, the only way to become Holy, and then also Righteous, is by way of continuous submission and obedience to the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ, god's Truth and Law in the Kingdom of god - John 8 vs 31 - 36 & John 14 vs 15 - 23. Jesus Christ is the only way. Obedience to the Truth of God is the only path to God and His righteousness. No amount of praying and other religious rituals can accomplish that. undecided

God deals indirectly with the unrighteous, the same way He deals with the unbelievers including the wicked and the ungrateful and that is by pouring out His mercy and kindness on them daily. So every time as an unrighteous you feel that God has answered your prayer know that at that same moment, or moments before that, God also provided the same mercy or similar to someone else across the world — or maybe just across from you— who does not even believe in God, nor asked God for anything. So, if answers from God are what you seek, then do what Jesus Christ said you should, which is to seek first the Kingdom of God(holiness), and then God's righteousness, so that all these things —the blessings and rewards of the Kingdom of God(including answers to prayers) can be added to you. undecided

2. Your pastors and mogs — gods of men — are unrighteous men such as yourself who do not even believe every word out of God's mouth and so find they need to resort to other means to obtain the power they need to continue to rule over your lives with. undecided
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by woginid967: 1:20am On Jan 08
admissionrunz:

Prayer works.... Don't complicate it, just pray
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by SIRTee15: 1:37am On Jan 08
Yes it does. Consistency, knowledge of scriptures, living like a spirit being and understanding things of the spirit is the key.
Prayer works, don't be weary.
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by Kobojunkie: 1:42am On Jan 08
SIRTee15:
Yes it does. Consistency, knowledge of scriptures, living like a spirit being and understanding things of the spirit is the key.
Prayer works, don't be weary.
Again, so God who instead said He answers only the prayers of those that are righteous— Holiness and God's Righteousness is the Key — is a liar? undecided
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:54am On Jan 08
admissionrunz:

I have a serious question to ask, does prayers really work?

You need to know what Jesus taught about PRAYER not what you want to hear about it.

Jesus never taught his disciples to pray for material possessions that's not needed. Matthew 6:11

Instead he taught them to pray for Holy Spirit which will help them to do God's will {Luke 11:13} and while they're doing God's will all their needs (not wants) will be provided. Matthew 6:33-34

So if anyone is praying for material possessions that's not needed then such ones are after WANTS therefore they have nothing to do with Jesus of Nazareth! Matthew 6:19-21
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:58am On Jan 08
admissionrunz:

Does this not tell you that they are praying through Satan the giver of black magic?

Therefore, this proves prayer works.
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:03am On Jan 08
FRANCISTOWN:

NO.
Prayer spoils your life. It presents false hope and clouds your decision making ability

Surely, you must have been praying to a statue o I forgot, you were Catholic, so you were definitely praying to statutes.

Anyway, your problem.
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:08am On Jan 08
admissionrunz:

You mean churchgoers. Christians always hear from God so they are always fine and you will never see them running up and down because of problems

Troubles is for sinners..
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by FRANCISTOWN: 7:35am On Jan 08
Dtruthspeaker:

Surely, you must have been praying to a statue o I forgot, you were Catholic, so you were definitely praying to statutes.

Anyway, your problem.

Of course, was a catholic.
Also was a member of several pentecostal churches.
It's even better to kneel before statutes. Instead of kneeling before something that doesn't exist. It's just like kneeling before yourself 🤣🤣🤣
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by admissionrunz: 2:46pm On Jan 08
For me. Prayer has never worked for me.
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by Kobojunkie: 2:57pm On Jan 08
admissionrunz:
For me. Prayer has never worked for me.
Again, prayer only works for the Holy and righteous. For the unrighteous, there is God's mercy which you don't really need to do anything to obtain. Your pastors and mogs who pretend God answers some or their prayers only deceive you with lies. undecided
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:14pm On Jan 11
FRANCISTOWN:

Of course, was a catholic.
Also was a member of several pentecostal churches.
It's even better to kneel before statutes. Instead of kneeling before something that doesn't exist. It's just like kneeling before yourself 🤣🤣🤣

Yet you left kneeling under statues to live on no thingness like yourself! grin Anyway, your bed, your back ache. grin grin grin
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by FRANCISTOWN: 3:21pm On Jan 11
Dtruthspeaker:

Yet you left kneeling under statues to live on no thingness like yourself! grin Anyway, your bed, your back ache. grin grin grin
I'll inject Diclofenac when I wake and the back ache will disappear
Re: Does Prayer Really Work ? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:35pm On Jan 11
FRANCISTOWN:

I'll inject Diclofenac when I wake and the back ache will disappear

Till you wake up oneday and can't get up cos the Dic poison aint working but has now given.you spinal cancer.

But anyway, your back, your pain.

(1) (Reply)

Can Prayer Change God's Mind or plan? / No More Talk / U Have Been Trying To Solve That Marital Issue On Your Own,try God For A Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.