Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

Industrialization Of Igbo Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Industrialization Of Igbo Land (2197 Views)

Rapid Industrialization Of Rural Areas In The South East Of Nigeria / Industrialization Grandplan, Akeredolu’s Remarkable Strides In Ondo State / Ozekhome: Fanning The Embers Of Disunity And Subjugation Of Igbo Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Mikeman123(m): 1:13pm On Jan 07
Sequel to the preaching and adherence of
'Aku ruo ulo' message,we have seen an upsurge in the development of cities, towns and villages in Igbo land.
The rate at which mansions, hotels,estates , public infrastructures are springing up ( especially in the last decade) proves that Igbos are united in terms of development of their homeland.
However, a cursory look at the human and natural resources of Igbo land shows that these resources are not being optimally utilized.
Beyond the commercial and industrial cities of Onitsha,Aba ,Nnewi,Emene &9th Mile corner,Enugu ,other parts of Igbo land need large scale industries . This will surely engender employment, revenue and overall development of the area.
What then can be done to enhance industrialization of Igbo land?
I suggest a synergy between governors in the region in the areas of power,rail transport and education.
What is your take?

10 Likes

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nice2023(m): 1:27pm On Jan 07
This year alone...I have personally purchased about 2 different plots of land in my village.

I have stopped investing in Abuja and as a result,I sold three plots of my land at airport road last year alone.

No time for nonsense.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Zulu11zulu: 1:31pm On Jan 07
Nice2023:
This year alone...I have personally purchased about 2 different plots of land in my village.

I have stopped investing in Abuja and as a result,I sold three plots of my land at airport road last year alone.

No time for nonsense.
I told my brother to do what ever he want to do to my land in Lagos I will never spend one cent in that region if he like let him sell it and eat the money not my busines.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Tinububalls: 1:40pm On Jan 07
Let's discuss please.
Personally I feel the diaspora force with agreement and support from the southeast Governor's forum can bring a spontaneous change in Alaigbo.

If our brothers and sisters living in diaspora can form bodies or organisations with the sole main of industrialisation and human capital development, with funds to build strategic hubs and infrastructures, they can organise meetings with the eastern governors, soliciting for their help in the part of roads, rails or any government intervention needed in the proposed project.
NOTE: Money donated to the cause of Biafra would have done a lot in Alaigbo physically, economically and even help unify the Igbo race for a better Igbo nation.
I love Alaigbo.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Donwilson88: 1:42pm On Jan 07
Yes! How i wish the Ibos have really woken up to reality! They will pay heavily to enter iboland soonest when we must have made here a tourist center as it should be!

Aku ruo ulo! Na better thing
After all charity begins at home!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Mikeman123(m): 8:40am On Jan 08
We need new industrial hubs in Igbo land.
Igbos in the diaspora, captains of industries and state governments should be the arrowheads of this initiative.
A developed and industrialized homeland is achievable.
The signs are good.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nigercity: 11:33am On Jan 08
Exactly
Am not a fan of divided Nigeria for now
Because Nigeria for now is our biggest market!
You need to see the amount of people from Kano, niger, Cameroon, Sierra Leone, Burkina Faso
Coming to trade in ABA, and to an extent onistha

Now the energy, attention and money received by ipob and other pro Biafra groups would have been used to build a whole lot of industries in Igbo land, And also improve our infrastructures
No doubt, Igbo city are expanding at Very massive rate, but the truth is aside onistha,Aba and Nnewi axis
Other cities in SE are just nothing to write home about in terms of industrialization, as beautiful as Enugu, Owerri, Abaikiik and Asaba
There's little industrial presence there, just fine buildings, estates and hotels
This is bad

All Igbos from different states, once contributed to build an airport! What suddenly changed why can't ipob, or ohanze or any Pan Igbo group seek donations from everyone including our people in diaspora (I will gladly contribute) to build at least 4 industries per year, and a fresh new 20 km per state every year

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nigercity: 11:54am On Jan 08
The major problem we have in igboland aside corruption is governmental lack of funds, truth be told (The people are far richer than the government)

Anambra state government for example does not have the money required to fix Anambra same goes to Abia state, that it's while Enugu, imo, ebonyi with less commercial urban areas seems to be more beautiful,And have more infrastructure than Abia and Anambra
Abia and Anambra have more industries no doubt!
But most of them are largely informal, not registered and they government can't tax them, not just because they owners are well connected, or bribery
but because they state government might
end up killing/destroying the SME which feed alot of homes in SE thereby leading to unemployment If they're being taxed properly

What we need to do is to be intentional about fixing Anambra and Abia
The roads in onistha are not good enough,

Since more than 40% of the entire Anambra state is joining Owerri to become a one mega city,
We need to focus on that axis
Create multiple 8 to 12 lanes interconnecting those small towns there that are fast merging
now that they're less populated, unless in the nearest future we would have another bigger okpoko,(slums)
Where we have a Very big city with small small tiny roads like what we have in most parts of onistha and Aba,

Since we can't expanded most roads in Aba and onistha (because of the amount of 5 to 7 storey buildings on them)
Why not focus on the neighboring towns buil new interstate highways that can withstand alot of traffics in the nearest future
Relocate most of our markets to the newly built highways
Thereby decongesting our cities

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nigercity: 12:08pm On Jan 08
Nigercity:
The major problem we have in igboland aside corruption is governmental lack of funds, truth be told (The people are far richer than the government)

Anambra state government for example does not have the money required to fix Anambra same goes to Abia state, that it's while Enugu, imo, ebonyi with less commercial urban areas seems to be more beautiful,And have more infrastructure than Abia and Anambra
Abia and Anambra have more industries no doubt!
But most of them are largely informal, not registered and they government can't taxed them, not just because of they owners are well connected, or bribery
but because they state government might
in end up killing/destroying the SME which feed alot of homes in SE thereby leading to unemployment If they're being taxed properly

What we need to do is to be intentional about fixing Anambra and Abia
The roads in onistha are not good enough,

Since more than 40% of the entire Anambra state is joining Owerri to become a one mega city,
We need to focus on that axis
Create multiple 8 to 12 lanes interconnecting those small towns there that are fast merging
now that they're less populated, unless in the nearest future we would have another bigger okpoko,(slums)
Where we have a Very big city with small small tiny roads like what we have in most parts of onistha and Aba,

Since we can't expanded most roads in Aba and onistha (because of the amount of 5 to 7 storey buildings on them)
Why not focus on the neighboring towns buil new interstate highways that can withstand alot of traffics in the nearest future
Relocate most of our markets to the newly built highways
Thereby decongesting our cities

Peter Obi as Anambra governor tried in this aspect
Of joining towns together with roads, and relocating some markets outside onistha to the neighboring towns and that's why the entire Anambra today is turning into a one city state, with a lot of industries sprawling up in different villages
That would have been rural, (making Anambra state today the most urbanized state In Nigeria outside Lagos)
But however those roads he built (if we are being honest to ourselves) was myopic and to me didn't withstand the taste of time!
He should have created multiple dual carriageway
At least 8 to 12 lanes (like rochas did in Owerri)
Most of those single lane roads Peter Obi built in Anambra today has started witnessing grid locks, some of them are now in terrible conditions
Because of how tiny they're!
Sadly soludo have started doing the same thing, joining the rural areas of aguta together forgetting that those single single rural roads he is building will soon be overwhelmed by traffic and by then
He wouldn't have enough funds to bring down peoples buildings and expand them

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nigercity: 12:26pm On Jan 08
Nigercity:

Peter Obi as Anambra governor tried in this aspect
Of joining towns together with roads, and relocating some markets outside onistha to the neighboring towns and that's why the entire Anambra today is turning into a one city state, with a lot of industries sprawling up in different villages
That would have been rural, (making Anambra state today the most urbanized state In Nigeria outside Lagos)
But however those roads he built (if we are being honest to ourselves) was myopic and to me didn't withstand the taste of time!
He should have created multiple dual carriageway
At least 8 to 12 lanes (like rochas did in Owerri)
Most of those single lane roads Peter Obi built in Anambra today has started witnessing grid locks, some of them are now in terrible conditions
Because of how tiny they're!
Sadly soludo have started doing the same thing, joining the rural areas of aguta together forgetting that those single single rural roads he is building will soon be overwhelmed by traffic

Abia state and Anambra state have the same problem! With Anambra being lucky in the last few years however on a more serious note
Anyone who knows ABA/Abia well
Will understand that Alex otti as of today is yet to do anything meaningful! Just media hype
Okezie too was terrible, but he did a good job compare to what the media says about him, if you're in ABA before okezie, you will understand that he really tried,
however he is bad and terrible compare to the standard we want!

Alex otti to, is yet to construct or start any meaningful project to decongest ABA except for the port Harcourt road he started, the Rest is just media hype
Most of they less than 1km roads he is building and snapping pictures with are less strategically
Some of them are just being recoated!
Meanwhile the 5 core local government of ABA Lacks interconnecting highway

Aside the 22 Kilometres dual carriageway okezie built from ogbor hill deep down to obingwa, the state government has never constructed any major road to linkup neighboring towns in ABA metropolis since 1999

3 Likes

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nigercity: 12:35pm On Jan 08
Tinububalls:
Let's discuss please.
Personally I feel the diaspora force with agreement and support from the southeast Governor's forum can bring a spontaneous change in Alaigbo.

If our brothers and sisters living in diaspora can form bodies or organisations with the sole main of industrialisation and human capital development, with funds to build strategic hubs and infrastructures, they can organise meetings with the eastern governors, soliciting for their help in the part of roads, rails or any government intervention needed in the proposed project.
NOTE: Money donated to the cause of Biafra would have done a lot in Alaigbo physically, economically and even help unify the Igbo race for a better Igbo nation.
I love Alaigbo.

Exactly my point
Alex otti, should have used his good media reputations to raise funds from people in diaspora, Sam mabkwe did this! And that was how IMO airport and other things in old imo was built

Plenty Igbo man from all south east states are always willing to donate for anything pro Igbo including some Igbo Rich men from Delta state (i.e ned nwoko, elumelu e.t.c)

Nandi kanu at a time had the media power to do this instead, instead the choosed protest, violence and sit at home,
Something the should have created a platform, used the money the spent in buying weapons
Use it in building 4 industries every year one in Enugu, one in owerri, asaba and abakiliki
Then at least fresh 20 km interstate dual carriageway road in Anambra and Abia
Per year
By now we should have gotten, 4×7 industries
Over the 7 years of his struggle

4 Likes

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Tinububalls: 1:41pm On Jan 08
Nigercity:

Exactly my point
Alex otti, should have used his good media reputations to raise funds from people in diaspora, Sam mabkwe did this! And that was how IMO airport and other things in old imo was built

Plenty Igbo man from all south east states are always willing to donate for anything pro Igbo including some Igbo Rich men from Delta state (i.e ned nwoko, elumelu e.t.c)

Nandi kanu at a time had the media power to do this instead, instead the choosed protest, violence and sit at home,
Something the should created a platform, used the money the spent in buying weapons
Use it in building 4 industries every year one in Enugu, one in owerri, asaba and abakiliki
Then at least fresh 20 km interstate dual carriageway road in Anambra and Abia
Per year
By now we should have gotten, 4×7 industries
Over the 7 years of his struggle
MNK was the right person to do this.
He would have United the Igbo nation first, then Biafra at last.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nigercity: 8:49pm On Jan 08
Tinububalls:

Yeah he bleeped up big time,
He even went as far as lumping other ethnic groups
Which was just the height of it!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Bestmanfornow: 9:21pm On Jan 08
Mikeman123:
'Aku ruo ulo' message,we have seen an upsurge in the development of cities, towns and villages in Igbo land.
The rate at which mansions, hotels,estates , public infrastructures are springing up ( especially in the last decade proves that Igbos are united in terms of development of their homeland.
However, a cursory look at the human and natural resources of Igbo land shows that these resources are not being optimally utilized.
Beyond the commercial and industrious cities of Onitsha,Aba and Nnewi, other parts of Igbo land need large scale industries . This will surely engender employment, revenue and overall development of the area.
I suggest a synergy between governors in the region in the areas of power,rail transport and education.
What is your take?
Gov Soludo will be flagging off two industrial parks in Anambra in few weeks time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nigercity: 8:26am On Jan 09
Bestmanfornow:

Gov Soludo will be flagging off two industrial parks in Anambra in few weeks time

Soludo is actually trying
But my question is
Why is he not connecting those rural areas with wide, multiple lane roads

For future sake
Those single lane roads he is building, will be difficult to expand, in upcoming years
Remember Anambra is turning into one city state

The issue of onistha being a city known with tiny tiny roads, shouldn't be replicated in the entire Anambra state

1 Like

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Bestmanfornow: 8:32am On Jan 09
Nigercity:

Soludo is actually trying
But my question is
Why is he not connecting those rural areas with wide, multiple lane roads

For future sake
Those single lane roads he is building, will be difficult to expand, in upcoming years
Remember Anambra is turning into one city state

The issue of onistha being a city known with tiny tiny roads, shouldn't be replicated in the entire Anambra state
Soludo is currently constructing two dual carriage roads one is Awka- Isuanocha, second is Iweka road-Moore street Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Mikeman123(m): 10:51am On Jan 09
Bestmanfornow
Gov Soludo will be flagging off two industrial parks in Anambra in few weeks time.

That's quite commendable.
I hope other governor's will toe the same line

1 Like

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Mikeman123(m): 11:20am On Jan 09
Nice2023 This year alone...I have personally purchased about 2 different plots of land in my village.

No time for nonsense.

That's a bold step.
Congratulations Sir.

You will surely make great returns on your investment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nigercity: 6:31pm On Jan 09
Bestmanfornow:

Soludo is currently constructing two dual carriage roads one is Awka- Isuanocha, second is Iweka road-Moore street Onitsha

Alright
How many kilometres is the awka-isuanocha road?
Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Ofodirinwa: 7:31pm On Jan 09
Mikeman123:
The rate at which mansions, hotels,estates , public infrastructures are springing up ( especially in the last decade proves that Igbos are united in terms of development of their homeland.
Beyond the commercial and industrious cities of Onitsha,Aba and Nnewi, other parts of Igbo land need large scale industries . This will surely engender employment, revenue and overall development of the area.
What is your take?

One thing I don't like is people trying to make meta-plans for Igboland. Everyone is doing a lot, go do your personal own. If you want Igboland industralized you should be planning and building your first factory. If everyone who makes these threads and posts builds a factory we will be Taiwan
Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Nigercity: 11:12pm On Jan 09
Ofodirinwa:

One thing I don't like is people trying to make meta-plans for Igboland. Everyone is doing a lot, go do your personal own. If you want Igboland industralized you should be planning and building your first factory. If everyone who makes these threads and posts builds a factory we will be Taiwan

You are right, how about having more good roads, with better city plan

1 Like

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by tishbite41(m): 6:46am On Jan 10
Tinububalls:

Biafra was the only way to unite the Igbo nation.
At a time, Ben Nwabueze convinced MNK to drop Biafra in favor of restructuring and the young man agreed. And that's when the military struck with the Python Dance.
MNK has done his bit. We should do ours.
At least for the first time in decades, the Igbos now have a common sense of purpose and pride credit to IPOB and MNK.
And mind you, Biafra will be the last resort because the rest of Nigeria will be very jealous of a very prosperous Alaigbo and you can bookmark this.
Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by kettykin: 6:50am On Jan 10
If you want to cause an industrial revolution all over the east, get every eastern state to buy innoson cars, and all the school uniform to be made from Akwete fabric and all shoes to be sourced from Eastern made shoes in aba , Onitsha buy Eastern made rice for distribution and palliative. The east will grow at more than 15 % growth rate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by obonujoker(m): 7:57am On Jan 10
Zulu11zulu:
I told my brother to do what ever he want to do to my land in Lagos I will never spend one cent in that region if he like let him sell it and eat the money not my busines.

Na inside Agiliti or inside inside Ikorodu the land dey 😂...

If you get land for Ikoyi, VI, Lekki phase 1, Magodo, Ogudu, Surulere, Gbagada etc, you won't type this trash

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by gabbytabby: 8:47am On Jan 10
Good every part of Nigeria should witness growth

Mikeman123:
What is your take?

1 Like

Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Abufo: 1:12pm On Jan 10
Tinububalls:
Let's discuss please.

I love Alaigbo.

.Another clueless post! Is it not when you secure,your land that talk on what investment you want to put up on it can start? The lack of strategic depth in our thinking sometimes leaves me baffled..........you have not secured one international airport worthy of its name.....no strategic gas pipeline, no dry ports, no PowerPoint, no steel mills,no railway lines................Nigeria is a rough neighborhood...nice guys always lose. ....leave our ESN and IPOB bad boys alone........agafu nwere Job!
Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by junketer(m): 1:59pm On Jan 10
Nigercity:

You for no reply that akpa amu
Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by junketer(m): 2:00pm On Jan 10
Nigercity:

Alright
How many kilometres is the awka-isuanocha road?
i think it's about 10 to 15kms. I'm from okpuno
Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Tinububalls: 2:52pm On Jan 10
Abufo:

.Another clueless post! Is it not when you secure,your land that talk on what investment you want to put up on it can start? The lack of strategic depth in our thinking sometimes leaves me baffled..........you have not secured one international airport worthy of its name.....no strategic gas pipeline, no dry ports, no PowerPoint, no steel mills,no railway lines................Nigeria is a rough neighborhood...nice guys always lose. ....leave our ESN and IPOB bad boys alone........agafu nwere Job!
So how can you secure all that you have mentioned?
Re: Industrialization Of Igbo Land by Ofodirinwa: 6:26pm On Jan 10
Nigercity:

What is the flaw in the city plan that you're specifically trying to address? Most of our cities are well planned, unless you see something I don't. I think city planning for VILLAGES is VERY important, because they are becoming cities and towns are not a single one of them have a plan. And you can easily become active in your village planning, easily form a plan and present to leadership, easily form a committee you can go to Local Government with, or work with community leaders to recruit planners.

But Owerri, Aba, Enugu, Umuahia, Onitsha, Asaba, Akwa, etc already have city plans and they're not bad or presenting any real issues.

none of this is to say you or others who are thinking of development plans for Igboland are doing a bad thing, but those of us who care about these things waste our entire lives talking, while those who don't care act and dominate on-ground politics. Igboland is designed in a way that anyone who wants to step up can step up and others will fully support if you're making sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

State House Spends 1.34 Million Per Week On Food / Special Helmets Being Used In Egypt's Revolution! / Ohakim Commission’s More Water Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.