Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,568 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Is Prayer Really Useful? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Prayer Really Useful? (375 Views)

Does Prayer Really Work ? / Does Prayer Really Work / Is Prayer Effective? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Prayer Really Useful? by edo20: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2020
What do you think?
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by vikacydevato(m): 12:21pm On Jul 12, 2020
Communication is need at all time.

Whether with your earthly father or heavenly father.
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Kobojunkie: 10:50pm On Jul 12, 2020
edo20:
What do you think?
Why do you think prayer is not useful?
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by CandidSeeker(m): 4:59am On Jul 13, 2020
Luke 18:1-7
And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint;

Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man:

And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary.

And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man;

Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.

And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith.

And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them?

-Peace.
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Judybash93(m): 5:06am On Jul 13, 2020
People only pray for things that they think are possible. In other words, those things can either happen or not. Prayer isn't a reliable tool to get what one wants, so why use it?
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:42am On Jul 13, 2020
Judybash93:
People only pray for things that they think are possible. In other words, those things can either happen or not. Prayer isn't a reliable tool to get what one wants, so why use it?

That is what people say when they do not know how to use a thing.

In Nigeria they say "d ting no dey work Jo!" cheesy
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Judybash93(m): 5:49am On Jul 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

That is what people say when they do not know how to use a thing.

In Nigeria they say "d ting no dey work Jo!" cheesy

undecided undecidedthe thing? Lol grin grin Well, why aren't you the richest man on earth now. I have a feeling that must have been included in your prayers as well. grin that's actually something that's possible

1 Like

Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:19am On Jul 13, 2020
Judybash93:

undecided undecidedthe thing? Lol grin grin Well, why aren't you the richest man on earth now. I have a feeling that must have been included in your prayers as well. grin that's actually something that's possible

grin sweet heart, I Have Everything I want!

That is why I am even here on nairaland, on a Monday Morning and I do not fret.

All these through the Accurate Use and Many Understandings, of How Prayers work!
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Judybash93(m): 6:49am On Jul 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

All these through the Accurate Use and Many Understandings, of How Prayers work!

I've heard you boss. Have a great and fruitful life
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by frank317: 6:57am On Jul 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

U have everything u want... What a safe term to use. Well, congrats.

But we have seen how prayer worked against covid 19 and boko haram insurgent and we have seen how God has helped Nigeria get good leaders through ur prayers.

1 Like

Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:53am On Jul 13, 2020
frank317:

U have everything u want... What a safe term to use. Well, congrats.

But we have seen how prayer worked against covid 19 and boko haram insurgent and we have seen how God has helped Nigeria get good leaders through ur prayers.

Safe? I do have all I want, houses, cars foods and drinks, work and plenty of play, leisure and ease, Peace and joy, I travel at will, tell me is there any greater than these (excluding Eternal Life which I am pursuing)? I think not, and I really do not care if there is any other, cos I think I got them all.

cheesy I did not pray against Covid or theBoko guys and I will never.

In fact what I am praying for... Has been Answered!

We have told you but you do not hear, which is not my fault. So,...
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:59am On Jul 13, 2020
Judybash93:

I've heard you boss. Have a great and fruitful life

I already have it but thanks anyway!
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by LordYahweh(m): 8:43am On Jul 13, 2020
The world would literally be a perfect place if prayers worked.

2 Likes

Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:47am On Jul 13, 2020
LordYahweh:

The world would have been a perfect place if men refused to do Wickedness!

You may not have even had the need to pray, for Everything Would have been Provided For!
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by OtemAtum: 9:38am On Jul 13, 2020
Prayer is useless and it's just mere wishes.

Homo Sapiens III 15:12 sacrifices are useless and prayers are for the weak. But he who wants to be great will use his head to think deep, be his own god and do good to his fellow

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by frank317: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

The world would have been a perfect place if men refused to do Wickedness!

You may not have even had the need to pray, for Everything Would have been Provided For!

I think we are saying the same thing... The would would have been a perfect place if prayer work... The world is imperfect because of man's selfishness greed and all that.

According to u... If man stop his wickedness (which is almost not possible) the world will be perfect. Prayer will not make the world perfect but man's stopping his wickedness will make the world perfect.

Isn't this what we have been saying?

Prayer does not work, action works
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:34pm On Jul 13, 2020
frank317:

I think we are saying the same thing... The would would have been a perfect place if prayer work... The world is imperfect because of man's selfishness greed and all that.

According to u... If man stop his wickedness (which is almost not possible) the world will be perfect. Prayer will not make the world perfect but man's stopping his wickedness will make the world perfect.

Isn't this what we have been saying?

Prayer does not work, action works

It would appear that we are saying the same thing but, I do not think we have the same spirit especially your last statement

"Prayer does not work, action works"

I am Saying, in the abundance of Wickedness and Evils, Prayers Will Never Work!

But in the House of the Righteous, Prayers Are Always Answered, and They Shall Love Prayers, for They Know That Prayers is More Than Request.

And the Righteous Know That Prayers, is Also the Food of the Spirit and just like your flesh needs the food of the flesh, the spirit needs the food of the Spirit which is what Prayer Supplies.

That is the whole of my Answer on Prayer and it's Necessity, But It is Only for Those Who Know That They Require It For Their Good Well Being!

1 Like

Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 13, 2020
Nigeria, the poverty capital of the world, is a classic example of the fact that prayers don't work.
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by 1Sharon(f): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Safe? I do have all I want, houses, cars foods and drinks, work and plenty of play, leisure and ease, Peace and joy, I travel at will, tell me is there any greater than these (excluding Eternal Life which I am pursuing)? I think not, and I really do not care if there is any other, cos I think I got them all.

cheesy I did not pray against Covid or theBoko guys and I will never.

In fact what I am praying for... Has been Answered!

We have told you but you do not hear, which is not my fault. So,...

Nobody has all they want.
Re: Is Prayer Really Useful? by 1Sharon(f): 2:57pm On Jul 13, 2020
LordYahweh:

But then god will actually have to answer prayers that will be end up being a disservice to someone else.

(1) (Reply)

Calling On Arrewa To Explain His Stance On The Quran's Authority With Me. / Shocking: Nigerian Prophet Steps On Members Handkerchiefs As He Walks In / Lesson 3: RCCG Sunday School Student’s Manual [20th September 2020]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.