Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Welding Or Truck Driving - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Welding Or Truck Driving (8591 Views)

I Want To Learn Truck Driving / Welding Or Tailoring. / N-power Build Masonry, Carpentary, Welding And Fabrication Trainees At Skillup. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by StemCellTherapi(m): 2:00pm On Jan 08
zinaman:
GOOD ALL.

PLEASE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN HERE ON nairaland, I am in a state of confusion, needs an advise on weather to learn Welding or to learn truck driving. Secondly, which of them will help me immigrate quickly. Thanks and happy new year to you all.

I know a Nigerian guy that migrated to Finland as a Welder in November 2023.

But I hear in USA, Truck drivers are making bank.
Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by Jokerman(m): 2:20pm On Jan 08
EEIA:
Welding Abeg.

Package yourself as a company. Not that roadside welding low standard.

Get tools, I mean get standard tools. Even if it’s gradually over time. See where you will be in 5 to 7 years.

You might even have enough funds to buy medium scale automated tools such as laser cutters that use Computer Aided designs.

With a workforce of people you will be managing to do the manual work for you while you train them.

cool
Thank me later. cool

Thanks
Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by tctrills: 3:12pm On Jan 08
zinaman:
GOOD ALL.

PLEASE LADIES AND GENTLEMEN HERE ON nairaland, I am in a state of confusion, needs an advise on weather to learn Welding or to learn truck driving. Secondly, which of them will help me immigrate quickly. Thanks and happy new year to you all.
There is a shortage of truck drivers in the US, UK, Canada, Australia and EU.
The UK alone is short by 60k
The USA is short by 80k
Canada is short by 20k
So you see your opportunity.
Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by gidjah(m): 4:33pm On Jan 08
The question is (1)how many people are really roofing houses out there now (2):what about his location ,it's possible there won't be building constructions in that territory (3)for how long would he be able to build a good resume round that job before the average person's would start trusting him to be able to handle a job ? . (4)are NIGERIANS out there really into building ?,I mean houses like we build all over here ?.I noticed people hardly build over there ,u most times buy partly because of the rules and regulations that binds building job in Europe,so most end up buying already made homes or estates .Over 90percent do not build houses ,they buy
and that has been my observation (pls correct me if I am wrong )
sukkot:
Why not try roofing if you are going to uk. To roof house na 10k pounds ooo. If you roof 50 in a year you done collect half a million pounds. You done become billionaire in Naira be dat na
Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by gnykelly(m): 4:58pm On Jan 08
Stevosty:
Truck driving is easy and less hazardous than welding.

Do you understand what they call stress

1 Like

Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by eepeepook: 5:07pm On Jan 08
Welding.
Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by EEIA: 6:14pm On Jan 08
michlins:
What you see there and more are my works.

Next time, before you tell a stranger to "get a sense ", think well first because the stranger might know more about the subject matter than you can ever dream of
you still need sense. cool
Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by soccerlite: 8:00pm On Jan 08
You think weldering is moin moin, Abi you are calling those roadside blacksmith welders

Weldering is a very technical and professional job

It involves cad, practicals, etc you better go iot to study
Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by engrzico(m): 8:40pm On Jan 08
zinaman:
GOOD ALL.

Welding is not just a skill, it's an art.
For you to be a good welder,
you must appreciate metallurgy, pay attention to detail as you will be working with molten metals, the better you understand how to manipulate the molten metal pool the better you get. You have to master These welding processes: TIG (Argon); MIG(especially Flux core, Aluminium) SMAW(STICK WELDING) then you decide your specialty. Structural or pipe. Get relevant certifications and experience and Be Dillgent God will see you through.
Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by BALLOSKI: 11:59pm On Jan 08
NwaNimo1:
Career / How Possible To Backdate Driver License. by zinaman: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2021

Haaa
Re: Welding Or Truck Driving by Pointnoire(m): 3:07am On Jan 09
In some US states, you must have a regular license for six months before applying for a CDL (commercial driver's license). Welding you can start from the day you get your work permit. The good-paying ones involve a lot of traveling to construction sites....good luck.

Emeskhalifa:
Truck driving especially if you plan to japa

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Secondary School Teachers Urgently Needed In Faith Academy Goshen / List Of JOB SCAM TEXT And Phone Numbers Of Job Scamers / Salary Of Boi And Nirsal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.