Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,054 members, 7,863,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:12 AM

Ndi Igbo Encourage Peace And Harmony- Benjamin Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ndi Igbo Encourage Peace And Harmony- Benjamin Kalu (81 Views)

There Is Still Room For You In APC - Deputy Speaker, Benjamin Kalu Tells Otti / Ramadan: Tinubu Prays For Peace, Unity And Harmony In Nigeria / The House Of Representatives Is Broke - Benjamin Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ndi Igbo Encourage Peace And Harmony- Benjamin Kalu by OndoNews: 11:44am On Jan 07
Ndi Igbo Encourage Peace And Harmony- Benjamin Kalu

Deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, Benjamin Kalu has canvassed the support of traditional rulers in the southeast for President Bola Tinubu, saying the president was interested in the development of the region...CONTINUE READING..

Kalu, who spoke at a meeting with members of the Bende Traditional rulers council at the weekend, also said that the president was happy that Ndi Igbo are resolved to stamp out insecurity and addressing other sociological challenges through the Peace In South-East Project (PISE-P).

The Deputy Speaker asked the traditional rulers to support the government of the day to reap more benefits therefrom.

He said: “Wherever Ndi Igbo see themselves, they encourage peace and harmony. We thank you for holding these values. I am your representative in the House of Representatives. I did not get there on my own. It was you that elected me. And this is why Abia state honored me.

“A few days ago, the Governor of the state, Dr. Alex Otti who is not a member of my party decided to honour me with a high title in Abia. He told the Abia State traditional rulers council to confer on me ‘Enyi Abia” (Strength of Abia). He must have seen something in your son.

“A day after that day, you saw what happened in Bende. It has never happened before. President Tinubu represented by Vice President Kashim Shettima, the Senate President represented by his deputy, my boss, the speaker of the House of Representatives, the governor of the State, Dr. Alex Otti, Governor Hope Uzodinma of Imo State,
Other governors who couldn’t make it in person came through their deputies.

“The Ooni of Ife, Emir of Kano, Emir of Bichi, Obi of Onitsha, over 15 Igbo billionaires were in Bende. I can go on and on.

“On this position, we are just starting work. The President called to say I am very, very happy that the Igbo came together for this. Truly, there is hope for the Igbo man. It does appear that this handshake across the Niger has started.

Click Below Link To Read Full Details:

https://rovingupdates.com/ndi-igbo-encourage-peace-and-harmony-benjamin-kalu/
Re: Ndi Igbo Encourage Peace And Harmony- Benjamin Kalu by Donwilson88: 12:37pm On Jan 07
There is always a simpler way of harnessing peace in any region
First! Present solutions to the people’s primary need! If that is done,insecurity is half battled!!

(1) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Signs N2.267 Trillion Budget For 2024 / Disconnection: NCC Grants Globacom 21 Days For Resolution With MTN / Demand Judicious Use Of Your Tax Money From Government: Sidec Tells Anambra Citi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.